Livi played better than us for the entire game....fact...!!

Section Q

They're a good side. Probably the best team they've ever put together.

We never looked like winning this and were lucky to go in at half time at 0-0. 

I think we should give them credit for hammering a bigger club, as well as beating Hibs and Rangers. My only surprise was how quickly we threw in the towel and how much we missed Dunne at the back. They'll come to Tynie for the cup tie expecting at least a replay and that's our chance to put things right. I hope Levein changes his mind about not needing any new players in the January window.

3 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

They won the midfield battle

Tnink they pretty much won every battle across the pitch and in the dugout

42 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Pretty much sums it up.

Although think they will be coming to Tynie expecting to win, and that could benefit us.

They will face a vastly stronger Hearts team, with striking power to cause them real damage and a stronger defence - unlike the imposters last night.

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

They will face a vastly stronger Hearts team, with striking power to cause them real damage and a stronger defence - unlike the imposters last night.

Agreed but that big win may make them over confident hopefully

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Disagree. 70 minutes in it was very even both had created some scrappy chances and an odd decent move. 

Nobody saw that coming at 910pm

Absolutely nobody 

ToadKiller Dog

Don't think anybody was really the better side until the stupid penalty we gave them. 

Game was pretty poor apart from the odd chance both sides created. 

I was thinking a draw until the keeper fecked up. 

Sorry but Livy - hit the post (us as well) one cleared off the line, one point blank save from Bobby, and another couple of close things.

Agreed nobody saw that coming, but I think I saw a Livy win coming after we had a slightly better spell at the beginning of second half. But at half time we could easily have been 3-1 down.

I thought they were first to every second ball throughout a scrappy game. They however created the best chances and deserved to win tbh. Has Any team actually beat them at home yet? 

Jambof3tornado
5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Disagree. 70 minutes in it was very even both had created some scrappy chances and an odd decent move. 

Nobody saw that coming at 910pm

Absolutely nobody 

Correct. Mitchell goal goes in different game, clare effort goes in its a different game too. Zlamal started the slide, walsh aided it by sending djoum off but ultimately we got what we deserved as a team last night.

1 minute ago, Bluesy1874 said:

I thought they were first to every second ball throughout a scrappy game. They however created the best chances and deserved to win tbh. Has Any team actually beat them at home yet? 

St Johnstone

9 minutes ago, Bluesy1874 said:

Agree. They had players all over the park with pace. Something we have lacked especially in central midfield for a few seasons.

11 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Over 90 minutes only the battle to dominate the midfield matters.

A rather simplistic view.

For example - Calum Morrison was up against the livi wingback whose apparent weakness is defending and never won his battle. Demi Mitchell certainly never won his battle. Morrison was hooked at halftime and Mitchell started the second half as a right wing back after we switched to 3 at the back.

Those 2 players not winning their battle first half contributed to the manager changing system at half time.

Midfield is of course huge but Livi were stronger than us all over the pitch.

1 hour ago, merrymac said:

Sorry but Livy - hit the post (us as well) one cleared off the line, one point blank save from Bobby, and another couple of close things.

Agreed nobody saw that coming, but I think I saw a Livy win coming after we had a slightly better spell at the beginning of second half. But at half time we could easily have been 3-1 down.

Agree with you-at least 3-1 down at ht.

In nearly 40 years of watching them that was as poor a performance as I’ve ever seen-the surface is not great I get that but in terms of quality and desire it just wasn’t there.

lets hope it was a one off “freak” result but to say it was an even game up until the penalty is simply not true-we were well beaten

Livi deserve credit. They won every battle across the pitch which is utter shameful on our part. Mitchell and Morrison were shite. Neither were really taking their man on - Morrison was up against a winger ffs, not a defender! 

Pittman could certainly be worth a look, didn't realise he is 26 though

Of course, they are a very good side.

They should have been 2 or 3 up at half time.

no professional side should lose 5 goals in 14 minutes though.

2 hours ago, merrymac said:

Pretty much sums it up.

Although think they will be coming to Tynie expecting to win, and that could benefit us.

Doubt it. They play every game same way. Keep it tight and gradually build. Hope to score on break. They will sit back at Tynie and hope to catch us on the break. We need to score first and early. Vanacek debut goal? 

38 minutes ago, OTT said:

Livi deserve credit. They won every battle across the pitch which is utter shameful on our part. Mitchell and Morrison were shite. Neither were really taking their man on - Morrison was up against a winger ffs, not a defender! 

Pittman could certainly be worth a look, didn't realise he is 26 though

Morrison has had enough chances now - not good enough at this level. 

You know before we KO we are going to struggle to score, its easy to play against us and flood men forward knowing you will get the ball straight back. 

It's a learning curve for players and our coaching team atm with limited tools, it'll change soon enough and we will be up and motoring.

2 hours ago, Bluesy1874 said:

St Johnstone

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

The team that had Fernandez in it was actually very good also. Proper football team 

Agree. They had some right good players then.

3 hours ago, Section Q said:

I think we should give them credit for hammering a bigger club, as well as beating Hibs and Rangers. My only surprise was how quickly we threw in the towel and how much we missed Dunne at the back. They'll come to Tynie for the cup tie expecting at least a replay and that's our chance to put things right. I hope Levein changes his mind about not needing any new players in the January window.

Love your optimism and I hope your right but unlikely 

siegementality
3 hours ago, frankblack said:

They’ve already faced that and got a draw.

siegementality
5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

With Vanachek?

There are a lot of people, putting a lot of faith, in the ability to Vanecek to be successful. We’ve signed enough shite to be cautious about Vanecek.

Livingston are better than Hearts at this moment in time. I’m not saying that they have better players, but as a team they are better.

4 minutes ago, siegementality said:

There are a lot of people, putting a lot of faith, in the ability to Vanecek to be successful. We’ve signed enough shite to be cautious about Vanecek.

Livingston are better than Hearts at this moment in time. I’m not saying that they have better players, but as a team they are better.

We have one fit striker up front due to injury and he has been shit for the past two months, and our defence now missing three defenders, it is hardly surprising we can't score and can't defend.

siegementality
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

We have one fit striker up front due to injury and he has been shit for the past two months, and our defence now missing three defenders, it is hardly surprising we can't score and can't defend.

I’ll take you back to my original point then. When Livi came to Tynecastle we had our forwards fit and still couldn’t score. 

The simple fact is we are (even with a fully fit squad) not a good as some people think, and Livi are certainly nowhere near as bad as some people might think.

Let's not forget, they played a tough game against Aberdeen on Tuesday night and had very little recovery time.

A disaster for us.

Just now, siegementality said:

I’ll take you back to my original point then. When Livi came to Tynecastle we had our forwards fit and still couldn’t score. 

The simple fact is we are (even with a fully fit squad) not a good as some people think, and Livi are certainly nowhere near as bad as some people might think.

I certainly won't argue that a lot of players have been shown wanting when we were up against it with injuries.  That is unacceptable, and they should have their arses booted up and down the dressing room.  The attitude has been a disgrace in fact.

I do think Vanachek with his height will terrorise defenses if we can deliver decent balls into the box.  However we will need to recruit some wide players as the ones at the club currently are not up to the job.

Selkirkhmfc1874
4 hours ago, frankblack said:

Agreed, naismith be back , hopefully Jimmy Dunne aswell as souttar ikpeazu and vanicek 

Bridge of Djoum
5 hours ago, Section Q said:

fact or FACT!!!! ?

1 hour ago, It should have been ten said:

:blah:

You can blah all you like, but in this game they got the tactics spot on, we patently didn't.

I haven't said anything about this result on any thread yet.

Probably because theres only one thing i have really thought about since and that is well done Livi.

Honestly i can't remember a better example of taking advantage of a situation as that.

They smelled blood in the water and they were on us like hungry piranhas immediately. 

Yes we appeared to chuck it but Livi still had to act on our situation.

As gutted as i am by the result i have to give them due credit.

One of the most infuriating aspects of last night was the aimless punts up top to Maclean - no chance he was beating their center backs in the air.

3 hours ago, frankblack said:

With Vanachek?

I really hope Vanachek turns out to be a player. The amount of faith people are putting in this guy you would think we were signing Cristiano Ronaldo. 

Just now, Ministry MK2 said:

I really hope Vanachek turns out to be a player. The amount of faith people are putting in this guy you would think we were signing Cristiano Ronaldo. 

A good 6'8" striker playing with Naismith and Uche will cause panic among defences, providing we can add some width.

1 hour ago, Bauld said:

I haven't said anything about this result on any thread yet.

Probably because theres only one thing i have really thought about since and that is well done Livi.

Honestly i can't remember a better example of taking advantage of a situation as that.

They smelled blood in the water and they were on us like hungry piranhas immediately. 

Yes we appeared to chuck it but Livi still had to act on our situation.

As gutted as i am by the result i have to give them due credit.

To be fair to Livi they just kept going. When they went 2-0 up (against 10 men) they could have just sat back and shut the game down. 

They saw how weak spirited our players were and just went for blood. 

3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

A good 6'8" striker playing with Naismith and Uche will cause panic among defences, providing we can add some width.

I have to say I don’t know much about Vanacek. Is he really 6”8 tho?? That’s taller than Peter Crouch!!

21 minutes ago, Ministry MK2 said:

I have to say I don’t know much about Vanacek. Is he really 6”8 tho?? That’s taller than Peter Crouch!!

6ft 4 i think. 

Still a pretty imposing figure.

1 minute ago, Bauld said:

6ft 4 i think. 

Still a pretty imposing figure.

Yeah I suppose so. It’s weird how at Hearts we seem to judge our strikers by how tall they are.