Is bringing only Vanecek in this January a realistic stance

hisnameis

4 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I’ll quite happily provide him with a list of players to bin. 

Might take him a while to get through it, though. 

Will you then provide him with a list of these creative players that are dead Certs to be a success? All within our budget obviously. 

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Phil Dunphy

• EastSideJambo

• stevie1874

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

23 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Will you then provide him with a list of these creative players that are dead Certs to be a success? All within our budget obviously. 

No. Because my job doesn’t involve scouting football players. 

What a strange thing to ask. 

On ‎15‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 20:32, hisnameis said:

Levein has stated he has no plans to strengthen in January other than the previously signed Vanacek. Will  he and the returning, injured players be enough to see us through? Has he spent the budget already or can we offload/sell players to make some room? Fill yer boots

No it isn't in fact it is stupid,very recently  stated we needed Two backup strikers + vanecek that Jambo al guy disagreed wonder if he still does.I am now of the opinion  we also need a vicious brute in the midfield and  getting shot of the crumplers in the team

7 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

No it isn't in fact it is stupid,very recently  stated we needed Two backup strikers + vanecek that Jambo al guy disagreed wonder if he still does.I am now of the opinion  we also need a vicious brute in the midfield and  getting shot of the crumplers in the team

Very kind of you to give me an honourable mention.

I do agree with you about a brute in MF provided he could stay on the field but that's not likely with our shit refs from the west.

2 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

No. Because my job doesn’t involve scouting football players. 

What a strange thing to ask. 

Not strange when you said you had a list of who to get rid off, thought you’d be able share some of your knowledge.

2 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Not strange when you said you had a list of who to get rid off, thought you’d be able share some of your knowledge.

Well yes, I have a list of Hearts players who I'd bin, because I spend my Saturdays watching Hearts.

I didn't think that was a difficult concept to grasp.

2 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Well yes, I have a list of Hearts players who I'd bin, because I spend my Saturdays watching Hearts.

It’s not hard to grasp, I just thought you would offer something positive instead of just the negatives. 

4 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

It’s not hard to grasp, I just thought you would offer something positive instead of just the negatives. 

Why do you need to supply a list of transfer targets when talking about whether or not your current players are good enough?

What a strange caveat to expect.

On 16/12/2018 at 12:19, heartmussel said:

Unpopular but I would take Lee Wallace in a heartbeat.

That's just a sign of how desperate and garbage we've become. Sign experienced players in their 30's to stop the rot, because we are going nowhere fast. A damage limitation exercise to accommodate a very poor and defensive minded manager.

5 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Why do you need to supply a list of transfer targets when talking about whether or not your current players are good enough?

What a strange caveat to expect.

You don’t need, but the thread title does mention about players coming in.

Only thing I would expect from yourself is negatively, which you duly obliged.

13 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

That's just a sign of how desperate and garbage we've become. Sign experienced players in their 30's to stop the rot, because we are going nowhere fast. A damage limitation exercise to accommodate a very poor and defensive minded manager.

Levein won’t sign Wallace. 

10 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Good, we need to move forwards, not backwards. He would probably be a safe bet mind you, but I'm not a fan of signing ex players. Mr Skacel being the exception of course.

25 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

You don’t need, but the thread title does mention about players coming in.

Only thing I would expect from yourself is negatively, which you duly obliged.

It's nice that you look out for my posts, whilst I wasn't aware of your existence before this thread.

11 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

It's nice that you look out for my posts, whilst I wasn't aware of your existence before this thread.

Took you a while to come back with that Big Shot ?

34 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Thank ****.

The last thing we need is more players that cannae run and less pace.

What is our supports obsession with bringing back players from yonks ago?

Captain Canada

I think there's only the possibility to get more in if a few leave. CL said we broke the budget for Clare so we'll need to free up a few wages first which is going to be difficult in January. 

Why would players such as Amankwaa, Mulraney, Sammon and Edwards choose to leave to earn less? 

We will sign a central defender over and above extending the Dunne loan.    Dunne and Dikamona will only just be coming back to fitness by the time matches begin again.    Souttar longer still.     Hughes is no longer an option so it's left to Berra and Smith,   who isn't even a central defender.     

We wont sign another striker over and above Vanecek.    We'll have three strikers with Ikpeazu due back later.    We should cope ok and the funds are needed in defence.

We have strength in numbers in midfield but still haven't found à blend that can cope through adversity.     They may prove more effective once Naismith and a more dynamic striker enter the team.

Any spare funds... central defender only please.

9 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Maybe mentioned elsewhere. Vanecek played the full 90 in his final game. Didn't score in a 2 1 win

Looking forward to seeing him in maroon asap. Just a pity he’s not available for Easter road.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Looking forward to seeing him in maroon asap. Just a pity he’s not available for Easter road.

Just watching the highlights. Missed a sitter and had a header saved from a corner 

1 hour ago, stevie1874 said:

Took you a while to come back with that Big Shot ?

Sorry I'm not sat on Kickback, waiting for you to post. This fandom is a one way street.

6 hours ago, innerjambo said:

Good, we need to move forwards, not backwards. He would probably be a safe bet mind you, but I'm not a fan of signing ex players. Mr Skacel being the exception of course.

What about our captain, no?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
54 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Not being smart but can’t see him. Did he come on as a sub? Just want him wrapped in cotton wool!!!! 

Appears Live Scores may have been mistaken 

10 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

He played on Saturday according to Live Scores app

He posted a picture of his Instagram of the game from the stands so I’m assuming they are wrong! Don’t think he was even in the squad.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
30 minutes ago, Dayman said:

He posted a picture of his Instagram of the game from the stands so I’m assuming they are wrong! Don’t think he was even in the squad.

I will know not to trust Live Scores. Two mistakes this weekend I have noticed, they had Lafferty scoring for Rangers.

13 hours ago, Madjambo21 said:

What about adao.

Is he a free transfer now.

Not the best passer of the ball but would defo improve the battling side of our game. 

Unfortunatlley the referees in Scotland would be all over Adao lost count how many times he played on a yellow before being hooked on 60 mins to save playing with 10 men 

Exactly my kind of player loved how he got stuck right in 

11 hours ago, Jambo54 said:

Is vanecek injured not played last two games?

Would imagine Teplice are preparing for life without Dave or they feel his hearts not in it 

20 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Has Jamie Walker been mentioned yet?

You just have.

could be an interesting window. Can see Levein trying to ship a couple out to make room to bring a couple in. A wide man with pace and ability would be nice. Praying Vanacek scores on his debut and hits the ground running. 

1 minute ago, amadjambo said:

You just have.

could be an interesting window. Can see Levein trying to ship a couple out to make room to bring a couple in. A wide man with pace and ability would be nice. Praying Vanacek scores on his debut and hits the ground running. 

Yes I have ?

If the huns were prepared to release Wallace, I'd take him back.

Bit annoyed Walker could be coming back if Notts is correct. Think his behaviour was atrocious first time round, although I reckon most of that could be laid at the door of his agent. I'd be far more open to taking Walker back if he dumped his agent. I don't want that cretin anywhere near Tynie and perhaps more importantly potentially near any youngsters. I don't want a repeat of the hun debacle again. 

On 17/12/2018 at 18:58, Phil Dunphy said:

Likewise. I’d bin most of our midfield. Probably only keep Djoum but the rest...meh! 

Edited by Saughton Jambo

21 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Likewise. I’d bin most of our midfield. Probably only keep Djoum but the rest...meh! 

Keep Naismith and Haring obviously. Should’ve edited my post before posting 

With Djoum, Vanacek, Uche, Souttar, Dunne & Dikamona all to be added to yesterday’s available players do we really need to be making signings? I’d add one top quality midfielder of Berra / Naismith pedigree (if possible) but other than that think the players we have will go on a good run next year.