• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kimosavi

• The Internet

• dazajmbo

Find it hard to believe he'd go there, surely he's got better options than the methadome 

I don’t believe he’d go to Hibs if we were interested. If we were interested but haven’t chased hard it would suggest we have an option of what Levein considers to be a better player.

Time will tell.

17 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Allan, mallan and Gauld 

Can they accommodate al 3 though in midfield

Sounds like a firm of Solicitors.

Mr Brightside
44 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Allan, mallan and Gauld 

Can they accommodate al 3 though in midfield

That midfield would be overrun by any team with a bit of fight. You could play one as a number 10 and another wide but would need a ball winner to make it work.

2 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

That midfield would be overrun by any team with a bit of fight. You could play one as a number 10 and another wide but would need a ball winner to make it work.

That's what I'm thinking 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

I never said he was coming to us.

No, you only said it was his birthday!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

Good at home I suspect, terrible on the road

2 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Why all the posts about him? No having a go just curious

Theres always a possibility. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Theres always a possibility. 

Cut to the chase Daz, did you believe we were interested?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

My final memory of Gauld was the U21 international with France a few years back. It was a star studded French team, needs to be taken into account, but for long periods he was simply swept aside.

Got lovely balance, great feet, but does he have the heart and hunger?

Certainly going to be interesting to see him back in Scotland.

17 minutes ago, Boof said:

Could i naïvely ask what's the significance of it being Ryan Gauld's birthday?

Thats why i was curious as to why daz would post such a pointless topic other than to re hint again that he may be coming to us 

If i remember right it wasn't the only hint on here from Daz suggesting Gauld would sign

Think he said Cathro flew to portugal for talks???? Stemmed from that

2 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Thats why i was curious as to why daz would post such a pointless topic other than to re hint again that he may be coming to us 

If i remember right it wasn't the only hint on here from Daz suggesting Gauld would sign

Think he said Cathro flew to portugal for talks???? Stemmed from that

Thats true.

@Sir Gio I think while Levien is at the club we will always be interested.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Thats true.

Cheers Daz, not for the moment it seems to the outsider. Hibs though, didn't see that coming at all.

No.10 type player, not sure where we would play him with Naismith in the team

LarrysRightFoot

For now I would prioritise Adam (if we are seriously interested in him and have a chance of getting him) over Gauld (if we were ever interested in him).

We lack a proper leader with Scottish football experience in midfield like we have at the back (Berra) and up front (Naismith).

With his pedigree Djoum should be dominanting games from the centre of the park but has very very rarely done this.

Adam would give our midfield more control and improve our goal threat from midfield and set pieces. 

Gauld has undoubted talent but would be a risk. It will be interesting to see how he does at Hibs if it happens (his current loan deal is for the season).

Edited by LarrysRightFoot

Jambo 4 Ever
4 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

I had heard last week we had agreed a fee with sporting for him.

how reliable is your source normally?

Great signing for hibs!

GorgieRules22
1 minute ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Great signing for hibs!

He’s not signed for Hibs though.

6 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Great signing for hibs!

?

1 hour ago, dazajmbo said:

Thats true.

You'd think with Levein being here there'd be more chance of swaying him here rather than Hibs 

2 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

You'd think with Levein being here there'd be more chance of swaying him here rather than Hibs 

You would think so, all depends on if we can get rid of a few first.

23 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Any names of players that are on their way out? Surely sammon, amankawa and edawards are going

8 hours ago, franko1874 said:

Find it hard to believe he'd go there, surely he's got better options than the methadome 

Don’t think many will have been exposed to him at the teams he has been playing for. 

Think he done the right thing moving to Portugal initially but doesn’t look like he’s going to be playing for Sporting so maybe a team like hibs is his best chance just now to get himself noticed?  Apart from teams in Scotland and maybe some down south, unless you’ve been scouting those leagues he’ll just have been forgotten about. 

Id love if we took a shot on him, great player when he was breaking through at Utd and matches our policy of signing players who’ve maybe fallen away a wee bit and need a bit of a kick start.   Not to say he’s shite now, I have no idea but it’d be a bit like signing Tony Watt.  There’s a chance of a player who’s shown they can do it before in this league. 

7 minutes ago, Morph said:

Don’t think many will have been exposed to him at the teams he has been playing for. 

Think he done the right thing moving to Portugal initially but doesn’t look like he’s going to be playing for Sporting so maybe a team like hibs is his best chance just now to get himself noticed?  Apart from teams in Scotland and maybe some down south, unless you’ve been scouting those leagues he’ll just have been forgotten about. 

Id love if we took a shot on him, great player when he was breaking through at Utd and matches our policy of signing players who’ve maybe fallen away a wee bit and need a bit of a kick start.   Not to say he’s shite now, I have no idea but it’d be a bit like signing Tony Watt.  There’s a chance of a player who’s shown they can do it before in this league. 

I'd like to bring him in as well, I'd be disappointed if he goes there considering we're a far better option than them and he's worked with Levein before. 

15 minutes ago, the_jailer said:

Tam McManus seems to think it’s a done deal. Good signing for them, hopefully we can put in a last minute bid for him

Tbf mcmanus is full of shit! 

4 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Trying to move some out the door could be challenging 

34 minutes ago, franko1874 said:

I'd like to bring him in as well, I'd be disappointed if he goes there considering we're a far better option than them and he's worked with Levein before. 

Aye it’d be disappointing as apparently we’ve been looking at him for a while.  Cathro was in Portugal when he was the manager trying to convince him to join, although unsure if that was on loan or to sign permanently. 

It could be a case of we just dont have the money right now to bring in another player, as much as he wants him it’s clear hearts aren’t the type of club to become interested in a player just because their rivals are.  Maybe a ploy from Lennon who’s had a look at him and seen he’s shite to get us to go all in for him :laugh:

Clerry Jambo

Don’t understand the clamour for gauld played in lower Portuguese league recently. Charlie for me. Gaffer probably sees Harry as a better option than Gauld 

Arthur Morgan
29 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Don’t understand the clamour for gauld played in lower Portuguese league recently. Charlie for me. Gaffer probably sees Harry as a better option than Gauld 

I agree.

32 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

It's mainly the under cover merchants on here that are saying it's a good signing for Hibs . 

He was decent for Utd a few years ago but in reality nobody knows how his form has progressed . 

portobellojambo1
2 hours ago, thecorrieorphin said:

What's with all the hibs chat ? 

Just a rumour or have the club confirmed an interest ?

It was mentioned on Sky Sports about 18:00 when they were discussing transfer details relating to Scottish sides (was mostly to do with Rangers, in all honesty, but Celtic and Motherwell got a mention and then they said about Hibs and Ryan Gauld).

8 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Why all the posts about him? No having a go just curious

He left it cryptic enough to deny it when it didn't come to pass.

8 hours ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Great signing for hibs!

1. Another question.

2. Are you chuffed?