• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Top Corner

• Thomaso

• soonbe110

jack D and coke
On 15/12/2018 at 15:47, soonbe110 said:

How do we get rid of any of them short of paying out the rest of their contracts? 

Exactly. Who’s likely to want any of them? We’d have to pay them off there’s little doubt about that. The likes of Amankwaa should be ashamed they’re here showing absolutely nothing and frankly stealing money. 

The scout (is it still John Murray?) who identifies these imposters needs binned also. Anyone with any idea about a player whatsoever would take one look at some of this lot and instantly forget them. 

jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Djoum. Sell him for anything get him off the wage bill. 

He’s out of contract end of the season isn’t he? I’m in two minds about Djoum, he can be very good at times but it’s rare. I appreciate he’s been moved around a lot and also had some bad injuries too so I’d maybe offer him a deal but it would be a year with a year option if he performs or something like that. 3 years and he goes back to that barely noticeable Djoum we’ve seen far too often. 

On ‎15‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 19:18, stuart500 said:

I would have to say we would have had much better cover for injuries if we had not loaned out so many players.

I think Currie and Zanatta would have done better than Clare and Wighton and so I will say loan out the latter 2 and bring back the former. Having Currie and Zanatta to supplement Naismith, Uche, and DV would give us a strong pool up front. 

Not sure about other loan players such as Moore and Henderson. Loan deals up in January so maybe bring them back as backup.

We can't get to this position again of relying on kids, pensioners and semi-cripples when the core of our team is missing. 

Totally agree with you, but I could see Clare refusing to go out on loan, as he gives the impression of thinking he's too good for us.

44 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

He’s out of contract end of the season isn’t he? I’m in two minds about Djoum, he can be very good at times but it’s rare. I appreciate he’s been moved around a lot and also had some bad injuries too so I’d maybe offer him a deal but it would be a year with a year option if he performs or something like that. 3 years and he goes back to that barely noticeable Djoum we’ve seen far too often. 

Is is yeah.  Nah, he's been here long enough.  I had high hopes for him a couple of years ago but now goes down as another overall poor signing. 

10 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Send Mitchell back to Man U. He's been brutal since coming back to us.

He's like a different player.  Looks Colchester level or something. 

Bazzas right boot

Danny- not very good

Mitchell - if we can get another lb

Mulraney/ Edwards - if not in the plans. 

Sammon, Martin are given 

Hughes will leave at the seasons end. 

I'd also release Dikamona at the end of the season. 

Everyone else can and has played a role in the season so far and will again. 

jack D and coke
29 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Totally agree with you, but I could see Clare refusing to go out on loan, as he gives the impression of thinking he's too good for us.

I’ll go out on a limb here Clare isn’t going to make it here. Or anywhere else for that matter. I was surprised to see he’d only played 25 games in his career scoring 3 goals before coming here so what exactly have we based the signing on? That YouTube video in public parks? He was out injured for a spell so unless we’d been keeping tabs on him for a few seasons where he was playing 5/6 games what exactly has somebody seen? 

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Exactly. Who’s likely to want any of them? We’d have to pay them off there’s little doubt about that. The likes of Amankwaa should be ashamed they’re here showing absolutely nothing and frankly stealing money. 

The scout (is it still John Murray?) who identifies these imposters needs binned also. Anyone with any idea about a player whatsoever would take one look at some of this lot and instantly forget them. 

Apparently we've hired another 5 scouts on top of him to bring these bang average players to Tynecastle. 

Really unfortunate the Sean Clare came to us so highly rated because he just isn't really getting proper support from the fans.

He's a young player who's trying to find his way in a new league. The team is also struggling which affects everyone. 

Granted he's not blown me away, but I'm confident he will become an important player for us when we get going again.

5 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Really unfortunate the Sean Clare came to us so highly rated because he just isn't really getting proper support from the fans.

He's a young player who's trying to find his way in a new league. The team is also struggling which affects everyone. 

Granted he's not blown me away, but I'm confident he will become an important player for us when we get going again.

He's 22 the same age as Morelos so hardly a youngster.

26 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Really hope so, but struggling to see it.  Unlike some above, though, I wouldn't be binning him just yet.  Maybe he'll do better in a team with better players in it (Naismith, Uche, etc).

rudi must stay
33 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Clare got plenty of support. I am not to be honest. His instincts are poor, you can blame CL for that, but I don't think he'd be a different player in a different team. 

58 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

He's done nothing, not a single thing to suggest he will come good.  I thought he was going to be brilliant as well.  He will also be picking up a good wage. 

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

He's 22 the same age as Morelos so hardly a youngster.

Never said he was a youngster. 22 is still young. And Morelos is a 22 year old arsehole ;)

14 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Never said he was a youngster. 22 is still young. And Morelos is a 22 year old arsehole ;)

Morelos is as you say is an arsehole but not a bad player as well  and the same age as Clare which is what I was getting at. Clare has been around a bit on loan so should not need too much time to show hopefully.

Pasquale for King
7 hours ago, kirkierobroy said:

If you loan out Wighton, see if Dundee United will take him. That could be fun...

I doubt if Bo’ness United would take that £250k dud on loan.

Seymour M Hersh
On 15/12/2018 at 19:18, stuart500 said:

I would have to say we would have had much better cover for injuries if we had not loaned out so many players.

I think Currie and Zanatta would have done better than Clare and Wighton and so I will say loan out the latter 2 and bring back the former. Having Currie and Zanatta to supplement Naismith, Uche, and DV would give us a strong pool up front. 

Not sure about other loan players such as Moore and Henderson. Loan deals up in January so maybe bring them back as backup.

We can't get to this position again of relying on kids, pensioners and semi-cripples when the core of our team is missing. 

Hindsight is 20/20 vision.I'm sure CL and the other coaches never expected such a crippling injury list at the start of the season. Had these lads stayed their development would have suffered by getting no game time apart from the reserve/development league which can only do so much. They needed game time in a competitive league which is what they are getting. Which should benefit us in the mid to long term.

Seymour M Hersh
6 hours ago, Top Corner said:

Apparently we've hired another 5 scouts on top of him to bring these bang average players to Tynecastle. 

Pity you never applied. You're clearly a scouting genius.

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

On 15/12/2018 at 15:25, Top Corner said:

Not the most positive of threads but i'm finding it hard to be positive about anything on field related at the moment. 

For certain:

Amankwaa,

Hughes

Mulraney

Mclean

Edwards

On thin ice:

Lee

Wighton

Claire

Bozanic

Mitchell

Godinho

I know we won't get rid of them all but that's my thoughts.

Amankwaa - won’t be going anywhere until his contract runs out in the summer.

Hughes - we should offer him a coach role, past it as a player but his influence around the team is underrated. 

Mulraney - would be happy to loan him out for rest of the season and reevaluate after.

McLean - keep him, he wasn’t brought in to play every week and especially not as a lone striker. 

Edwards - already on loan and would probably expect him to leave in the summer. 

As for the rest, we shouldn’t be even contemplating getting rid of any of them. Wighton and Clare have potential and I still believe that will he realised. I don’t get the criticism of Godinho, he played well until his injury and was thrown in too early. 

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, clouston1992 said:

Hughes - we should offer him a coach role, past it as a player but his influence around the team is underrated. 

Mulraney - would be happy to loan him out for rest of the season and reevaluate after.

McLean - keep him, he wasn’t brought in to play every week and especially not as a lone striker. 

As for the rest, we shouldn’t be even contemplating getting rid of any of them. Wighton and Clare have potential and I still believe that will he realised. I don’t get the criticism of Godinho, he played well until his injury and was thrown in too early. 

Mulraney needs games. He can atleast beat a man, Hughes has an influence of 0% and is enjoying the money 

11 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Mulraney needs games. He can atleast beat a man, Hughes has an influence of 0% and is enjoying the money 

At the event last week I think all five players mentioned the influence Hughes has on them in terms of training and professionalism. Agree he is past it on the park but that's not to say he can't help off it. 

2 hours ago, clouston1992 said:

What are you basing that on?  He'd showed the square root of feck-all so far.

I wish I had your optimism, but I fear he's another dud.

8 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I’ll go out on a limb here Clare isn’t going to make it here. Or anywhere else for that matter. I was surprised to see he’d only played 25 games in his career scoring 3 goals before coming here so what exactly have we based the signing on? That YouTube video in public parks? He was out injured for a spell so unless we’d been keeping tabs on him for a few seasons where he was playing 5/6 games what exactly has somebody seen? 

I hadn't realised that he's played so few games.  I assumed by 22, he'd have played closer to 100 and at a Championship level.

Our scout needs shot.

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Hindsight is 20/20 vision.I'm sure CL and the other coaches never expected such a crippling injury list at the start of the season. Had these lads stayed their development would have suffered by getting no game time apart from the reserve/development league which can only do so much. They needed game time in a competitive league which is what they are getting. Which should benefit us in the mid to long term.

Levein said one of the reasons he brought in 18 players was because of the likelihood of injuries and suspensions, we had 40 of our 42 players from last season unavailable at some point due to injury. No need for hindsight. Having players such as Sammon, Martin, Amankwaa,Hughes, Mulraney, Edwards on the wage bill as well as the half million pound projects Clare&Wighton and youngsters out on loan hasn’t helped.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Yoda said:

I hadn't realised that he's played so few games.  I assumed by 22, he'd have played closer to 100 and at a Championship level.

Our scout needs shot.

John Murray is only 2nd to Levein as having the safest job in Scottish football. 102 players in 4.5 years ??‍♂️?.

24 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

John Murray is only 2nd to Levein as having the safest job in Scottish football. 102 players in 4.5 years ??‍♂️?.

It wouldn't worry me if he signed another 102 in the next 4.5 years provided, year on year, the incoming players were an improvement on the outgoing ones, assuming, of course, our budget could stand it.

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

It wouldn't worry me if he signed another 102 in the next 4.5 years provided, year on year, the incoming players were an improvement on the outgoing ones, assuming, of course, our budget could stand it.

So wasting money every season replacing the rubbish they continue to bring in is ok with you? They’ve wasted millions and would be sacked  in any other line of work. They’re not replacing them with better players are they, just more garbage we will struggle to get rid of.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, clouston1992 said:

Hughes should never have been signed at all, have you seen him defend and would you like him to teach our young players to do the same as he does?

Edwarsds signed for two years, so another loan deal next summer whilst we waste more money that could be bettervsoebt elsewhere. Won’t be going anywhere until his contract runs out.

Godhino will be ok if he ever gets over his injuries and gets fit without being rushed and suffering setbacks.

Hughes - Great pro but, sadly not good enough anymore to fill the role he was asked to on Friday

Amankwaa - Have never really seen anything from him to suggest he's good enough or quick

Mitchell back to Man Urd and ask them to give us the Mitchell we had last season instead. Looks a different player. 

If we replaced those three with a solid defender, LB and winger I'd be happy enough. We still need that elusive Cameron/Hartley midfielder though

Wighton and Clare both need this season to settle but COULD be players for us IMO

18 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

Can you explain exactly what that confidence is based on? Is it CL telling us he is a player, SC telling us he is a player, the cooncil park video or something else? Please don't tell me you have seen his "improvement every game" like quite a few on here! 

8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

So wasting money every season replacing the rubbish they continue to bring in is ok with you? They’ve wasted millions and would be sacked  in any other line of work. They’re not replacing them with better players are they, just more garbage we will struggle to get rid of.

Did you see the part where I said: "ASSUMING, OF COURSE,  OUR BUDGET COULD STAND IT"?

If we keep bringing in better players, they will be less and less rubbish, as you describe them.

Unfortunately, we are not yet in a financial position to buy players like Messi or Ronaldo so we must take a chance with signings.  Indeed, as every sensible person knows, all signings are a risk in some way, whether it be ability, fitness, character etc so it is inevitable some will be a waste - except in your fantasy world.

4 hours ago, bobskeldon said:

Can you explain exactly what that confidence is based on? Is it CL telling us he is a player, SC telling us he is a player, the cooncil park video or something else? Please don't tell me you have seen his "improvement every game" like quite a few on here! 

For me I've not seen Clare play in a team that has anything whatsoever up front, we have zero time and space anywhere near the final third as McLean up front on his own barley takes up the attention of one centre half leaving 3 spare defenders at all times. Until we do i'll reserve judgement on him.

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Did you see the part where I said: "ASSUMING, OF COURSE,  OUR BUDGET COULD STAND IT"?

If we keep bringing in better players, they will be less and less rubbish, as you describe them.

Unfortunately, we are not yet in a financial position to buy players like Messi or Ronaldo so we must take a chance with signings.  Indeed, as every sensible person knows, all signings are a risk in some way, whether it be ability, fitness, character etc so it is inevitable some will be a waste - except in your fantasy world.

Our budget shouldn’t have to stand  the wasting of millions of pounds. More signings like Berra, Naismith, McLaughlin and Lafferty with less Oshiniwas,Martin, Amankwaa etc. When you sign 18 players and only a handful are good enough you then end up “struggling” when the best ones are missing.

Really started to believe we had turned a corner squad wise after the amazing start to the season. Since the injuries hit, it has proved that yet again some of the squad players aren't capable of stepping up when required. Of course its understandable that we could never have prepared for all these injuries, we should still expect a good quality member of the squad to step up and replace when needed, especially when paying fees for guys like Clare and Wighton who have contributed minimal to say the least.

Happily see the back of Amankwaa and Hughes.

1 hour ago, Ribble said:

For me I've not seen Clare play in a team that has anything whatsoever up front, we have zero time and space anywhere near the final third as McLean up front on his own barley takes up the attention of one centre half leaving 3 spare defenders at all times. Until we do i'll reserve judgement on him.

Justified optimism............or clutching at straws?

9 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Justified optimism............or clutching at straws?

Neither, just not going to throw someone under the bus without giving them the opportunity to play in a team that is at least semi functional as an attacking threat.

We've seen how ineffective McLean has been since Uche and Naismith got injured, prior to that folk (some not all) were hailing him saying what an intelligent player he was and that he was a great singing, i'll afford both Clare and Wighton the same opportunity before sharpening the crayons.

1 minute ago, Ribble said:

Neither, just not going to throw someone under the bus without giving them the opportunity to play in a team that is at least semi functional as an attacking threat.

We've seen how ineffective McLean has been since Uche and Naismith got injured, prior to that folk (some not all) were hailing him saying what an intelligent player he was and that he was a great singing, i'll afford both Clare and Wighton the same opportunity before sharpening the crayons.

Even in a "semi functional" team I would have expected Clare to show us a couple of flashes of his reputed football ability - a good shot, an incisive pass, a good run - anything! We have seen absolutely nothing from him that would back up your optimism.

As for Wighton he is timid and lightweight, and will soon be out on loan IMO.

On 15/12/2018 at 15:07, Bridge of Djoum said:

But we aren't allowed to blame a downswing in performances on injuries.

Come on, Frank, get with it lad.

I do take the point re injuries but we haven't lost anybody from midfield (Haring apparently carrying an injury) but we have created nothing from here in the last 8 games. Cochrane/Macdonald cant get a game and we're woeful in there I just don't understand why have a large squad if all you do is play the same players 

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Drumjambo said:

I do take the point re injuries but we haven't lost anybody from midfield (Haring apparently carrying an injury) but we have created nothing from here in the last 8 games. Cochrane/Macdonald cant get a game and we're woeful in there I just don't understand why have a large squad if all you do is play the same players 

And with no fit strikers, who would they be creating for?

1 minute ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

And with no fit strikers, who would they be creating for?

what's wrong with giving wighton a go ? we signed him for money and clearly Maclean is struggling 

Mind you - Messi would struggle up front for us just now 

On 17/12/2018 at 12:39, boag1874 said:

Hughes should retire

Amankwaa

Sammon

Martin

Keep the rest

Hughes was pish wi Newcastle a dozen years ago (Bombscare) I don't know what we should expect at 38

felt sorry for him the other night If he could have kept backing off he'd have ended up in Glasgow