Killie back on top

Tommy Brown

well done to Kilmarnock for keeping their form going.

Temporarily back on top until tomorrow most likely.

Sadly though, the supporters are not responding as well as the team. 4,668, even with the arse cheeks not playing today.

Top of the table clash just down the road for high-flying Ayr. 2,080.

c'mon ya shower of miserable Ayrshire bassas, get behind your teams FFS

5 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

When was the last time Rugby Park was sold out or had more than say, 10,000 for a non OF game? 

Fair comment but as the OP states it is a pretty depressing statistic.

EastSideJambo

Where are all those who got their jollies last week with all the "Pep Clarke" pish. A massive GIRFUY chance wasn't passed up by them.  We would be much better off with SC in charge. He won't pitch up and operate under this pantomime we've created 

29 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Sadly though, the supporters are not responding as well as the team. 4,668, even with the arse cheeks not playing today.

To be fair to my Ayrshire pals that’s over 10% of the town on one of the main shopping weekends before Christmas and the weather down here is just horrendous today...

1 minute ago, JamboGraham said:

To be fair to my Ayrshire pals that’s over 10% of the town on one of the main shopping weekends before Christmas and the weather down here is just horrendous today...

Should that not be an extra incentive to go to the game.?

To bounce back after such a poor result last week poor as in they have been excellent recently.Heard snippets of game today always wanting to go forward with pace.Brophy been a good signing from Hamilton (free I think)Throw in Stewart and Jones some pace and goals there.

11 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Shitty little club with Kirk kin Broadfoot -  ffs - their luck will run out

Not luck. Clarke has got them extremely well drilled, although we should have beaten them at Tyne a few weeks ago, Bobby let that howler in.

20 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Thanks for the technical insight - no sign of envy or misguided big team arrogance on show whatsoever. Well done. ? 

Edited by newbie

Decent point about populations Ayr 46k, Kilmarnock 46k, Killie should tap into Irvine 33k.

Another point, Junior football is decently attended in the area.

Looking at prices, only £5 for kids is excellent, certainly doing their best there.

I just have my misty memories of going to both in the 70's, crowds always seemed decent. (I will check London Hearts and find I'm talking bollocks)

Rugby park is a problem with over 17k capacity, low crowds don't generate great match experience.

Plus when the bigots come calling, they generally don't sell the away ends as its l on the live TV.

We hark on here a lot of getting a more competitive league, this season is shaping up great, but the crowds need to come back.

Kilmarnock

ADMISSION | Pay At The Gate will be in operation at this fixture

East / Frank Beattie / Chadwick 

Adults £22 
Concessions (Over 65, Under 21 and Students) £17 
Under 16s £5

Ayr United

Somerset Park
Friday 15th December
3.00pm
Adult £17
Concession £11
Under 18s – £6

1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Say whatever you like, but luck has nothing to do with this, Clarke has totally turned that club around and they have been playing this way for over a year now

He won’t stay there forever and some club is going to get a very good manager 

My biggest fear would be Lennon leaving and Clarke moving to ER

brunoatemyhamster

Steve Clarke is doing an amazing job at a team that doesn't deserve it. 

If they keep going right till the end of the season , how will they decide which three stands to give the old firm in the title decider?

Deserved for about 1000 absolute die hards.

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Steve clarke must be making an absolute ***** of your weekend, ****ing wonderful :yas:

1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

Decent point about populations Ayr 46k, Kilmarnock 46k, Killie should tap into Irvine 33k.

Another point, Junior football is decently attended in the area.

Looking at prices, only £5 for kids is excellent, certainly doing their best there.

I just have my misty memories of going to both in the 70's, crowds always seemed decent. (I will check London Hearts and find I'm talking bollocks)

Rugby park is a problem with over 17k capacity, low crowds don't generate great match experience.

Plus when the bigots come calling, they generally don't sell the away ends as its l on the live TV.

We hark on here a lot of getting a more competitive league, this season is shaping up great, but the crowds need to come back.

Kilmarnock

ADMISSION | Pay At The Gate will be in operation at this fixture

East / Frank Beattie / Chadwick 

Adults £22 
Concessions (Over 65, Under 21 and Students) £17 
Under 16s £5

Ayr United

Somerset Park
Friday 15th December
3.00pm
Adult £17
Concession £11
Under 18s – £6

I want to point out that Ayrshire towns are so inward looking, very few in Irvine support Killie - even in the 60s when Killie had won the league. Sad but true.

so I want to ask the op: when last did hmfc get 100000? ‘‘Tis about as relevant as asking Killie to get 10000

anyway am hoping Ayr get promoted cos it is always a good laugh going there

So a club attracts 10% of the home towns population to a match.

Looking forward to the 45 K at the next game at Tynecastle.

Water that down with the fact a hefty chunk of our support come from east/west/mid lothian and beyond.

Thats a capital city that doesnt give a **** about any of our teams,we are hardly ones to gloat.

28 minutes ago, dc-jambo said:

I want to point out that Ayrshire towns are so inward looking, very few in Irvine support Killie - even in the 60s when Killie had won the league. Sad but true.

so I want to ask the op: when last did hmfc get 100000? ‘‘Tis about as relevant as asking Killie to get 10000

anyway am hoping Ayr get promoted cos it is always a good laugh going there

As I was pointing out, in bygone years Killie have had large crowds when doing well.

There is a decent dormant support there, how do Killie (or Scottish football) get them back along.

If there not bothering to go when the team are a having a great year, why is my question.

They had a very good away support at Tynecastle in the last game, probably their biggest since the Scottish cup tie when a certain Steven Naismith hit a last gasp equalizer.

Steve Clarke has the ability to get the best out of players, outstanding manager and well  done to Killie. You wouldn't see one of his teams roll over and die like we did last night.

3 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Steve Clarke has the ability to get the best out of players, outstanding manager and well  done to Killie. You wouldn't see one of his teams roll over and die like we did last night.

Apart from at Parkhead last week when it was 5-1 going on 10-1?

Congratulating a team on being top of the table is weird imo, but it does show how far Scottish football is from being an equally competitive league the fact that we would actively cheer a side if it came down to someone actually winning it outwith the OF and Hibs. Wish we had a league where 5/6 sides could realistically go at it.

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Getting pumped off Celtic isn't anything to be ashamed about if you're a Scottish team, they are so far ahead of everyone in this league it's a joke. They'll pish the league when they decide they can be arsed, we got bummed 5-0 off them a few weeks ago and we've got a much bigger budget than Killie.

11 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Getting pumped off Celtic isn't anything to be ashamed about if you're a Scottish team, they are so far ahead of everyone in this league it's a joke. They'll pish the league when they decide they can be arsed, we got bummed 5-0 off them a few weeks ago and we've got a much bigger budget than Killie.

Killie don't have the injury problems we have had since the semi final.  The fact is your argument was bollocks - a pumping is a pumping and they got one last week, and were lucky it wasn't double figures.

8 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Killie don't have the injury problems we have had since the semi final.  The fact is your argument was bollocks - a pumping is a pumping and they got one last week, and were lucky it wasn't double figures.

Killie don't have a budget like ours and Killie are top of the league, the fact is since Clarke took over he's done an incredible job, he deserves a massive amount of credit. We are fifth in the league with a minus goal difference and just got horsed 5-0 off Livi.

Just now, RudiHMFC said:

Killie don't have a budget like ours and Killie are top of the league, the fact is since Clarke took over he's done an incredible job, he deserves a massive amount of credit. We are fifth in the league with a minus goal difference and just got horsed 5-0 off Livi.

I don't give a shit about Killie, and I find it curious why you care so much about them.

The budget argument is irrelevant if the core of your team is wiped out by injury.

Despite your attempts at deflection, your argument is still crap - they got a royal pumping last weekend.

9 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

The weather was horrendous yesterday. I wouldn't have put a milk bottle out in that. Even tho I was working in it. So I'd say it's not to bad.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Having lived near Kilmarnock previously, I quite like that junior football is so well supported in Ayrshire...Hurlford Utd, Irvine Meadow etc -brings the towns together. Its a shame that so many support Rangers though but unfortunately bigotry is endemic there.

Edited by Special Agent Dale Cooper

8 hours ago, frankblack said:

That was us on Friday night. I wouldn’t be crowing about Killie getting hammered at parkhead (like we did, remember) when we have just seen one of the worst performances in a generation. 

Edited by Nookie Bear

44 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

That was us on Friday night. I wouldn’t be crowing about Killie getting hammered at parkhead (like we did, remember) when we have just seen one of the worst performances in a generation. 

One of the worst performances in a generation?

:rofl:

Edited by To Be Frank

7 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

“One of”, yes. 

Pound for pound, it was one of the worst, yes. 

Special Agent Dale Cooper
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

“One of”, yes. 

Pound for pound, it was one of the worst, yes. 

Without a doubt. It was abject.

8 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

You don't think it was? It baffles me how any professional football team, let alone ours, can lose FIVE goals in 14mins...and according to the EEN only 5 of those minutes were actual live play. That's the sort of shit that goes on in the playground.

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

If you follow the thread back you will see that the poster I quoted was crowing about how Killie never get hammered under Clarke.  I simply corrected him and pointed to a very recent example.

7 minutes ago, frankblack said:

If you follow the thread back you will see that the poster I quoted was crowing about how Killie never get hammered under Clarke.  I simply corrected him and pointed to a very recent example.

Fair enough :thumb:

ToadKiller Dog

You can't argue against the fact the have done way above what's was expected since Clarke took over, that's some run with out a real dip in form (excusing celtic gubbing). 

The nature of the game is they will hit a drop in form at some point, it's then when you see what your squad is made off (somthing we know all too well)