Less bragging Craig and get this sorted.

mitch41

This week CL was going on about how well the coaching system works at Hearts. Praising McCann, Daly & Fox with CL coming in 2 days before a game and going over team selection & tactics.

My advice to our manager is just keep your head down and do a better job with your coach's & players.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• wavydavy

• Bazzas right boot

• Bridge of Djoum

Ministry of Football
10 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

This week CL was going on about how well the coaching system works at Hearts. Praising McCann, Daly & Fox with CL coming in 2 days before a game and going over team selection & tactics.

My advice to our manager is just keep your head down and do a better job with your coach's & players.

The whole lot of them need punted. This doesn't just stop at the dreadful manager. 

I personally have had enough of our team being  adjusted to nullify opponents. Play the best team we have in the positions they are best suited. 

Edited by Ministry of Football

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

McPhee. But correct. Heads down and get on with building a team. We have done nothing and last night overwhelming evidence of the work to be done 

12 minutes ago, Ministry of Football said:

The whole lot of them need punted. This doesn't just stop at the dreadful manager. 

I personally have had enough of our team being  adjusted to nullify opponents. Play the best team we have in the positions they are best suited

People have been screaming for Mitchell to play alongside Garrucio, he did last night and we lost 5-0.

Which players should he have played that he didn’t and which players were out of position?

1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

People have been screaming for Mitchell to play alongside Garrucio, he did last night and we lost 5-0.

Which players should he have played that he didn’t and which players were out of position?

And the pair of them turned their shorts brown when faced with big physical players. What a pair of shitebags. But they’re all we’ve got thanks to our horrendous recruitment. One day I’m sure we will stumble on a competent left back and winger in the transfer market.

One thing stuck out for me at halftime . Livi were out with a coach stretching and doing little drills . While our subs just kicked the ball between them like there was no interest 

39 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Do you expect players to develop an understanding after one game when obviously their thoughts were elsewhere.

CL fails to play the same team twice and doesn't know his best team and his continuous tinkering just makes matters worse.

One week we have Mulraney, then Amankwa makes an appearance, then Morrison, then Godhino and finally Smith have all played wide right and I haven't even mentioned the fact that he has even played central mids in wide positions.

Players need a settled line-up barring injuries, suspension of course to get an understanding of their team-mates style of play and be able to anticipate when players will run off the ball or move for a pass etc.

If you keep changing players about all the time it makes it so much more difficult for them.

55 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Ain't that the truth!

I would seriously love to know what the referee was thinking in the 70th minute...He went from having a good game to an utter mess in 2 minutes - gave TWO second yellows which were not second yellows and for different reasons!!! Bizarre performance. Hope the betting companies are checking their records...

Edited by Spellczech

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

My advice to our manager is just keep your head down and do a better job with your coach's & players.?

Edited by trago13

part_time_jambo
42 minutes ago, 80bob said:

One thing stuck out for me at halftime . Livi were out with a coach stretching and doing little drills . While our subs just kicked the ball between them like there was no interest 

Yes, that was why there was a 5 goal humping.

13 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Do you expect players to develop an understanding after one game when obviously their thoughts were elsewhere.

CL fails to play the same team twice and doesn't know his best team and his continuous tinkering just makes matters worse.

One week we have Mulraney, then Amankwa makes an appearance, then Morrison, then Godhino and finally Smith have all played wide right and I haven't even mentioned the fact that he has even played central mids in wide positions.

Players need a settled line-up barring injuries, suspension of course to get an understanding of their team-mates style of play and be able to anticipate when players will run off the ball or move for a pass etc.

If you keep changing players about all the time it makes it so much more difficult for them.

Playing Djoum in wide midfield worked fine while we had decent strikers to link with. 

The gaffer has chopped and changed because our form and individual player performances have been so poor. He’s tried to find a winning formula while the heart of our team is missing 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

It's hilarious. 

Folk just saying random stuff. 

On another thread 

Hughes is unfit, not sharp enough and has no desire to play football. 

Solution- bring caulker in for the next 3 games........ 

Fans are emotional, but the irrational, un hinged, illogical, ironic and outright stupid things that get posted make me question life. 

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

We were settled, barring injuries. 

We are changing things around because of injuries.... 

1 minute ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

It's hilarious. 

On another thread 

Fans are emotional, but the irrational, un hinged, illogical, ironic and outright stupid things that get posted make me question life. 

Not sure where the Caulker chat comes from but I think that’s a fair assessment of Hughes. 

Long-term and perhaps even short term, I want rid of Levein, MacP,hee, Fox, the whole set up. Whilst this would be disruptive, Ifear that we are just going to stagger along with Levein at the helm. Solution; that I am not quite sure of. However, there are plenty of good young coaches like Gary Holt at Livingston, Steve Clarke at Killie etc. Levein for me, wields far too much power within the club and has done so, for a good number of years.

The constant tinkering suggests that our priority is what the other team is doing and not what we want to be doing.

I'm pretty sure that's one of McPhee's main jobs, studying the opposition before a game. 

We look to stop threats rather than cause them. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Not sure where the Caulker chat comes from but I think that’s a fair assessment of Hughes. 

Yip, maybe but to suggest caulker is the answer is hilarious, when he 

- shows less desire to want to play 

-will be less sharp

- less fit

-less match fit

Just highlights the slavering and ill thought out solutions. 

1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

Why did clare not start ? He had started coming onto a game 

wighton did okay up in Perth ( hasn’t started since  (thats tinkering)

i thought Garuccio and Demi weren’t doing much wrong in first half although Demi was a bit his usual erratic to say the least 

Then he subs Garuccio ?

2 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Yip, maybe but to suggest caulker is the answer is hilarious, when he 

- shows less desire to want to play 

-will be less sharp

- less fit

-less match fit

Just highlights the slavering and ill thought out solutions. 

Ill thought out solutions seems to be the Hearts Way right now. 

It's fine to have problems with the coaching set and the team selection but there is no set of drills or combination of Hearts players that can be used to explain a result like last night. The players have to take a long, hard look at themselves. 

Mitchell is a shadow of the player that was here last year constantly gives the fecking ball away every game get him punted too 

Another who believes in his hype 

2 hours ago, Ministry of Football said:

I personally have had enough of our team being  adjusted to nullify opponents. Play the best team we have in the positions they are best suited. 

That’s why we will never win anything look at the Motherwell cup game last year 

Beginning to think Levein should go 

8 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

That’s why we will never win anything look at the Motherwell cup game last year 

Beginning to think Levein should go 

Another example of a day in the Levein lowlights list. 5000 Hearts fans travel to Lanarkshire to watch his team shit the bed in a massive cup tie playing with no urgency nor attacking intent. In recent weeks performances like St Mirren 0-2 and last night the abysmal 0-5 against tiny Livingston on the back of the pathetic and spineless semi final and league double header non performance against Celtic. Shameful that we as a fan base are being subjected to this fiasco. The only comfort is that we are seeing the final breaths of a managerial career that will soon be extinguished for good. It can’t come soon enough. 

Edited by magicTs

Bridge of Djoum
1 hour ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

It's hilarious. 

On another thread 

Don't. Just question how bad and empty their lives obviously are.

2 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

A little emptier now after last night's classico.....!!!  

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, Section Q said:

A little emptier now after last night's classico.....!!!  

I hope it all works out well for you.

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

So when the media come calling he should (or the club should) adopt the hun stance with the BBC?

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

It's just more of the same since the days Neilson got us back in the SPL. Players always look decent when they sign then after a couple of months they look dis-interested. For me it's down to bad coaching. Been saying this since 2015. They look like they're getting the football coached out of them and are not allowed to go out and express themselves. We've had a lot of International players at various levels over these years and yet they look poorer than the players the likes of Livingston can afford. Enough is enough, we need a change in the coaching department, time for them all to get out and a new team brought in.

3 hours ago, mitch41 said:

He and his band off bothers are done make it happen Anne

2 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Chek out the match thread, almost every poster said that was the team they would pick before kick off.

Just now, graygo said:

Chek out the match thread, almost every poster said that was the team they would pick before kick off.

I looked at the team he picked and thought it was a good selection. Nice to actually see Garuccio and Mitchell in the same team. We were out-thought, out-played and looked knackered. Bad coaching. Fitness and training is all wrong.

Ricardo Shillyshally
1 hour ago, FERRY HEARTS said:

Why did clare not start ? He had started coming onto a game 

wighton did okay up in Perth ( hasn’t started since  (thats tinkering)

i thought Garuccio and Demi weren’t doing much wrong in first half although Demi was a bit his usual erratic to say the least 

Then he subs Garuccio ?

Wighton was absolutely shite at Perth.

Bridge of Djoum
5 minutes ago, pointon said:

He and his band off bothers are done make it happen Anne

Ok...That's the full MENSA debating team in. Let the conversation begin!

12 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

12 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

That is a matter of opinion mate 

he chased plenty lost causes  which others aren’t 

up there was a result which saw us score 2  goals which got us back to putting ball in net. Then it all starts getting tinkered with is my point !

IMO there ain’t much between McLean and wighton with scoring power but wighton is the younger legs 

3 hours ago, mitch41 said:

If Mitch is still backing the manager then that’s good enough for me. 

The injuries have derailed our season. 

Let’s get behind Levein and the team. 

:robbo:

Pretty sure the players got both barrels last night and will be under no illusions that their futures at the club are on a shoggly peg.

I’m confident we’ll see the right reaction v Aberdeen and we’ll see the players giving everything in the last three games before the break.

3 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Was working until Djoum got sent off and we switched to 3 at the back. I forget how it all panned out with so many quick fire goals, but Garuccio got subbed in between it all, and I just saw Mitchell all over the park after we went to 3 at the back with Hughes towing a jumbo jet.

3 hours ago, 80bob said:

We used to do this when Neison was manager. 

Goodness knows why we've stopped. 

Edited by jambogemz

4 hours ago, amadjambo said:

And the pair of them turned their shorts brown when faced with big physical players. What a pair of shitebags. But they’re all we’ve got thanks to our horrendous recruitment. One day I’m sure we will stumble on a competent left back and winger in the transfer market.

Livingstons players are neither big nor that physical. Both were quiet but weren't doing much wrong. Were you raising these recruitment concerns when we signed Demetri Mitchell? 

3 hours ago, Top Corner said:

The constant tinkering suggests that our priority is what the other team is doing and not what we want to be doing.

I'm pretty sure that's one of McPhee's main jobs, studying the opposition before a game. 

We look to stop threats rather than cause them. 

Did he tinker when we were winning?

2 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

:spoton: and exemplified beautifully below...

2 hours ago, magicTs said:

Another example of a day in the Levein lowlights list. 5000 Hearts fans travel to Lanarkshire to watch his team shit the bed in a massive cup tie playing with no urgency nor attacking intent. In recent weeks performances like St Mirren 0-2 and last night the abysmal 0-5 against tiny Livingston on the back of the pathetic and spineless semi final and league double header non performance against Celtic. Shameful that we as a fan base are being subjected to this fiasco. The only comfort is that we are seeing the final breaths of a managerial career that will soon be extinguished for good. It can’t come soon enough. 

Bridge of Djoum

It's obvious that bitterness extends far further than just Craig Levein. I'd hate to have that level of bile inside me, 

rudi must stay
5 hours ago, mitch41 said:

As another posted said 0% accountability. That is the crux of things, the two roles doesn't work and is farcical in my opinion. Thinking about it it always was, but Ann Budge did a great job saying otherwise. 

13 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Livingstons players are neither big nor that physical. Both were quiet but weren't doing much wrong. Were you raising these recruitment concerns when we signed Demetri Mitchell? 

Not at all. I was delighted when we signed Demi. But he is a shadow of the player he was, even We he arrived this season. That could be down to his confidence being shattered playing at LB every week. Or maybe it’s not.

And Livi are clearly big and physical. Were you not at the game? We were bullied all game. 0-0 flattered us at HT, and most fans around me were commenting that we could have been 2 or 3 down at the break. Garuccio and Mitchell hide when the game is physical. Garuccio at St Mirren away did exactly the same.

2 hours ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Correct! far too many on here clearly don’t watch the same games as me!!

4 hours ago, 80bob said:

Not quite the full story. Our fitness coach spent the 15 minutes making sure Clare was warmed up to come on. Don’t just make things up to suit your argument please.