Ryan Gauld ( NHC updated )

dazajmbo

jamboinglasgow

wont lie, I would be gutted if they get him. But also think they need more physical side to their midfield which Gauld alone wont bring.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kimosavi

• The Internet

• dazajmbo

I’d much rather they sign Gauld than Scott Allan. Not that I think Allan is a better player than Gauld, in fact I think Gauld is the superior player. But for some reason Allan just works at their club.

jamboinglasgow
16 minutes ago, benny said:

Why should you be gutted at them getting Gauld.

When was the last time he played for Dundee Utd.Never been a regular since.

Because I think he is a good player who though had a mixed time at Sporting, has done well when out on loan. Also found him likeable.

On 16/12/2018 at 15:40, Sir Gio said:

Amazing. Look who just crawled back out

Iveseenthelight is alright in my book.

He is a more informed poster than some of the numbskulls on here.

fabienleclerq
3 hours ago, Rousset1 said:

I prefer him to the trolls, we all know who he supports.

We dont know what he is like now but he was good when he left and i would imagine he has developed further.

Whether he cuts it back in the frantic SPFL who knows. 

27 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

We dont know what he is like now but he was good when he left and i would imagine he has developed further.

Whether he cuts it back in the frantic SPFL who knows. 

1 goal and 2 assist and 1 motm last season in 24 appearances was at 2 different clubs on loan,mostly used as a sub.This year he has 2 goals in the 2nd tier and no assists in 11 matches.

Info from the whoscored website.

Seems to be used more as a central midfield player now as well.

As you say though none of us really know what he would be like now though.

2 hours ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Don’t encourage him

This somewhat saddens me. :sad: 

@Jamhammer was merely commenting on the content of my post.

ScottieMac17
31 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

1 goal and 2 assist and 1 motm last season in 24 appearances was at 2 different clubs on loan,mostly used as a sub.This year he has 2 goals in the 2nd tier and no assists in 11 matches.

Info from the whoscored website.

Seems to be used more as a central midfield player now as well.

As you say though none of us really know what he would be like now though.

He will probably have one good game against Dundee or Hamilton, the hobos fans and pundits will claim he is a world beater then he will do nothing again this season, all the while the pundits will tell you he’s a great signing and an amazing ‘hobo’ type player, and that Lennon done amazing to convince him to come back here. 

That’s my prediction. Another McGinn type player who is talked up to be better than he is. 

5 hours ago, Rousset1 said:

Hes a fud that got booted off the Aberdeen forum (if you believe several other Aberdeen orientated posters on here) and lingers about here taking the piss out our managers health. But on ya go.....

As for Gauld he has potential but has apparently been plyinga bit deeper so for the hibs supporters it shouldn’t make any difference to trying to bring in Allan different positions now although both lightweight.

The Internet
3 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

If he goes there he’s sheeite.

If he comes here he’ll be great

Dems the rules 

Other way round for some on here. 

Said it before and i’ll say it again.

Ryan Gauld is completely unproven. 

Aye, he had a good few games at Dundee Utd as a fearless youngster. Since then he’s been pie’d off to some shitty wee clubs about Portugal, shunned by the Scottish u21’s and no one has wanted to sign him. You’d think if he was half decent an English Championship club would have chucked 600k at Sporting for him.. never happened.

Not saying the lad will be utter catfish but he’s being signed on previous reputation.

Hibs have just launched Hyndman, how much did Bournemouth pay for him? And he’s completely pony. 

31 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Said it before and i’ll say it again.

Ryan Gauld is completely unproven. 

Aye, he had a good few games at Dundee Utd as a fearless youngster. Since then he’s been pie’d off to some shitty wee clubs about Portugal, shunned by the Scottish u21’s and no one has wanted to sign him. You’d think if he was half decent an English Championship club would have chucked 600k at Sporting for him.. never happened.

Not saying the lad will be utter catfish but he’s being signed on previous reputation.

Hibs have just launched Hyndman, how much did Bournemouth pay for him? And he’s completely pony. 

Did Wolves not get Patricio for free due to the way Sporting treated players or something so anyone with an offer walked out on them. Therefore nevermind 600k could of got him for 0. But even allowing for wanting to stay after players left he’s still been well down the pecking order. Hopefully he continues to not do well if he joins them but on paper its definately an unproven and risky signing.

6 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Other way round for some on here. 

Now that's a bonzer!

On 04/01/2019 at 17:37, Nucky Thompson said:

The EEN trying to run a hobo feel good story after the loss of Ambrose :D

They have watched him apparently. 

15 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I believe he signed for the shite earlier today.

Never liked him. Powderpuff. Lightweight. Portuguese league is pish etc etc

19 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I believe he signed for the shite earlier today.

It was a fake story and fake Photoshop 

No signed yet

Absolute Scenes

Before folk lose the plot when he does sign for Hibs...is he really that good a signing? Feel like he’s coming into Hibs with a lot of expectation to hit the ground running, but in all seriousness what has he achieved since his “dream” move to Sporting?? IMO him moving to Portugal that young was one of the stupidest things for his career. He had so much promise and had he stayed with united, or within Scotland a few more years, he would have earned a great move that would have worked out well for him. So before folk start screaming and finding another excuse to have a go at levein, there’s clearly a reason we havent gone for him, either because Naismith has agreed to sign for us and is obviously the better player, or we have something else lined up. Either way, we aren’t the team that desperately need better players, Hibs are. So let them go nuts and bring in all the loanees they can’t afford, build up the excitement and false hope within their support of morons. we all remember what happened last time they pumped their team full of loanees. I trust Levein and his judgement on players. HHGH

Edited by Absolute Scenes

manaliveits105

So they will have the new messi the 60 minute messi and the pantomime messi 

hopefully relegation beckons 

FTH

0 -1 

A midfield of Allan, Mallan and Gauld technically is excellent but would be overrun by Hamilton ffs. I'd love us to be in for Gauld because he has excellent potential. Played alongside Naismith it would be superb. He doesn't have a lot of experience for his age. Neither Allan or Gauld have a lot of games under their belts relative to their age and I think experience counts for a lot. 

Going by his videos on YouTube he seems a total luxury, he doesn't score much most of his passes lead to nothing and what I noticed was the players there get loads of time on the ball so his runs go unchallenged until he gets near the box then hes swept aside. I think hes gonna regret a move to hibs, chasing balls shelled up from the  back then booted about wont suit his game, I think Lennon is going for a name to please the fans, They are starting to grumble and signing a 23 year old wonderkid who's not even got into some of the worst Scotland squads in years and floated around the lower leagues in Portugal will shut them up for a few months.If he was at us he would be down with mulraney in the pecking order. If they have a midfield of Allan Mallen Gauld in the next derby we will run over them.

LarrysRightFoot

Played 71mins for Farense in a 3-3 draw today. Looks like they were 3-1 up when he got subbed.

adambraejambo

I know idea how good he is now or if his development has continued or stalled. Hope he does sign. Will test his steel to be in a relegation dog fight. 

Heading out to Dubai to join Hibs in the next couple of days. They also have a young Australian goalie on trial from Tottenham. 

Thought the clause was that a club needed to make a bid. Hibs don't seriously have the sort of money, do they? I'd imagine Sporting would be wanting a seven figure sum plus sell on? 

fabienleclerq

I'll be disappointed if he goes there and does well, with the Levein connection and all. We lack a creative CM imo, unless Levein sees Clare fulfilling this role. 

7 minutes ago, OTT said:

Thought the clause was that a club needed to make a bid. Hibs don't seriously have the sort of money, do they? I'd imagine Sporting would be wanting a seven figure sum plus sell on? 

He will leave on a free no way he is going for 7 figures

10 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

He will leave on a free no way he is going for 7 figures

18 months still to run, surely they'll want to recoup something? 

The Internet
9 hours ago, OTT said:

18 months still to run, surely they'll want to recoup something? 

Probably just want to forget they ever bothered with it tbh. 

Has anyone actually seen this guy play or is it all still on hype? I don’t think he’ll be terrible, but equally he’s done nothing significant in his career so far to date. 

I’m going to take a stab in the dark and say he won’t ever live up to the hype. He’s 23.....he’s currently playing at a poor level and he won’t like the rough and tumble of bottom 6 SPL football.

11 hours ago, Superunknown said:

Not gonna lie, bit gutted he's going to Hibs. Was hopeful he'd end up with us

Think , with the Levein connection , if we had wanted him we would , at least , have tried to get him

Walter Bishop

Heard he was offered to at least 4 SPL clubs. Apparently a condition of his loan deal was starting every game, not sure if that ruled us out or is true. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Chance to take a look at him over the next few months risk free. There will be a market for him in the summer, along with Greg Stewart (again) I suspect.

1 hour ago, johnthomas said:

Think , with the Levein connection , if we had wanted him we would , at least , have tried to get him

If we wanted him he would be at Hearts.

3 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

Heard he was offered to at least 4 SPL clubs. Apparently a condition of his loan deal was starting every game, not sure if that ruled us out or is true. 

Who did you hear that from??

2 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Gauld's not what they need at all

Agree but it will blinker the fans into believing they have made a coup when in fact they havent addressed their midfield at all just another flare player alongside mallan, allan and  now gauld they will get bullied all over in this league