Great time to be part of the SPFL

chester copperpot

chester copperpot

8 teams within 8 points.

Teams pumping each other. 8th beating 1st convincingly today.

I know its ****ing frustrating being a Hearts fan, but it looks like this might be a brilliant season for whoever wins it. Will Celtic pull through, probably, but I tell you what, it's great seeing if they do and hating them all the way.

Theres something cool about playing in a shite league.

I agree. The standard isn’t the greatest, but it’s not as bad as some like to make out. We have had 4 teams top the league, and the mighty Celtic are looking pretty shaky away from home. Surely this is what everyone wants. A competitive league. 

Yeah of course we will curse as it will be deemed a missed opportunity. However, regardless of what you think , injures have played havoc with our chances. So let’s regroup and get right back in the mix. 

I'll puke till my guts come out if Steven Gerrard's Rangers win.

Actually, I already feel nauseous every time I hear them called that by the spineless cheerleaders in the "press". 

Edited by Gizmo

Tightest league for years should be excited by this I am to a degree. However, from a hearts perspective since the well cup tie and perhaps dons at Tynecastle we have been poor,  in fact very poor. Our defence is particularly disappointing.

Pity we’re a club supported by nothing more than a bunch of sectarian racists. Otherwise, you might have been able to come and watch it.

Ach well.

Edited by El Diez

23 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Tightest league for years should be excited by this I am to a degree. However, from a hearts perspective since the well cup tie and perhaps dons at Tynecastle we have been poor,  in fact very poor. Our defence is particularly disappointing.

You can't say that.

27 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

I'll puke till my guts come out if Steven Gerrard's Rangers win.

Actually, I already feel nauseous every time I hear them called that by the spineless cheerleaders in the "press". 

Couldnt agree more.

Given our recent form is relegation type form we need to straighten it out asap. Still miraculously in the mix , next 3 games are absolutely huge

rudi must stay
42 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

8 teams within 8 points.

I know its ****ing frustrating being a Hearts fan, but it looks like this might be a brilliant season for whoever wins it. Will Celtic pull through, probably, but I tell you what, it's great seeing if they do and hating them all the way.

Eduard being absolutely honking gives everyone a chance. Yes it's competitive so far and I think it will be all season 

Effin injuries and effin refs is all i think when look at that league table. We could be clear at top if not for even one of those factors!!

Agree with sentiment of OP though. The standard is far from as bad as we’re continually told too.

I love (and hate) Scottish football. Give me it over English moneyball any day

15 minutes ago, clouston1992 said:

Take 7 points from the 9 remaining before the winter break and things are interesting for us again. 

Little evidence that this is going to happen, unless Naismith has a freak impact.

15 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

Little evidence that this is going to happen, unless Naismith has a freak impact.

Naismith missing half a dozen games or so has had a freak impact.....wouldn’t you say ?

39 minutes ago, Gambo said:

You can't say that.

Not many would dispute that however there are several schools of thought as to why. I'm largely,  though not totally,  in the injuries and bad decisions camp as the reason for our decline hopefully dip in form. 

I agree with the OP though by and large.

18 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Celtic to spend big in January.

The radio pundits were raving over Porteus today and I thought, Celtic will sign him in Jan...

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Effin injuries and effin refs is all i think when look at that league table. We could be clear at top if not for even one of those factors!!

Agree with sentiment of OP though. The standard is far from as bad as we’re continually told too.

I love (and hate) Scottish football. Give me it over English moneyball any day

Losing our rock-solid central defensive pairing and two game-changers - it was unbelievable bad luck.

Another 'what if' season which will probably end up with us finishing 3rd or 4th.

This weekend last year we had just beaten Celtic and were still 14 points adrift. This year the top 5 are separated by 4 points...

Of course we aren’t going to win the league but if, and it’s a big if, we can get to the break without too much more damage and then regain some form in January this could still turn out to be a very fine season for us...given the way things have been going recently I would deal on an offer of 34 points at the split...

We take a beating on Friday, and to be honest i expected the teams at the top to strech their lead over us.

It hasnt happened, we are still in touching distance. We desperately need to take at least 6 points before the break, then regroup and come back out fighting like we did at the start of the season.

Games in hand count for nothing till you win them and the way things  are going you just dont know what will happen

rudi must stay
2 hours ago, kirkierobroy said:

The radio pundits were raving over Porteus today and I thought, Celtic will sign him in Jan...

A bid for Peter Haring wouldn't surprise me, thought that since the semi final. I would hold firm unless its a few mill 

GorgieRules22
5 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

A bid for Peter Haring wouldn't surprise me, thought that since the semi final. I would hold firm unless its a few mill 

You been drinking heavily ?

I get the sentiment of the OP, and yeah, a tight league is fantastic in terms of contrast to what we've become so used to seeing up here.

But, as far as 'great time to be part of the SPFL' goes - I just cant agree with that. The blatant cheating / corruption / favouritism / bias / determination to favour all things OF (pick your own descriptive word depending on where you sit on the scale of corrupt as feck through to these thigns even themselves out over a season), is as blatantly obvious as its ever been.

Week in week out we're facing shambolic decisions, inconsistent mind boggling application of 'rules' and just general circus like behaviour.

Personally, despite it being the 'best' league title race in terms of the closeness for a long time - I still find myself about as disinterested in Scottish football as I can remember being since I started going in the mid 80's.

queensferryjambo
12 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Eduard being absolutely honking gives everyone a chance. Yes it's competitive so far and I think it will be all season 

Celtic persisting with Scott 'long passed his sell by date' Brown is giving others teams a chance. In general since Rodgers has put him back in the Celtic team after injury their results have flagged. 

13 hours ago, El Diez said:

Pity we’re a club supported by nothing more than a bunch of sectarian racists. Otherwise, you might have been able to come and watch it.

Ach well.

Yawn

14 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

8 teams within 8 points.

With rubbish refs.

As much as i would love to smash every team and cruise to the league title i am really enjoying this season for the competition and mystery.

You really can't make a safe prediction on any game at all this season.

For those who love football and aren't miserable ***** who want to do nothing but bitch and moan it is excellent.

If you stand back and appreciate the game for what it is you find yourself watching the magic of football and it is great.

14 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

So a strong rangers returns and Scottish football is thriving? 

:ninja:

That's the SPFL/SFA myth that they have to perpetuate and they are doing everything in their power to ensure it happens. It seems to be working on a few lost souls on here.

Now, don't get me wrong, Peter Haring has been a surprising highlight of this season, and I absolutely love him.  But....

You want a few million quid for a guy we picked up on a free transfer from the Austrian Second Division half a season ago? :lol: 

Peter Harings not a bad player for us but he’s slower than a week in jail. Reached his level at Hearts. Could be a long term custodian for us.

Celtic will be looking at Europe-level players to replace Brown. 

20 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

If Hearts don’t win it, I couldn’t give a **** who does. 

I do.  I don't want any side to win it that's got less or equal budget to us. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
17 hours ago, EIEIO said:

I wonder why that would be though :)

Be nice if we could get the same unit on the pitch for more than 2 games

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, tian447 said:

Now, don't get me wrong, Peter Haring has been a surprising highlight of this season, and I absolutely love him.  But....

You want a few million quid for a guy we picked up on a free transfer from the Austrian Second Division half a season ago? :lol: 

stood out at Murrayfield, anyone who does that is on Celtic's jealous we must buy list. But maybe Livi has bought us more time, for me, Haring is a great footballer and already one of the best in our league

Pasquale for King
18 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

8 teams within 8 points.

Celtic are there for the taking this season, if we get back to our best form it might well be too late for us to benefit.

42 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

stood out at Murrayfield, anyone who does that is on Celtic's jealous we must buy list. But maybe Livi has bought us more time, for me, Haring is a great footballer and already one of the best in our league

Ridiculous. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Peter Harings not a bad player for us but he’s slower than a week in jail. Reached his level at Hearts. Could be a long term custodian for us.

Celtic will be looking at Europe-level players to replace Brown. 

Definitely and he always lets players run off him too. I’m not sure if the Celtic board will sanction a replacement as they have a squad of about 50 players and Macgregor is great in that position.