Livi played better than us for the entire game....fact...!!

Section Q

2 minutes ago, Ministry MK2 said:

Yeah I suppose so. It’s weird how at Hearts we seem to judge our strikers by how tall they are. 

Well if we did it by goals we would have chucked ourselves off the forth bridge by now.

25 minutes ago, Bauld said:

6ft 4 i think. 

Still a pretty imposing figure.

I think you are right.  I swore I read that somewhere when we first signed him.

In any case a three pronged attack of him with Uche and Naismith is going to cause panic - especially at set pieces with Berra, Souttar, and maybe Dunne.

queensferryjambo
9 hours ago, Section Q said:

They're a good side. Probably the best team they've ever put together.

We never looked like winning this and were lucky to go in at half time at 0-0. 

I think we should give them credit for hammering a bigger club, as well as beating Hibs and Rangers. My only surprise was how quickly we threw in the towel and how much we missed Dunne at the back. They'll come to Tynie for the cup tie expecting at least a replay and that's our chance to put things right. I hope Levein changes his mind about not needing any new players in the January window.

I agree with almost everything you say but I would say the Livingston team of now couldn't lace the boots of the Livingston team who finished 3rd in the SPL in 2002 and went on to win the League cup in 2004. 

1 hour ago, queensferryjambo said:

I agree with almost everything you say but I would say the Livingston team of now couldn't lace the boots of the Livingston team who finished 3rd in the SPL in 2002 and went on to win the League cup in 2004. 

Did they beat Hibs and Rangers and Hearts in the first half of the season...?

I think we could have suffered a much greater defeat if Killie had taken all their first half chances, they had at least 4, I can only remember 1 for us.

I thought we were in with a chance of all 3 points until Bobby screwed up.

No excuse for the players to chuck the game like that.

No doubt Levein will have already read the riot act but his hands are a bit tied as it was practically every player that threw the towel in. However I am expecting Bobby to be dropped and I also can't see Hughes playing for us again after that pathetic defending from him.

queensferryjambo
52 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Did they beat Hibs and Rangers and Hearts in the first half of the season...?

They had beaten both Hearts and Hibs twice each by this time in the season in fact they beat us all 4 games that season.

They beat Rangers later in the season but got a draw with Rangers early on at Ibrox. The Rangers team was much stronger than the one today. 

They put 6 past Aberdeen at Pittodrie in the league cup by this point in the season and 5 past Killie at Rugby Park. They also beat Aberdeen 3-0 at Pittodrie in the league. Aberdeen came 4th in the league that season and were a decent side.

They won a cup with roughly the same squad a couple of years later. The cup win also came against 'The Golden Generation' team of Hibs as well :)

No Livingston team will ever be as good as the one season 2001/02. The Livingston team now are not exactly playing against the likes of Larsson and Caniggia either.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001–02_Livingston_F.C._season

13 hours ago, Section Q said:

They're a good side. Probably the best team they've ever put together.

We never looked like winning this and were lucky to go in at half time at 0-0. 

I think we should give them credit for hammering a bigger club, as well as beating Hibs and Rangers. My only surprise was how quickly we threw in the towel and how much we missed Dunne at the back. They'll come to Tynie for the cup tie expecting at least a replay and that's our chance to put things right. I hope Levein changes his mind about not needing any new players in the January window.

If you want to praise the oppo go on their site and tell them, they will probably appreciate it. As afr as I'm concerned their win is down to  our failings.

7 hours ago, H2 said:

If you want to praise the oppo go on their site and tell them, they will probably appreciate it. As afr as I'm concerned their win is down to  our failings.

Navel gazing gets you nowhere mate. Livi will beat other big teams this season. They played well and we were dire.

14 hours ago, JH-HMFC said:

One of the most infuriating aspects of last night was the aimless punts up top to Maclean - no chance he was beating their center backs in the air.

Mclean couldn't beat a dusty carpet.

On 16/12/2018 at 09:56, Section Q said:

Navel gazing gets you nowhere mate. Livi will beat other big teams this season. They played well and we were dire.

Navel gazing...That's a bit left field !