Players you would let go in January

Top Corner

Not the most positive of threads but i'm finding it hard to be positive about anything on field related at the moment. 

For certain:

Amankwaa,

Hughes

Mulraney

Mclean

Edwards

On thin ice:

Lee

Wighton

Claire

Bozanic

Mitchell

Godinho

I know we won't get rid of them all but that's my thoughts.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Top Corner

• Thomaso

• soonbe110

Bridge of Djoum
4 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

Not the most positive of threads but i'm finding it hard to be positive about anything on field related at the moment. 

For certain:

Amankwaa,

Hughes

Mulraney

Mclean

Edwards

On thin ice:

Lee

Wighton

Claire

Bozanic

Mitchell

Godinho

My god you are desperate to appear relevant on here.

Go take a walk, have a pint or something. Take a break from spouting negative, repetitive pish continually. Start a thread about why you support Hearts or something. 

I'd keep MacLean. He was doing great with Naismith and Uche. He wasn't signed to play every week nor up front on his tod. Vanecek arriving means he won't feature as much anyway.

Amankwaa not worth keeping. Edwards will just be loaned out until his contact is up.

We need a proper left back. Garuccio is second choice but Mitchell no where near what we need though happy to see him get a run of games further up the park.

Bozanic has shown glimpse of being a no bad player. Lee has been good but lost his way, like most of the team to be fair. Wighton meh was never at the level for us IMO. Mitchell never a left back. Clare, well the budget was broken to get him in, had more than enough time to get up to speed. Just not cut out for the league.

My reasoning for the likes of Mclean and Hughes is the lack of pace they have. 

Mulraney has a shed load of pace but if he's not even getting a sniff of a subs bench, what's the point in keeping him?

I agree that Bozanic has shown glimpses of a player and he's done better than a lot of them recently but i'm still not sure he's good enough. 

Edited by Top Corner

6 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

My god you are desperate to appear relevant on here.

Go take a walk, have a pint or something. Take a break from spouting negative, repetitive pish continually. Start a thread about why you support Hearts or something. 

Maybe share your thoughts on why we should keep a hold of some of these players instead of just being a prat. 

1 minute ago, Top Corner said:

Maybe share your thoughts on why we should keep a hold of some of these players instead of just being a prat. 

They're under contract.

2 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

They're under contract.

That doesn't mean you can't tell them that they're free to find a new club. 

Anyway, This is just a thread on who you would get rid of to free up wages for new players. 

As i said, i doubt we'll get rid of any of them. 

Edited by Top Corner

Really need to question where the **** Mulraney is, was trusted against celtic then disappears?? Offers good pace and could be useful when the other team start to get leggy. Would love an explanation on this..

I don't think Hughes has anymore to offer. I'd rather we went out and found an 18 year old that was getting his game at a lower level. 

Mclean is pissing me off. A ****ing statue if i've ever saw one. Reckon Nade could put in more of a shift.

Djoum has the heart of a mouse and to my mind offers very little in tough games. This was the sort of game we needed him to get on the ball and drive through the middle. He seems to hide when we need him most.

We need an attacking midfielder with character. If we could get another player with Naismiths sort of attitude that would be excellent. 

Bridge of Djoum
6 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

Maybe refer yourself to the threads already in place on this subject? 

3 minutes ago, OTT said:

Really need to question where the **** Mulraney is, was trusted against celtic then disappears?? Offers good pace and could be useful when the other team start to get leggy. Would love an explanation on this..

I don't think Hughes has anymore to offer. I'd rather we went out and found an 18 year old that was getting his game at a lower level. 

Mclean is pissing me off. A ****ing statue if i've ever saw one. Reckon Nade could put in more of a shift.

Djoum has the heart of a mouse and to my mind offers very little in tough games. This was the sort of game we needed him to get on the ball and drive through the middle. He seems to hide when we need him most.

We need an attacking midfielder with character. If we could get another player with Naismiths sort of attitude that would be excellent. 

Agreed. 

Djoum is a tricky one though. He's a good player without a doubt but we don't seem to get the best out of him. I suppose that's the case with Mitchell as well. 

1 minute ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Maybe refer yourself to the threads already in place on this subject? 

Maybe refer yourself to the doctors. 

I’d wait until the summer before binning anyone. 

Certainly wouldn’t be binning MacLean who has been excellent when paired with Naisy. He was brought in as back up but is being expected to play a lone striker role every week. Thankless task.

Yes, the jury is out on most of them but they deserve the season at least, things could change quite quickly.

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Top Corner said:

Maybe refer yourself to the doctors. 

If I'd realized I were talking to a 14yo I'd not have bothered. 

Ministry of Football

Letting players go and getting new ones is something we will clearly need to do to freshen things up. The question that needs to be asked however is, do we once again let the manager pick the new recruits. 

For every good player we seem to employ, we also get 3 or 4 duds. This is not working... 

Amankwaa,

Hughes

Mulraney 

Wighton loan once we have everyone back 

Recall aidan kenna 

Players in 

Naismith pre contract 

Halkett pre contract 

James Meredith pre contract or Danny fox  pre contract 

David Milinković loan with optional fee at the end of Loan 

5 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

If I'd realized I were talking to a 14yo I'd not have bothered. 

Make sure you ask a posters age before you comment then. 

I'm sure everyone will tell you that they're 14. 

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Amankwaa,

Hughes

Mulraney 

Recall aidan kenna 

Players in 

Naismith pre contract 

Halkett pre contract 

And Glen kamara 

1 minute ago, Ministry of Football said:

Letting players go and getting new ones is something we will clearly need to do to freshen things up. The question that needs to be asked however is, do we once again let the manager pick the new recruits. 

For every good player we seem to employ, we also get 3 or 4 duds. This is not working... 

Complete and utter bollocks.  The players we recruited had us top of the league until we lost the core of the team.

There won't be a massive recruitment of new players in January without shifting other players on, and someone has to want them.

Only a complete halfwit would want to replace our manager now with a couple of weeks until the winter break when our best players are due to return imminently.

Amankwaa was brought on to play 80 minutes in a major semi-final in front of nigh on 30,000 Hearts fans. Let that sink in.

Mulraney could barely get a game for ICT in the Championship yet we signed him. Let that sink in.

Edwards was signed and sent out on loan. Let that sink in.

I could go on. And this after several total cluster**** transfer windows overseen by our then DoF, now Head Coach. No accountability. No pressure. The cushiest job in British football. Dismal.

1 minute ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I see this thread has turned into a game of FM2018.

Why not FM 2019 mate u still playing last year's aye ??

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Complete and utter bollocks.  The players we recruited had us top of the league until we lost the core of the team.

There won't be a massive recruitment of new players in January without shifting other players on, and someone has to want them.

Only a complete halfwit would want to replace our manager now with a couple of weeks until the winter break when our best players are due to return imminently.

But we aren't allowed to blame a downswing in performances on injuries.

Come on, Frank, get with it lad.

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Why not FM 2019 mate u still playing last year's aye ??

Still on 2016 mate!

11 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Amankwaa,

Hughes

Mulraney 

Recall aidan kenna 

Players in 

Naismith pre contract 

Halkett pre contract 

Good post. 

Some thought put into it. 

EastSideJambo
9 minutes ago, magicTs said:

Amankwaa was brought on to play 80 minutes in a major semi-final in front of nigh on 30,000 Hearts fans. Let that sink in.

Mulraney could barely get a game for ICT in the Championship yet we signed him. Let that sink in.

I could go on. And this after several total cluster**** transfer windows overseen by our then DoF, now Head Coach. No accountability. No pressure. The cushiest job in British football. Dismal.

Getting players out once we've furnished them with the terms on offer isn't easy. We need only look to Oshinawa, Sammon, Martin and Edwards for evidence 

Sammon will be on a minimum of £3k a week given where he came from. That's  £450,000 over the duration of a 3 year deal. That's a minimum as he might be on more. He'll have spent 30 months of that 36 month deal out on loan at teams where you'll be luck if the clubs pay £1k a week to their players. That's well over £300,000 spunked on one player. If you add the other 3 I've mentioned the figure is probably closer to £1M. A club of our size can't absorb that 

He asked AB to sign off on all these deals. He'll get credit for Naismith and Berra but they were hardly a risk. Both are undeniably quality. Trouble is they're supplemented with utter gash 

We've got lucky with Haring. Otherwise it's a largely uninspiring pile of dross that he's recruited 

I've no idea how much more we've got to suffer. In our 4th season back we should have a core of a squad in place and be able to supplement it would quality. Instead it's a scattergun approach with mass movement inward and outward 

20 minutes ago, magicTs said:

Totally agree mate. But some on here are too eager to sweep it under the carpet and ignore the warning signs. Fans burying their heads in the sand is why we are in this mess now  

Edited by Class of 75

rudi must stay

Godinho

Smith (get a fee, move on in my opinion. Better out there. Yes he tries, but he often takes the unadventurous option attacking wise

Cochrane (same deal as above, so much hype but he's never stood out)

Hughes

Mitchell (quite obvious to me that he believes he's doing us a favour being here. Football doesn't work like that. Would rather have a young guy there that Hearts is his dream move and he'll work his socks off

Amankwaa (not a fan of us hanging him out to dry like we did v Celtic. But I don't think he's right for the league anyway

10 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

Getting players out once we've furnished them with the terms on offer isn't easy. We need only look to Oshinawa, Sammon, Martin and Edwards for evidence 

Sammon will be on a minimum of £3k a week given where he came from. That's  £450,000 over the duration of a 3 year deal. That's a minimum as he might be on more. He'll have spent 30 months of that 36 month deal out on loan at teams where you'll be luck if the clubs pay £1k a week to their players. That's well over £300,000 spunked on one player. If you add the other 3 I've mentioned the figure is probably closer to £1M. A club of our size can't absorb that 

He asked AB to sign off on all these deals. He'll get credit for Naismith and Berra but they were hardly a risk. Both are undeniably quality. Trouble is they're supplemented with utter gash 

We've got lucky with Haring. Otherwise it's a largely uninspiring pile of dross that he's recruited 

I've no idea how much more we've got to suffer. In our 4th season back we should have a core of a squad in place and be able to supplement it would quality. Instead it's a scattergun approach with mass movement inward and outward 

Remember this time round it's Levein's gash. 

Apparently he had nothing to do with any of the players signed while he was director of football. (so much gash)

Ann will know the truth though. 

As much as she likes Craig and has a great relationship with him, It's a business she's running. 

I think Craig knows the pressure is on now. You could see it when he was calling the ref's out (rightly) and going on about it being his lively hood. 

I have a lot of time for Craig Levein and i'm not saying he should go. I'm just pointing out that we've wasted a hell of a lot of money on players on his watch.

Edited by Top Corner

EastSideJambo
2 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

Remember this time round it's Levein's gash. 

Apparently he had nothing to do with any of the players signed while he was director of football. (so much gash)

Ann will know the truth though. 

As much as she likes Craig and has a great relationship with him, It's a business she's running. 

I think Craig knows the pressure is on now. You could see it when he was calling the ref's out (rightly) and going on about it being his lively hood. 

He's probably done a very good job behind the scenes since Administration. But this is now too much. He looked like a reluctant recipient of the managerial post last August. It's all unravelling now 

We could lose at Pittodrie and Easter Road in the next fortnight and some would continue to be defiant in their support of him 

We are going nowhere with this guy. We need to wake up to that and fast 

Mind how average Naismith was when he "didn't get a pre season" last year

Who's to say he's gonna be the same when he gets back from his injury?

A lot of people are relying on Vanecek before he's even kicked a ball in the SPFL as well. 

I just hope plans are in place if this all goes tits up. 

I'd honestly give Jon Daly a chance before looking for any new manager. Any time he's stepped in he's done very well.

Also loved it when he told Rodgers where to go!

Edited by Top Corner

1 hour ago, Top Corner said:

For certain:

Amankwaa,

Hughes

Mulraney

Mclean

Edwards

On thin ice:

Lee

Wighton

Claire

Bozanic

Mitchell

Godinho

You could add a number of the loan signings to your list.

Sammon

Martin

Moore

Zanatta

Baur

I think we might keep Irving, Keena and Henderson.

For certain:

Amankwaa,

Hughes

Mulraney

Mclean

Edwards

On thin ice:

Lee

Wighton

Claire

Bozanic

Mitchell

Godinho

How do we get rid of any of them short of paying out the rest of their contracts? 

8 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

Mind how average Naismith was when he "didn't get a pre season" last year

Who's to say he's gonna be the same when he gets back from his injury?

A lot of people are relying on Vanecek before he's even kicked a ball in the SPFL as well. 

I just hope plans are in place if this all goes tits up. 

I'd honestly give John daly a chance before looking for any new manager. Any time he's stepped in he's done very well.

Also loved it when he told Rodgers where to go!

As someone posted earlier another 18 out and 18 in should sort it out. There's bound to be a couple of half decent players in there. That's how it's done isn't it.

Just now, wavydavy said:

You could add a number of the loan signings to your list.

Sammon

Martin

Moore

Zanatta

Baur

I think we might keep Irving, Keena and Henderson.

Definitely Keep Keena. 

I'd also of recalled Zanatta and dare i say it... Sammon after Naismith and Uche got injured. Not sure if that was possible though. 

That doesn't mean you can't tell them that they're free to find a new club. 

Anyway, This is just a thread on who you would get rid of to free up wages for new players. 

As i said, i doubt we'll get rid of any of them. 

Again, how do we just ‘get rid of them’ ? Who is going to sign them and pay them the same as we are paying them? 

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

How do we get rid of any of them short of paying out the rest of their contracts? 

One of the players he mentions is a loan signing and three are out of contract at the end of the season, just saying.

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Again, how do we just ‘get rid of them’ ? Who is going to sign them and pay them the same as we are paying them? 

You can't just get rid of them but you can agree a deal for them to leave or tell them they're not in your plans and are free to find a new club. You can tell agents to try and get them a move etc. 

It all depends on how long their contracts are and what sort of money they're on as well. 

Some players like to sit and take the money (Malaury Martin, Oshiniwa) , some players (probably on less money) would prefer to find a new club and get more game time. 

Edited by Top Corner

5 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

One of the players he mentions is a loan signing and three are out of contract at the end of the season, just saying.

Thanks for that McPhee. lol 

33 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

So we got lucky with Haring but not unlucky with some others.  How does that work?

You seem to be an expert on players' salaries.  Do you work for HMRC or are you just spouting sh*te to suit your argument?

All signings are a risk but maybe you could say who you think we should sign that could be guaranteed successes and also let us know their salaries to confirm we can afford them.

36 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

Post sums you up perfectly. Poor signings are Leveins fault, good signings ‘’we got lucky’  - your words. 

Re 4th season back, maybe if you and your pals hadn’t tried to chase Neilson out we would have a more solid squad core in place. 

1 minute ago, gedster said:

Garucchio another one who looks absolute pony. On last night's showing it's obvious why he's rarely played.

I dunno, I didn't add him to my list purely because he doesn't get a good run in the team. 

8 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

End of the season is May not January. Loan deals involve contracts. Usually only injury can cancel them. Just saying