Sunday football (Hibs v Celtic)

The Internet

1 hour ago, Gershwin said:

What happened to Scott Sinclair? He's awful these days.

In all his time in Scotland two games stick out to me his first and the League Cup Seminthis year

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bridge of Djoum

• The Internet

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

We will get momentum back once our better players come back. 

We went 14 unbeaten before the injuries, have a little faith. 

Hell yeah!!

2 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Who’s not got faith?  When those players are back everyone will have more confidence but it’s still a bit away. 

The reality is in front of you/all of us.

Saying we are struggling and recognising that isn’t being negative, it’s the current scenario.  

There’s no magic formula.  It’s about hard work and bottle until our bigger characters draw us together again but that’s why there are concerns.  

No one is convinced the current players holding the jersey will battle through until the squad is stronger.  It’s up to the players to give the supporters hope again. 

8 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

You speak like I've never experienced it.

I had decades of it, chum. I don't forget what it feels like.

Doesn't seem like it.?

15 minutes ago, magicTs said:

Surely nobody is suggesting that Levein's motley bunch should be mentioned in the same breath as that team? 

It was mentioned earlier Magic ...a "what if" ( we hadn't had the injuries) moment similar to Burley's sacking.

5 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

A massive period of bad weather getting the Aberdeen and Hibs games postponed would be ideal for us. Would much rather play those two games in February or March with the injured players back. Damage limitation until the winter break and then we go again.

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, luckydug said:

Doesn't seem like it.?

I've already said it's probably less raw for me at the moment, given distance. That in no way takes away from the fact I do know what it feels like. 

:thumbs_up:

EastSideJambo
36 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Easy to switch off when you’re thousands of miles away and don’t actually attend matches. Like anything in life some things mean more to some than others. 

Correct. Uber fan nonetheless 

4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

It was mentioned earlier Magic ...a "what if" ( we hadn't had the injuries) moment similar to Burley's sacking.

Someone been enjoying some Christmas drinks methinks. 

Fozzyonthefence
20 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Not sure how to view it tbh. Obviously Celtic dropping points is helpful but there is now a very serious chance of us ending the year as low as 8th unless we get our act together very quickly.

Celtic dropping points is helpful to Rangers.  Not us.  Please stop the title chat, it’s embarrassing.

Jambof3tornado
13 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Correct. The bulk of the league from top to 9th can all get a result off each other.

13 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Young Ryan Porteous for me. Goes in hard and passes well. Great prospect.

Maybe goes in hard but his passing is crap

2 minutes ago, jumpship said:

Celtic great and fan hero who can't buy a victory for h1b5 walks away with a two nil win against Celtic... 

Nothing wrong with that...

It may be timing being off the back of a Euro game but Rodgers always seems to play a weaker side a Fester.  

Only thing he couldn’t do today was play Griffiths who he normally selects and who never plays well against his favourite team :sick:

4 minutes ago, jumpship said:

Celtic great and fan hero who can't buy a victory for h1b5 walks away with a two nil win against Celtic... 

Nothing wrong with that...

it can happen in the "green cuddle club" derby

3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Celtic dropping points is helpful to Rangers.  Not us.  Please stop the title chat, it’s embarrassing.

We're four points off top after a horrendous run of games. Kilmarnock who are top are being lauded as a sensation breath of fresh air and title contenders. We could over January - March put together a run of 10-15 undefeated again. The only embarrassing thing is people falling over themselves to put the boot into our manager and our club.

9 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I've already said it's probably less raw for me at the moment, given distance. That in no way takes away from the fact I do know what it feels like. 

:thumbs_up:

I missed you admitting you cared less cos of the distance. 

You stated if a football result can mean you’re weekend is ruined then you don’t have a fulfilling life. 

Must  have got lost in translation. 

Bridge of Djoum
3 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I missed you admitting you cared less cos of the distance. 

You stated if a football result can mean you’re weekend is ruined then you don’t have a fulfilling life. 

Must  have got lost in translation. 

37 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Doubt you will have a hibs fan nipping your head at the office the morra though.

Now THAT is a good point. 

I get it in the neck via messages, calls, texts and such. But not in the flesh. 

That was my response to Harry Potter, him basically making the same point as you. I admitted he had a point, I said it's worse in the flesh, as clearly illustrated.

You should check your chosen translation method.

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We're four points off top after a horrendous run of games. Kilmarnock who are top are being lauded as a sensation breath of fresh air and title contenders. We could over January - March put together a run of 10-15 undefeated again. The only embarrassing thing is people falling over themselves to put the boot into our manager and our club.

We just got absolutely annihilated the other night against Livingston. The manager, and every **** that played the other night deserve to be slaughtered.

And we might only be 4 points off the top but when I look at our team and how we play football, we might as well be 20 points off the top, we are garbage just now and the result the other night is a very damaging one. 

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We're four points off top after a horrendous run of games.

We’re only 4 points off 8th and played more games than almost everyone in the top 8.  Our form since Murrayfield is very much bottom 6 form. 

William H. Bonney
3 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

Next three games are massive. Defeat to Aberdeen and Hibs, and Levein should go. It just wouldn't be acceptable. 

Defeats to those two are par for the course. 

4 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:
  37 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Doubt you will have a hibs fan nipping your head at the office the morra though.

Now THAT is a good point. 

I get it in the neck via messages, calls, texts and such. But not in the flesh. 

That was my response to Harry Potter, him basically making the same point as you. I admitted he had a point, I said it's worse in the flesh, as clearly illustrated.

You should check your chosen translation method.

Nice one. 

We need to beat Aberdeen, Hamilton and Hibs. Do that and we’re still in the mix. 

If we lose v Aberdeen and Hibs, no chance of top 3 and we might not even finish 4th such are the margins. These next 3 are absolutely critical for us this season. 

Bridge of Djoum
3 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Nice one. 

Need help with anything else?

Edit. Actually that's shite patter from me. Sorry.

Edited by Bridge of Djoum

4 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

We’re only 4 points off 8th and played more games than almost everyone in the top 8.  Our form since Murrayfield is very much bottom 6 form. 

Kilmarnock who are the top have played 18 games the same as us. Rangers have to play Hibs four times and we have three more Old Firms games. Anything could happen. Hopefully Kilmarnock win the league so we can have threads about Steve Clarke on here for the entire summer.

4 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

Defeats to those two are par for the course. 

Doesnt make it any more acceptable. We should not be losing to both. We have spent a lot of money on this squad and should be taking at least something between the two fixtures. 

Bazzas right boot
58 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Christie maybe but Griffiths was just a bench warmer for them this season anyway. 

Aye, bit over a prolonged period it will hurt them. 

Injuries aren't just about that player, it limits the squad rotatation and ability to change things for form/ fatigue etc. 

We of all club know this, playing half knackered players, no forward options  all due to injuries. 

For example if we had DV, ulche or Naismith--Maclean would have been rested/ dropped. 

If that eduardo gets injured or plays shite, having no Griffiths limits them. 

Edited by WeeChuck'sHeed

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

We need to beat Aberdeen, Hamilton and Hibs. Do that and we’re still in the mix. 

If we lose v Aberdeen and Hibs, no chance of top 3 and we might not even finish 4th such are the margins. These next 3 are absolutely critical for us this season. 

Top 3 will not be decided over the next three games. 

3 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

I agree with this, it's been a bit of a crazy season with little to no consistency in terms of results. So many twists and turns to come.

with that said, as I said elsewhere, defeats to Aberdeen and Hibs would be completely unacceptable.

20 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Aye it was me...the comparison isn’t player for player as the 05/06 squad would destroy the current version. My suggestion is that this season represents a significant “what if” in my view. Possibly the most significant since Burley. For example Celtic have lost 3 in 16 this year, in 05/06 they lost 3 all season. This season has the potential to be one of the lowest winning points totals on record. That is the what if...what if we had avoided the injuries and even gone on to pick up half of the available points from the last 8 matches we’d be...well I will leave it up to you work that out.

Not every post is defending this current team, form or manager. Some just make observations...you can relax this isn’t a pro current squad or manager post that you need to get flustered about.

2 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

No it won’t. But if we lose 6 points or more now and the current top 3 manage 6 points or greater before the Winter Break, there is no danger we’re clawing back 9-10 points, no matter how good we play from January onwards. 

It never fails to surprise me that celtic seem to approach hibs games like its a friendly, no effort or urgency. yet against us even if is game dead n buried they keep at it.

that being said hibs were impressive on the counter attack, Celtic ? Never seen so many missed place passes.

im clearly not saying Celtic tried to lose but they had a very lax approach.

getting very tight at the top let’s hope Celtic lose a few more games... especially against us .

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, dode said:

It never fails to surprise me that celtic seem to approach hibs games like its a friendly, no effort or urgency. yet against us even if is game dead n buried they keep at it.

that being said hibs were impressive on the counter attack, Celtic ? Never seen so many missed place passes.

im clearly not saying Celtic tried to lose but they had a very lax approach.

getting very tight at the top let’s hope Celtic lose a few more games... especially against us .

Nothing short of sectarian behavior.

Who’s the boy that was at the back for them? Porteous?  How come he’s slipped through our net?  One game wonder I presume?  Wasn’t the other young guy who set up the goal on trial here too? Celtic where utter pap, that Ncham looked like he had a hangover and Brown is utterly finished.  

1 hour ago, ShedBoy said:

Yep, he had a good game today, like a poor mans souttar. 

He's consistent for a 19yo. Him and Jason Kerr look like great prospects for the national team.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Liverpool - Utd is hilarious. Absolute pandemonium.

It is proper rivalry 

Just now, Inch Hearts said:

Who’s the boy that was at the back for them? Porteous?  How come he’s slipped through our net?  One game wonder I presume?  Wasn’t the other young guy who set up the goal on trial here too? Celtic where utter pap, that Ncham looked like he had a hangover and Brown is utterly finished.  

Agreed he looks a player reminded me of a young  Alan McLaren

16 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Eh? He's always been at hibs.

2 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

It may have escaped your notice but we’re absolute shite at the moment and in worse form than Dundee.  We always shit the bed at ER and have lost our last 5 games there I believe.  I admire your optimism if you think this spineless lot are taking anything at ER on 29th.  I see someone else saying we’ll lose at ER too so I’m certainly not the only one.

Do you think we’ll win every time we go to ER?  You must be regularly disappointed then.

You should change your username bud

30 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

I know Ryan very well and he was born and bred a Hibs fan and has been with them since 15s or something so I have no idea what you are on about.