Bring back one ex player from any era

80bob

One? Shit. 

I'm going to say Mickey, an all action dynamo midfielder of his quality would change everything in that team. Defensively he'd be nipping at anything in the middle of the park, no one would get easy time on the ball in midfield when he's patrolling. Attacking, he'd create space by dragging defenders all over, make chances for others and score plenty from late arrivals in the box. I remember well how much worse we looked when he left!

Edited by Smithee

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

One? Shit. 

I'm going to say Mickey, an all action dynamo midfielder of his quality would change everything in that team. Defensively he'd be nipping at anything in the middle of the park, no one would get easy time on the ball in midfield when he's patrolling. Attacking, he'd create space by dragging defenders all over, male chances for others and score plenty from late arrivals in the box. I remember well how much worse we looked when he left!

Tough eh..

i did think about one keeper defender midfielder and striker but 

it’s one player any position..

queensferryjambo

Colin Cameron.

He was everything we lack in midfield now - he had drive was strong, fast, scored goals and a very intelligent player.

5 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

Is the correct answer 

Anyone that says Hartley or Skacel obviously isn't old enough to have seen Robbo. I'm not old enough to have seen Willie Bauld or Dave Mackay.

Edited by Paul Shark

chester copperpot
3 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

Is the correct answer 

Is the only answer.

Although saying that I think we are desperate on a good creative midfielder 

Skippy Doodle

What we have missed in recent defeats to livi, St mirren & killie is a proper def mid. Haring has done a decent job this season but hernia issues clearly affecting him

a brellier, Salvatori type would help in these games

Howdy Doody Jambo

I did see him in a John Cummings  testimonial ,

Dave Mackay  , a local boy also with guts and a winners attitude would drive us on to a higher level

Edited by Old Castle Rock

2 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

Anyone that says Hartley or Skacel obviously isn't old enough to have seen Robbo. I'm not old enough to have seen Willie Bauld. 

I saw plenty of robbo, and his was the first name I started typing. But then I thought we need more of an all rounder so I went for Cameron

EastSideJambo
3 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Is the only answer.

Although saying that I think we are desperate on a good creative midfielder 

Fulton, Cameron and Salvatori (God rest his soul) would also do wonders 

And Skacel 

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I saw plenty of robbo, and his was the first name I started typing. But then I thought we need more of an all rounder so I went for Cameron

Goals are everything Smithee but Colin Cameron would be my second choice.

3 minutes ago, obua said:

Why don’t you go to iPox and watch him.

Not really an option......he barely gets more than a 15 minute sub appearance.

queensferryjambo
4 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

Anyone that says Hartley or Skacel obviously isn't old enough to have seen Robbo. I'm not old enough to have seen Willie Bauld. 

I saw Robertson play in almost every game he played. Robbo might even struggle in our team today due to the lack of chances being created. 

Robbo was lucky enough to play in some decent teams with some great midfielders - in fact there was a point when you would have thought Robbo and Mackay were telepathic. 

Actually thinking about how many skillful and tough tackling midfielders Robbo played with makes me feel pretty sad we don't have any Mackay, Cameron, Salvatori, Fulton, Millar, Black, Jardine (Iain), Berry, Ferguson type players :(

With Robertson we have never truly replaced him - you don't know what you have until it is gone I suppose.

067_324__robbo_1430301247_standard.jpg

Cameron or Skacel. They were the two key players in the two best Hearts teams (1998 and 2006) that I have seen in my time following Hearts. Hartley and McCann were also crucial players in those teams but it was the goals that Cameron and Skacel scored from midfield that made them so crucial to those teams.

12 minutes ago, old school tie said:

Drew Busby would be sent off every week in the modern non-contact sissy football.

Gave the knocks, took the knocks......passionate and physical.........how we miss those traits

24 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

Anyone that says Hartley or Skacel obviously isn't old enough to have seen Robbo. I'm not old enough to have seen Willie Bauld or Dave Mackay.

Agree Dave MacKay although well before my time and never seen him play but what’s said about him and how he’d played and being a winner he  wouldn’t have put up with that shite last night.

Saw plenty of Robbo and he is the obvious choice but where we are lacking creativity bringing back Ricardo fuller would be my bet - would give us a whole lot of flair on the park - can do things with the ball that others can't - so many good players we have had this is difficult to answer 

Can I be greedy and bring back 5 players that I was honoured to witness wearing the famous maroon jersey, Bauld, Wardhaugh. Mackay, Young and Cumming two of them did achieve superstardom in England but the other three were every bit as talented, later years I enjoyed watching Robbo, Rab Prentice, Colin Cameron, Willie Hamilton, Hartley and Skacel but the 1950s was indeed the golden era for Jambos of a certain age group.

Edited by Bauldrick
forgot to include the great Willie Hamilton

4 minutes ago, Bauldrick said:

Can I be greedy and bring back 5 players that I was honoured to witness wearing the famous maroon jersey, Bauld, Wardhaugh. Mackay, Young and Cumming two of them did achieve superstardom in England but the other three were every bit as talented, later years I enjoyed watching Robbo, Rab Prentice, Colin Cameron, Hartley and Skacel but the 1950s was indeed the golden era for Jambos of a certain age group.

Sorry..one player only..I’ve only been going to tynecastle for 28 years so don’t have the benefit and privilege of seeing those you name  from before my time ... for me it’s colin Cameron. Apart from all he done I will always remember May 98. My grandad passed away that year  and I said a little prayer form him right before kick off . The rest is history 

Ok so I'm only allowed one, well it's got to be Dave Mackay he was practically a one man team, probably the greatest player ever to have worn the Hearts jersey since the 1950s, my grandad his era would have been around 1900 probably would have voted for Bobby Walker.

1 hour ago, queensferryjambo said:

Colin Cameron.

He was everything we lack in midfield now - he had drive was strong, fast, scored goals and a very intelligent player.

This