Where is the line?

Phil Dunphy

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

Did Djoum play? I recall watching Walker trying to foul McGinn and he couldn't even catch him to foul him! Kitchen and Tziolis along with Martin were a ****ing disgrace 

Young Rory Currie came on and put others around him to shame.  It was a ****ing horror show 

As was the shite under Levein twice last season I should add 

Yeah he was in midfield with Martin, Tzolis, Kitchen and Walker. Currie was good when he came on. A horrible night. Last season was no better, same formation twice and identical performances and defeats.

A26F21B5-16B8-4ECB-8672-673445B5386F.png

Edited by Pasquale for King

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• El Diez

• jack D and coke

• Inch Hearts

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

EastSideJambo
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah he was in midfield with Martin, Tzolis, Kitchen and Walker. Currie was good when he came on. A horrible night. Last season was no better, same formation twice and identical performances and defeats.

A26F21B5-16B8-4ECB-8672-673445B5386F.png

What a ****ing depressing line up. Two years on its still ****ing dugshit 

That's progress I guess 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

What a ****ing depressing line up. Two years on its still ****ing dugshit 

That's progress I guess 

Take Naismith,Berra Souttar/Dunne out our team and is it any better now in all fairness?

Edited by Pasquale for King

EastSideJambo
19 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Take Naismith,Berra Souttar/Dunne out our team and is it any better now in all fairness?

It's arguably weaker in some areas. We need a quality midfielder urgently. We are also short of quality in fullback areas 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, EastSideJambo said:

It's arguably weaker in some areas. We need a quality midfielder urgently. We are also short of quality in fullback areas 

Isma scored more goals than Uche/Wighton/Maclean put together. Tzolis better than Lee or Kitchen better than Bozanic, Walker better than what we have in wide areas, Struna better than Smith, Sowah as poor as what we have now? Scary stuff really.

bringonthesevco
10 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I apologise for the name calling it was, as you say, immature.

i truly believe if you want Craig Levein sacked after our overall season so far you aren’t a real fan and have an agenda. 

Love the way people think you can judge who is a real fan and who isn’t based on a few posts .... I just want what’s best for Hearts and don’t believe that’s Levein ....

if someone sat sat and worked out how much cash has gone on players he either sanctioned when DoF or has directly wasted on players then we’d all be absolutely horrified.  Yes we’ve had bad injuries but only really to 4 players we signed about 15 in the summer , 9 midfield/wide players and not a creative mind between them - that’s just horrific ...

Being a PHM only cuts him so much slack and in my opinion that’s gone ...

Note - for the record , not a bit of personal abuse in my response just a thought through argument - anyone with a different opinion (which we’re all entitled to) please try and stick to this ...

7 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Isma scored more goals than Uche/Wighton/Maclean put together. Tzolis better than Lee or Kitchen better than Bozanic, Walker better than what we have in wide areas, Struna better than Smith, Sowah as poor as what we have now? Scary stuff really.

Tziolis is not better than Lee. Reputation-wise, yeah but zero effort. Smith is better than Struna and Sowah is not a footballer. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Tziolis is not better than Lee. Reputation-wise, yeah but zero effort. Smith is better than Struna and Sowah is not a footballer. 

Look at the careers both of those players have, not suited to our game but they have done more than Lee or Neilson, sorry Smith will or ever have done. Sowah yes but are the two we have currently that much better?  You have to agree the comparison between the two teams doesn’t look good for CL?

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Look at the careers both of those players have, not suited to our game but they have done more than Lee or Neilson, sorry Smith will or ever have done. Sowah yes but are the two we have currently that much better?  You have to agree the comparison between the two teams doesn’t look good for CL?

Yeah but I was basing it on how they played for us. 

That midfield at easter Road was powder puff. Painful. 

Pasquale for King
34 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Yeah but I was basing it on how they played for us. 

That midfield at easter Road was powder puff. Painful. 

Indeed it was, a painful experience at a ground that has so many great memories.

Oh god, nowhere near the line. We’ve had a horrible month or two with some of the worst refereeing decisions (at crucial points in games) that I’ve ever seen, a host of serious injuries to key players in key positions including our completely indispensable captain, a few other players who are in recovery from injuries and didn’t have great pre-seasons, another few who are playing with injuries, and a manager who ended up having a serious health issue while we were riding high. 

I’ve seen people go on about how we shouldn’t use this stuff as “excuses” and frankly, it’s mental. They’re solid reasons. Also, other teams have stepped up their game as well, we don’t exist in a bubble. 

Friday night was a very sore one to take on the back of a disappointing few weeks, and probably feels even worse after the season started with such massive potential. When things were good, that squad looked good, and we were happy enough with it iirc. I’m looking forward to seeing what happens when we get it back together early in the new year but in the meantime it would be excellent if we could please please hold it together over Christmas. I don’t think I can take another assault on the soul like Friday. 

6 hours ago, bringonthesevco said:

Love the way people think you can judge who is a real fan and who isn’t based on a few posts .... I just want what’s best for Hearts and don’t believe that’s Levein ....

if someone sat sat and worked out how much cash has gone on players he either sanctioned when DoF or has directly wasted on players then we’d all be absolutely horrified.  Yes we’ve had bad injuries but only really to 4 players we signed about 15 in the summer , 9 midfield/wide players and not a creative mind between them - that’s just horrific ...

Being a PHM only cuts him so much slack and in my opinion that’s gone ...

Note - for the record , not a bit of personal abuse in my response just a thought through argument - anyone with a different opinion (which we’re all entitled to) please try and stick to this ...

Great post.

Midfield is awful, where are our skilful, box to box midfielders, who chip in with a barrowload of goals.

Too many below average players who are not remotely good enough to win silverware for Hearts.

How can our intelligent, knowledgeable, experienced manager, think that continuing to play Steven Maclean up front is effective and working. What the hell does he see, it’s like playing with ten men.

He he would be better throwing in an untried youngster than playing him, he would even get more playing our coach Jon Daly up front! - it’s quite staggering really.

jack D and coke
17 minutes ago, jockmac said:

Great post.

Midfield is awful, where are our skilful, box to box midfielders, who chip in with a barrowload of goals.

Too many below average players who are not remotely good enough to win silverware for Hearts.

How can our intelligent, knowledgeable, experienced manager, think that continuing to play Steven Maclean up front is effective and working. What the hell does he see, it’s like playing with ten men.

He he would be better throwing in an untried youngster than playing him, he would even get more playing our coach Jon Daly up front! - it’s quite staggering really.

Yeah I’m here too what the **** is he doing persisting with MacLean :facepalm:he’s absolutely pish. It really appears to be playing with 10 men right from the off. 

Brauhauser2012

Anyone thought that John Murray may not be up to the chief scouting role anymore? Martin, Oshinawa, Amankwaa, Dauda, Mulraney, Clare, Avionitis, Watt, Salmon, Stockton, Grezelak, Zanatta, Smith-Brown, Buaben, Noring, Sowah, Choulay. I'm sure others could name other signings that have under-performed.

Captain Canada

The line could be us heading into the winter break as low as 8th in the league and with just one win in however many matches. 

Hopefully last Friday was a one-off and we can put it right in our next three games.

42 minutes ago, Brauhauser2012 said:

Anyone thought that John Murray may not be up to the chief scouting role anymore? Martin, Oshinawa, Amankwaa, Dauda, Mulraney, Clare, Avionitis, Watt, Salmon, Stockton, Grezelak, Zanatta, Smith-Brown, Buaben, Noring, Sowah, Choulay. I'm sure others could name other signings that have under-performed.

I'm sure we changed our scouting process, I think before this season we had been going down a very value driven stats based approach hence so many foreign players then Cathro happened, the fans blew a lid on foreign players who clearly don't give a **** about the club or fan expectations and then we adopted a more UK based approach. 

I do think some fresh faces in the coaching department may not be the worst thing As you've pointed out thats a lot of failure. I'd actually forgotten about Grezelak... :D

3 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

I haven’t read the whole thread so don’t know if it’s been answered.

But who is replacing him? 

Either have I, is he leaving / has he left?

The reality is that the next 3 games are irrelevant in terms of 'the line'.   Judgement time will be February \ March when hopefully we will have a fully fit squad and back playing the sort of football that had most on here happy.  

FWIW, I think it’s time for him to go. He and the team did fantastically well up until the end of October, but we’ve badly fallen away since Naismith got injured. The injuries excuse can only get you so far when you bring in as many players as he has and they just aren’t up to scratch. 

There hasn’t been a noticeable improvement on performances from last season. Barring the fact we now can’t defend for shit. Constantly lose the midfield battle, don’t create chances to score, let ourselves be bullied at the back. We’re just as gutless as we were 12 months ago. He’s brought in all these players and they’re not doing the business. 

He’s got lucky with the recent refereeing debacle, as it’s taken the focus off the utterly eye bleeding football we’re being forced to endure. Created nothing against 10 man Rangers, were dreadful against St Johnstone and just as bad against Motherwell (albeit we defended well that day). Can I see us getting anything from Pittodrie on Saturday? No. Hamilton at home? Not sure. Hibs away? No chance. We’re becoming too sentimental. Not doing the business? Then we’ll find someone who will. 

I’m worried about all the people who seem to believe that we’ll just go back to smashing teams once Naismith is back. 

5 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

FWIW, I think it’s time for him to go. He and the team did fantastically well up until the end of October, but we’ve badly fallen away since Naismith got injured. The injuries excuse can only get you so far when you bring in as many players as he has and they just aren’t up to scratch. 

There hasn’t been a noticeable improvement on performances from last season. Barring the fact we now can’t defend for shit. Constantly lose the midfield battle, don’t create chances to score, let ourselves be bullied at the back. We’re just as gutless as we were 12 months ago. He’s brought in all these players and they’re not doing the business. 

He’s got lucky with the recent refereeing debacle, as it’s taken the focus off the utterly eye bleeding football we’re being forced to endure. Created nothing against 10 man Rangers, were dreadful against St Johnstone and just as bad against Motherwell (albeit we defended well that day). Can I see us getting anything from Pittodrie on Saturday? No. Hamilton at home? Not sure. Hibs away? No chance. We’re becoming too sentimental. Not doing the business? Then we’ll find someone who will. 

I’m worried about all the people who seem to believe that we’ll just go back to smashing teams once Naismith is back. 

Totally agree Phil but I would go further and say there has been no noticeable improvement since we had the points to win the Championship and other than a few 'highlights' here and there, the team still has no pace, no width and no creativity! These were all problems in our first season back with RN, IC and the common denominator...CL!

There is often a reaction to any serious illness , and he MAY still be getting over it..  he came back soon,

I'd have had a few months out.

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt until say February. 

In one sense he is simply one of our several injury victims!