Where is the line?

Phil Dunphy

GorgieRules22

If we go to Easter Road and turn in a performance that we have done of late then Levein should go. I know he won’t  but my opinion is that he should.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• El Diez

• jack D and coke

• Inch Hearts

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, jb66 said:

I will judge him on a full strength squad

Why? Didn’t he build the squad? And what you really mean is you will judge him on a full strength first XI.

To answer the OP, I will give it to the split and will look for an upturn in our form by then.

Should we finish bottom six then I will get my pitchfork looked out and take my place with the baying crowd.

bringonthesevco
5 minutes ago, jb66 said:

I will judge him on a full strength squad

He personally signed 13 of the players in last nights squad - how about a bit of judging on that ....

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, El Diez said:

:rofl:

If a ‘sound mind’ is wanting Hibs to win the cup, I’ll happily book my appointment at the docs every day of the week.

Playing all the cards the day... 

Bigger fan because you go to away ganes. 

Bigger fan because you hate hibs more than me. 

My god, you are scraping the barrel. 

Aye, because you go to away games and hate hibs more than I hate rangers your opinion is worth more and your a PHM. 

?

5 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Playing all the cards the day... 

Bigger fan because you go to away ganes. 

Bigger fan because you hate hibs more than me. 

My god, you are scraping the barrel. 

Aye, because you go to away games and hate hibs more than I hate rangers your opinion is worth more and your a PHM. 

?

??

Is last night the worst in my living memory. Definitely not. The 7-0 game at Tynecastle, 6-2 at Fester Road, 2-1 to Birkakara or losing 1-0 at home to Forfar Athletic are much worse than last night. 

Has the line been crossed. Not yet. Zero points out our next 3 games and a cup exit to Livi would probably be where I consider the point where there would honestly be no way back for CL. 

We can keep going on about the injury situation but there’s no point. We left ourselves short when Lafferty left by not bringing in another experienced striker or ponying up for Vanacek. Instead we ponied up for a project in Wighton which at the moment is in early development stages (even though it shouldn’t be). McLean wasn’t brought in to lead the line and we’ve now got the St Johnstone McLean. Defensively we had been solid enough without Souttar and Berra. Now Berra is back and we don’t have Dunne. The loss of Naismith however has shown how little creativity or desire we have without him. Lack of creativity and striking options is something that the scattergun recruitment policy we seem to have is something that the buck needs to stop with CL for. 

Progress. Yes some has been made. Getting to a semi has to be seen as progress but recruiting squad type players such as Mulraney, Edwards, Wighton, Amankwaa is not progressing us. Guys like McDonald, Keena, Cochrane and Moore are better than them so why are we spending money on wages to them when we should have been looking at a bit more quality. 

Anything less than 4th place at end of season should be considered a failure and CL should do honourable thing and resign moving to an academy director position to look at recruiting for clubs future and a manager who has complete autonomy with regard to player recruitment and tactics appointed

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Is last night the worst in my living memory. Definitely not. The 7-0 game at Tynecastle, 6-2 at Fester Road, 2-1 to Birkakara or losing 1-0 at home to Forfar Athletic are much worse than last night. 

Has the line been crossed. Not yet. Zero points out our next 3 games and a cup exit to Livi would probably be where I consider the point where there would honestly be no way back for CL. 

We can keep going on about the injury situation but there’s no point. We left ourselves short when Lafferty left by not bringing in another experienced striker or ponying up for Vanacek. Instead we ponied up for a project in Wighton which at the moment is in early development stages (even though it shouldn’t be). McLean wasn’t brought in to lead the line and we’ve now got the St Johnstone McLean. Defensively we had been solid enough without Souttar and Berra. Now Berra is back and we don’t have Dunne. The loss of Naismith however has shown how little creativity or desire we have without him. Lack of creativity and striking options is something that the scattergun recruitment policy we seem to have is something that the buck needs to stop with CL for. 

Progress. Yes some has been made. Getting to a semi has to be seen as progress but recruiting squad type players such as Mulraney, Edwards, Wighton, Amankwaa is not progressing us. Guys like McDonald, Keena, Cochrane and Moore are better than them so why are we spending money on wages to them when we should have been looking at a bit more quality. 

Anything less than 4th place at end of season should be considered a failure and CL should do honourable thing and resign moving to an academy director position to look at recruiting for clubs future and a manager who has complete autonomy with regard to player recruitment and tactics appointed

Quite sensible. 

John mcCartney
1 hour ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Lack of leadership in the last ten games... 

thats right ,from the management
dismantled in glasgow
taken apart in paisley
copped it in livingston

was at the game last night and saw nothing to suggest there is wage earning going on from the dugout,nobody dictating play
and no words of encouragement,guidance,tactics

start off a game well then descend into mediocrity,truly abysmal stuff

cant wait for steven naismith to return

Edited by John mcCartney

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, John mcCartney said:

thats right ,from the management
dismantled in glasgow
taken apart in paisley
copped it in livingston

was at the game last night and saw nothing to suggest there is wage earning going on from the dugout,nobody dictating play
and no words of encouragement,guidance,tactics

start off a game well then descend into mediocrity,truly abysmal stuff

cant wait for steven naismith to return

You've missed my whole post? 

Edited by WeeChuck'sHeed

40 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

That's us now dropped to 5th behind Aberdeen, who have a game in hand (Rangers have 2 and Celtic 3 games in hand) and with a visit to Pittodrie next up a week today. If we don't beat Hamilton at home there is every chance we will be in the bottom 6th come the break. Us and St Johnstone (both -1) are the only teams with a negative goal difference in the top 8. Minging.

Edited by magicTs

3 minutes ago, magicTs said:

That's us now dropped to 5th behind Aberdeen, who have a game in hand (Rangers have 2 and Celtic 3 games in hand) and with a visit to Pittodrie next up a week today. If we don't beat Hamilton at home there is every chance we will be in the bottom 6th come the break. Us and St Johnstone (both -1) are the only teams with a negative goal difference in the top 8. Minging.

Looking at it half glass empty, we could be bottom six before the Hamilton game if we lose to the sheep and Livi and St Johnstone win. Latter playing sevco so maybe not. Still a pretty shit period !

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

Unless you've only started watching recently, that can't be true. 

At 70 minutes we were in the game. Livi had played better but at that point no rational Hearts man would have called it one of the worst performances  they'd seen.

The following 20 minutes was terrible, really bad, but it wasn't representative of the previous 70, it just wasn't 

They where the better team throughout.  The final 20 mins was shambolic.  

What peformance was worse? I genuinely can’t remember one.  To get pumped 5 nil off anyone let alone the old Meadowbank is a complete and utter embarrassment to the football club. 

12 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

They where the better team throughout.  The final 20 mins was shambolic.  

What peformance was worse? I genuinely can’t remember one.  To get pumped 5 nil off anyone let alone the old Meadowbank is a complete and utter embarrassment to the football club. 

There's a big difference between not great and one of the worst you've ever seen though, huge. And that old Meadowbank team has only dropped one point at home to celtic, the rangers, hearts and hibs.

It wasn't great, and the last twenty minutes were awful, but I've seen worse. Jordan and McLean spring to mind!

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

There's a big difference between not great and one of the worst you've ever seen though, huge. And that old Meadowbank team has only dropped one point at home to celtic, the rangers, hearts and hibs.

It wasn't great, and the last twenty minutes were awful, but I've seen worse. Jordan and McLean spring to mind!

I remember the 2-4 v St Johnstone in the lc. 

We were 2-0 up at ht. 

At Tynecastle. 

They were a championship side. 

These threads bring back some shite memories ?

Wrong one ?

Edited by WeeChuck'sHeed

38 minutes ago, Smithee said:

So your going back 25 years then?  I can’t think of one worse defeat, not one.  5 zip at Livingston?  It’s scandalous and not our first pumping recently trebled with a shocking peformance at Barrhead. 

34 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

We were 2-0 up at ht. 

At Tynecastle. 

Wrong one ?

Early in Tommy McLean's reign iirc???

2 hours ago, El Diez said:

If a ‘sound mind’ is wanting Hibs to win the cup, I’ll happily book my appointment at the docs every day of the week.

Worth repeating :thumb:

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Early in Tommy McLean's reign iirc???

Horrific... 

In the Gorgie end,uncovered, standing, freezing.. 

Probably about 5k there. 

Nightmares. 

Edited by WeeChuck'sHeed

Falkirk in the Cup was the only other fisting from minnows I can ever remember.  Manager that day?....

Edited by Inch Hearts

2 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

So your going back 25 years then?  I can’t think of one worse defeat, not one.  5 zip at Livingston?  It’s scandalous and not our first pumping recently trebled with a shocking peformance at Barrhead. 

There's a time limit on what I've ever seen?

It was a shit result, terrible, but nowhere near the worst performance (performance mind, not result) I've ever seen from hearts, not even the worst in the last 5 years.

70 minutes in and we were still in the game.

Don't get me wrong, I get the frustration, we're all hearts fans. But we've definitely performed worse. 

18 minutes ago, Smithee said:

There's a time limit on what I've ever seen?

It was a shit result, terrible, but nowhere near the worst performance (performance mind, not result) I've ever seen from hearts, not even the worst in the last 5 years.

70 minutes in and we were still in the game.

Don't get me wrong, I get the frustration, we're all hearts fans. But we've definitely performed worse. 

What’s worse in the last 5 years than 5 nil to Livingston ffs?  There’s no limit but the fact you have to go back mid 90s to think of one off the top of your head tells its own story.

Nothing under Cathro was worse than last night, in the game perhaps but still all over the shop before 70 mins, then the worst capitulation there must have been in our history.  

20 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

What’s worse in the last 5 years than 5 nil to Livingston ffs?  There’s no limit but the fact you have to go back mid 90s to think of one off the top of your head tells its own story.

Nothing under Cathro was worse than last night, in the game perhaps but still all over the shop before 70 mins, then the worst capitulation there must have been in our history.  

What was a worse performance? 4 years ago against celtic if you want an extreme that springs to mind. I know it's very faint praise to say "well at least it's not as bad as that game" but all I'm saying is that it was a worse performance, 7 going on 12. I don't see how anyone could argue with that tbh.

I'd say there were worse overall performances under Cathro too but it's subjective of course.

The capitulation in the last twenty minutes was worrying, the result was terrible, but the overall performance (which is what we're talking about) wasn't one of the worst I've ever seen

1 hour ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

We were 2-0 up at ht. 

At Tynecastle. 

Wrong one ?

Tommy Harrison subbed on and subbed off half an hour later.  That was painful.

33 minutes ago, Smithee said:

What was a worse performance? 4 years ago against celtic if you want an extreme that springs to mind. I know it's very faint praise to say "well at least it's not as bad as that game" but all I'm saying is that it was a worse performance, 7 going on 12. I don't see how anyone could argue with that tbh.

I'd say there were worse overall performances under Cathro too but it's subjective of course.

The capitulation in the last twenty minutes was worrying, the result was terrible, but the overall performance (which is what we're talking about) wasn't one of the worst I've ever seen

I know I replied to you earlier about the overall performance....

However.

I genuinely wonder what your reaction to the performance would be, had the shot that hit the post been 2 inches to the left and the sitter missed soon after been added to the 5 scored in the second half.

Thats how close we were to the worst result in our history.

5 minutes ago, El Diez said:

I know I replied to you earlier about the overall performance....

However.

I genuinely wonder what your reaction to the performance would be, had the shot that hit the post been 2 inches to the left and the sitter missed soon after been added to the 5 scored in the second half.

Thats how close we were to the worst result in our history.

Result and performance aren't the same, simple as that.

As I said before, the collapse was worrying, but if I'd stopped watching after 70 minutes and my mate asked "was that one of the worst performances you've ever seen?" I'd laugh and say "not even close"

The fact we collapsed after that doesn't change the 70 minutes that went before. It wasn't great but we were in the game up to the penalty. 

As I've also said above though, it was a terrible result and an awful collapse. 

4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Result and performance aren't the same, simple as that.

As I said before, the collapse was worrying, but if I'd stopped watching after 70 minutes and my mate asked "was that one of the worst performances you've ever seen?" I'd laugh and say "not even close"

The fact we collapsed after that doesn't change the 70 minutes that went before. It wasn't great but we were in the game up to the penalty. 

As I've also said above though, it was a terrible result and an awful collapse. 

70 minutes were awful. That those 70 minutes were similar to what we often produce doesn’t make them any less awful.

20 minutes were the worst I’ve ever witnessed.

Overall it was a horrendous performance/result and the worst since Brockville.

Edited by El Diez

4 minutes ago, El Diez said:

70 minutes were awful. That those 70 minutes were similar to what we often produce doesn’t make them any less awful.

20 minutes were the worst I’ve ever witnessed.

Overall it was a horrendous performance/result and the worst since Brockville.

Cool, but the post I originally disagreed with said the performance was one of the worst ever seen, not the last twenty minutes. I still don't agree, I've explained why, others have disagreed. That's fine, it's a forum, we don't all need to agree on something so subjective.

I seem to remember a cold October night in 1978  when Meadowbank Thistle beat us 3-1 in the East of Scotland Shield at Tynecastle. 

Meadowbank were effectively Ferranti Thistle,  the spawn of a factory team. We were Heart of Midlothian a proud successful longstanding professional team.

It felt like a total humiliation to lose to such a diddy club.

Last night was bad but Meadowbank have come a long way since their humble beginnings and I suppose they deserve credit for what they are currently achieving. 

8 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

I seem to remember a cold October night in 1978  when Meadowbank Thistle beat us 3-1 in the East of Scotland Shield at Tynecastle. 

Meadowbank were effectively Ferranti Thistle,  the spawn of a factory team. We were Heart of Midlothian a proud successful longstanding professional team.

It felt like a total humiliation to lose to such a diddy club.

Last night was bad but Meadowbank have come a long way since their humble beginnings and I suppose they deserve credit for what they are currently achieving. 

They only became Meadowbank in 73 or 74 I think when they joined the league wasn't it?

Off topic a bit, but the whole former works team thing is pretty interesting, much bigger clubs than Livi have come out of them. West Ham were originally Thames Ironworks' works team for example, while further afield PSV Eindhoven were originally Philips Sport Vereniging, the Philips works team.

Edited by Smithee

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Tommy Harrison subbed on and subbed off half an hour later.  That was painful.

Saved the pk as well, before the collapse. Deary me. 

Loved Stevie frail, really good player. 

Scored the best goal (or second) I've seen live-i n a friendly v morton. 

5 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Good point, as usual from you. 

Thanks, glad you agree that you constantly trot out the same old regurgitated pish.

Hope Santa’s good to you.

6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

They only became Meadowbank in 73 or 74 I think when they joined the league wasn't it?

Off topic a bit, but the whole former works team thing is pretty interesting, much bigger clubs than Livi have come out of them. West Ham were originally Thames Ironworks' works team for example, while further afield PSV Eindhoven were originally Philips Sport Vereniging, the Philips works team.

You are probably right about when they changed name, but they were viewed I suppose like Edinburgh City are now. 

I actually went down to Meadowbank a few times when Hearts were off or away (as did quite a few other Jambos) but I suppose I had a bit of a patronising attitude to them in reality. Hence the competitive game they actually dared to beat us in came as a bit of a shock!! 

They really had a piss poor support then and to be honest it's just never taken off for them. 

Their current success is a minor miracle considering their resources. I do think they are riding their luck a bit though as they seem to have a very settled team without injury problems. 

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

Celtic was bad I’ll give you that one.  Last night was more shameful though considering the circumstances too. 

Brighton Jambo
7 hours ago, bringonthesevco said:

How long do you think that calling people  “pantwetters” is acceptable before you accept something is wrong ..  levein signed 8 of the starting 11 and 5 of the subs who produced one of the most spineless displays in a long long time .

He also signed 8/9 midfield / wide players - all fit , yet not one of them offers anything decent going forward ..

if all that and 1 win in 10 makes me a pantwetter in your mature opinion then so be it ..

I apologise for the name calling it was, as you say, immature.

i truly believe if you want Craig Levein sacked after our overall season so far you aren’t a real fan and have an agenda. 

4 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Horrific... 

In the Gorgie end,uncovered, standing, freezing.. 

Probably about 5k there. 

Nightmares. 

Yes, it certainly was. I remember being in the Wheatfield that night, I think it must have been the first season it opened. Craig Nelson? Enough said?

1 hour ago, stuart500 said:

You are probably right about when they changed name, but they were viewed I suppose like Edinburgh City are now. 

I actually went down to Meadowbank a few times when Hearts were off or away (as did quite a few other Jambos) but I suppose I had a bit of a patronising attitude to them in reality. Hence the competitive game they actually dared to beat us in came as a bit of a shock!! 

They really had a piss poor support then and to be honest it's just never taken off for them. 

Their current success is a minor miracle considering their resources. I do think they are riding their luck a bit though as they seem to have a very settled team without injury problems. 

Remember when Meadowbank played Rangers at Tynie in, if irc, a League Cup Semi?? Think it was 1984 or 85.

Perhaps it's time for Mrs Budge to Consider moving Craig 'upstairs' once again to his previous position as she obviously trusts him as her 'football adviser' I don't think I would be happy with any of the present coaching staff getting the manager's job, it would be interesting to see just who would apply and I would hope that a certain Mr Clarke would show interest.

EastSideJambo
4 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

Nothing under Cathro was anywhere close to that bad 

If that result had happened under Cathro we would have been thirsting first change. Because it's Oor Craig latitude is extended for some reason 

He gets a very easy ride from many of our fans for some reason 

13 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

He will get the whole season. Lets see what happens when we get the key players back and dont have to rely on bench warmers as starters. When we lost Uche then naismith I knew we'd struggle but just had to somehow cling on. 

That said, the line will be crossed if the players perform like they did last night in the derby match. There will be no coming back.

Exactly where I'm at - said last year I wanted to give him all of this season - saw a lot of good things at the start of the season - obviously this run has been utterly disappointing but I want to see what happens in the last part of this season

if we get our key players back and we start to perform well again next year then for me this just vindicates the theory that if we only have a strategy at the club to play one style then we need to make sure moving forward we have the right type of players in reserve that can come in and perform if we have injuries 

that said if we don't get any consistency and traction from where we are now then decisions have to be made 

I just want what's best for my club but I think my first point is the right point but of true CL needs to adapt and as said make sure he has the right players backed up to back up the first team as it will only be a matter of fact time before it happens again - also the players need to stand up and show a bit of character now

9 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

Nothing under Cathro was anywhere close to that bad 

If that result had happened under Cathro we would have been thirsting first change. Because it's Oor Craig latitude is extended for some reason 

He gets a very easy ride from many of our fans for some reason 

Seen some grim games under the wee guy. The Cup replay at Easter Rd, closely followed by the Partick away game, was grim viewing. 

Levein got it tight at the end of the Thistle game as well. Could be argued it was a worse period. It felt like it !

EastSideJambo
4 minutes ago, Boab said:

Seen some grim games under the wee guy. The Cup replay at Easter Rd, closely followed by the Partick away game, was grim viewing. 

Levein got it tight at the end of the Thistle game as well. Could be argued it was a worse period. It felt like it !

The cup replay under Cathro was a true low. Midfield was ****ing stinking that night. Complete change of personnel since yet still entirely devoid of the same necessary components 

Unbelievable 

3 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

The cup replay under Cathro was a true low. Midfield was ****ing stinking that night. Complete change of personnel since yet still entirely devoid of the same necessary components 

Unbelievable 

It was cuckoo under the wee guy.

Earlier the same month from those games we thumped sevco midweek and beat Motherwell away 3 zip. It was a crazy month.

Up and doon like a hoor's drawers !

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yes, it certainly was. I remember being in the Wheatfield that night, I think it must have been the first season it opened. Craig Nelson? Enough said?

Doesn't  excuse last night, shambolic. But maybe gives a little perspective of what is a shite result and the worst ever results. 

?

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, EastSideJambo said:

Unbelievable 

Not quite, Djoum played that night and Hughes should’ve been emptied along with Tzolis etc.

EastSideJambo
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not quite, Djoum played that night and Hughes should’ve been emptied along with Tzolis etc.

Did Djoum play? I recall watching Walker trying to foul McGinn and he couldn't even catch him to foul him! Kitchen and Tziolis along with Martin were a ****ing disgrace 

Young Rory Currie came on and put others around him to shame.  It was a ****ing horror show 

As was the shite under Levein twice last season I should add 

Edited by EastSideJambo