Players you would let go in January

Top Corner

8 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

You can't just get rid of them but you can agree a deal for them to leave or tell them they're not in your plans and are free to find a new club. You can tell agents to try and get them a move etc. 

It all depends on how long their contracts are and what sort of money they're on as well. 

Some players like to sit and take the money (Malaury Martin, Oshiniwa) , some players (probably on less money) would prefer to find a new club and get more game time. 

I’ll ask again - how do you ‘get rid of them’. Nothing you have suggested means we free up wages for new players. 

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Top Corner

• Thomaso

• soonbe110

Just now, Top Corner said:

I dunno, I didn't add him to my list purely because he doesn't get a good run in the team. 

Agree, has rarely played, however looked like a little boy lost last night from the first minute. throw ins rotten, distribution rotten, composure nil, not sure he made more than 2 tackles all game.

9 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

You can't just get rid of them but you can agree a deal for them to leave or tell them they're not in your plans and are free to find a new club. You can tell agents to try and get them a move etc. 

It all depends on how long their contracts are and what sort of money they're on as well. 

Some players like to sit and take the money (Malaury Martin, Oshiniwa) , some players (probably on less money) would prefer to find a new club and get more game time. 

Do you mean we should pay up the remaining part of their contracts?  If so, is that a cost-effective way of working?

EastSideJambo
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Post sums you up perfectly. Poor signings are Leveins fault, good signings ‘’we got lucky’  - your words. 

Re 4th season back, maybe if you and your pals hadn’t tried to chase Neilson out we would have a more solid squad core in place. 

I had nothing to do with Neilson moving on mate! He left a very unbalanced squad behind. Two left footed first team members!!! 

We did get lucky with Haring. He wasn't signed to play in midfield. That's been discovered since he arrived 

It's not difficult to criticise when our manager signs players only to show them the door before they've even played a game 

****ing woeful. I know you'll continue to defend him and that's your right. It's OK to disagree without resorting to insults.  You may wish to reflect upon that 

Dunno about get rid off but players I am seriously pissed off with just now . 

Zamal

Hughes 

Mitchell

Djoum

Clare 

Wighton

McClean

Morrison 

Mulramey 

Amankwa 

Expectred so much better from them although Djoum has  been decent in flashes the last few weeks tbf . 

17 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

You could add a number of the loan signings to your list.

Sammon

Martin

Moore

Zanatta

Baur

I think we might keep Irving, Keena and Henderson.

They are mostly on season long loans so won’t be going anywhere in January 

8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I’ll ask again - how do you ‘get rid of them’. Nothing you have suggested means we free up wages for new players. 

This is a thread to pass the time when we're not playing on a Saturday! Nothing we say controls what actually happens so i haven't thought about all the details! lol

But.. I have said that if we can get them a move, then that obviously free's up wages!

Edited by Top Corner

Just now, soonbe110 said:

They are mostly on season long loans so won’t be going anywhere in January 

You can cancel loans. 

7 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

So we got lucky with Haring but not unlucky with some others.  How does that work?

You seem to be an expert on players' salaries.  Do you work for HMRC or are you just spouting sh*te to suit your argument?

All signings are a risk but maybe you could say who you think we should sign that could be guaranteed successes and also let us know their salaries to confirm we can afford them.

He/she never puts their neck on the line by telling us what he/she would do differently. Too easy to sit back and be negative. 

1 hour ago, Top Corner said:

Not the most positive of threads but i'm finding it hard to be positive about anything on field related at the moment. 

For certain:

Amankwaa,

Hughes

Mulraney

Mclean

Edwards

On thin ice:

Lee

Wighton

Claire

Bozanic

Mitchell

Godinho

I know we won't get rid of them all but that's my thoughts.

And Bobby he is simply not good enough and has been costing us since Murrayfield 

18 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

Definitely Keep Keena. 

I'd also of recalled Zanatta and dare i say it... Sammon after Naismith and Uche got injured. Not sure if that was possible though. 

It wasn’t. 

8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

End of the season is May not January. Loan deals involve contracts. Usually only injury can cancel them. Just saying 

The original post never mentioned a timescale just players names. I was merely pointing out that some contracts are due to end sooner rather than later.

I also know when the season finishes and that loan deals involve contracts. Contracts can be changed or extended of course with the agreement of the clubs and players just like we could well be doing with Jimmy Dunne.

Edited by wavydavy

We need to spend money this January too improve or we will finish bottom 6

would go for 

Cadden (Pre Contract)

Pittman

Kamara (Pre Contract)

Halkett

Milinkovic Loan

Shankland

Kerr St Johnstone

6 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

I had nothing to do with Neilson moving on mate! He left a very unbalanced squad behind. Two left footed first team members!!! 

We did get lucky with Haring. He wasn't signed to play in midfield. That's been discovered since he arrived 

It's not difficult to criticise when our manager signs players only to show them the door before they've even played a game 

****ing woeful. I know you'll continue to defend him and that's your right. It's OK to disagree without resorting to insults.  You may wish to reflect upon that 

No insults in my post

2 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

We need to spend money this January too improve or we will finish bottom 6

would go for 

Cadden (Pre Contract)

Pittman

Kamara (Pre Contract)

Halkett

Milinkovic Loan

Shankland

Kerr St Johnstone

This could warrant a whole new thread but i wouldn't be trusting Levein in spending any money. 

How much did we pay for Wighton?

5 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

You can cancel loans. 

You can, if both clubs agree, but the player can’t play again for his parent Club until the next window opens. If we want Sammon back in Jan Motherwell will be looking for comp, as an example. 

6 minutes ago, Gnjambo16 said:

And Bobby he is simply not good enough and has been costing us since Murrayfield 

Before then. He has been creating confusion and uncertainty  at the back all season. In his favour some great shot-stopping from him 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Before then. He has been creating confusion and uncertainty  at the back all season. In his favour some great shot-stopping from him 

Are there any goalies who are not “great shot stoppers “

6 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

The original post never mentioned a timescale just players names. I was merely pointing out that some contracts are due to end sooner rather than later.

I also know when the season finishes and that loan deals involve contracts. Contracts can be changed or extended of course with the agreement of the clubs and players just like we could well be doing with Jimmy Dunne.

I thought the thread title was ‘Players you would let go in January’ 

Bridge of Djoum
4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

No insults in my post

He's playing his victim card. Another well kent poster used to play that same card until he was emptied/started a new account/suddenly stopped posting SO prolifically for so long.

3 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

He's playing his victim card. Another well kent poster used to play that same card until he was emptied/started a new account/suddenly stopped posting SO prolifically for so long.

You will be in trouble now as well!! 

EastSideJambo
13 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He/she never puts their neck on the line by telling us what he/she would do differently. Too easy to sit back and be negative. 

Simple - I wouldn't have signed the shite he has in the first place. Why the **** did he sign Ryan Edwards? More of the clubs money wasted. But hey ho - it's only fan money and there is an endless supply of that as we know 

6 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Why are you even here?

We're all 14, bugger off. 

1 minute ago, EastSideJambo said:

Simple - I wouldn't have signed the shite he has in the first place. Why the **** did he sign Ryan Edwards? More of the clubs money wasted. But hey ho - it's only fan money and there is an endless supply of that as we know 

Who would you sign now to improve things? 

EastSideJambo
8 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

No victim card here bud. I know you like that line. Just suggesting people desist with personal insults. Surely you'd be in agreement with such sentiment 

Of course some people prefer to be snide from the sidelines. Not you of course ?

16 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

This could warrant a whole new thread but i wouldn't be trusting Levein in spending any money. 

How much did we pay for Wighton?

reported as £250k

13 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I thought the thread title was ‘Players you would let go in January’ 

Sorry never noticed that just read his post not the thread title.

siegementality

Craig Levein will put himself under huge pressure if - as reported - he thinks that we do not need strengthen (by more than the arrival of Vanecek) in January.  If he really believes this, he is seriously deluded.

What did we get for Lafferty?

That was Lafferty money we used.

I know he's a lazy ******* and only turned up in big games but he's still 5 times the player Wighton is. 

Edited by Top Corner

No need to debate the point just buy the 2019 Hearts Calendar it will provide all the certainty you need as to which players will be here next year.

I'd honestly rather have Jaunma than Wighton

Infact, i'd rather have Juanma than Mclean

Infact i'd rather have Goncalves than Juanma and Mclean and wighton

What's going on here?

Progress?

Edited by Top Corner

EastSideJambo
2 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

What's going on here?

Progress?

Juanma and Goncalves are better than what we've got 

3 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

I know, so is sow and that tall skinny fella that went to holland lol 

Piss take. 

Edited by Top Corner

I think the best we can hope for in January is to maybe move a couple on, Djoum and Amankwa maybe, and get a wimger with a bit of pace in, maybe someone on loan.

2 hours ago, OTT said:

Really need to question where the **** Mulraney is, was trusted against celtic then disappears?? Offers good pace and could be useful when the other team start to get leggy. Would love an explanation on this..

I don't think Hughes has anymore to offer. I'd rather we went out and found an 18 year old that was getting his game at a lower level. 

Mclean is pissing me off. A ****ing statue if i've ever saw one. Reckon Nade could put in more of a shift.

Djoum has the heart of a mouse and to my mind offers very little in tough games. This was the sort of game we needed him to get on the ball and drive through the middle. He seems to hide when we need him most.

We need an attacking midfielder with character. If we could get another player with Naismiths sort of attitude that would be excellent. 

I just want to put in a good word for McLean.. 

he was brought in as a reserve striker.. someone with a decent background who could help our younger players progress and look at how a proper professional lives their life..

Did we realise we were going to lose Lafferty and then Uche to a long term injury.. No.. But he is plugging away the best he can.. Will we see him again once everyone is fit? Rarely. I thank him for his service.. Nobody is benefiting from what is happening with him now but he is trying his best.. He's old but leading the line 3 times a week.. again i thank him..

18 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

What's going on here?

Progress?

Juanma was a great goalscorer who was ruined by  Neilson.. 

We should have kept  him and binned Neilson sooner.. 

As I said at the time.

1 hour ago, EastSideJambo said:

Simply untrue, the management team knew he could play in midfield, he'd done it plenty in Austria. His ability to play in multiple positions was one of the attractions of signing him

Edited by Smithee

1 hour ago, RussAsia said:

Juanma was a great goalscorer who was ruined by  Neilson.. 

We should have kept  him and binned Neilson sooner.. 

As I said at the time.

Agreed.  I liked Juanma.  He could be frustrating as he was very lazy at times but at least he was always in the 6 yard box.  Right now we don't seem to play with a striker.

1 hour ago, EastSideJambo said:

We would kill for a front line of Juanma and Goncalves right now. 

EastSideJambo
3 minutes ago, Ministry MK2 said:

We would kill for a front line of Juanma and Goncalves right now. 

Yip. A sign of the ever evident regression 

I would have to say we would have had much better cover for injuries if we had not loaned out so many players.

I think Currie and Zanatta would have done better than Clare and Wighton and so I will say loan out the latter 2 and bring back the former. Having Currie and Zanatta to supplement Naismith, Uche, and DV would give us a strong pool up front. 

Not sure about other loan players such as Moore and Henderson. Loan deals up in January so maybe bring them back as backup.

We can't get to this position again of relying on kids, pensioners and semi-cripples when the core of our team is missing.