Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kimosavi

• The Internet

• dazajmbo

maroonnicky63
On 16/12/2018 at 14:29, jbee647 said:

Would not be the answer to our problems

we need players who are not afraid of putting there foot in, players who have heart and desire, not the toothless bunch we have at  this point in time 

but but according to some a few weeks ago this is one of the best hearts teams for years

22 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

but but according to some a few weeks ago this is one of the best hearts teams for years

Do you only support players who used to play for Hearts??

maroonnicky63
2 hours ago, XB52 said:

Do you only support players who used to play for Hearts??

Read back I support all players that play or have played  for Hearts ( except Presley of course )always have done and have taken so much stick for it as many on here will confirm so I don't know where you have been Mr negative, when some come on here spouting utter nonsense after just a few games I point it out.Its a long season and lasts much longer than 10 games as our history shows, or hadn't you noticed ??

12 hours ago, maroonnicky63 said:

The team that started the season on fire was one of the best for years. The current injury ravaged 50% reserves team not so much. Hopefully we see the first team again in Jan.

maroonnicky63
4 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

The team that started the season on fire was one of the best for years. The current injury ravaged 50% reserves team not so much. Hopefully we see the first team again in Jan.

I don't agree at all, I go to the majority of games and in the team that started the season we were fortunate to win in some of them. That is taking nothing away from the team they started very well but they are no where near the best for years. I was one of the very few on here who said at the time when madness broke out that we would get no where near the title and I was called sad because I didn't believe in a pipe dream. Even with all the injured players back we will do very well to finish in the top 4 but we will see. cheers

On 16/12/2018 at 20:28, greig said:

Give it another few days and we could get Jesus and Santa Claus, both quicker and younger than Aaron Hughes!

?made me laugh, thanks.

Guest Paul Allen
37 minutes ago, south morocco said:

Jesus isn’t very good at crosses ?

He's not there to put in crosses mate. Yes he's played second fiddle to Aguero most of this season, but two goals in his last game against Everton suggests he could be coming into great form at the moment.

21 hours ago, maroonnicky63 said:

Read back I support all players that play or have played  for Hearts ( except Presley of course )always have done and have taken so much stick for it as many on here will confirm so I don't know where you have been Mr negative, when some come on here spouting utter nonsense after just a few games I point it out.Its a long season and lasts much longer than 10 games as our history shows, or hadn't you noticed ??

I think you get more stick for your (admirably) blind support of young players who are clearly not good enough. 

For example i remember you chastising me for saying Jordan McGhee was not good enough for hearts and you told me we should have kept him. You also labelled me with that Mr Negative tag for suggesting that. He is barely shining in the worst Falkirk team for years. Perhaps if you were able to acknowledge your opinion isn't always right it might help. 

The Future's Maroon
3 hours ago, Paul Allen said:

He's not there to put in crosses mate. Yes he's played second fiddle to Aguero most of this season, but two goals in his last game against Everton suggests he could be coming into great form at the moment.

Wooooosh ?

Bazzas right boot
On 16/12/2018 at 20:28, greig said:

Give it another few days and we could get Jesus and Santa Claus, both quicker and younger than Aaron Hughes!

Santa is busy atm, although getting round the whole world does suggest he's quick. 

Jesus, although shite at crosses, is a team player, he'd Litterally give his life for the cause, so I've been told. 

Wouldn't be available boxing day v Hamilton tho, has a big party on the 25th.

5 hours ago, Paul Allen said:

He'll be busy this next week or so but I'm sure he'll rise to the occasion around Easter

Edited by Jamie86
Gif didn't load

maroonnicky63
18 hours ago, Dalstonjambo said:

I think you get more stick for your (admirably) blind support of young players who are clearly not good enough. 

For example i remember you chastising me for saying Jordan McGhee was not good enough for hearts and you told me we should have kept him. You also labelled me with that Mr Negative tag for suggesting that. He is barely shining in the worst Falkirk team for years. Perhaps if you were able to acknowledge your opinion isn't always right it might help. 

Jordan McGee is captain at Falkirk and regarded very highly by the club ,there is still no reason why he wont make it ,as far as I am aware he is still only 21/22 and not ready for retirement yet. To have a go at young players on here is disgusting they need time to develop ,look at some of the comments on young Cochrane after the Rangers game, have a go at the more experienced players as they don't take things to heart and could not give a toss what you or anyone else says or thinks.

38 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

Jordan McGee is captain at Falkirk and regarded very highly by the club ,there is still no reason why he wont make it ,as far as I am aware he is still only 21/22 and not ready for retirement yet. To have a go at young players on here is disgusting they need time to develop ,look at some of the comments on young Cochrane after the Rangers game, have a go at the more experienced players as they don't take things to heart and could not give a toss what you or anyone else says or thinks.

To be clear I wasn't having a go at him at the time. Just saying in my opinion he wasn't good enough for Hearts. Which seems to with hindsight be the reality. 

I completely agree that a lot of people on here go completely overboard on criticism. Especially on the young players and that's unfair. 

My point to you was that you seem to be unable to accept that a young player might not be good enough for the club. Stating that is very different from criticising them. And if you were as little more accommodating of the other side of an argument you might get less stick. 

Take the McGhee example. He might be well regarded. But that's at Falkirk who are having their worst season in years. In a league below Hearts. Saying that guy isn't good enough for Hearts isn't being Mr negative. Blindly sticking up for all the young players means that a lot of your otherwise valid points become less valid. 

Your faith in our young players is admirable and I hope they all go on to be stars, as all true fans would, however it's ok to say they might not. 

Edited by Dalstonjambo

maroonnicky63
5 hours ago, Dalstonjambo said:

To be clear I wasn't having a go at him at the time. Just saying in my opinion he wasn't good enough for Hearts. Which seems to with hindsight be the reality. 

I completely agree that a lot of people on here go completely overboard on criticism. Especially on the young players and that's unfair. 

My point to you was that you seem to be unable to accept that a young player might not be good enough for the club. Stating that is very different from criticising them. And if you were as little more accommodating of the other side of an argument you might get less stick. 

Take the McGhee example. He might be well regarded. But that's at Falkirk who are having their worst season in years. In a league below Hearts. Saying that guy isn't good enough for Hearts isn't being Mr negative. Blindly sticking up for all the young players means that a lot of your otherwise valid points become less valid. 

Your faith in our young players is admirable and I hope they all go on to be stars, as all true fans would, however it's ok to say they might not. 

The reason I get shirty is because no matter how knowledgeable you are no one can look at a young player and say he wont make it or he is not good enough ,they very well may develop into a top player which all clubs have found can happen. However you explain yourself very well and yes you are entitled to have an opinion who you think will make it or not and you are no where near as bad as some on here.

We want the same thing , Hearts to do well but I will carry on supporting our young players and if that means me taking stick on here I can live with that. Merry Christmas hope it's a good one for you and your family

8 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Apparently a done deal for Aberdeen next week 

Be interesting to see if he’ll be any better than average or a total flop in this league.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Lightweight but played in a free role dangerous. All the same Aberdeen are a better team with a running style 

Arthur Morgan

Looking at his career since being at Sporting, doesn't look like he's set the world alight. 23 now so not a youngster. I honestly don't think he will amount to much.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought he looked like a fantastic prospect 5 years ago.

He's 23 now, though and hasn't really done anything of note in his career aside from floating around mediocre Portuguese clubs. I don't get the fuss.

queensferryjambo
56 minutes ago, Barack said:

Will help Hibs in their challenge to be a top 6 team, again.

Why would the second best team in Scotland worry about such trivial things like were they finish in the league table?

queensferryjambo
9 minutes ago, jambmoz said:

He’s a good player and a good signing. No point saying otherwise.

Maroon tinted glasses on from me and I am going to say otherwise :)

He is just another Scott Allan hyped up to high heaven but actually does nothing. Talked about as the next Messi for years with not one single thing to back that up - then ends up at Hibs.

A_A wehatethehibs

If he goes to Hibs you would think that’s curtains for his career, surely the boy has more sense than that. 

Abiola Dauda
18 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

Maroon tinted glasses on from me and I am going to say otherwise :)

He is just another Scott Allan hyped up to high heaven but actually does nothing. Talked about as the next Messi for years with not one single thing to back that up - then ends up at Hibs.

Going down the same path as Islam Feruz

On 25/12/2018 at 18:10, Sir Gio said:

Apparently a done deal for Aberdeen next week 

9 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Apparently Hibs closing in on a deal.

Either way if he's coming to Scotland he must be thinking Portugal is no longer the way. 

Needs to push on now. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Out of all the clubs interested, Hibs and their manager would have been my last expectation for him

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Could just be media desperation for a headline. Though Hibs have done well in attracting players these last few years. 

McInnes out bid from Lennon? He was on the local news up here last evening, got 150k burning a hole in his pocket following Stockleys move to Preston, seems Halkett may be off his agenda for now, his defensive injuries have all cleared. Be interesting to see what they both do in this window. Hibs need is greater, suspect they will gamble more

Finlay James

Interesting signing for which ever club he goes to he'll either sink or swim.  He had bags of potential 5 years ago but he's never really pushed on and he should be a Scotland regular by now.    There's no disgrace in not making it at Sporting but I'd have thought that he would be making waves at the clubs he has been on loan at.

I guess his success at a Scottish club will come down to how motivated he is as I can't imagine he's overly keen to come back.

1 hour ago, Abiola Dauda said:

Going down the same path as Islam Feruz

What is that based on?  Never had an ounce of trouble in his career, just turned 23 and has made well over 100 appearances in first team football in Portugal between the top flight and their first division.  Could be a good signing, could be a bad signing, but he's done a hell of a lot more than Islam Feruz in his career.

20 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Decent signing for Hivs with their lack of midfield.

Allan, mallan and Gauld 

Can they accommodate al 3 though in midfield