Where is the line?

Phil Dunphy

1 hour ago, amadjambo said:

This Hearts team is more than capable of repeating last night’s performance in the Derby. Bunch of imposters and cowards. Our only hope is that Naismith will be back and can somehow turn it around.

This, sadly. Hibs will score, will we? Hope I’m wrong but I doubt it. And the fact we’re relying on SN returning says it all about us really.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• El Diez

• jack D and coke

• Inch Hearts

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

As some posters have already intimated, Ann Budge is not a football person and, as such, relies on Levein as DOF.  He, in turn, delegates the coaching to Daly and MacPhee before taking over at the end of the week.That structure  is at the root of our problems. 

She has to appoint a football person, a Campbell Ogilvie type, in a COE role and revert to a Chairman role herself. Ditch the DOF, the role and the person, and appoint a decent manager with full autonomy for the first team, recruitment etc.Levein has been kicking about the club, off and on, for 35 years now and imo, his methods and signings are holding the club back. We have been missing a LB along with pace, creativity and width in the team, for several years. The football is slow, ponderous and turgid to watch. We need major changes now.

But only 2 months ago we looked as if we would score every time we went up the park.

Gashauskis post earlier is by far and away the most intelligent. 

With Naismith title race form without relegation. 

Yes we have been unlucky but yes we can't rely on one person. 

End of the season for me take stock March end and be ready to change if things are not in order. Changing now is not the time. We need Naismith and the 2 are intrinsically linked for this season anyhow 

Bazzas right boot

The line is v last season. 

We need continuous Improvement, and atm we have that. 

Improved lc- check

Improved league position--check. 

Getting sacked when improving from last year is just not an option. 

If this form continues after Jan and we drop, plans should be made for changes in the summer. 

It won't, we'll have our best players back and more forward options so will improve. I'd bet anyone that. 

We should also only change if we can do better - remember the same posters celebrating rn leaving and Cathro arriving ??, if these posters haven't learned, the club will at least have. 

Come the derby, it's lennons job on the line, not Craigs. 

EastSideJambo
4 minutes ago, smiler said:

This, sadly. Hibs will score, will we? Hope I’m wrong but I doubt it. And the fact we’re relying on SN returning says it all about us really.

This is what it's come down to - we desperately need the return of a loanee.  One who we evidently can't afford and require outside intervention in order to pay him.

Our captain is now back and last night was a disgrace even with him on the pitch. When you can go to St Mirren and lose, when everyone was beating them before and since, and then go to Livvy and lose 5 it starts to look like a big problem is emerging 

That starting line up last night contained 8 players signed by Levein. Morrison came through the ranks and the other two - Smith and Djoum have arrived on his watch. This is undeniably his team 

Infrastructure should have been in place following promotion to improve year on year. We clearly can't say that we've improved in each of the 4 years since. It's just a complete shambles and Craig Levein is presiding over it 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

But only 2 months ago we looked as if we would score every time we went up the park.

Gashauskis post earlier is by far and away the most intelligent. 

With Naismith title race form without relegation. 

Yes we have been unlucky but yes we can't rely on one person. 

End of the season for me take stock March end and be ready to change if things are not in order. Changing now is not the time. We need Naismith and the 2 are intrinsically linked for this season anyhow 

Nah, if we had DV and ulche but no Naismith we'd be better. 

It's a cumulative effect, ulche, then Naismith, Lafferty leaving no DV until Jan. 

Then Berra, followed by Souttar, followed by Dunne, then yesterday followed by Dikamona. 

This on top of Djoum missing the first part and Haring carrying a hernia. 

Not too mention the replacements Wighton and Clare being out for a year and a half between them. 

The injuries, at the same time have been horrible and derailed the season for a while. 

With Naismith, in about 1st if celtic continued their form. 

Without him but with some others 2nd-4th.

We wouldn't be in a relegation battle with this team minus Naismith. 

We also wouldn't have been top, tho. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

This is what it's come down to - we desperately need the return of a loanee.  One who we evidently can't afford and require outside intervention in order to pay him.

Our captain is now back and last night was a disgrace even with him on the pitch. When you can go to St Mirren and lose, when everyone was beating them before and since, and then go to Livvy and lose 5 it starts to look like a big problem is emerging 

That starting line up last night contained 8 players signed by Levein. Morrison came through the ranks and the other two - Smith and Djoum have arrived on his watch. This is undeniably his team 

Infrastructure should have been in place following promotion to improve year on year. We clearly can't say that we've improved in each of the 4 years since. It's just a complete shambles and Craig Levein is presiding over it 

Aye, we've not improved since CL came in. 

My god, this is gold. 

After a poor result or form, and you gain support, your posts become more and more surreal. 

I imagine you getting physically excited at times like this. 

jack D and coke
Just now, jambogaza said:

As I have said already, defeat to Aberdeen and hibs would be unacceptable and worthy of a sacking.

There is no way on earth we’ll win at Aberdeen. Not entirely sure what occurs when the bus leaves Tynecastle but the players look sapped of everything that resembles decent footballers. We make simple skills and passes look incredibly difficult.

I can maybe see us grinding out a horrific 1-0 defeat at best. 

EastSideJambo
1 minute ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Aye, we've not improved since CL came in. 

My god, this is gold. 

After a poor result or form, and you gain support, your posts become more and more surreal. 

I imagine you getting physically excited at times like this. 

Pop me on ignore and spare everyone 

He's presiding over failure 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, EastSideJambo said:

Pop me on ignore and spare everyone 

He's presiding over failure 

I actually imagine you shaking with excitement as we collapsed, thinking, yes, my chance. 

Not a coincidence you are quiet when we are winning and most vocal in defeat. 

I'd have ignored you earlier, but I find your posts fascinating. 

Feel free to ignore me, tho. 

It doesn’t matter when a line is crossed he simply won’t be sacked.

Teams have worked out how to play us.  Uche causes panic and Naismith is first class the rest are pap after the back 3. 

5 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

I actually imagine you shaking with excitement as we collapsed, thinking, yes, my chance. 

Not a coincidence you are quiet when we are winning and most vocal in defeat. 

I'd have ignored you earlier, but I find your posts fascinating. 

Feel free to ignore me, tho. 

Whats yohe opinion on our most humiliating defeat in the last 20 years at least? 

Next 4 games. 

Aberdeen A 

Hamilton H 

Hibs A 

Livi H Scottish cup  

Make or break season - dependant on how these go should tell us where the line is.

Gordon Ramsay

Lines been crossed.

We have been woeful for weeks and he has been covering it up with excuses about injuries and referees.

Just **** off Levein and take the shite you continue to sign with you.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Inch Hearts said:

Whats yohe opinion on our most humiliating defeat in the last 20 years at least? 

Feelings clear on other threads, Peterhead knocking us out the lc just last year blows it out the water. 

I think I gave about 25 worse results in my lifetime, that was off the top of my head as well

That last night was a complete car crash and it’s absolutely unacceptable from anyone wearing maroon! I’ve seen us beat loads of times by teams we should be beating (not sure livi would fall into that category on that pitch) but Cathro aside I can’t recall under any other manager see us collapse in such a manner for a very long time.

Now Craig Levein must step up and be the manager I think he is, not one of those players should have left livi last night certain of their future at tynecastle and in our next game they better go out and leave everything they have on that pitch, if they don’t Levein has problems! 

I beleive in Levein to turn this round, but he needs to be sure in himself he’s ready for this because that is a group of players who look like they’re getting away with substandard performances and are lost without Naismith Berra and Ikpeazu on the pitch at the same time.

18 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

There is no way on earth we’ll win at Aberdeen. Not entirely sure what occurs when the bus leaves Tynecastle but the players look sapped of everything that resembles decent footballers. We make simple skills and passes look incredibly difficult.

I can maybe see us grinding out a horrific 1-0 defeat at best. 

Would you agree defeats in both those games is worthy of considering changing manager?

28 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

Can’t see how anyone can argue any of your points there mate. 

queensferryjambo
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

He isn't leaving before the end of the season. 

If ever. 

I know people think Craig is untouchable but lose to Aberdeen, Hibs and don't win against Hamilton and his jacket is on a shoogly peg.

If those games go badly and Livi put us out the cup in January then I would say he will be off.

I am obviously looking for decent results and Craig to stay with Naismith, Uche and Souttar coming back for a good second half to the season though.

1 hour ago, bringonthesevco said:

Madness ? As is a refusal to accept that anything’s actually wrong , yip it’s all just injuries and referees.... , we signed a load of duds in the summer - we need to accept that and the fact we need to move loads of them on and attempt to rebuild the midfield again - only question is whether that’s with this manager or not ....

The first part of my post accepted that there is something wrong. We have been terrible recently. But you cannot ignore the bad luck that has gone against us.

You cant just sack the manager as soon as things start to look bad. We were brilliant for the first 2 months of the season and I am confident we will be able to recreate that going into the second half of the season.

3 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

I know people think Craig is untouchable but lose to Aberdeen, Hibs and don't win against Hamilton and his jacket is on a shoogly peg.

If those games go badly and Livi put us out the cup in January then I would say he will be off.

I am obviously looking for decent results and Craig to stay with Naismith, Uche and Souttar coming back for a good second half to the season though.

Off as in off?

Or off as in back upstairs?

Edited by smiler

jack D and coke
12 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

Would you agree defeats in both those games is worthy of considering changing manager?

It would be difficult to argue against it yeah. The performances of late have utterly abject culminating with that shitcake of a show last night. 

queensferryjambo
1 minute ago, smiler said:

Off as in off?

Or off as in back upstairs?

I mean off as in Adios Amigo.

I don't think there is an option for Craig to go back upstairs unless Hearts get in a top class manager who is willing to work with a Director of football. Good managers with experience tend to want to be their own man so highly unlikely if results go badly that Craig will survive.

As I say though I want Craig to do well and want results to turn around.

1 hour ago, Top Corner said:

How long would a Rangers or Celtic manager last after that result?

Brendan Rodgers is still at Celtic after a 4-0 humping from us last season is he not?

1 minute ago, graygo said:

Brendan Rodgers is still at Celtic after a 4-0 humping from us last season is he not?

Yeah, but his record was immaculate up until that game and we're not Livi.

22 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Feelings clear on other threads, Peterhead knocking us out the lc just last year blows it out the water. 

I think I gave about 25 worse results in my lifetime, that was off the top of my head as well

Last night was far worse than Peterhead, a pre-season LC game in effect. Cup games at home always afford small teams a chance of a scalp. I remember us struggling up at Brechin in 85, we lost to Montrose at home in 86 in the LC and we really struggled against Auchinleck at home in 2012. Had CL been in charge against Peterhead the defeat would have been dismissed as a blip. I don't understand posters still losing their shit over a last minute single goal defeat up there, especially after last nights defeat which is up there as one of the worst defeats I can remember. 

6 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

Yeah, but his record was immaculate up until that game and we're not Livi.

The question was would any old firm manager survive a result like last nght, my answer was correct.

jack D and coke
9 minutes ago, graygo said:

I think 7 domestic trophy’s on the bounce kinda nullifies that line of argument mate, spending gap or not.  

As good as it was we all know it was an utter freak of a result that we likely won’t see again in our lives. 

Just now, graygo said:

The question was would any old firm manager survive a result like last nght, my answer was correct.

Haha, well give yourself a pat on the back.

33 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Peterhead did not knock us out the cup last season, in fact it was the2-2 draw with Dunfermline that caused our exit, had we defeated the Pars we would have comfortably won the section 

6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I think 7 domestic trophy’s on the bounce kinda nullifies that line of argument mate, spending gap or not.  

As good as it was we all know it was an utter freak of a result that we likely won’t see again in our lives. 

I don't thik Livi will ever beat us 5-0 again, if they do though............

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, graygo said:

I don't thik Livi will ever beat us 5-0 again, if they do though............

Livi might not but we have to suffer pish like losing to a god awful sides like St Mirren and far too regular pitiful performances any side of gogar roundabout. 

Edited by jack D and coke

41 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Losing narrowly, fluke to Peterhead is nowhere near as bad as being absolutely hammered off a franchise just promoted.

i would love to hear your 25 also please? 

5 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Peterhead did not knock us out the cup last season, in fact it was the2-2 draw with Dunfermline that caused our exit, had we defeated the Pars we would have comfortably won the section 

And to think, you’re debating with a poster who accuses others of making stuff up to suit an agenda.

Irony overload.

On topic - as said, another poor performance at Easter Rd which ends in defeat will see a lot of fans turn.

I’m honestly unsure whether CL could survive that.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Inch Hearts said:

Losing narrowly, fluke to Peterhead is nowhere near as bad as being absolutely hammered off a franchise just promoted.

i would love to hear your 25 also please? 

On another thread. 

Getting knocked out the lc by a team  2 divisions below, who are part time is far worse than a scudding from a team in the same division. Not even debating that. 

Anyway, I've covered that. It's depressing so not going over it again. 

We are 4th in a tight league, lots of good players coming back. 

Once December is gone, lots to look forward too. 

jack D and coke
Just now, El Diez said:

On topic - as said, another poor performance at Easter Rd which ends in defeat will see a lot of fans turn.

I’m honestly unsure whether CL could survive that.

Can you honestly see anything else? We’re absolutely alex totten away from Tynecastle. We can only hope for horrendously eye bleeding goalless draws at Pittodrie and Easter Road. A heavy one to hibs and Levein is toast. 

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

The result effectively knock us out. 

My point still stands, it was still more embarrassing than last night. 

Infact, maybe add the 2-2 v Dunfermline on my list as well as another result worse than last nights ?

So there's two results from last season alone., cheers. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, El Diez said:

And to think, you’re debating with a poster who accuses others of making stuff up to suit an agenda.

Irony overload.

Ok, add the 2-2 to the worst results than last night as well, then. 

There's two results in the past season alone worse than last night. 

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Would you take a draw & a good performance?

I would, considering the last few weeks & performances. And the last few efforts over the years by us.

Don't think Zlamal will be playing in the Derby...

Yes, I would.

Just now, jack D and coke said:

Can you honestly see anything else? We’re absolutely alex totten away from Tynecastle. We can only hope for horrendously eye bleeding goalless draws at Pittodrie and Easter Road. A heavy one to hibs and Levein is toast. 

We can hope there is a reaction to last night. Part of me wishes it was Hibs before Aberdeen.

Ultimately though, the next 2 weeks are now huge for CL.

Just now, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

2-2 draw to Dunfermline was worse than last night?

Complete and utter nonsense.

Youve chucked it, Chuck.

2 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

:lol:  clearly at the wind up. 

Other than one or two ‘highlights’  here and there e.g. 4-0 v Celtic and the 6/7 games at the start of this season (although some of them we were poor but won or drew e.g. Killie away, Motherwell away) we have been murder since we gained enough points to come up! How we finished 3rd that year is anybody’s guess! The common denominator is CL! He still looks and sounds as if he doesn’t want to be there and appears to be delegating more and more decision making to one or more of our many coaches via the constant 3/4 way discussions about tactics, subs etc. Time for him to go!

1 hour ago, cjw87 said:

Our form has been abysmal and last night was an embarrassment, but we have had absolutely no luck over the last 2 months. Injuries, dodgy refereeing decisions and perfectly good goals chalked off. If even a couple of those decisions had gone our way we would be sitting top of the league. Even the best of teams have poor spells but still pick up points by riding a bit of luck.

If we are still playing this bad when we have our best players back then I will be worried, but to call for levein's head this now is madness.

We've been systematically destroyed by injury and then game after game refereeing decisions, which have contributed massively and eroded the confidence from the start of the season.

The second yellow card last night for Djoum, after the referee betrayed his agenda by trying to send off Zlamal for a single yellow, is transparent. He had every intention of sending someone off. These decisions week in week out have altered our season, no question. 

That in no way exonerates the team's performance yesterday, even if we were unjustifiably reduced to 10 men. In those circumstances, you roll up the ****ing sleeves and adopt a belligerent attitude. Many times 10 man sides take umbrage at their misfortune and go on to win or defy the opposition. 

Us? Rolled over to be tickled, against ****ing Ferranti Thistle on a rubber carpet in a joke named stadium. 

The line, I'd suggest, is if Levein fails to rectify this situation. Simple as that. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, El Diez said:

2-2 draw to Dunfermline was worse than last night?

Complete and utter nonsense.

Youve chucked it, Chuck.

It put us out the cup, v a lower league team, at home. 

Much worse than a league defeat, one with ten men. 

League defeats happen, some worse than others. 3 points lost, mice on. 

Out the cup, ****ed til next year. V a lower league team, at home - embarrassing.