Team for Aberdeen..

Scott980612

Haring and Wighton up front

Mitchell, Lee, Bozanic, Morrison

Garrucio, Berra, Smith, Godhino

Doyle

Assuming Cochrane, Naismith and Djoum are out.

McLean on his own isnt working. We need to try something different up front. Midfield and defence is basically everyone who’s not injured!

Edited by Guest

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wavydavy

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Cruyff Turn

• Pasquale for King

6 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Haring and Wighton up front

Mitchell, Lee, Bozanic, Morrison

Garrucio, Berra, Smith, Godhino

Doyle

Assuming Cochrane, Naismith and Djoum are out.

McLean on his own isnt working. We need to try something different up front. Midfield and defence is basically everyone who’s not injured!

Haring and Wighton up front! ???

If Hughes was up to it, I'd fire him into a three at the back and let Smith sweep again - or if we have another centre half in the reserves available, I'd go for that.  We looked far more solid v Well with Smith sorting things out.

Something like

Doyle

Hughes/reserve, Smith, Berra

Godinho, Lee, Haring, Bozanic, Mitchell/Garrucio

Naismith (if fit) or Clare

Wighton

11 minutes ago, Dusty said:

If Hughes was up to it, I'd fire him into a three at the back and let Smith sweep again - or if we have another centre half in the reserves available, I'd go for that.  We looked far more solid v Well with Smith sorting things out.

Something like

Doyle

Hughes/reserve, Smith, Berra

Godinho, Lee, Haring, Bozanic, Mitchell/Garrucio

Naismith (if fit) or Clare

Wighton

Hughes isn't up to it and I would still fire him for impersonating a defender.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Hughes isn't up to it and I would still fire him for impersonating a defender.

As much as I feel Hughes has been singled out incorrectly last week, I don't think he should be playing any longer. Plenty wrong last week before it got to him.

And it's always a pity to see what was a very good player suffer for age.

I think it will be flat back 4 myself. Aberdeen are whipping in a lot of crosses right now, the plan is surely to stop at source would imagine we will be looking to smother the game and use the guile of Naismith and McLean. Having Naismith back might just be getting 2 players back, McLean has missed him enormously.

I would show a couple of videos of what went well earlier in the season and revert as much as possible to those players on Saturday. Real test of character coming up.

Edited by Sir Gio

We’re going to have to play exceptionally well to get any kind of result. Aberdeen are on form and are scoring goals. 

We can only pray that Naisy can play 60minutes or so otherwise we’ll be under constant pressure with no out ball. 

Just now, Barack said:

Not putting on my brave face & pants, for this one.

I'd take 0-0 right now.

Indeed, i’d take a 0-0 as well. A clean sheet would be a good platform to build on going into Hamilton and Hibs fixtures. 

13 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

We’re going to have to play exceptionally well to get any kind of result. Aberdeen are on form and are scoring goals. 

We can only pray that Naisy can play 60minutes or so otherwise we’ll be under constant pressure with no out ball. 

We'll be under constant pressure with or without Naismith. This is the game in my opinion that shows what these players have got.

If they lose but have shown that they have all given 100% then that is acceptable but if they lose with a similar type of application to the Livingston debacle then they should not be playing for Hearts.

Having said that though the Coach has to play a style that suits those fit enough and to play and in their best and most appropriate positions.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Having just watched the goals from last night, Dundee did a fair job of chucking them in (as we did last week of course).

I'd get a few passers in the team, starve them of the ball, they are back to playing high intensity press ball and banging in crosses. Works well for them, usually against weaker sides. Keeping possession going to be huge for us.

7 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

We'll be under constant pressure with or without Naismith. This is the game in my opinion that shows what these players have got.

If they lose but have shown that they have all given 100% then that is acceptable but if they lose with a similar type of application to the Livingston debacle then they should not be playing for Hearts.

Having said that though the Coach has to play a style that suits those fit enough and to play and in their best and most appropriate positions.

I agree but I think we’ll be much better with Naisy to the point where we will create chances. Without him and without Djoum, we may no even have a single shot v Aberdeen. I think that is how much of a contribution Naisy makes. 

It’ll be a hard selection for Levein because he’ll be a bit wary about trusting the players to have a go at Aberdeen and work hard enough to defend properly as well. Also that we can’t just sit in either and soak up pressure for 90minutes. 

9 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I agree but I think we’ll be much better with Naisy to the point where we will create chances. Without him and without Djoum, we may no even have a single shot v Aberdeen. I think that is how much of a contribution Naisy makes. 

It’ll be a hard selection for Levein because he’ll be a bit wary about trusting the players to have a go at Aberdeen and work hard enough to defend properly as well. Also that we can’t just sit in either and soak up pressure for 90minutes. 

I am hoping that he doesn't push Haring back beside Berra because he works so hard in the middle of the park and with Djoum out we will miss his endeavour.

Lee is far too pedestrian to play a pressing game so we need a real workhorse type play beside him assuming he plays. Naismith is always busy and I can imagine he will play more of a midfield role but how long will he last in his first game back.

We need our most aggressive busy players to be giving 100% for how ever long they are on the park nothing less will do.

3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I am hoping that he doesn't push Haring back beside Berra because he works so hard in the middle of the park and with Djoum out we will miss his endeavour.

Lee is far too pedestrian to play a pressing game so we need a real workhorse type play beside him assuming he plays. Naismith is always busy and I can imagine he will play more of a midfield role but how long will he last in his first game back.

We need our most aggressive busy players to be giving 100% for how ever long they are on the park nothing less will do.

Agree, i’d probably try and play like Atletico. We’re just too slow in midfield to play a high aggressive pressing game. They can’t cover the ground quick enough. Never seen such a slow pedestrian midfield, none of could run for a bus.

______________Doyle 

Godhino__Smith__Berra__Garrucio 

________Lee__Haring__Bozanic 

McDonald__Naismith__***

Think considering injuries the midfield picks itself, Haring needs to be in there as I wouldn't trust Lee and Bozanic to get a grip of the middle of the park although both have to play because we have no other options if Cochrane is out

Smith is a decent centre half as he's shown and Garuccio is a far better defender than Mitchell, Berra obviously plays and Godhino simply has to due to lack of options 

Zlamal deserves to be dropped and Doyle is due a chance

Naismith has to play up top. McDonald deserves a chance

The other position is a complete raffle, Mitchell, Clare, MacLean, Wighton, Morrison and Mulraney are the options none of whom will perform 

5 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

______________Doyle 

Godhino__Smith__Berra__Garrucio 

________Lee__Haring__Bozanic 

McDonald__Naismith__***

Think considering injuries the midfield picks itself, Haring needs to be in there as I wouldn't trust Lee and Bozanic to get a grip of the middle of the park although both have to play because we have no other options if Cochrane is out

Smith is a decent centre half as he's shown and Garuccio is a far better defender than Mitchell, Berra obviously plays and Godhino simply has to due to lack of options 

Zlamal deserves to be dropped and Doyle is due a chance

Naismith has to play up top. McDonald deserves a chance

The other position is a complete raffle, Mitchell, Clare, MacLean, Wighton, Morrison and Mulraney are the options none of whom will perform 

How about Danny Amankwa he must be fit by now or does he just need a bit more time?

3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

How about Danny Amankwa he must be fit by now or does he just need a bit more time?

Jesus forgot he existed, tell you what chuck him in and see if he's ready yet :lolderwood:

IveSeenTheLight
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Berra finished and a spanking for us is the Aberdeen verdict 

Where'd you see that?

Neither Footymad nor Donstalk have raised a match thread yet and AFC Chat match thread is predominantly bemoaning the ref.

The fact that Aberdeen are such perennial losers makes our current plight even worse.

Its temporary though and our historic superiority will be reclaimed shortly.

Italian Lambretta

Just a reminder to all Hearts fans attending the match this weekend that Pittodrie is an all seater stadium and you should remain in your seat at all times.

It makes no difference if you cant see one of the goals in the interest of safety and respect to your fellow Hearts fans standing is not permitted.

Thanks for you cooperation.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
15 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Just a reminder to all Hearts fans attending the match this weekend that Pittodrie is an all seater stadium and you should remain in your seat at all times.

It makes no difference if you cant see one of the goals in the interest of safety and respect to your fellow Hearts fans standing is not permitted.

Thanks for you cooperation.

Might be a shame for the elderly person or the very young person though who won't see.

Thanks for your unselfish considerate approach to fellow Jambos

On 17/12/2018 at 14:44, johnthomas said:

What was your opinion on Jack Hamilton ?

Jack was called up initially whilst he was getting games. A subsequent call up was as a result of no other obvious candidate and with Jack being regarded as one for the future (at the time) he was called up again

On 17/12/2018 at 18:31, Pasquale for King said:

Agree with that apart from the international part, I won’t go into detail but Connor Sammon has 9 caps for Ireland.

Again, Sammon got those call ups whilst playing regular games, not once hadn't kicked a ball for 6 months

On 18/12/2018 at 15:08, wavydavy said:

Aaron Hughes.?????

Different story with Hughes as he is (or was) just using us to ensure he was ready to play in International games plus he is a veteran for them.

Regardless of Doyles continuous call ups anyway, Jon McLaughlin hadn't had a call up and was playing in the lower leagues in England and he didn't turn out too bad a signing. Nobody is immune from rotation after a 5-0 drubbing to Livi. No better time to give Doyle a chance than now.

A big effort to atone for the Livingston match + no stupid red cards + ref not falling for Aberdeen's usual full portfolio of cheating = a reasonable chance.    

We continue to play like we're half-cut = a clobbering.

Pheasant Plucker

Hughes has been a disaster signing, cares more about Northern Ireland than the team that pays his wages. Play a youth at CB. Need to keep Haring in midfield - he's the most consistent midfielder we've had since John Millar.

2 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Just a reminder to all Hearts fans attending the match this weekend that Pittodrie is an absolute shitehole.

FTFY

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Pheasant Plucker said:

Hughes has been a disaster signing, cares more about Northern Ireland than the team that pays his wages. Play a youth at CB. Need to keep Haring in midfield - he's the most consistent midfielder we've had since John Millar.

Indeed he has, I think we only have Petkov who isn’t on loan and can play on Saturday.

15 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Indeed he has, I think we only have Petkov who isn’t on loan and can play on Saturday.

And he’s hopeless..........I go to most of the reserve games and he hasn’t looked good at that level. What I’ve heard through the grapevine is he’ll be let go in the summer. 

Pasquale for King
29 minutes ago, goldie83 said:

And he’s hopeless..........I go to most of the reserve games and he hasn’t looked good at that level. What I’ve heard through the grapevine is he’ll be let go in the summer. 

He should never have been signed never mind given another two contracts after that. Signing someone who can contribute, and not just a last resort, is a must when you have as many injuries every season as we do.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Jack was called up initially whilst he was getting games. A subsequent call up was as a result of no other obvious candidate and with Jack being regarded as one for the future (at the time) he was called up again

Again, Sammon got those call ups whilst playing regular games, not once hadn't kicked a ball for 6 months

Different story with Hughes as he is (or was) just using us to ensure he was ready to play in International games plus he is a veteran for them.

Regardless of Doyles continuous call ups anyway, Jon McLaughlin hadn't had a call up and was playing in the lower leagues in England and he didn't turn out too bad a signing. Nobody is immune from rotation after a 5-0 drubbing to Livi. No better time to give Doyle a chance than now.

I’m not sure of Doyle’s quality but my point was that international caps aren’t a good way to judge someone’s quality, we’ve had a whole team of useless guys with caps.

Mclaughin was a great signing compared to the two we have currently, and was technically unemployed when he won his cap.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Can see us going back to Smith at sweeper behind Berra and Hughes to make us more solid. Demi and Godinho or Brandon at wing backs. Tough tough game. Would happily take a point.

Can someone please provide a list of who is currently injured and who is a doubtful for the Aberdeen game? Can anyone confirm if Naismith will be back.

Doyle deserves a shot in goals. I'm just not confident in Smith or Garrucio. I'm not a fan of Hughes and don't won't to see him in a Hearts top ever again. I'd start Haring in the mid - Djoum is going to be a big miss. Hopefully Cochrane is available.

I'm not actually that worried about this Saturday. We'll be well up for this. I think we'll be under pressure but will hit them on the counter. Predicting 1-1 (Naismith and McKenna).

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m not sure of Doyle’s quality but my point was that international caps aren’t a good way to judge someone’s quality, we’ve had a whole team of useless guys with caps.

Mclaughin was a great signing compared to the two we have currently, and was technically unemployed when he won his cap.

I agree   Was being a tad flippant but gorgie rules laddie appears , more than , a little earnest

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

I agree   Was being a tad flippant but gorgie rules laddie appears , more than , a little earnest

He is indeed. I was looking forward to typing out my team of international duds as well ?.

GorgieRules22

It’s a big worry for us if we decide to start Aaron Hughes. Drop Haring back or put Micheal Smith in beside Berra is the only option I can see. I take it there’s no chance of big Jimmy Dunne being back up the road for the derby ? Can you imagine going to Easter Road if Berra picks up a knock in the next two games ?

Cochrane is out too. Sounds like Naismith is back though. Going to be a real makeshift team for Saturday. I think we'll go with a 4-5-1 - Naismith up top.

I can honestly see us controlling this game. Our players will be desperate to make up for last Friday. Aberdeen are no better than Hibs, Motherwell or the likes. How they are in the top six is beyond me.

We'll beat them 2-0. Watch them plummet down the table after Saturday. Honestly believe they'll be bottom 6 this year - back where they belong.

Edited by Gorillajam

19 hours ago, wavydavy said:

I think the reserve game v rangers this week was the first time I’ve seen him not start a reserve game all season... maybe we were keeping him fresh for Saturday?! Every reserve game I’ve watched he seems to be decent. Just seems to have literally no confidence whatsoever and has to be talked to the whole time to stay in position 

GorgieRules22
15 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Doyle

Haring

Smith

Berra

Bozanic

Lee

McDonald

Amankawa 

Mulraney

Naismith

MacLean

Let's see what some others have.

Amankwaa that can’t get a game for the 20’s ??

9 minutes ago, ericb said:

Bobby

Smith Berra Garuchio

Godhino Lee Bozanic Haring Mitchell

Naismith

Mclean

Something like that would do me. Or Brandon in for Godinho.

Edit. I'd also expect Doyle to start.

Edited by heartsfc_fan

12 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Amankwaa that can’t get a game for the 20’s ??

I think Gambo is just wanting to add fuel to the fire so he can have another angle to get stuck into CL ?

::troll::  

Zlamal

Brandon Smith Berra Garuccio

Morrison Haring Lee Mitchell

Naismith

MacLean

Our confidence is shot and Aberdeen are on a high and at home so I would expect Levein to park two buses and try to get a point. 

But if Naismith is back, I'd set up with a bit more of an attacking formation and hope that he can bring out the best in players like Morrison, Lee and Mitchell again.

38 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Doyle

Godinho 

Smith

Berra

Garuccio

McDonald

Lee

Haring

Mitchell

Naismith

MacLean

Would be happy with that!

Very much  doubt Doyle will start.

Zlamal

Godhino Smith Berra Garuccio

Morrison Haring Clare Mitchell

Naismith

MacLean

I'd have Lee in ahead of Clare, but Levein seems to prefer him, so can see this being the team.  Unless Morrison is out for Lee.

IveSeenTheLight
15 hours ago, amadjambo said:

Can see us going back to Smith at sweeper behind Berra and Hughes to make us more solid. Demi and Godinho or Brandon at wing backs. Tough tough game. Would happily take a point.

Does that mean 3 or 5 at the back?

I'd be happy as an Aberdeen fan if you set up that way.

5 at the back and no doubt you guys will be very solid and hard to break down (were not the best creatively this year apart from against the bottom teams)

3 at the back could give us space to capitalise from

We've kind of went 4-4-1-1 in recent games and it should be an even game if you match up accordingly formation wise, and be interesting to see how different systems impact each other.

That said, it would not put it past me for McInnes to revert to our normal 4-2-3-1 which we are not as creative in.

We need better midfielders for that.