Players you would let go in January

Top Corner

Pasquale for King
22 hours ago, Drumjambo said:

Hughes was pish wi Newcastle a dozen years ago (Bombscare) I don't know what we should expect at 38

felt sorry for him the other night If he could have kept backing off he'd have ended up in Glasgow

Yes he was but he’s got all these caps for a team with 32 professional players (Macphee said that) so he must be great ??‍♂️. He should never have been signed as he was playing in the Indian league, I also wouldn’t want him coaching our young defenders to play as he did.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Top Corner

• Thomaso

• soonbe110

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Jingle Bells said:

Indeed, player recruitment increasing resembles a number of unsuccessful punts by a failed gambler, rather than having much to do with team building, over the period as a whole.

It’s scary how many were poor compared to a success, maybe one in ten?

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes he was but he’s got all these caps for a team with 32 professional players (Macphee said that) so he must be great ??‍♂️. He should never have been signed as he was playing in the Indian league, I also wouldn’t want him coaching our young defenders to play as he did.

The type of players we should be wanting to sign with a view to coaching at the end of their careers are guys like Naismith. He constantly speaks and guides players throughout games unlike Hughes who never seems to even speak to anyone let alone coach.

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, kimosavi said:

And its nothing to do with recruitment issues? We dont need to go back into debt.... Livingston and killie have a backbone to their team with what us kickbackers would assmume are bang average players.....players on £500 a week who are performing better than our £2000 a week players are. You've just picked rangers to suit your argument because they are in debt.... most of the SPL aren't and have recruited shrewdly. We've had 3 or 4 Windows to get this right led by the mostly the same people and yet every window sign more dross. That's exactly why Levein was given money to bring in 18 new faces so we could cope with an injury crisis yet the back ups have been utter dross there is no backbone to this squad. Look at Livingston they've been largely successfully as everyone of the starting 11 fight tooth and nail for 90 mins and its worked. We can't get 9 mins from this squad. Now its either a coaching or motivation or scouting issue and all three lie at Craig Leveins door

Well said, now you will be accused of hating Levein and talking out your arse. 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

The type of players we should be wanting to sign with a view to coaching at the end of their careers are guys like Naismith. He constantly speaks and guides players throughout games unlike Hughes who never seems to even speak to anyone let alone coach.

Indeed he rarely talks. I would be offering Naismith everything he wants, money/coaching/head coach . Even last season when he’s not playing well he’s getting the best out of others, we’ve missed him more than anyone.

14 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t really think we have started from scratch, we had some great players that helped us win the championship. We then signed 11 players to help us adapt to the top league. In the last three years we have recruited poorly and as a result has to sign 18 players this summer, only a handful are up to it as proved by our form when the better ones weren’t there. It’s a never ending circle, if we keep signing duds who need replaced we won’t get to a place where we are stable and able to add a few quality players each window.

As for the 102 players and how many Rangers have signed that’s up to you to do your homework and disprove, if you can.

I repeat - you have said we have signed more players than anyone else. I fyou don't know how many Rangers have signed you're simply taking a wild guess which is characteristic.

On the other hand if you're making a statement of fact, what is the fact?

Quite simple really.

20 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Please explain how he's not had a fair crack of the whip? Injuries to key players you say? He needs better players around him you say? Not enough game time? Please explain how long he needs for a fair crack? 

Say Clare signed for Falkirk when does he come good? Does all his talent evaporate then if he doesn't have better players around him? 

How did Andy Robertson make it too Liverpool then? 

What are you banging on about?just back from leg injury/Op.Playing bit part in a different league.In a squad depleted with best players out injured.Asked to play different positions.One he gets a good run of games with key players back to compliment his play I'm sure you will see an improvement. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I repeat - you have said we have signed more players than anyone else. I fyou don't know how many Rangers have signed you're simply taking a wild guess which is characteristic.

On the other hand if you're making a statement of fact, what is the fact?

Quite simple really.

A bit like you. Deflecting again from the amount of signings, whether it’s the most or not singing 9 teams of players in 4.5 years is excessive even a Levein lover must admit that but you won’t. Just more questions and deflections.

45 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

When he gets a fair crack of the whip.

What is your definition of a fair crack of the whip??  He's been full time training with us for what? 4 months, and played in 10 games - and has yet to show us one once of football ability.

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

What is your definition of a fair crack of the whip??  He's been full time training with us for what? 4 months, and played in 10 games - and has yet to show us one once of football ability.

Who has shown you any ounce of footballing ability in the past 10 games??

12 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

What are you banging on about?just back from leg injury/Op.Playing bit part in a different league.In a squad depleted with best players out injured.Asked to play different positions.One he gets a good run of games with key players back to compliment his play I'm sure you will see an improvement

With respect THAT would not be difficult.....

14 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

What are you banging on about?just back from leg injury/Op.Playing bit part in a different league.In a squad depleted with best players out injured.Asked to play different positions.One he gets a good run of games with key players back to compliment his play I'm sure you will see an improvement. 

You've nothing to support this

Just as i thought 

2 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Berra and Haring for a start. Others have also shown a bit of football ability during games even although the overall performance/results of the team have been poor. Clare has shown us NOTHING!

Anyway I just do not go for your theory that the poor form of Clare is all down to the poor form of others.  A quality player does not forget how to beat a man, or play a cracking pass, or have a decent shot on target, when he has the ball. 

3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Berra and Haring for a start. Others have also shown a bit of football ability during games even although the overall performance/results of the team have been poor. Clare has shown us NOTHING!

Anyway I just do not go for your theory that the poor form of Clare is all down to the poor form of others.  A quality player does not forget how to beat a man, or play a cracking pass, or have a decent shot on target, when he has the ball. 

But he's been out injured he needs at least a year to get back up to fitness. Then he'll be flying past players 

8 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

But he's been out injured he needs at least a year to get back up to fitness. Then he'll be flying past players 

Just like El Hass then.......

22 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Ran about like a headless chicken more like, and contributed zilch.

He's another lightweight like Gavin Reilly, and will be punted out on loan soon IMO.  God knows why we signed and paid money for him.

The issue for me is not signing Wighton to see if we can progress him. The issue is that we sold Lafferty and only brought in Wighton. I understand with Vanecek coming in January that we presumed we could manage with what we had until then, but this has massively backfired.

34 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

A bit like you. Deflecting again from the amount of signings, whether it’s the most or not singing 9 teams of players in 4.5 years is excessive even a Levein lover must admit that but you won’t. Just more questions and deflections.

I'm not arguing about your 9 teams.  It could be 900 for all that it matters.

What I am saying is that we started from virtually scratch with hardly a penny to our name and quickly had to assemble a squad. We have built on that each year to the point where we were doing well at the top of the league until injury struck our most effective players and that alone caused to get 2 more players in both of whom are now themselves injured.  At the end of this season I'd happily take your count to 112 if we replace 10 of our squad with 10 better players.  Would you not.

BTW have you got that Rangers figure yet or were you blethering through a hole in your rectum?  It's important that you justify that we have signed more players than anyone else!

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

What I am saying is that we started from virtually scratch with hardly a penny to our name and quickly had to assemble a squad. We have built on that each year to the point where we were doing well at the top of the league until injury struck our most effective players and that alone caused to get 2 more players in both of whom are now themselves injured.  At the end of this season I'd happily take your count to 112 if we replace 10 of our squad with 10 better players.  Would you not.

BTW have you got that Rangers figure yet or were you blethering through a hole in your rectum?  It's important that you justify that we have signed more players than anyone else!

As I’ve said many times now you asked about Rangers, it’s your comparison, I couldn’t care less about them. Go and do you’re own research. It’s all you have to cling to so go and prove it.

As for starting from scratch with no money that’s nonsense, we had a decent group of youngsters and season ticket money to bring in players. 

Of course if we have to replace another ten duds with better players that should be done. You seem to be ok with CL and his hopeless group of coaches and scouts wasting millions and trust them to find decent players, when all the signs show they’re incapable of doing this. They can’t even find a decent left back when they have the choice of Man City/United players.

Yet again we go round and round, I notice you haven’t answered the other posters pulling you up on your idiotic comments. I’ve wasted far too much time answering your crap, go away and annoy someone else. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Mort said:

The issue for me is not signing Wighton to see if we can progress him. The issue is that we sold Lafferty and only brought in Wighton. I understand with Vanecek coming in January that we presumed we could manage with what we had until then, but this has massively backfired.

Ar the very least a loan signing to back up Uche should’ve been brought in, they knew Lafferty was going for at least a month before the end of the window. Especially when your whole ganeplan is based on one player.

20 minutes ago, Mort said:

Unfortunately it has.

19 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Is all that really necessary Al?

You generally make excellent points but your personal stuff kinda dilutes them TBH.

29 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Is it the bamers Xmas day oot the day?

No - so get back in your box! :thumbsup:

jack D and coke
2 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Sean Clare will come good

That’s something we all hope I guess. 

Ive seen absolutely no signs whatsoever though and I’m curious to know exactly who has, seeing how little professional football he has played in his career. 

25 games with 4/5 different clubs, 5 appearances for Sheff Weds and 1 goal. Gillingham, Bury, Accrington Stanley to name the others and another 2 goals in his career before he came to us. 

He’s hardly set the heather on fire. 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

You generally make excellent points but your personal stuff kinda dilutes them TBH.

Pots and kettles eh, do one fat boy I think was your enlightened response to two of my posts. 

4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Ive seen absolutely no signs whatsoever though and I’m curious to know exactly who has, seeing how little professional football he has played in his career. 

25 games with 4/5 different clubs, 5 appearances for Sheff Weds and 1 goal. Gillingham, Bury, Accrington Stanley to name the others and another 2 goals in his career before he came to us. 

We have to hope.  He's a +£100k plus, plus wages. 

jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Yeah we do but where all this “he’ll come good” stuff is coming from I’m really not sure. Nobody can know a thing about this lad tbh. 

I think we’ve been catfished myself. 

11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Pots and kettles eh, do one fat boy I think was your enlightened response to two of my posts. 

Sorry posting that emoji was my attempt at humour.

Edited by Thomaso

12 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

5K a week according to the Football Manager researcher that posts on here.

Said the only 100% info he was given regarding wages was Clare and Naismith.

Unless I picked it up wrong.

Would fit in with Levein saying we broke the bank to sign him.

Edited by Lovecraft

StirlingJambo
1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Clare came into the team when hearts started the poor form. Confidence is a major part of the game and most players thrown into the team when the downward spiral started would struggle. Give the lad a chance, he’s still young and I think once played in right position with a full squad back playing he will come good. Wasn’t looked at by big clubs down south for nowt. 

15 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

That's a bit worrying when you put that on paper. He came with a huge reputation, and CL has compared him with Colin Cameron - that doesn't seem to be based on his past appearances on the football pitch.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Sorry it was my attempt at humour.

Water off a ducks back mate, Al seems to have to get a wee dig in every post. We’ve ruined a few threads in the last year and I’ve not always been complimentary about him either. 

New Years resolution to not to call people names, even if provoked. Xmas shopping is calling, have a good one.

3 minutes ago, StirlingJambo said:

Clare came into the team when hearts started the poor form. Confidence is a major part of the game and most players thrown into the team when the downward spiral started would struggle. Give the lad a chance, he’s still young and I think once played in right position with a full squad back playing he will come good. Wasn’t looked at by big clubs down south for nowt. 

I've already given my opinion on the theory that Clare's poor form is down to others poor form.

Was he being looked at by big clubs - or was that just the hook from his Agent?

Edited by Thomaso

StirlingJambo

I've already giving my opinion on the theory that Clare's poor form is down to others poor form.

You might be right but we’ll never know. All I’m saying is give the lad a chance, 10 games is no where near enough time. Needs all the backing he can get.

Just now, StirlingJambo said:

You might be right but we’ll never know. All I’m saying is give the lad a chance, 10 games is no where near enough time. Needs all the backing he can get.

Clare, like all Hearts players, will get my full backing at games.

I just get the awful feeling we have been sold a pup here.

StirlingJambo

Clare, like all Hearts players, will get my full backing at games.

I just get the awful feeling we have been sold a pup here.

Finger cross we’ve not mate. Hoping it’s the negative tactics and no proper gameplay that’s stalling him but we’ll see.

Absolute Scenes
6 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I've already given my opinion on the theory that Clare's poor form is down to others poor form.

You make good points Thommo and I’m in agreement that we haven’t seen the player we were promised by Levein

but the comparison to Cameron, remember we don’t see what happens during training and how he is with other players, so it’s more than just in games

he very nearly scored against Livi on Friday and had that and Mitchell’s gone in we might have been looking at a totally different outcome in that game. It’s clear he is getting closer to a player, but I do agree we were promised a player who was a “coup” (leveins words) and we aren’t seeing that. As difficult as it is to hear and to have it repeated, especially on such a rut that we are in, it will take time! 

I firmly believe that players are 100% affected by the quality around them and we aren’t seeing his best because of part of this problem. We don’t have our strongest team out due to 5 of our first team and strongest players injured. Once they come back I do think we will see the form return

keep the faith!

3 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

You make good points Thommo and I’m in agreement that we haven’t seen the player we were promised by Levein

but the comparison to Cameron, remember we don’t see what happens during training and how he is with other players, so it’s more than just in games

he very nearly scored against Livi on Friday and had that and Mitchell’s gone in we might have been looking at a totally different outcome in that game. It’s clear he is getting closer to a player, but I do agree we were promised a player who was a “coup” (leveins words) and we aren’t seeing that. As difficult as it is to hear and to have it repeated, especially on such a rut that we are in, it will take time! 

I firmly believe that players are 100% affected by the quality around them and we aren’t seeing his best because of part of this problem. We don’t have our strongest team out due to 5 of our first team and strongest players injured. Once they come back I do think we will see the form return

keep the faith!

OK it's Christmas

I BELIEVE!! :thumbsup:

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

That us a good question. 

Livi had a fair few that did, as did Killie, rangers and celtic. 

Ohh... I get what you mean?

2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Yeah we do but where all this “he’ll come good” stuff is coming from I’m really not sure. Nobody can know a thing about this lad tbh. 

I think we’ve been catfished myself. 

That seems more likely than him coming good. Seen nothing to suggest that. His agent clearly has a bit of talent though. 

11 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Huge successes? A clean sheet record and a decent home record (3 defeats)  that got us 6th place? A great win against Celtic but how many drubbings?How many teams had a worse away record? I must’ve missed that? 3 changes of manager, I must’ve missed that too? It’s either two or 5 if you’re counting the dire contributions of Jon Daly. Since we finished 3rd in our first season back, with no Hibs or Rangers and the 3rd biggest budget in the league, we’ve regressed every year. If we hadn’t started so we’ll this season we would be near the bottom and could be 8th by next Saturday. I’m not feeling very positive about the squad or other aspects of the club just now. 

Huge successes in terms of recruitment. You make out that the last 4.5 years have been a disaster with recruitment at the centre of it. The high number of players is explained by the growing budget and the changes of managers.

IMO we’ve had a genuinely bad 1.5 years max from that 4.5. We’ve also had a great season and a meh season. Pretty standard.

Edited by Guest

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Huge successes in terms of recruitment. You make out that the last 4.5 years have been a disaster with recruitment at the centre of it. The high number of players is explained by the growing budget and the changes of managers.

IMO we’ve had a genuinely bad 1.5 years max from that 4.5. We’ve also had a great season and a meh season. Pretty standard.

Ok so you tell me who you think was a huge success and I will tell you who was average/poor/awful. 

9 hours ago, Thomaso said:

I agree but everyone has a patience limit.  Apologies.

As annoying as Clares form has been I think its harsh to judge him on a par with others in the squad. I'd like to see him in the same team as Souttar, Uche and Naismith. 

Thankfully, Naismith will be back soon so that should help things out massively.

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Ok so you tell me who you think was a huge success and I will tell you who was average/poor/awful. 

So I had time on my hands and was interested. This is my opinion of course and I can see a lot of difference of opinion in terms of the solid category but the successes clearly outweigh the duds. It could be argued that a few of the solids could be or will be by the end of this season seen as successes. And as you seem determined to use recruitment as a stick to beat Levein with I'm pretty sure you will classify a few of the Solid players as duds. But the fact is within our budget those guys were all solid enough signings, and a better manager than Cathro - Levein for example - might have got a lot more out of the likes of Johnson, Tziolis, Struna and co.

The duds list is too long for me, but considering the changes in management, the requirement to get from admin to at least Europe as quickly as possible, and our stated policy of taking low risk punts, I'm satisfied that we haven't wasted a lot of money on duds, with one notable exception. 

Of the ones I can remember:

Huge successes (Became important or vital players who contribute(ed) a lot): Sow, Zeefuik, Naismith, Berra, Lafferty, Dunne, Haring, Souttar, McLaughlin

Successes (became key players, even just for one season): Eckersley, Uche, Alexander, Gomis, Pallardo, Ozturk, Rossi

Solid (ie did/doing a job but inconsistent): McLean, Lee, Bauben, Djoum, Keatings, Bozanic, Smith, Dikamona, Hughes, Zlamal, Johnson, Muirhead, Delgado, Augustyn, Cowie. MItchell, KItchen, Avionitis, Nowak, Goncalves, Milinkovic, Randall, Callachan, Adao, Garrucio, Mulraney

Disappointing (high hopes/good pedigree but didn't live up to it): Reilly, Sammon, Watt, Clare*, Wighton*, Tziolis, Struna

Duds: Oshaniwa, Anderson, El Hassnoui**, Swanson, Dauda, Choulay, Bikey, Sowah, Martin, Smith-Brown**, Stockton, Grezlak, Amankawaa

TBD: Edwards, Burns, Vanacek

*Jury's out for me

** Mostly injured

Edited by Guest