• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gashauskis9

• DVB

• 1971fozzy

• NaturalOrder74

7 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Hopefully not a long term injury.

Hughes looks past it now on the evidence of the other night.

I would drop Haring back to centre back before playing Hughes.

5 minutes ago, DVB said:

I’d play Smith there as taking haring out the midfield would make us even more lightweight in midfield than we are now 

1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

I’d play Smith there as taking haring out the midfield would make us even more lightweight in midfield than we are now 

Not sure about Smith as centre back he has done ok but didn’t look too clever at Dolly Mendy’s goal on Friday.

I remember Levein mentioning about Souttar starting most of our attacks. Maybe dropping to a back 3 of Smith, Haring, Berra ? With Boz, Lee & Djoum in midfield and Godinho/ Brandon & Mitchell as wingbacks. Does nothing for our striker options but maybe the best team with what we have available..

My point being that Haring can play football so could potentially offer the attack starting that Souttar previous did 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Full marks to him for at least trying to keep track with the player he was marking and not just go down when the injury happened. I hope he recovers quickly as he showed his commitment to the cause in that incident. 

10 minutes ago, OTT said:

I remember Levein mentioning about Souttar starting most of our attacks. Maybe dropping to a back 3 of Smith, Haring, Berra ? With Boz, Lee & Djoum in midfield and Godinho/ Brandon & Mitchell as wingbacks. Does nothing for our striker options but maybe the best team with what we have available..

My point being that Haring can play football so could potentially offer the attack starting that Souttar previous did 

We played 3-5-2 at the start of the season and struggled v Cowdenbeath at home.

Jambof3tornado
24 minutes ago, DVB said:

I would play my granny before putting hughes in a hearts shirt ever again!

Captain Bubblebeard
19 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Agreed re not taking Haring out of the midfield.

King Of The Cat Cafe
3 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Would be very surprised if Hughes plays next season.  Time for him to retire.

Probably.  I got the impression he was ready to go at the end of last season and was talked into staying on.

19 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Full marks to him for at least trying to keep track with the player he was marking and not just go down when the injury happened. I hope he recovers quickly as he showed his commitment to the cause in that incident. 

:spoton:

54 minutes ago, Captain Bubblebeard said:

Agreed re not taking Haring out of the midfield.

Me too - Smith moved to Centre Back works for me. Sadly I think times has caught up for Hughes - shame as a marvellous player in his day, but probably those days are long gone.

1 hour ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I liked that too.

Captain Bubblebeard
17 minutes ago, augusthearts said:

Me too - Smith moved to Centre Back works for me. Sadly I think times has caught up for Hughes - shame as a marvellous player in his day, but probably those days are long gone.

Certainly seemed that way on Friday. You could argue first game in along time so inevitably rusty, but he did look like it was more than a case of a wee splash of WD40 required. Why then is he on the bench though?

The optimist in me hopes he could still operate in a three but I suspect that is not the case...

2 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Hopefully not a long term injury.

Hughes looks past it now on the evidence of the other night.

With the strapping on his leg it was obvious that he was carrying an injury and CL has taken a gamble by playing CD with it and also on a plastic pitch. That was a huge gamble which went pear shaped.

No idea how bad this injury is but by playing him has obviously made it worse

2 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I would play my granny before putting hughes in a hearts shirt ever again!

Sadly I agree. Hughes is absolutely finished. He was rightly wondering whether to stay for another season and decided to stay. He is nowhere near able to play now and was so exposed it was cringeworthy. Teams like Aberdeen and Hibs will target him and it will end up embarrassing. Play Haring at the back with Berra (or Smith if Godhino is fit for RB). We have to play a back 4 especially v Hibs, so I can’t see any other options than Haring at CB or Smith at CB if Gidinos fit. 

Play Hughes in any position is suicide

2 hours ago, McCrae said:

Would be very surprised if Hughes plays next season.  Time for him to retire.

Theres no chance either Hearts will  want or Hughes will sign on for next season. He was touch and go to sign for us this season so next one no chance. Especially after Friday night. The guys got some pride

10 hours ago, OTT said:

We miss Souttar as much if not more than Naismith imo. Dikamona is too static, regardless of the space in front of him he refuses to run into it and instead plays hospital passes to the full backs or long diagonals to the ball boys.

For the next couple of games, I’d rather drop Haring back and start our attacks from deep.  If Naismith is back we’ll benefit from a striker dropping deep to balance this out.  

10 hours ago, OTT said:

Touching on the striker options part......More and more as games pass it’s not just the threat from missing personnel upfront that sticks out. 

There’s no one doing enough from the middle of the park to get forward at pace or with the thought of carrying the ball.  

Of course there’s moments in the game the midfield need a good frontman to play off but there’s times they need to influence more themselves. Out wide has been disappointing too, tbh.  No threat. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Homme said:

Man of the match.

Just edged out by Djoum for me but, as I've already said, outstanding!

1 minute ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

A hero.

You could clearly see the pain he was in but he fought to the very end - love seeing fight in players - deserves another contract for effort alone 

Dikamona and Haring have pushed through the pain barrier for us. Arguably Berra too playing so many games so quickly after being out. Great to see that commitment. Credit to Levein for getting these kinds of performances from semi-fit players.

Edited by Guest

Fecking warrior. That track back to nudge their player off the ball near the end of the game, when he could barely move.