Ryan Gauld ( NHC updated )

dazajmbo

10 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

It's weird that this was all suppose to be taken care of and he was likely to turn out for them today. I wonder if he is actually gonna sign for them.

Maybe doing a Lafferty and telling Hibs he’s coming and then he’ll pop up in Spain and sign for Hearts! That would probably end their club, again.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kimosavi

• The Internet

• dazajmbo

On 08/01/2019 at 12:25, Smithee said:

I was going to mention him myself, Mo Johnston before him too if memory serves me right

Jimmy Johnstone as well

35 minutes ago, Bluesy1874 said:

Barry Douglas done quite well in Poland if my memory serves me right, then he moved to Wolves. 

Moved to Turkey or Greece before wolves. Won trophies in both Poland and turkey/greece

38 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

He’s at the game and already signed on loan with Hibs.

Not according to Brian McLauchlin on BBC.

Edited by Dallas Green

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

He is definitely there, has been all week, he just hasn't signed anything!

Any insight on why? Any of your contacts know anything?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Any insight on why? Any of your contacts know anything?

My contact sheepishly got it very wrong, he was supposed to be in Aberdeen over a week ago :rofl:

I'll be fair to him though, he did get the part of being in Dubai correct

Edited by Sir Gio

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

My contact sheepishly got it very wrong, he was supposed to be in Aberdeen over a week ago :rofl:

I'll be fair to him though, he did get the part of being in Dubai correct

Did they speak to him? 

Tbf your contact is usually pretty spot on so one wrong shout is allowed ?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Did they speak to him? 

Tbf your contact is usually pretty spot on so one wrong shout is allowed ?

Lost his form lately.

The McInnes saga resulted in a visit to the stadium for leaking info that was false. Even though they told him the info :) Work that one out.

As a result the info is more third hand now than 2nd hand. His contact was top notch, but not in the circle of trust any longer. He was absolutely certain however this would happen and it hasn't.

Wonder if another club is doing to the Losers what they did to us when we thought we had agreed a loan for McLaren only for the Losers paying a bigger part of his wages? Hope so.

A good signing for them. Playing for them also reduces any chance of him playing for us. Only players who’ve played for both have usually failed at the first or both.

SpruceBringsteen

I mind folk on here salivating about how fantastic glorified field goal kicker Stevie Mallan is because he scored a quite good goal in 2009.

I'd probably wait and see how Gauld performs before similarly conferring holy office upon the guy, likes. :laugh:

Edited by SpruceBringsteen

Outstanding player at D Utd - Jamie Walker-esque at times - but always worth remembering that Hibs failed to get promoted with Allan and then McGinn in midfield and slid further into relegation trouble and got gubbed by us in the cup final with Griffiths and OConnor scoring for fun for them.

Their problem in recent years, ever since they seemingly abandoned their homegrown "conveyor belt of talent", has been creating a decent team around the one or two very good players they pick up. Lennon is trying to recreate his midfield of last season but Mallan and Gauld seem too similar, and there is no McGeogh-type, plus he has worse striker and defensive options this season. His recruitment style seems to be to splurge on a few name players - Whittaker, Commons, Stokes, Ambrose etc -and hope they carry the rest of the team, while Levein seems to try to get the best quality he can in every position plus a couple of more high profile players in key positions.

46 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

It's going to be interesting to see how good he actually is

This. His loan stats and 'b' team stats are not at all impressive. 

His career has obviously stalled dramatically in comparison to the players he came through with and he was supposed to be the best of the bunch. 

3 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

His career has obviously stalled dramatically in comparison to the players he came through with and he was supposed to be the best of the bunch. 

Correct, his intended career map never included Hibs by 23

1 minute ago, jambogemz said:

Hibs will try to play to his style but I there's a lack of similar quality around him. Allan and McGinn were able to get their confidence back in the Championship with Hibs and pushed on from there (or McGinn did). Since they got promoted they haven't signed a player who's done that. Mallan isn't having nearly the same impact. It will definitely be interesting to see if Gauld still has it and can also hit the ground running mid season here.

46 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Correct, his intended career map never included Hibs by 23

No self respecting ‘footballer’ would have.

File this under we need to wait and see.

No doubt we’d all have been excited were he signing for us and for the boys sake I do hope he does go on and fulfill potential (tho hopefully not at Easter Rd). The bigger more cynical picture however is that a huge move abroad has come to little and he’s taking a considerable step back in his career path to sign for Hubz. 

He joins the likes of James Collins, Ryan McGivern and Islam Feruz in arriving with a big reputation or from a big club. I’ll not lose any sleep til we see what he can actually do. 

Edited by cocobeab

I see that in the press today he is saying that Hibs are a good fit for him due to the style of football they play.

That must mean that he loves standing in midfield while the ball goes flying over his head.

If he thinks they are a team that knocks it about the park on the deck then he is in for some shock in his first game as they hoof it from back to front.

34 minutes ago, kirkierobroy said:

This could be an inspired signing or confirmation that Gauld hasn't developed.

We'll see.

Indeed...he is one that I would have liked to have seen sign for us but I only have the fact that Sporting were prepared to pay an impressive transfer fee for him 5 years ago and the name of his parent club to base that on. That aside he hasn’t actually really played for his parent club and I haven’t seen him kick a ball since he left Scotland...so I have no idea how this one will turn out...

We can be pretty certain that when he left Dundee United his career plan wouldn’t have included Hibs within 5 years...

Don't know if anybody's mentioned it, but the laddie just looks 'hibs'! What a weird looking wee ****er - all rat features, shan hair, shanner facial hair. 

Bazzas right boot
35 minutes ago, andyscott82 said:

Don't know if anybody's mentioned it, but the laddie just looks 'hibs'! What a weird looking wee ****er - all rat features, shan hair, shanner facial hair. 

:arf:

41 minutes ago, andyscott82 said:

He looks like he’s modelling himself of Jamie Walker based on the shite tache and being a skinny drip. 

1 hour ago, JamboGraham said:

Indeed...he is one that I would have liked to have seen sign for us but I only have the fact that Sporting were prepared to pay an impressive transfer fee for him 5 years ago and the name of his parent club to base that on. That aside he hasn’t actually really played for his parent club and I haven’t seen him kick a ball since he left Scotland...so I have no idea how this one will turn out...

We can be pretty certain that when he left Dundee United his career plan wouldn’t have included Hibs within 5 years...

Exactly this.