• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gashauskis9

• DVB

• 1971fozzy

• NaturalOrder74

55 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I’ve been very critical of him recently, I won’t hide from that.

However, that performance last night, to play through the pain barrier like he did and to leave everything he had on the pitch actually brings a tear to the eye.  He was inspirational last night, an absolute warrior.  On top of that, the way he dealt with that racist old twat says everything you need to know about him as a person - he’s an absolute diamond and a great role model.  He’ll have made a lot of friends in football last night and rightfully so. 

Long may it continue.  I can now see why Levein loves him so much and I have no doubt he’s just earned himself a contract extension.

So why the criticism in the first place. The guy is new to the club, playing injured after being forced into playing many games due to others injuries. 

Fans are so quick to jump on the backs of players and not trust the judgement of professionals who seem them every day. Its the same with Clare.   

PaulHartley10

Absolutely baffled by his CV. Hope he's found what he's looking for is signs on.

Dikamona Souttar Berra plz.

But what about Dunne ?

4 hours ago, PaulHartley10 said:

Absolutely baffled by his CV. Hope he's found what he's looking for is signs on.

But what about Dunne ?

....and Smith!!

8 hours ago, PaulHartley10 said:

But what about Dunne ?

Maybe he’s produced a lot of horrific performances likes his 20 minutes against Rangers over the years. Was unbelievable last night. The recruitment has been really excellent recently, Edwards the only real failure thus far.

If we are ever in a striker crisis id give him a go up top.

He's a unit to hold things up.

Wins headers.

Got a lot of pace and mobility for a big guy.

Seems very accomplished at dribbling and running with the ball.

Obviously not my first choice but think he has some of the skills needed to be a good striker

6 minutes ago, Phage said:

Wins headers.

Obviously not my first choice but think he has some of the skills needed to be a good striker

By the time we start again after the winter break we will have 3 very able strikers.

I like your thinking though

Yeah I am one of those who thought he has a mistake in him and wasn't entirely convinced but that was an outstanding performance, true warrior and achieved God like status the way he put his body on the line. 

That was a Zaliukas type performance, all on the line, playing through pain, cult hero in the making 

16 hours ago, PaulHartley10 said:

But what about Dunne ?

Its a strange CV for sure but the type of player we as a club are looking for,  and has been one punt thats worked out for us,  unfortunately for every success theres an Amankwaa in the wings

4 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Its a strange CV for sure but the type of player we as a club are looking for,  and has been one punt thats worked out for us,  unfortunately for every success theres an Amankwaa in the wings

Yes, agree with this. While guys like Peter Haring, Naismith and Dunne have been fantastic signings, for every one there is an Amankwaa,  a Wighton and a Mulraney.  Dikamoma was immense on Saturday but his problem, along with others like Lee, Bozanic and Mitchell is inconsistency.  We do rely very heavily on Naismith so let's hope he stays injury free for the rest of the season.

tartofmidlothian
8 hours ago, Phage said:

Wins headers.

He would have had a peach of a headed winner in the last derby if Haring hadn't been offside.

BonningtonJambo
22 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

He would have had a peach of a headed winner in the last derby if Haring hadn't been offside.

Hit the post too im pretty sure it was him

I wonder if he's walking properly yet? He puts some of our players (hughes mainly) to shame when he starts the game injured and puts in that performance. 

10 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Maybe he’s produced a lot of horrific performances likes his 20 minutes against Rangers over the years. Was unbelievable last night. The recruitment has been really excellent recently, Edwards the only real failure thus far.

I’m happy to overlook his performance against Rangers, because of the fact he was absolutely clattered by Clare about 30 seconds after coming on. Could quite possibly have affected the rest of his game as a result. 

Either way, even before Saturday I thought he’d done enough to warrant an extension.