• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kimosavi

• The Internet

• dazajmbo

5 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Agree but it will blinker the fans into believing they have made a coup when in fact they havent addressed their midfield at all just another flare player alongside mallan, allan and  now gauld they will get bullied all over in this league 

Why would Celtic give them Allan after the whole banjo boy disaster? 

10 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Why would Celtic give them Allan after the whole banjo boy disaster? 

I'd hope they'd tell them to Bolt but Allan can sign a pre contract now for Hibs if he wants theres a love in there...unless anyone offers money for Allan he'll be off to Hibs...wouldn't surprise me if Hibs offered them money to get him off the wage bill now....

3 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

I'd hope they'd tell them to Bolt but Allan can sign a pre contract now for Hibs if he wants theres a love in there...unless anyone offers money for Allan he'll be off to Hibs...wouldn't surprise me if Hibs offered them money to get him off the wage bill now....

Allan would have to agree to say goodbye to his Celtic salary for the next 6 months and that’ll be a hell of a lot more than he’ll get from Hibs. 

16 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Lennon says he’s signing with an option to buy.

They had that with the thumb but wouldn't part with the cash when it came to it. 

1 minute ago, Herbert said:

They had that with the thumb but wouldn't part with the cash when it came to it. 

They had it with Kamberi and did !!

It’s basically a 5 month trial the lad is on. Probably worth the gamble tbf.

Gauld was an excellent No. 10 at D Utd. If we'd been interested I'm sure we would have been frontrunners, especially with Souttar and Levein here.

Where will Hibs play Mallan though, or Allan if they get him? Three No. 10 style players is very different from the McGinn, McGeough, Allan combination. As others say, all decent players (although Mallan hasn't impressed me) but very lightweight. McGinn and McGeough had a bit of bite about them as well as being good technical players.

The Internet

Mallan is genuinely terrible apart from shooting and he hasn't even done that right in about 4 months so I can see Gauld taking his place tbh. 

Remember folk falling over themselves to say what a brilliant move it was for gauld to play in Portugal.  Years later and he's now at hibs :lol:

Why do Scottish players 9/10 fail abroad? 

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, Longshanks said:

Remember folk falling over themselves to say what a brilliant move it was for gauld to play in Portugal.  Years later and he's now at hibs :lol:

I think Paul Lambert is a good example of why. When he went to Dortmund they were so professional that he was stunned, and he realised to stay he had to be the same. I'm not quoting his words exactly there but I think it's still the same and alot of Scottish Players don't work hard enough and end up wasting their big chance

jamboinglasgow
7 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

to be fair to Gauld, Sporting have messed him about while he has been there.

I would say things are changing, David Bates is doing well and settling in at Hamburg while Liam Henderson has been in Italy for a year doing well there. I would include Jack Harper who is one of the best players at Malaga but he had the advantage of being born and raised in Spain.

Pasquale for King
9 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Gauld's not what they need at all

They’ve got a goalie on trial too ??‍♂️

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, red said:

Gutted if it’s true he’s signing for them! We would all be buzzing if he was coming here 

Will be interesting to see how he does and how he’s progressed, Lennon said they might actually sign him but surely they will want more than Hibs can afford.

gorgie rd eh11

We'll soon find out if it's a good signing or not. He's getting the same hype Mallan, Kamberi, Mclaren and Hyndman got and when i've seen them they've been poor. 

Hype is one thing guaranteed with a hibs signing, especially on here.

It's usually preceded with a we should sign whoever it is thread as well. 

Absolute Scenes
14 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

We'll soon find out if it's a good signing or not. He's getting the same hype Mallan, Kamberi, Mclaren and Hyndman got and when i've seen them they've been poor. 

Hype is one thing guaranteed with a hibs signing, especially on here.

It's usually preceded with a we should sign whoever it is thread as well. 

Without a doubt

its Usually a specific poster from calling himself Jambo, from a town near Glasgow....

Absolute Scenes
40 minutes ago, red said:

Gutted if it’s true he’s signing for them! We would all be buzzing if he was coming here 

We don’t need him imo, Naismith is twice the player. 

Not fussed where he goes.

We had the same debate with May going to the sheep.

Fans remember their good days years before more than their recent form.

Sporting have sent him out on loan for years for a reason.

Alex Kintner
2 hours ago, Longshanks said:

Nonsense. Can you even name 9 Scottish players who tried their luck abroad and failed? I could name you five or six who’ve done well which by your calculation would mean 40 odd who’ve failed ?

Edited by To Be Frank

The Internet
1 hour ago, red said:

And he would be promptly written off when it became clear he's not the Scottish Messi as the media hyped him up to be. 

No doubt the boy has ability but, like others have said, he's just another player that's similar to what Hibs already have.

That Hibs team is easily overrun.

Seymour M Hersh
7 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Nonsense. Can you even name 9 Scottish players who tried their luck abroad and failed? I could name you five or six who’ve done well which by your calculation would mean 40 odd who’ve failed ?

I'm struggling to think of 9 who've gone abroad tbh. 

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I'm struggling to think of 9 who've gone abroad tbh. 

Well you've got guys like Murdo MacLeod and Paul Lambert who were successful at Dortmund. Joe Jordan and Graeme Souness in Italy. John Collins and Eric Black in France. Steve Archibald at Barcelona.  Derek Riordan in China?

32 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Well you've got guys like Murdo MacLeod and Paul Lambert who were successful at Dortmund. Joe Jordan and Graeme Souness in Italy. John Collins and Eric Black in France. Steve Archibald at Barcelona.  Derek Riordan in China?

Stokes in Iran ?

Unknown user
10 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Em, Ziggy Gordon? Kind of going blank after that unless we count all the ones that did nothing in England. 

You have to think we simply aint interested in him...

Levein factor and the fact Soapy is one of his besties and goes out to visit him, if we actually wanted him, he would surely choose us over the Hubs...

12 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

to be fair to Gauld, Sporting have messed him about while he has been there.

I would say things are changing, David Bates is doing well and settling in at Hamburg while Liam Henderson has been in Italy for a year doing well there. I would include Jack Harper who is one of the best players at Malaga but he had the advantage of being born and raised in Spain.

Quite a few Scottish players have signed for MLS teams over the last few years with varying levels of success. Johnny Russell has just had a very good season Sporting Kansas City but Danny Wilson has fallen out of favour at Colorado Rapids. Kenny Miler and Kris Boyd were the trailblazers for a move to the USA. I think we will see more players move over there, especially with Sky Sports having picked up the rights and thus increasing the exposure to the UK market.

21 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Quite a few Scottish players have signed for MLS teams over the last few years with varying levels of success. Johnny Russell has just had a very good season Sporting Kansas City but Danny Wilson has fallen out of favour at Colorado Rapids. Kenny Miler and Kris Boyd were the trailblazers for a move to the USA. I think we will see more players move over there, especially with Sky Sports having picked up the rights and thus increasing the exposure to the UK market.

John Spencer went to the States to play at the turn of the century. There are dozens and dozens of Scottish players who’ve moved abroad to play in the last 20 years.

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I thought he was meaning slightly more recent or would you also like to include Law, Jordan and Baker?

Unknown user
2 hours ago, DH1986 said:

John Spencer went to the States to play at the turn of the century. There are dozens and dozens of Scottish players who’ve moved abroad to play in the last 20 years.

I was going to mention him myself, Mo Johnston before him too if memory serves me right

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, Barack said:

Cumface has been linked with an ignominious return, too.

Morgan, Cummings & Gauld. Combined weight of 3 stone.

Flair though, eh...

Lazy thinking all round Cummings. Morgan could easily happen, seems to make sense that one

Seymour M Hersh
On 08/01/2019 at 10:18, DH1986 said:

For significant teams in significant leagues?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Beave1874 said:

Don't think Gauld in their squad for today's friendly. 

Imagine the stitch up.

Get them to take him in.

Learn  everything they have been doing

Pay for him accommodation flights etc

Wait until we are all back in Edinburgh

Welcome to Hearts Ryan

9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

IMG_20190111_123053.jpg

Hanlon and McGregor. Seriously hope they continue to overlook the fact that they are both utter shite. ?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

IMG_20190111_123053.jpg

Feel dirty looking at that. Very strange this has not happened.

Just now, Sir Gio said:

Feel dirty looking at that. Very strange this has not happened.

Portuguese tortuous transfer procedures. 

They have probably asked for a character report on Neil Lennon.

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Portuguese tortuous transfer procedures. 

They have probably asked for a character report on Neil Lennon.

More likely to be questioning Gaulds carer's fitness for the job.

It's weird that this was all suppose to be taken care of and he was likely to turn out for them today. I wonder if he is actually gonna sign for them.

On 08/01/2019 at 08:58, Smithee said:

Em, Ziggy Gordon? Kind of going blank after that unless we count all the ones that did nothing in England. 

Barry Douglas done quite well in Poland if my memory serves me right, then he moved to Wolves. 

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Imagine the stitch up.

Get them to take him in.

Learn  everything they have been doing

Pay for him accommodation flights etc

Wait until we are all back in Edinburgh

Welcome to Hearts Ryan

Even better. 

He signs for them on loan. 

Does well with them, so he's proven himself. 

They think he's staying. 

We buy him in the summer. 

:glorious: