Players you would let go in January

Top Corner

1 minute ago, Drumjambo said:

Hughes was pish wi Newcastle a dozen years ago (Bombscare) I don't know what we should expect at 38

felt sorry for him the other night If he could have kept backing off he'd have ended up in Glasgow

He's 39 now and I felt sorry for the poor fans who made the effort to go and watch that rubbish not the players.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Top Corner

• Thomaso

• soonbe110

Bridge of Djoum
12 minutes ago, Drumjambo said:

what's wrong with giving wighton a go ? we signed him for money and clearly Maclean is struggling 

Mind you - Messi would struggle up front for us just now 

Haha. More than likely.

Better times ahead.

16 minutes ago, Drumjambo said:

what's wrong with giving wighton a go ? we signed him for money and clearly Maclean is struggling 

Mind you - Messi would struggle up front for us just now 

We did. At Perth. He ran about like a wee schoolboy and made zero contribution.

9 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

He's 39 now and I felt sorry for the poor fans who made the effort to go and watch that rubbish not the players.

Unfortunately I was one of them - we seem incapable of passing the ball 5 yards It really is poor fair at the mo 

3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Back to my previous theme then of - Just what do we do in training ????

10 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Surely you are not blaming Wighton for his display at Perth? Ball was shelled at him all night with 3 big centre backs all over him and no Hearts player within 20 yards of him. 

Edited by Famous 1874

2 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Surely you are not blaming Wighton for his display at Perth? Ball was shelled at him all night with 3 big centre backs all over him and no Hearts player within 20 yards of him. 

I was at the game - even allowing for the inadequacies around him he looked totally out of place.

Just now, Thomaso said:

I was at the game - even allowing for the inadequacies around him he looked totally out of place.

I was there as well. Did all he could considering the service was absolutely dreadful. Can’t blame him for not holding the ball up when it’s 3 v 1 the whole time. He ran the channels and put in a good shift.

2 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

I was there as well. Did all he could considering the service was absolutely dreadful. Can’t blame him for not holding the ball up when it’s 3 v 1 the whole time. He ran the channels and put in a good shift.

Ran about like a headless chicken more like, and contributed zilch.

He's another lightweight like Gavin Reilly, and will be punted out on loan soon IMO.  God knows why we signed and paid money for him.

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Ran about like a headless chicken more like, and contributed zilch.

He's another lightweight like Gavin Reilly, and will be punted out on loan soon IMO.  God knows why we signed and paid money for him.

Give the guy a chance. Looked really promising prior to a bad injury. Thrust into the team months ahead of the ideal time. Lacking support from a player that can jold the ballup. There was enough in the first half againt Killie to identify some promise.

5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Our budget shouldn’t have to stand  the wasting of millions of pounds. More signings like Berra, Naismith, McLaughlin and Lafferty with less Oshiniwas,Martin, Amankwaa etc. When you sign 18 players and only a handful are good enough you then end up “struggling” when the best ones are missing.

I'll try and spell this out slowly for you.

No club knows how signings will turn out for them, even Man U (Pogba) and it's only after they've been with the club a little while that you get a meaningful indication.  All signings are a risk and no club gets it spot on.  Some players fail because of their attitude (Pogba, Balotelli etc), some because of oersonal circumstances, some because of a change of manager etc etc.  There are many reasons and when you shop in the lower regions of the transfer market, as we have had to do in the last 4.5 years, the risks are even greater.

Pasquale for King
48 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I'll try and spell this out slowly for you.

No club knows how signings will turn out for them, even Man U (Pogba) and it's only after they've been with the club a little while that you get a meaningful indication.  All signings are a risk and no club gets it spot on.  Some players fail because of their attitude (Pogba, Balotelli etc), some because of oersonal circumstances, some because of a change of manager etc etc.  There are many reasons and when you shop in the lower regions of the transfer market, as we have had to do in the last 4.5 years, the risks are even greater.

Blah blah blah don’t you get sick of trolling out the same excuses all the time? No club in this country or any other has taken on 102 players in 4.5 years and had so many duds, risks and gambles. Possibly partly explaining our horrendous injury list season after season. You could barely make a great team out the utter garbage that’s been signed and replaced by more crap. The recruitment has been simply not good enough and we continue to go backwards at a huge cost to the club. 

11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Blah blah blah don’t you get sick of trolling out the same excuses all the time? No club in this country or any other has taken on 102 players in 4.5 years and had so many duds, risks and gambles. Possibly partly explaining our horrendous injury list season after season. You could barely make a great team out the utter garbage that’s been signed and replaced by more crap. The recruitment has been simply not good enough and we continue to go backwards at a huge cost to the club. 

Do you mean "trotting"?

I've explained about signings being a risk and tried to illustrate that applies even with big money clubs like Manu.  What's "an excuse" about that.? It is inevitable that when you start (after admin) with just a handful of players on the books that the 1st thing you must do is build up a decent sized squad.  When you have little money, as we had, you must shop in the lower markets and that necessarily means taking risks eg taking on good players who are available because they have an injury history (Sow, McLean), frees 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Do you mean "trotting"?

I've explained about signings being a risk and tried to illustrate that applies even with big money clubs like Manu.  What's "an excuse" about that.? It is inevitable that when you start (after admin) with just a handful of players on the books that the 1st thing you must do is build up a decent sized squad.  When you have little money, as we had, you must shop in the lower markets and that necessarily means taking risks eg taking on good players who are available because they have an injury history (Sow, McLean), frees 

Yes the old predictive text got me there. What a ridiculous excuse, how come other clubs with less money than us seem to get decent players that aren’t injury prone without recruiting as many as we do? You contradicted yourself there, is it all signings are risky or just the ones that you get when you don’t have money? 

4 hours ago, tcjambo said:

Give the guy a chance. Looked really promising prior to a bad injury. Thrust into the team months ahead of the ideal time. Lacking support from a player that can jold the ballup. There was enough in the first half againt Killie to identify some promise.

You are talking too much sense for here! I agree with you.

4 hours ago, Pheasant Plucker said:

Busting out the old Messi would struggle up front chat. Waiting on Sir Alex would struggle etc. Dire stuff.

They actually believe in what they are saying too

That's the worrying thing

Hows Mulraney avoided being mentioned?  

Another one that hasn't worked out which you can add to the ever growing list of dross 

Sammon

Amankwaa 

Martin 

Edwards 

Clare

Wighton 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes the old predictive text got me there. What a ridiculous excuse, how come other clubs with less money than us seem to get decent players that aren’t injury prone without recruiting as many as we do? You contradicted yourself there, is it all signings are risky or just the ones that you get when you don’t have money? 

I think more than the predictive text got you.

I don't know if you know but we were in admin and left with hardly any players meaning we had to build up a squad with little money and try to build on that incrementally, which has worked well apart from the Cathro experiment.  Other clubs (apart from Rangers) were stable clubs and were also not spending money on a new stand which meant less was available to us for new players.  Consequently, we have had to shop at the lower end of the market and that entails greater risk as to whether players will be a success or not. 

As regards your idiotic statement about getting players who are not injury prone, what can I say?  On the one hand, we have a player, Berra, who barely had an injury in his career and was out for 3-4 months while we have signed players such as Sow and McLean with supposed injury histories and they did fine.

How many players have Rangers signed in the last 4.5 years and how much did they spend to sit top of the league?  Their situation is more of a comparison to ours, apart from the fact they carry a huge debt which we don't.  Maybe you want us to go back into heavy debt and return to the save our Hearts days.

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Hows Mulraney avoided being mentioned?  

Another one that hasn't worked out which you can add to the ever growing list of dross 

Sammon

Amankwaa 

Martin 

Edwards 

Clare

Wighton 

There’s a few others just behind waiting patiently to get on this list .

Pasquale for King
27 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I don't know if you know but we were in admin and left with hardly any players meaning we had to build up a squad with little money and try to build on that incrementally, which has worked well apart from the Cathro experiment.  Other clubs (apart from Rangers) were stable clubs and were also not spending money on a new stand which meant less was available to us for new players.  Consequently, we have had to shop at the lower end of the market and that entails greater risk as to whether players will be a success or not. 

As regards your idiotic statement about getting players who are not injury prone, what can I say?  On the one hand, we have a player, Berra, who barely had an injury in his career and was out for 3-4 months while we have signed players such as Sow and McLean with supposed injury histories and they did fine.

How many players have Rangers signed in the last 4.5 years and how much did they spend to sit top of the league?  Their situation is more of a comparison to ours, apart from the fact they carry a huge debt which we don't.  Maybe you want us to go back into heavy debt and return to the save our Hearts days.

Idiotic statement about being injury prone? You mentioned Berra, he’s had bad one injury in his whole career whereas Naismith for  example has had a few, Sow even more so. Is Berra not less of an injury risk than the other two? Is it too much work for our wonderful scouts to do some research on this?

So we had a threadbare squad so we needed to spunk millions on ONE HUNDRED AND TWO players in 4.5 years? Are you aware we can only play 11 at a time? That’s 9 teams in 4.5 years, that’s two teams a season. Surely if they ever got even a small amount of the recruitment right they wouldn’t need to chop and change so many? We had 19 academy graduates play in the first team last season, the most of many teams anywhere. Then we sign 18 players to block their progress qnd  have the smallest amount of graduates to play in the top flight this season, even with all the injuries, because the ones we need are out on loan in the lower leagues ( the place where goalscoring forwards play but aren’t signed from because they’re  not good enough). Rangers have had about 6 managers who all want they’re own players, we’ve had three.

Edited by Pasquale for King

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Idiotic statement about being injury prone? You mentioned Berra, he’s had bad one injury in his whole career whereas Naismith for  example has had a few, Sow even more so. Is Berra not less of an injury risk than the other two? Is it too much work for our wonderful scouts to do some research on this?

So we had a threadbare squad so we needed to spunk millions on ONE HUNDRED AND TWO players in 4.5 years? Are you aware we can only play 11 at a time? That’s 9 teams in 4.5 years, that’s two teams a season. Surely if they ever got even a small amount of the recruitment right they wouldn’t need to chop and change so many? We had 19 academy graduates play in the first team last season, the most of many teams anywhere. Then we sign 18 players to block their progress qnd  have the smallest amount of graduates to play in the top flight this season, even with all the injuries, because the ones we need are out on loan in the lower leagues ( the place where goalscoring forwards play but aren’t signed from because they’re  not good enough). Rangers have had about 6 managers who all want they’re own players, we’ve had three.

Your 1st paragraph is all over the place.  I assume from what you say we should never have signed Naismith or Sow because our scouts would have done research and concluded they've had too many injuries.

I'll ignore the repetitive rambling in your 2nd paragraph apart from your last sentence where you try to sidestep the Rangers issue.  How many players have Rangers signed and are they in heavy debt compared to us?  A number together with a YES or NO will do.

Pasquale for King
43 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Your 1st paragraph is all over the place.  I assume from what you say we should never have signed Naismith or Sow because our scouts would have done research and concluded they've had too many injuries.

I'll ignore the repetitive rambling in your 2nd paragraph apart from your last sentence where you try to sidestep the Rangers issue.  How many players have Rangers signed and are they in heavy debt compared to us?  A number together with a YES or NO will do.

You’re the one talking about Rangers, go and waste your own time because I only care about us not these *****.You are trying to deflect from our signing of 102 players, two teams a season with your usual questions without ever answering any. Go and annoy someone else, there’s plenty of us who are not happy clappers willing to put up with constant turnover of injury prone garbage who are taking us backward year on year.

6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Seeing as we’re comparing, in that time period, what other club got promoted first time of asking (not Rangers, Hibs or D Utd), what club got 3rd first season back (not Hibs, Rangers matched us I think), what club had as good a home

record as us last season, and what club had a run like we had at the start of this season?

Who scored more goals than us in at leasts two of those years and who conceded fewer in 2 or 3 of those years?

In answer to the question though, I’d ditch amankwaa, martin and sammon now. Overall we’ve had a lot of turnover partly due to out changing circumstances including promtion, growing budgets and 3 changes of manager. Theres always going to be more signings and therefor

more “duds” in a relatively short period. 

Also some huge successes if you’re willing to focus on them, which you’re obviously not for some strange reason. 

Edited by Guest

11 hours ago, tcjambo said:

When has he looked promising?

We shouldn’t be spending £250k on a player that isnt capable of walking straight into the team. I’m sick of hearing about ‘he’s not match fit’ ‘he’s coming back from injury’ ‘he’s not had a pre season’ how about signing players that can strengthen us now. Levein has wasted so much money of late on total garbage and has no accountability whatsoever.

Someone mentioned on another thread that we’ve signed the equivalent to 10 teams in the last 4 seasons! Unbelievable how bad our recruitment has been, all signed off and approved by one man. 

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Seeing as we’re comparing, in that time period, what other club got promoted first time of asking (not Rangers, Hibs or D Utd), what club got 3rd first season back (not Hibs, Rangers matched us I think), what club had as good a home

record as us last season, and what club had a run like we had at the start of this season?

Who scored more goals than us in at leasts two of those years and who conceded fewer in 2 or 3 of those years?

In answer to the question though, I’d ditch amankwaa, martin and sammon now. Overall we’ve had a lot of turnover partly due to out changing circumstances including promtion, growing budgets and 3 changes of manager. Theres always going to be more signings and therefor

more “duds” in a relatively short period. 

Also some huge successes if you’re willing to focus on them, which you’re obviously not for some strange reason. 

Huge successes? A clean sheet record and a decent home record (3 defeats)  that got us 6th place? A great win against Celtic but how many drubbings?How many teams had a worse away record? I must’ve missed that? 3 changes of manager, I must’ve missed that too? It’s either two or 5 if you’re counting the dire contributions of Jon Daly. Since we finished 3rd in our first season back, with no Hibs or Rangers and the 3rd biggest budget in the league, we’ve regressed every year. If we hadn’t started so we’ll this season we would be near the bottom and could be 8th by next Saturday. I’m not feeling very positive about the squad or other aspects of the club just now. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Markymark said:

We shouldn’t be spending £250k on a player that isnt capable of walking straight into the team. I’m sick of hearing about ‘he’s not match fit’ ‘he’s coming back from injury’ ‘he’s not had a pre season’ how about signing players that can strengthen us now. Levein has wasted so much money of late on total garbage and has no accountability whatsoever.

Someone mentioned on another thread that we’ve signed the equivalent to 10 teams in the last 4 seasons! Unbelievable how bad our recruitment has been, all signed off and approved by one man. 

Don’t exaggerate it’s only 9 teams and three subs, 102 players and millions wasted alongside approximately 30 academy graduates in that time. Admits he’s struggling to change our style of play without Uche, but it will be ok when we have everyone fit, like that’s ever happened.

10 hours ago, JamboAl said:

And its nothing to do with recruitment issues? We dont need to go back into debt.... Livingston and killie have a backbone to their team with what us kickbackers would assmume are bang average players.....players on £500 a week who are performing better than our £2000 a week players are. You've just picked rangers to suit your argument because they are in debt.... most of the SPL aren't and have recruited shrewdly. We've had 3 or 4 Windows to get this right led by the mostly the same people and yet every window sign more dross. That's exactly why Levein was given money to bring in 18 new faces so we could cope with an injury crisis yet the back ups have been utter dross there is no backbone to this squad. Look at Livingston they've been largely successfully as everyone of the starting 11 fight tooth and nail for 90 mins and its worked. We can't get 9 mins from this squad. Now its either a coaching or motivation or scouting issue and all three lie at Craig Leveins door

18 hours ago, Drumjambo said:

Back to my previous theme then of - Just what do we do in training ????

Aye, it would be interesting to know how much actual training we do "with the ball" ie set pieces, passing drills and running with the ball.

If it was a Pulis,Warnock or Allardyce in charge at least the set pieces would be spot on to go along with the dire football.

We can't put three passes together going in a forward direction and don't have players who can run at the opposition with much affect, unlike Livingston, so I'm guessing not to much.

13 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Indeed, player recruitment increasing resembles a number of unsuccessful punts by a failed gambler, rather than having much to do with team building, over the period as a whole.

8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

You’re the one talking about Rangers, go and waste your own time because I only care about us not these *****.You are trying to deflect from our signing of 102 players, two teams a season with your usual questions without ever answering any. Go and annoy someone else, there’s plenty of us who are not happy clappers willing to put up with constant turnover of injury prone garbage who are taking us backward year on year.

It's amazing that when you don't agree with the Dismal Jimmies' eternal moans they start to throw their toys out of the pram  Boo hoo hoo.

You claim we have signed 102 players, more than any other club.  I asked about Rangers because I suspect they have signed a figure near or greater than us and like us were reduced to ashes.  They are top of the league now but have gone about rebuilding in a different way by incurring huge debt whereas we are a club about two years from solid stability with no debt.

If you're still at school I can wait for the answer.

Edited by JamboAl

1 hour ago, kimosavi said:

And its nothing to do with recruitment issues? We dont need to go back into debt.... Livingston and killie have a backbone to their team with what us kickbackers would assmume are bang average players.....players on £500 a week who are performing better than our £2000 a week players are. You've just picked rangers to suit your argument because they are in debt.... most of the SPL aren't and have recruited shrewdly. We've had 3 or 4 Windows to get this right led by the mostly the same people and yet every window sign more dross. That's exactly why Levein was given money to bring in 18 new faces so we could cope with an injury crisis yet the back ups have been utter dross there is no backbone to this squad. Look at Livingston they've been largely successfully as everyone of the starting 11 fight tooth and nail for 90 mins and its worked. We can't get 9 mins from this squad. Now its either a coaching or motivation or scouting issue and all three lie at Craig Leveins door

It has everything to do with recruitment but also the fact that while stable clubs only need to look for one or two players each window we have been rebuilding gradually on an incremental basis from virtually scratch.  Whether you like it or not, any team who lose their top 4 or 5 players at the one time will suffer.

5 hours ago, Markymark said:

This in spades for me!!

And the same goes for the £100k we spent on Wighton!!

5 hours ago, Markymark said:

And a woman.

5 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

This in spades for me!!

And the same goes for the £100k we spent on Wighton!!

Uche was signed as a bit of gamble. Someone who started out at a big club but lost their way. Now Levein is suggesting after 10 games in a maroon jersey he built the team round him and that’s why we are f**ked. 

Unbelievable what he’s been allowed to get away and what’s more disappointing is he seemed to get an easy ride at the AGM. It would appear apathy has well and truly set in. No ambition whatsoever and that goes for our fans as well that we just roll over and accept. 

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

It has everything to do with recruitment but also the fact that while stable clubs only need to look for one or two players each window we have been rebuilding gradually on an incremental basis from virtually scratch.  Whether you like it or not, any team who lose their top 4 or 5 players at the one time will suffer.

And who is responsible for recruitment? 

And dont give me the pish about Levein no being involved in previous managers either 

We must've spunked over a million in wages in dross after dross after dross

Who's accountable???????

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

It's amazing that when you don't agree with the Dismal Jimmies' eternal moans they start to throw their toys out of the pram  Boo hoo hoo.

You claim we have signed 102 players, more than any other club.  I asked about Rangers because I suspect they have signed a figure near or greater than us and like us were reduced to ashes.  They are top of the league now but have gone about rebuilding in a different way by incurring huge debt whereas we are a club about two years from solid stability with no debt.

If you're still at school I can wait for the answer.

We’ve signed 102 players, no matter how much you try to get away from it. Maybe you should’ve put more effort in at at school. Now if you’re that interested in the Huns you go and look, its your argument why would I do your homework for you ?.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Jingle Bells said:

Aye, it would be interesting to know how much actual training we do "with the ball" ie set pieces, passing drills and running with the ball.

If it was a Pulis,Warnock or Allardyce in charge at least the set pieces would be spot on to go along with the dire football.

We can't put three passes together going in a forward direction and don't have players who can run at the opposition with much affect, unlike Livingston, so I'm guessing not to much.

I’m sure it’s not much, Monday  easy session alongside video analysis, running Tuesday, off Wednesday, Thursday working on tactics for the weekend, Friday train at the stadium and have lunch with all the staff. Not many afternoons, and as for our free kick specialist coach the less said the better. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Sean Clare will come good

When? What have you seen with your own eyes to make you think that?

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, kimosavi said:

And who is responsible for recruitment? 

And dont give me the pish about Levein no being involved in previous managers either 

We must've spunked over a million in wages in dross after dross after dross

Who's accountable???????

Well over a million when you count it up. Anyone else in any line of work would’ve been sacked by now.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Markymark said:

Uche was signed as a bit of gamble. Someone who started out at a big club but lost their way. Now Levein is suggesting after 10 games in a maroon jersey he built the team round him and that’s why we are f**ked. 

Unbelievable what he’s been allowed to get away and what’s more disappointing is he seemed to get an easy ride at the AGM. It would appear apathy has well and truly set in. No ambition whatsoever and that goes for our fans as well that we just roll over and accept. 

Shareholders are unlikely to ask awkward questions of him, maybe an Q&A with Section N might solve a few problems. 

25 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We’ve signed 102 players, no matter how much you try to get away from it. Maybe you should’ve put more effort in at at school. Now if you’re that interested in the Huns you go and look, its your argument why would I do your homework for you ?.

FFS I am not arguing about how many players we signed and I don't even know if it's 102.  I'm reluctant to take your word for it, however, or anything else for that matter.

You said we have signed more players than other clubs which suggests to me you already know how many players Rangers have signed - or you're slavering out of your rear end as usual.  As it happens I do agree it's likely we have - with the possible exception of Rangers who are in a similar boat to us re admin/liquidation and had to start virtually from scratch.

5 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

When he gets a fair crack of the whip.

Please explain how he's not had a fair crack of the whip? Injuries to key players you say? He needs better players around him you say? Not enough game time? Please explain how long he needs for a fair crack? 

Say Clare signed for Falkirk when does he come good? Does all his talent evaporate then if he doesn't have better players around him? 

How did Andy Robertson make it too Liverpool then? 

Messi would get the ball, dance past 3 players and put the ball in the net. 

That's without a pre season and time to bed into the team!

Our players don't have the willingness to even try that never mind the capability.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

FFS I am not arguing about how many players we signed and I don't even know if it's 102.  I'm reluctant to take your word for it, however, or anything else for that matter.

You said we have signed more players than other clubs which suggests to me you already know how many players Rangers have signed - or you're slavering out of your rear end as usual.  As it happens I do agree it's likely we have - with the possible exception of Rangers who are in a similar boat to us re admin/liquidation and had to start virtually from scratch.

I don’t really think we have started from scratch, we had some great players that helped us win the championship. We then signed 11 players to help us adapt to the top league. In the last three years we have recruited poorly and as a result has to sign 18 players this summer, only a handful are up to it as proved by our form when the better ones weren’t there. It’s a never ending circle, if we keep signing duds who need replaced we won’t get to a place where we are stable and able to add a few quality players each window.

As for the 102 players and how many Rangers have signed that’s up to you to do your homework and disprove, if you can.