Perspective

Horatio Caine

Horatio Caine

Before I start - I know; it was Livi who humiliated us last night.  Livi ffs.  However - we're not the first team to be absolutely thrashed this season.  St Johnstone got beat 5 -1 at ibrox and followed that up with a 0-6 HOME defeat to Celtic.  Yes, that was OF matches but, would still have a similar effect on morale and the mood of fans.  Since then they are unbeaten (getting beat at the moment as I write this, mind you!).  They have survived!  We can too.

Killie got routed last week at Parkhead.  I bet they'll bounce back today.   My point is, sometimes it takes a catastrophic result to provide a reality check for a team, and to let them re-calibrate.  We hammered Celtic last season 4-0 when they were supposedly `invincible`.  They got over it.  We'll get over this.  I expect a reaction next weekend ( we all do) but I really think focus and concentration will be restored.

1 minute ago, Horatio Caine said:

Before I start - I know; it was Livi who humiliated us last night.  Livi ffs.  However - we're not the first team to be absolutely thrashed this season.  St Johnstone got beat 5 -1 at ibrox and followed that up with a 0-6 HOME defeat to Celtic.  Yes, that was OF matches but, would still have a similar effect on morale and the mood of fans.  Since then they are unbeaten (getting beat at the moment as I write this, mind you!).  They have survived!  We can too.

Killie got routed last week at Parkhead.  I bet they'll bounce back today.   My point is, sometimes it takes a catastrophic result to provide a reality check for a team, and to let them re-calibrate.  We hammered Celtic last season 4-0 when they were supposedly `invincible`.  They got over it.  We'll get over this.  I expect a reaction next weekend ( we all do) but I really think focus and concentration will be restored.

These words don't help the pain.

All those teams you mentioned at least fought for the game this squad of gutless losers are very well paid and want for absolutely nothing 

Lack any sort of fight or pride in that Jersey and don't seem to care as soon as we lose a goal were beat and rollover 

Thats my issue here 

Always keep the faith OP but that result is almost unforgiving. Only a response at Aberdeen might soften the blow a little.

Defeat I could've took on the chin, say 1 or 2, but no way at all should we be conceding 5  to them. And the fact the players just gave up makes it worse.

EastSideJambo

If it was in isolation I could see it could be seen as a freak. Unfortunately St Mirren remains in recent memory and the performances have been shite since we lost a player who's registered to another club and who's wages are subject to a seven figure benevolent contribution beyond our core income stream 

Jambo diehard

Fair points there, it was a boot in the baws last night, no debate, take away another sketchy ref decision with the red and no ways it 5, that said we were poor for the most part during the 90 so a response against Aberdeen is the least we should expect, I've set mid Jan in my mind to see where we are then, injured players back etc? 

Edited by Jambo diehard

7 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

I was with you up to and including "Livi ffs", I'm sorry the rest simply doesn't wash. I'm dusting down more rouge it's the only way through it just now.

6 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

If it was in isolation I could see it could be seen as a freak. Unfortunately St Mirren remains in recent memory and the performances have been shite since we lost a player who's registered to another club and who's wages are subject to a seven figure benevolent contribution beyond our core income stream 

You're weird ?

EastSideJambo
2 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

You're weird ?

Please tell me what in that post you find incorrect, without the need to personalise 

Many on here resort to it which largely indicates they're out of excuses now for this 

Edited by EastSideJambo

Jambo diehard

EastSide, is it that much for Naismith? I've no idea so it shocked me that, he's worth it but it shows how important he's been before his injury, has there been any  chatter about him staying longer term? 

I’m all for perspective but that was another level last night. 

Getting hammered by the OF is one thing. It happens sometimes and it’s happened my whole life watching us. 

That was something I’ve never seen before. Christophe will be on more than their back 5 put together! 18 months ago almost everyone of livi’s players were part time. Two were playing in the Juniors ffs!

Nelly Terraces

Livi played on Tuesday night. They ****ing steamrollered Hearts last night.

Face it, our manager is a dinosaur & most of our players are just shite. 

EastSideJambo
5 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Getting hammered by the OF is one thing. It happens sometimes and it’s happened my whole life watching us. 

That was something I’ve never seen before. Christophe will be on more than their back 5 put together! 18 months ago almost everyone of livi’s players were part time. Two were playing in the Juniors ffs!

Correct. Embarrassment 

2 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Hardly been mentioned that they ran the sheep close only three days before. Makes that debacle even worse !

EastSideJambo
3 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Perspective. Scott Robinson would walk into our team. Think about that for a minute. Puts things right in perspective.

He really wouldn't.  We're not that bad. Yet 

Perspective. Scott Robinson would walk into our team. Think about that for a minute. Puts things right in perspective.

Let’s see where Scott goes, if anywhere, when his contract is up. 

Just now, EastSideJambo said:

He really wouldn't.  We're not that bad. Yet 

He absolutely would. He came off the bench last night and within 30 seconds carved us wide open with one pass. He’s miles better than Bozanic. We should be able to do much better though.

10 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Scott Pittman moved to Livi 3 1/2 yrs ago from Junior side Bo'ness United ( where he would be on under 100/wk ) Last night he looked better than any in our midfield 

11 minutes ago, Jambo diehard said:

EastSide, is it that much for Naismith? I've no idea so it shocked me that, he's worth it but it shows how important he's been before his injury, has there been any  chatter about him staying longer term? 

He won't come back and confirm that, guess why? He hasn't a feckin clue.

He's taken the facts which are that we got a benefactor donation of £1m to help fund the squad while most of our income goes on infrastructure and has decided that it alll goes to Naismith.

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Let’s see where Scott goes, if anywhere, when his contract is up. 

I’m not saying we should sign him. Far from it. But he’s better than guys like Bozanic. Much better.

12 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Facts. As always NT knows his stuff and tells it like it is. Levein is ineptitude personified and his squad is largely pish. 

Edited by magicTs

He absolutely would. He came off the bench last night and within 30 seconds carved us wide open with one pass. He’s miles better than Bozanic. We should be able to do much better though.

Wow!!

One pass means he would walk into our team?

2 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

I’m not saying we should sign him. Far from it. But he’s better than guys like Bozanic. Much better.

How many times you seen him play recently?

1 minute ago, graygo said:

Wow!!

One pass means he would walk into our team?

Again, not what I’m saying. I used the pass as an example. His performances this season, and at Tynie against us, show me he’s a better player than Bozanic. Bozanic is in our team. I don’t want Robinson anywhere near our team though. ?

No loss of perspective in my opinion. We lost 5 goals in no time at the end of a game to Livingston who should have been feeling heavy legged but realised they were up against nothing. Our form since we beat Dundee has been diabolical but last night plumbed new depths.

Just now, davemclaren said:

How many times you seen him play recently?

In person, twice. On TV another couple, plus highlights. I’ve seen him play well more than I’ve seen Bozanic play well.

Bridge of Djoum
6 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

I know your name says mad but that's ****** mental!

7 minutes ago, Rab WL said:

Scott Pittman moved to Livi 3 1/2 yrs ago from Junior side Bo'ness United ( where he would be on under 100/wk ) Last night he looked better than any in our midfield 

I know. I played against him. And the big lad Hamilton who came on up front for them. He was at Penicuik Athletic

EastSideJambo
6 minutes ago, graygo said:

He won't come back and confirm that, guess why? He hasn't a feckin clue.

He's taken the facts which are that we got a benefactor donation of £1m to help fund the squad while most of our income goes on infrastructure and has decided that it alll goes to Naismith.

Maybe we can get answers on that on Tuesday morning. The reality is our income stream is being supplemented by a million and our manager is so ****ing clueless that it's making little difference 

We'd be as well paying a maximum of a grand a week and sign journeymen because we'd be no worse off and would be able to stockpile some cash in the process 

34 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

That theory is fine if you have the right players with the desire within them to get a grip and fight for everything but I don't think the majority of that team last night have those qualities. Players like Lee, Clare etc are all to pedestrian and most of the time look like they need a boot up the arse to get them motivated.

I really hope they come out and give a good showing away to Aberdeen next week but I just fear that CL will be looking to just not lose. We all know what happens when we try and do that away from home.

It's not just about getting a reaction next week though it's how we carry on from there and our attitude going forward. We don't have a lot of options to change things within our squad.

Just now, EastSideJambo said:

Maybe we can get answers on that on Tuesday morning. The reality is our income stream is being supplemented by a million and our manager is so ****ing clueless that it's making little difference 

We'd be as well paying a maximum of a grand a week and sign journeymen because we'd be no worse off and would be able to stockpile some cash in the process 

Most of that extra million is sitting on the sidelines injured at the moment.

We pretty much are playing with journeymen who will be on a grand a week just now, not going so well is it?

45 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

I’m  guessing you  beleive In Sant Claus too . ?

EastSideJambo
2 minutes ago, graygo said:

Most of that extra million is sitting on the sidelines injured at the moment.

We pretty much are playing with journeymen who will be on a grand a week just now, not going so well is it?

Not going well at all 

avhudtheteeshirt

There is a lot of pant wetting on here again!!

Every team that has played at Livi this season has had it hard!!

Our team injuries just keep on coming, get Berra back, lose Dikamona?

Bad results happen all the time, its just our time again, were no different, its our fans just expect to much!!

Watching the game last night, as soon as the ref showed Bobbi the yellow then red cards, I for one knew there was a red card on the way for us???

You don't expect our team to capitulate the way they did, but against a team like Livi, they are out to make a name for themselves, and they took it in spades!!!!

9 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

Will you be asking those questions on Tuesday?

Perspective - We lose 5-0 away to celtic, majority of fans support the team by saying we cant compete with a team with much larger resources.

We then lose 5-0 to Livingston, who have a fraction of our resources. Yet we still have fans supporting Levein and his signings.

We were outfought, outthought and outplayed by Livingston. The fact that we lost 5 goals late in the game when a man down, does not hide the fact we could have been at least 2 down at halftime.

Levein's body language and demeanour at the pre match interview, said it all. Yes we have injuries but we looked unfit and less organised than Livingston.

Thats what I call Perspective......

The White Cockade

Perspective?

Think Bobby Masterton, Stuart Gauld, Archie White, Brian McNeil, Colin More

but having said that the performances at St Mirren and Livingston have been disgraceful

24 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

Are you going to demand answers from the board? 

12 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Perspective - We lose 5-0 away to celtic, majority of fans support the team by saying we cant compete with a team with much larger resources.

We then lose 5-0 to Livingston, who have a fraction of our resources. Yet we still have fans supporting Levein and his signings.

We were outfought, outthought and outplayed by Livingston. The fact that we lost 5 goals late in the game when a man down, does not hide the fact we could have been at least 2 down at halftime.

Levein's body language and demeanour at the pre match interview, said it all. Yes we have injuries but we looked unfit and less organised than Livingston.

This

EastSideJambo
2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Are you going to demand answers from the board? 

Not sure if I can make it. Not exactly scheduled for those in employment 

I'm sure someone will ask some questions in relation to what's going on. 

Maybe everyone is happy and content. It's Hearts fans after all 

EastSideJambo
12 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Yet some defend him. It's astonishing what some will accept. Unless of course it's just a deliberately contrary stance