Team for Aberdeen..

Scott980612

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Doyle

Haring Smith Berra

Morrison Lee Bozanic Mitchell

Naismith Clare

MacLean

If Dikamona is fit then would probably play him in the back 3 and move Haring into midfield alongside one of Bozanic/Lee.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wavydavy

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Cruyff Turn

• Pasquale for King

portobellojambo1
6 hours ago, wavydavy said:

If we get a draw I suspect Levein and most Hearts fans will be delighted after our capitulation on Friday.

At this point in time I'd be happy to come away from Pittodrie with a draw next weekend. However, the only way I can see us doing that is by putting the ball in the net at least once, and it is in front of goal that we are producing little to nothing. I think an awful lot of expectation will fall on Naismith, which in itself could be difficult for him.

The Treasurer

I'm baffled as to why so many people are still putting Mitchell in their starting XI.

He's offered nothing since his return and was one of the main culprits (but not the only one) that threw in the towel on Friday.

34 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I'm baffled as to why so many people are still putting Mitchell in their starting XI.

He's offered nothing since his return and was one of the main culprits (but not the only one) that threw in the towel on Friday.

If truth be known he has been murder all season. I would imagine the only reason he plays is because CL will be hoping and praying that he can rediscover a bit of his form from last season when he was better but still not great. What are the other options beside Garruccio? Not a lot

I really can't believe that Man Utd let Dunne go and gave Mitchell a new 2 year deal.

Howdy Doody Jambo

----------------[------------Doyle ----------]--------------

Smith--------Haring------Berra----Garuccio

-----------------------------Botanic-----------------------

----Cochrane-------Lee------------Mitchell 

--------------------------Clare----------------------

------------------------Naismith--------------------

Edited by Old Castle Rock

Annoyingly levein played the team I asked for in my last thread. What it did do for me was identified where we are going wrong. The middle of the park is so weak its frightening. 

Harings instructions are clear. Peter, run about everywhere. You are a midfielder, striker, winger all in one. What this creates is no structure. 

My fix would be a similar formation (drop Mitchell, djoum and haring) play broznic (spelling? ) as a proper CDM. Tell him to protect back 4 that's his role, protect and always be available for short pass. 

Play Cochrane and lee as the forward thinking midfielders. Let them play short passing to feet and stop this hoofball to a non existent striker. Both players never punt the ball and when we play on the deck with one touch football we look a team 

Finally I would tell Morrison to actually take his man on. He stops all the time when he could fly by them. Its so annoying as it means the opposition have a chance to flood the box defensively. 

The strongest and most trustworthy deference can put out on saturday for me is:

Smith Haring Berra Garuccio

If to be a back 5 put Smith in the middle again and play Godinho

A centre midfield of Bozanic and Lee should leave us compact enough without Haring imo. 

Time to see what Doyle is made of, you don’t get called up for your country despite not featuring if you aren’t a good player

Not a game to be throwing Cochrane or MacDonald into imo, save them for Hamilton at home.

Doyle

Bozanic Lee

Morrison Naismith Mitchell

MacLean

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

Desperate times and I don't have a clue what to do. Maybe play Morrison through the middle with Clare? He would at least run at their defence and maybe create some space for Clare and Naismith.

1 hour ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

A centre midfield of Bozanic and Lee should leave us compact enough without Haring imo. 

Time to see what Doyle is made of, you don’t get called up for your country despite not featuring if you aren’t a good player

Not a game to be throwing Cochrane or MacDonald into imo, save them for Hamilton at home.

Doyle

Bozanic Lee

MacLean

What was your opinion on Jack Hamilton ?

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Doyle

Bozanic Lee

MacLean

Agree with that apart from the international part, I won’t go into detail but Connor Sammon has 9 caps for Ireland.

portobellojambo1

I haven't got a clue who we will select on Saturday. While I do understand why so many people feel McLean should be left out I do have sympathy for him. He is presently struggling in a line up which basically has one forward on the field. McLean isn't the first player who has struggled playing that position. And yet when he had other forwards around him earlier in the season he looked so much better. If Naismith is available for Saturday he and McLean need to be the two forward players. Whether or not Haring should play really depends on how much additional damage he is doing to himself by playing at all. I might be way off the marke here but I just get the impression that possibly after being so successful for us last season Demi Mitchell didn't expect to be back with us again this season. As such Manchester United may have inadvertantly hurt his confidence. It isn't working out for him at left back, but we did see last season that he is a player, and maybe we just have to move him further forward, and hope he regains any confidence lost. Middle of defence has to be Berra and Michael Smith, this will probably mean putting Godinho in at right back and Garrucio at left back. For me the midfield looked good early in the season, and having two front men to play the ball to and around may help them to get their confidence back. There is an awful lot to be played for in the next three games versus Aberdeen, Hamilton and Hibs. We are approaching a time of the year where very often the league is over and it is clear who will win it. However, this year it is very close and if we can pick up say 5 or 6 points from these three games we will be in a much better situation on returning from the Winter Break.

Edited by portobellojambo1

WheatfieldWarrior
On ‎16‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 22:45, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

Doyle

Haring Smith Berra

Morrison Lee Bozanic Mitchell

Naismith Clare

MacLean

If Dikamona is fit then would probably play him in the back 3 and move Haring into midfield alongside one of Bozanic/Lee.

Clevid is out until the new year with a torn thigh muscle according to een.

Only seen Doyle play on you tube clips - really not impressed. Bobby is a brilliant reflex keeper - just need him to get to grips with positional play. Not going near him on penalties though as no idea why he moves so early. Would really like McDonald to be given a bit of a run in the team. 

22 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

We’ve ruined him, plain and simple.  His first game back against St Mirren when we were 4 up at HT, i turned to my mate and said “F me, how did we pull this one off”.  The decision to then play him LB in an inexperienced back four for four months instead of his favoured position astounds me.  

On 15/12/2018 at 09:51, Juanjo said:

This team but Cochrane in for Lee/Bozanic. Morrison offers absolutely nothing and it’s high time McDonald was back in there.

Morrison has no end product im sure he thinks putting a cross in is actually turning back on himself time after time after time again.... 

The Treasurer
14 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

We’ve ruined him, plain and simple.  His first game back against St Mirren when we were 4 up at HT, i turned to my mate and said “F me, how did we pull this one off”.  The decision to then play him LB in an inexperienced back four for four months instead of his favoured position astounds me.  

His favoured position(s) are either LB or WB.

He has had runs in both positions but has failed to live up to last seasons promise

17 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Desperate times and I don't have a clue what to do. Maybe play Morrison through the middle with Clare? He would at least run at their defence and maybe create some space for Clare and Naismith.

I have thought similar.    Morrison up top v hibs kept the defence on toes and he helped pull defenders to create space, unfortunutly no1 supported him to get into the gaps.   I wondered if clare up top would help with a flick on and holding ball up.    

4 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

His favoured position(s) are either LB or WB.

He has had runs in both positions but has failed to live up to last seasons promise

Correct. He's been really poor. 

5 hours ago, Elshin said:

I have thought similar.    Morrison up top v hibs kept the defence on toes and he helped pull defenders to create space, unfortunutly no1 supported him to get into the gaps.   I wondered if clare up top would help with a flick on and holding ball up.    

I've seen nothing from Clare to suggest he can either hold the ball up, or flick anything on!

After listening to CL this morning I’d hazard a guess at

Doyle

Godinho/Brandon, Petkov, Smith, Berra, Mitchell/Garuccio 

Naismith, Haring, Lee, Bozanic

McLean, Clare 

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

I've seen nothing from Clare to suggest he can either hold the ball up, or flick anything on!

Im not disagreeing, just been so dire recently we have to try something different

Just now, Elshin said:

Im not disagreeing, just been so dire recently we have to try something different

Desperate days.

Doyle

Smith Berra Haring

Morrison                                 Mitchell
                            Bozanic
                Lee                Djoum

Maclean      Clare

49 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

After listening to CL this morning I’d hazard a guess at

Doyle

Godinho/Brandon, Petkov, Smith, Berra, Mitchell/Garuccio 

Naismith, Haring, Lee, Bozanic

McLean, Clare 

Playing 12 to counteract possible referee bias ?

24 minutes ago, Mort said:

Doyle

Smith Berra Haring

Bozanic
                Lee                Djoum

Maclean      Clare

No Naismith?

On 17/12/2018 at 13:41, Gorgie_Rules said:

Doyle

Bozanic Lee

MacLean

Aaron Hughes.?????

29 minutes ago, Mort said:

Doyle

Smith Berra Haring

Bozanic
                Lee                Djoum

Maclean      Clare

No Naismith and is Djoum not suspended?

Re-think required?

On 14/12/2018 at 22:48, Scott980612 said:

Thoughts.....

Doyle

Brandon     Smith      Berra   Garrucio

MacDonald Cochrane Haring Lee   mitchell

Wighton or Mulraney or Amankwa (Don't mind really)

Oh and could someone point out where the near post area is??

Fines for anyone passing the ball back towards the keeper more than 3 times

5 minutes ago, Drumjambo said:

Doyle

No Naismith? Surely if he is fit he should be starting?

43 minutes ago, Drumjambo said:

Doyle

Think Cochrane may be injured, was taken off in reserve game v huns

1 minute ago, merrymac said:

Think Cochrane may be injured, was taken off in reserve game v huns

Ankle knock but not sure if he is definitely out yet.

Just now, wavydavy said:

Ankle knock but not sure if he is definitely out yet.

Knowing our luck its probably a certainty :unsure2:

19 minutes ago, Ernie Eskilsson said:

Doyle

Godinho

Berra

Smith

Garuccio

Morrison

Lee

Haring

Cochrane

McDonald

Wighton/Naismith

Wighton is injured. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
42 minutes ago, Ernie Eskilsson said:

Doyle

Godinho

Berra

Smith

Garuccio

Morrison

Lee

Haring

Cochrane

McDonald

Wighton/Naismith

Godihno has a knock and was taken to the cleaners by McGinn at Tynecastle. Brandon might be a better gamble 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

just to clarify - is this the hearts men's team v aberdeen

do we have a thread on the ladies game yet?

im assuming the fixtures are the same men v men ladies against ladies from the same club

do we have any striker ladies who don't get knocked over like ladies when they're trying to hold the ball up - if so vast improvement on the mens team

Doyle

Smith. Haring.  Berra. Garrucio. 

Naismith . Lee. Bozanic.  McDonald. 

Cochrane. 

McLean.  

If Naisy starts I'd like to see him a bit wider just now. I think we've been too weak in that area and he's got the ability to draw inside aswell to link up.

Lee may aswell be given a chance to claim a spot again and I thought he linked well with Naisy prior to his injury.  Sit Boz in front of the defence. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 hours ago, johnthomas said:

Playing 12 to counteract possible referee bias ?

Speaking of which. 

Beaton 

GorgieRules22
46 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Oh goodie, Aberdeen seem to be hitting form.

In truth they were nothing special and Dundee were horrendous.