Philadelphia

Herbert.

I was there for a few days a few years back. It's a nice, lively city with lots to do. I'd recommend the bus tour to start with as it will drop you at all of the important sites. The Museum of Art/Rocky Statue is a must; the view from there is absolutely brilliant. Independence Hall was interesting, and worth a visit, as was the Liberty Bell. 

Edited by Jambos_1874

Bridge of Djoum

Regular visitor to Philly, know it well. Ignore those who've never been yet quote what they've heard in the media years ago. 

Happy to help, drop me a PM if you like.

14 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Regular visitor to Philly, know it well. Ignore those who've never been yet quote what they've heard in the media years ago. 

Happy to help, drop me a PM if you like.

Bruised and battered ?

Bridge of Djoum
3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Bruised and battered ?

Receive me, brother.

It is the city of brotherly love, after all.

The Magic Gardens on South St. is a fun wee sculpture gallery to waste an hour or so in and the Eastern State Penitentiary is really interesting and quite spooky! 

I spent the majority of my day there just wandering about the old historic centre, it's a really walkable city with plenty to look at. The Schuylkill River is good for a wee walk too. 

3 hours ago, Jamboross said:

The Magic Gardens on South St. is a fun wee sculpture gallery to waste an hour or so in and the Eastern State Penitentiary is really interesting and quite spooky! 

I spent the majority of my day there just wandering about the old historic centre, it's a really walkable city with plenty to look at. The Schuylkill River is good for a wee walk too. 

The jail a d the rocky steps is the only reason 8 want to go. I'm in New York for 5 days but I've been before so I've got a day I'm just gonna go elsewhere.

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Herbert said:

The jail a d the rocky steps is the only reason 8 want to go. I'm in New York for 5 days but I've been before so I've got a day I'm just gonna go elsewhere.

Try Newark

Or Trenton.

Edit. Do NOT try Newark or Trenton.

3 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Try Newark

Or Trenton.

Edit. Do NOT try Newark or Trenton.

I got the train from Newark last time and I think it past through one of them. Well it past lots of shitholes I would walk through.

I was brought up there in my younger years until the neighbourhood went downhill. Started getting bullied by a couple of guys and ended up moving into my Aunts in LA. 

Not sure what it's like these days.

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

I was brought up there in my younger years until the neighbourhood went downhill. Started getting bullied by a couple of guys and ended up moving into my Aunts in LA. 

Not sure what it's like these days.

What do you think of the cab drivers in LA?