Ainslie Park

Alan_R

All the lowland/EoS games been postponed due to frozen pitches. I planned to go to something local.

I've not been down near Ainslie park for ages, how busy does carpark get on match day or plenty parking nearby? for the Edinburgh city game.

cheers

4 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

All the lowland/EoS games been postponed due to frozen pitches. I planned to go to something local.

I've not been down near Ainslie park for ages, how busy does carpark get on match day or plenty parking nearby? for the Edinburgh city game.

cheers

Not the biggest car park mate. The sports Centre/football ground usually busy. Morrison’s would be you best option. 

52 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

cheers

I had to park about three blocks down the road on Tuesday night for the draw with Peterhead. Maybe park in Morrisons? They're doing well and seem to have got a few hundred regular fans now.  Few decent players with them now.

Mind you get in for half price with a Hearts season ticket. 

1 hour ago, Gadji79 said:

Park in the State Street car park or the village Hotel and walk over. Good for a quick getaway too.

Long walk from Statestreet   -  we moved to Quartermile in February   haha

5 hours ago, Alan_R said:

cheers

Hope you went and enjoyed the game!

Made to work hard for it after the goalie blunder but pulled ourselves up and got on with it. 5 clear of Peterhead, who have a game in hand.

26 minutes ago, Chester™ said:

Hope you went and enjoyed the game!

Made to work hard for it after the goalie blunder but pulled ourselves up and got on with it. 5 clear of Peterhead, who have a game in hand.

I did. Must be mental in that cold but a few good goals.

been here before

Unbelievably Baltic today. Decent enough performance after Tuesday night.

Howler from the goalie for the Elgin equaliser. Great goal by Smith for the 2nd. Not sure if Henderson will get the hat trick though as his 3rd looked like it took a couple of deflections on the way in. Missed a far easier chance 5 miuntes earlier to score as well.

If you enjoyed it today Alan they've a couple of games at home in January when Hearts arent playing.

Car park had space today. And my toes have warmed up.

Another notable performance today among many being attracted to City was Danny Galbraith a late first half substitute.

Building a good side. 

6 hours ago, Alan_R said:

I did. Must be mental in that cold but a few good goals.

Its the coldest ground I've ever been in (and that includes Arbroath in shorts :lol:). Played well. Hope you'll return.

5 hours ago, been here before said:

Unbelievably Baltic today. Decent enough performance after Tuesday night.

Howler from the goalie for the Elgin equaliser. Great goal by Smith for the 2nd. Not sure if Henderson will get the hat trick though as his 3rd looked like it took a couple of deflections on the way in. Missed a far easier chance 5 miuntes earlier to score as well.

If you enjoyed it today Alan they've a couple of games at home in January when Hearts arent playing.

The third was what you'd do if you goalhanged (hung?), playing knockout down the park = shot came in and he stuck his foot out. Absolutely his goal. Smith's goal was an absolute beauty.

4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Car park had space today. And my toes have warmed up.

Another notable performance today among many being attracted to City was Danny Galbraith a late first half substitute.

Building a good side. 

Galbraith's range of passing was incredible. For a guy who hasnt played in nearly two years...

Edited by Chester™

11 hours ago, Chester™ said:

Galbraith's range of passing was incredible. For a guy who hasnt played in nearly two years...

Will be back. Went with my hibs supporting mate. Decent being able to go to the football together.

Was weird. Couldn't really get behind supporting the team though, think I wasn't the only one as it's a funny thing having the spectators quite subdued when a goals scored (other than the young team!) That's not a slight btw, just an observation.

Thought CT was best player on park first half but totally disappeared 2nd

Galbraith done well when came on. Thought he was a winger, was he playing in a deeper central rol.

58 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Will be back. Went with my hibs supporting mate. Decent being able to go to the football together.

Was weird. Couldn't really get behind supporting the team though, think I wasn't the only one as it's a funny thing having the spectators quite subdued when a goals scored (other than the young team!) That's not a slight btw, just an observation.

Thought CT was best player on park first half but totally disappeared 2nd

Galbraith done well when came on. Thought he was a winger, was he playing in a deeper central rol.

Think it was subdued due to the conditions. Crowd was down a bit too. Usually a bit more noisy in general. Young team have done well in trying to create an atmosphere, and the majority that go home and away, are based there as well.

Galbraith played in a central role. Not sure his legs would've carried him out on the wing.

It’s an ambition of mine to get to Ainslie park for a city game this season, sadly every time an opportunity pops up, with hearts not playing , the kids have something on or weathers brutal 

Doing well by all accounts and seeks they had a “us v Livi” spell away to ICT in the cup. 

Hope they keep it up and go up this year 

Been to the last two games and have enjoyed both. A lot of recognisable names in the teams in that league. 

Cant argue with £6 entry with season ticket as well, something to do when Hearts aren't playing. Will definitely be keeping an eye on their games from now on when they dont clash with Hearts

1 hour ago, BM1874 said:

Hope they keep it up and go up this year 

One game at a time. The lads are running on empty just now. Its a thin squad and the injury list is lengthy. Bodies are required to come in during the window. Certainly a couple of areas we need a backup, at least, in.

been here before
1 hour ago, Takis4king said:

Been to the last two games and have enjoyed both. A lot of recognisable names in the teams in that league. 

Cant argue with £6 entry with season ticket as well, something to do when Hearts aren't playing. Will definitely be keeping an eye on their games from now on when they dont clash with Hearts

The next 3 home games that dont clash with a Hearts game are 5th Jan v Stirling Albion Sat 19th v Annan and 2nd Feb v Albion Rovers.

The away leg of Irn Bru Cup semi v Connah's Quay Rovers on Sat 16th Feb is also live on S4C.