Bring back one ex player from any era

80bob

adambraejambo

If we mean to start next few games and taking into account all injuries then I'd say Sandy Clark. His knockdowns for Naismith to smash home! We have had better players quality wise but we need someone to battle at the other end and do the ugly stuff well. Could say Kyle but have better fond memories of Clark. 

It should have been ten
26 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

1950's Alfie conn

1960's Jim cruikshank

1970's drew bubsy

1980's robbo

1990's Gary mackay

2000's rudi

2010- now Berra 

Gary Mackay really? We had far better players than him in the 90’s era.

19 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Gary Mackay really? We had far better players than him in the 90’s era.

Who?? 

queensferryjambo
13 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

Who?? 

Better players than Mackay in the 90s?

There were loads off the top of my head in midfield alone Flogel, Salvatori, Cameron and Fulton were all better than Mackay in the 90s.

If you just mean players in any position then Naysmith, Weir, Adam,  McCann etc were all better than Mackay in the 90s.

Mackay's best was in the 1980s.

For me, Robbo. 

I thought of Rudi, Hartley, Niemi, Mickey, Henry Smith, Colquhoun, each of the Terrible Trio and some others but... 

Robbo may have been a striker, however if required I believe he could play anywhere. 

He wasn't just a striker. He was a footballer.

Mccoist couldn't dribble like Robbo. 

Robbo could also take a free kick.. 

Ace of Hearts for a reason and without a doubt. 

luckyBatistuta

John Robertson...we need goals desperately, so why wouldn’t we call on the greatest striker we have had in my 50 years on this planet. A man with an infectious personality that would rub off on other players. A man who is a born finisher. A man that, if you cut him open, he would bleed maroon. A man who would show this squad what it actually means to play for the Heart of Midlothian.

I do like a generation game player question! Think if you saw Dave Mackay or Alex Young play then you are the winner but as a late 40 something the obvious answer is the wee man Robbo. For any number of reasons but mainly because he made those little darting runs in behind that I now realise were exceptional and he was just always in the right areas 99% of the time. The amount of games at Tynie where we sweep balls across the box and no one is there to finish is criminal and he was also a master at scoring an out of the blue goal away from home when we had barely threatened. 

If you look at the best players in the excellent Jefferies team and the Romanov era then when they were employed by Hearts no one would have been worth more money now in the transfer market than a peak of his powers Robbo. 

How about Bednar. Always liked the big guy up front. Had a bit of everything. 

Don't fancy his chances sparring with Budge though ??

Edited by Madjambo21

It should have been ten
7 hours ago, Restonbabe said:

Who?? 

Wait, you were actually serious about Mackay in the 90’s?

There’s too many to mention but Colin Cameron for one.

It should have been ten
7 hours ago, muldoon74 said:

For me, Robbo. 

I thought of Rudi, Hartley, Niemi, Mickey, Henry Smith, Colquhoun, each of the Terrible Trio and some others but... 

Robbo may have been a striker, however if required I believe he could play anywhere. 

He wasn't just a striker. He was a footballer.

Mccoist couldn't dribble like Robbo. 

Robbo could also take a free kick.. 

Ace of Hearts for a reason and without a doubt. 

Spot on. McCoist was a poacher, couldn’t lace Robbo’s boots when it comes to all round footballer. 

6 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

John Robertson...we need goals desperately, so why wouldn’t we call on the greatest striker we have had in my 50 years on this planet. A man with an infectious personality that would rub off on other players. A man who is a born finisher. A man that, if you cut him open, he would bleed maroon. A man who would show this squad what it actually means to play for the Heart of Midlothian.

Excellent post. You’ve summed the wee man up perfectly! 

:robbo:

It should have been ten

For me it would have to be my favourite Hearts player ever - the one and only John Colquhoun :loved:

Edited by It should have been ten

Special Agent Dale Cooper
28 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

For me it would have to be my favourite Hearts player ever - the one and only John Colquhoun :loved:

This.

Or Neil McCann (in his pomp).

Arthur Mann......left back position solved.

Paul Hartley.......midfield solved.

Robbo................striker solved.

Cruikie................keeper solved.

New manager.....position open.

8 hours ago, Jodami said:

I do like a generation game player question! Think if you saw Dave Mackay or Alex Young play then you are the winner...

I did see both of them play (and Willie Bauld and John Cumming) so I suppose I am a winner. There has been nothing to match that late 50s team since then. Of those I would take Dave Mackay whose skill, guts, endeavour and attitude made him a winner wherever he played. (Think Spurs and Derby County and Scotland too). 

Of of the current lot only Berra comes close..