Morning after night before

Selkirkhmfc1874

Selkirkhmfc1874

Some should really stay off internet after a bad result because the knee jerk hysteria is cringe!

Very bad night at the office for Heart Of Midlothian but it happens in football, but the answer not sack this one/That one etc ! It's about sticking together and putting it right in my opinion , embarrassing performance last night but some of the comments on here are also an embarrassment.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frankblack

• Deevers

• luckydug

• jockmac

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

stirlingshirejambo

I tend to stay off here after a defeat and there is no doubt this has spoiled my weekend but it’s not the end of the world and I have faith that Levein will sort it. But another display like that and I would expect a long spell in reserves for a lot of them. We are limping towards the winter break and it can’t come quick enough 

haveyouheard 22

I thought losing to Dumbarton 5-2 at home yonks ago was the worst ever

Fair play to Livi  but we are Hearts and deserve better, my lad was in tears, telt him its OK shit happens but being honest it was tough to justify

17 minutes ago, stirlingshirejambo said:

I tend to stay off here after a defeat and there is no doubt this has spoiled my weekend.

This, I actually don't want to leave the house. Work unfortunately comes first.

Anyway, I don't think we can use injuries as an excuse anymore. CL has had ample time to work something out.  Losing 5-0 against anyone is bad, but ffs Livingston, come on.  I'd offer my resignation if I did my job so badly.

A bad tradesman always blames his tools.

Edited by ri Alban

Holyrood_Hearts
20 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Some should really stay off internet after a bad result because the knee jerk hysteria is cringe!

Very bad night at the office for Heart Of Midlothian but it happens in football, but the answer not sack this one/That one etc ! It's about sticking together and putting it right in my opinion , embarrassing performance last night but some of the comments on here are also an embarrassment.

Completely agree. We would’ve gone joint top (for a few hours at least) but folk want the manager sacked? I’m not surprised as everytime things go against us, let’s sack the manager. 

Having just watched the highlights, Levein’s right about them chucking it. Dikamona & Morrison aside, the rest of them should be absolutely ashamed of themselves. 

Serge McMurto

The biggest worry at the moment is the fact that we face 3 difficult fixtures before the break then have to face the team that humiliated us last night in a massive Scottish cup tie. 

The prospect of yet another season being over by January is notacceptable. 

4 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Completely agree. We would’ve gone joint top (for a few hours at least) but folk want the manager sacked? I’m not surprised as everytime things go against us, let’s sack the manager. 

Having just watched the highlights, Levein’s right about them chucking it. Dikamona & Morrison aside, the rest of them should be absolutely ashamed of themselves. 

More likely we'll be 8th really soon, if we don't get the finger oot. 

One of the worst results in our history.’, usually I’m one to stay off kickback after a defeat but reaction has been completely justified. Levein has to go. 

been here before
27 minutes ago, haveyouheard 22 said:

I thought losing to Dumbarton 5-2 at home yonks ago was the worst ever

Fair play to Livi  but we are Hearts and deserve better, my lad was in tears, telt him its OK shit happens but being honest it was tough to justify

What a very old firm sense of entitlement....

JS149593201.jpg

sidjamesbottle
40 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Yeh agreed huge test of Leveins management skills now though

37 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

There's a distinct lack of pride and fight in this team, a team brimming with gutless Losers i get freak results like this happen but there has been an underlying problem since the day Levein walked back into this club. None of the players seem to give a feck. We're a soft club who constantly rollover without a fight 

People need to wake up. It’s nit just last night. It’s been brutal  for weeks now. People defending Levein on here is nauseating. I cannot stand this we move on shite and in Craig we trust. He had to shoulder the blame. 

A wee bit apathetic about it all to be honest.

I never envisaged us being this bad and suffering our worst defeat in a long time after the start we made to the season.

Last night wasn't about injuries, it was about a team who wanted it more than the other. Livingston looked like a side desperate to win. They were a side all fighting for one another, they ran constantly and got their reward.

Our confidence will be at an all-time low after that and I won't be surprised if we don't pick up another point before the break.

Livi looked like a team desperate to win. We looked like a team working there last shift before heading away for a weekend on the bevy. From the minute the game kicked off you could tell they wanted it more. 

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Sorry but last nights capitulation can’t be just swept under the carpet.

Defeats happen, you’re right about that, but it’s the manner of the defeat that’s annoyed so many. The players simply gave up and downed tools last night.

I knew it was going to be a tough game last night and that defeat was a possibility but I certainly didn't see that 2nd half performance coming.

Lick our wounds over the weekend and then, at the very least put on a fighting performance against Aberdeen.

It's going to be a painful weekend ahead for me but the sack CL chat is very premature, we've been struggling for any real form for weeks but I'm hopeful

the return of Naisy, Uche and Soapy will get us firing again (also the addition of Vanacek)

Which is the freak run of results?

The early season wins, or the run we have seen recently?

Probably inbetweeen. We are average. Average players (except 2 or 3) and an average manager underperforming with a very generous budget. 

3 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

We just got beat 5-0 of ****ing Livingston, I'm not sure any of the reaction has been over the top.

Exactly 

I usually try and only post positive things on here but it’s tough after last night. For the first 70 minutes it was looking like a typical poor away performance that we might just sneak a result in. Then that last twenty minutes is the worst hearts performance I’ve seen in my 42 years watching hearts. I can only hope we some serious reaction up in Aberdeen next week. If I hadn’t already bought tickets for the game I would have had a tougher decision to make as to go or not. Hate having that kind of feeling. I took my wee five year old girl and she seemed to have fun though. Didn’t seem to bother her that we got beat so much and she said she’s looking forward to going again next week so I will try and adopt her attitude a bit more! It’s a sore one and I really Hope lessons have been learned. Mon the hearts!  

1 nil, 5 nil, big game, meaningless game, game we should win. 

It's all about 3 points. 

We didn't deserve 3 points, managerial errors, player errors, referee errors, pressure of going joint top.

All doesn't really matter after the event, we didn't deserve 3 points. 

We move on. 

letsalldothebeattie

I’m still angry about the result went through thinking we’d turned a corner at the weekend and what the paying support got was embarrassing. I’m going try not let it affect my weekend 

22 minutes ago, Drumelzier said:

I knew it was going to be a tough game last night and that defeat was a possibility but I certainly didn't see that 2nd half performance coming.

Lick our wounds over the weekend and then, at the very least put on a fighting performance against Aberdeen.

It's going to be a painful weekend ahead for me but the sack CL chat is very premature, we've been struggling for any real form for weeks but I'm hopeful

the return of Naisy, Uche and Soapy will get us firing again (also the addition of Vanacek)

To get rid of Levein is not premature. Defeats by the likes of St Mirren and Kilmarnock and that debacle last night have shown we are going backwards at an alarming rate. We were out played by a Championship side on a fraction of our resources. He should do the decent thing and go. They are his players and his team.

31 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

We just got beat 5-0 of ****ing Livingston, I'm not sure any of the reaction has been over the top.

Bang on. I spend £25 a week before Christmas to watch that nonsense last night!

The manner in which we just gave up is totally unacceptable. It’s Livingston Ffs!!

I think Levein may well have to think again about bringing one or two players in during the window. Last night proved that there are quite a few wearing the jersey who really are not fit for this club. Now I know that we have had more than our fair share of injuries and the team put out last night was a pale reflection of the team that the manager would have wanted out there. That said you would have thought that those who were out there would have been hungry to stake their claim to be first picks. Far too many were just going through the motions.  A clear out of the dross is needed.

We have a team full of cowards. They let their heads drop and chucked the towel in when Naismith got injured at Murrayfield, and haven’t done much since to change my mind. Serious lack of heart in this squad. 

2 minutes ago, sprinbox98 said:

Bang on. I spend £25 a week before Christmas to watch that nonsense last night!

The manner in which we just gave up is totally unacceptable. It’s Livingston Ffs!!

That was worse than the horror show we watched at Livi in the Challenge Cup. Team is a shambles.

Amazingly, after that game we pretty much unanimously felt the goalie was the worst we had seen. Zlamal outdid him last night.

Fed up hearing people defend the players and manager by talking about injuries. Yes they’ve hit us hard, but we have a budget to dwarf many teams and a few injuries doesn’t excuse having a team full of cowards. 

5 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

To get rid of Levein is not premature. Defeats by the likes of St Mirren and Kilmarnock and that debacle last night have shown we are going backwards at an alarming rate. We were out played by a Championship side on a fraction of our resources. He should do the decent thing and go. They are his players and his team.

They’re not a championship side though are they, they have one of the best home records in the league. I’m not excusing the result, I was one of the ones unfortunate enough to witness it so I know how poor we were, but sacking the manager and doing another full rebuild like we’ve done every single window isn’t how we fix it we need some continuity. Where we are in May will determine whether CL should go, not where we are in December.

1 hour ago, kimosavi said:

There's a distinct lack of pride and fight in this team, a team brimming with gutless Losers i get freak results like this happen but there has been an underlying problem since the day Levein walked back into this club. None of the players seem to give a feck. We're a soft club who constantly rollover without a fight 

Absolute Rubbish, you forget where we were when Levein walked back into the club. 

A_A wehatethehibs

I honestly think it’s quite funny, If you don’t laugh you’ll cry. Last week we won a game, we were on the up. Things were finally looking up, Berra is back, there’s light at the end of the tunnel we can get back to winning ways. Then we get beat 5-0 at the Stadio Macaroni ? 

Time to shut up shop, park a few buses get a few 0-0s and move on to 2019. Get some reinforcements in and find some new ways to win. Progress has been made this year, without doubt but next year is decisive for Levein. The Hearts performances from January to the end of the season are pivotal. 

Morning after the night before...........we've still lost 6 of our last 8.....a dreadful statistic that quite rightly should have people asking hard questions. Levein............is he yesterday's man??  6 out of 8 defeats is starting to point in that direction

Headline sports news on BBC this morning.  Hope the useless ****ers are proud of themselves.  We’re a laughing stock.  The defending for the 2nd goal should be shown to the U10s, unforgivable!

We need the reaction of all reactions next Sat or there’s a danger Levein will lose the squad.  I’m just worried that some players have downed tools because they know we’re not signing anyone in their positions in January so there’s no real competition.

Ive calmed down a bit since last night, but I’ll never accept a 5-0 defeat from anyone. This is going to hurt for a while.  

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

This, I actually don't want to leave the house. Work unfortunately comes first.

Anyway, I don't think we can use injuries as an excuse anymore. CL has had ample time to work something out.  Losing 5-0 against anyone is bad, but ffs Livingston, come on.  I'd offer my resignation if I did my job so badly.

A bad tradesman always blames his tools.

I had trouble getting up , this is a bad one.

1 minute ago, Harry Potter said:

I had trouble getting up , this is a bad one.

There's no argument from me. Scunnered.  And it's difficult to argue against CL being removed or resigning. Sad really.

Edited by ri Alban

Angrier today than last night.. shock and disbelief were the main winners last night...

I like to think age makes reasonable minded folk more measured in their responses to things such as last night and the shame the players and staff brought on us all....so I am trying as best I can not to believe the world will stop turning but know last night will change how I blindly suppport Hearts from now on... ??

11 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I honestly think it’s quite funny, If you don’t laugh you’ll cry. Last week we won a game, we were on the up. Things were finally looking up, Berra is back, there’s light at the end of the tunnel we can get back to winning ways. Then we get beat 5-0 at the Stadio Macaroni ? 

Time to shut up shop, park a few buses get a few 0-0s and move on to 2019. Get some reinforcements in and find some new ways to win. Progress has been made this year, without doubt but next year is decisive for Levein. The Hearts performances from January to the end of the season are pivotal. 

Correct. 

1 minute ago, BobbyJenkins said:

Correct. 

I'm actually getting a bit sick of the 'next year' chat every year in December.

Ministry of Football

Still absolutely raging and I finally want some accountability at our club. 

I don't want Levein anywhere near Hearts. The entire management structure must be cleared out and we need to get the best manager in we can afford. 

What an absolute shambles we were last night. 

Act Budge. 

way out west jambo

Embarrasing.

For me Levein’s got the next 3 games, Aberdeen, Hamilton, then Hibs. If that’s not 3 wins out of 3 then he needs to go. Aberdeen are poor this season, Hamilton could get relegated and after last night we simply demand a big performance in the derby. If this is not achieved then it’s time to try a fresh approach.

A_A wehatethehibs
6 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I'm actually getting a bit sick of the 'next year' chat every year in December.

Me too but we are where we are. Injuries ****ed is that is the bottom line. We’re almost there now can get some reinforcements in January.

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

Fire_At_The_Disco

You just know it’s bad when bbc news channel has it as it’s main morning sports story. 5 goals in 14 mins chat n all, they’re all laughing at us ?

30 minutes ago, Deevers said:

I think Levein may well have to think again about bringing one or two players in during the window. Last night proved that there are quite a few wearing the jersey who really are not fit for this club. Now I know that we have had more than our fair share of injuries and the team put out last night was a pale reflection of the team that the manager would have wanted out there. That said you would have thought that those who were out there would have been hungry to stake their claim to be first picks. Far too many were just going through the motions.  A clear out of the dross is needed.

I agree, what worries me though, how can you trust Levein to make the required signings that we clearly need.  The dross that you mentioned, he identified and signed them over the summer.

I'm sick of hearing the same excuses, yes we have been hit with injuries, refereeing incompetence has cost us as well however, Levein signed 18 players to give him options and have us competing. What is obvious, the majority of his signings have been terrible and that is why we are in the mess we are in. One win in nine games, judge me on the players I sign he said.