Team for Aberdeen..

Scott980612

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, Juanjo said:

This team but Cochrane in for Lee/Bozanic. Morrison offers absolutely nothing and it’s high time McDonald was back in there.

With Naismith back Lee and McLean should improve. They have been the 2 who have suffered badly for his absence 

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wavydavy

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Cruyff Turn

• Pasquale for King

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 hours ago, EastSideJambo said:

I think we might lose some points if we try to play Irving 

And Hamilton  :lol:

Naismith and Berra can start.  Put all the names of the rest of the squad in a bowl and pick the first 9 out. Ask them what position they fancy playing and take it from there. 

Picking a team at the moment is the equivalent of rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic. Too many of them don’t care, are struggling with injuries / fitness or are just not good enough.

4 hours ago, BEDNAR BOY said:

How can anyone suggest Clare “ pace & power” should be knowhere near Aberdeen. Simple.

Agreed. Shouldn't be within a hundred miles of a Hearts team at the moment. 

13 hours ago, frankblack said:

Not Morrison or MacLean for me.  Morrison has no end product and can't beat his man, and MacLean has been honking since Naismith's injury.

Agreed - I know Morrison is a young lad but someone needs to show him where the byline is!!

Naismith up front pack the midfield and hope to snatch a goal

Ministry of Football

Levein will do what he normally does when he sees his job in danger, he will play kids. Supporters won't criticise youngsters and no matter what the result, the manager limps on and on. 

Clare. Wighton, Morrison, the fossil Hughes, they are not good enough for Hearts and need moved on. 

Edited by Ministry of Football

Doyle

Godinho     Smith      Berra      Mitchell

Haring         Bozanic

McDonald     Naismith    Cochrane    

Wighton

13 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Doyle

Smith Haring Berra Garrucio   

Morrison Lee Bozanic McDonald

MacLean Naismith 

Yep. Certainly the team I would go for.

Zlamal

Berra Baur Hamilton

Harring

Cochrane Clare

Morrison  Edwards  Macdonald 

Naismith 

I've not seen doyle play and we need to bring Edward's back to get some energy and forward movement into the team.

Seymour M Hersh
14 hours ago, frankblack said:

Not Morrison or MacLean for me.  Morrison has no end product and can't beat his man, and MacLean has been honking since Naismith's injury.

But Naisy is back in that line-up. 

16 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

But Naisy is back in that line-up. 

True, but I believe that those players who have been taking the piss since the semi final should be shown the door be it on loan or transfer.

MacLean could have done a hell of a lot better than he has done.  He was brought in as cover in case of injuries and hasn't delivered.

Pasquale for King
11 hours ago, Herbert said:

Zlamal

Berra Baur Hamilton

Harring

Cochrane Clare

Naismith 

I've not seen doyle play and we need to bring Edward's back to get some energy and forward movement into the team.

Baur, Hamilton and Edwards are on loan and can’t be recalled until January at least.

Edited by Pasquale for King

45 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Baur, Hamilton and Edwards are on loan and can’t be recalled until January at least.

Ah I thought we could recall players out on loan.

Blackpool tae Gorgie

Team for Aberdeen shove it up your arse Got back to Blackpool last night at ten to two.Next week I get the 6-15 train frae Blackpool heading to Aberdeen.What team chop and change garbage.Me i am 65 born a Hearts man and will die one.Team for Aberdeen stop it.same as the dot count a shambles.HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN 1874 .Ran my life for over 50 years you know what I love it.

Edited by Blackpool tae Gorgie
Spellling

GorgieRules22
1 hour ago, Blackpool tae Gorgie said:

Team for Aberdeen shove it up your arse Got back to Blackpool last night at ten to two.Next week I get the 6-15 train frae Blackpool heading to Aberdeen.What team chop and change garbage.Me i am 65 born a Hearts man and will die one.Team for Aberdeen stop it.same as the dot count a shambles.HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN 1874 .Ran my life for over 50 years you know what I love it.

Works night out mate ?

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME

Doyle

M.Smith Haring Berra

Brandon Cochrane Boz Mitchell

Lee

Maclean Naismith

Doyle

Brandon Smith Berra Garuccio

McDonald Haring Lee Mitchell

Cochrane

Naismith

Levein will go

Zlamal

godinho Smith Berra Mitchell

lee Haring Bozanic Clare

Naismith McLean

Captain Canada

Doyle

Smith Haring Berra 

Mulraney Bozanic Cochrane Djoum Garuccio

Clare 

Naismith 

Subs: Bobby, C. Hamilton, Wighton, Lee, Morrison, Godinho and Mitchell 

I've chosen Mulraney as he's so fast and Morrison isn't contributing much at the moment. 

I wouldn't have MacLean in the squad at all because he's been dire for weeks. 

Edited by Captain Canada

18 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

Doyle

Smith Haring Berra 

Mulraney Bozanic Cochrane Djoum Garuccio

Clare 

Naismith 

Subs: Bobby, C. Hamilton, Wighton, Lee, Morrison, Godinho and Mitchell 

I've chosen Mulraney as he's so fast and Morrison isn't contributing much at the moment. 

I wouldn't have MacLean in the squad at all because he's been dire for weeks. 

Mulraney is far better at tynecastle when we can press higher against the likes of Celtic. Morrison needs to get back to where he was early in the season clammer on here for him to play from the start every game was madness but he was producing more. Just now he looks like everyone else a bit lost and afraid to go at someone. 

Djoum is suspended.

Interesting we have all been screaming for Mitchell in front of Garuccio and that was a disaster. 

Zlamal

Godinho (Brandon if fit) Smith Berra Mitchell

Lee Haring Bozanic 

Clare Naismith

Naismith

3 hours ago, HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME said:

Doyle

M.Smith Haring Berra

Brandon Cochrane Boz Mitchell

Lee

Maclean Naismith

Though I do really like this team (Zlamal/Doyle is a toss up) I reckon 3-4-2-1 or 3-4-1-2 will be our preferred formation more often than not after the winter break.

Haring and Naismith link so well I think were more likely to utilise Haring in his usual midfield role.

Edited by sadj

Zlamal

Godinho

Smith

Berra

Garrucio

Morrison

Haring

Bozanic

Mitchell

Naismith (give him 50/60 mins max then bring Clare or Wighton on)

MacLean

subs: Doyle, Brandon, Hughes, Lee, Mulraney, Wighton, Clare

Not many changes, but that’s the point.  Give them a chance to turn it around and tell the players that their place in two sell out games in Edinburgh over Xmas week is at stake, along with the threat of being replaced by better players in January. 

As far as I’m concerned, Berra, Smith, Djoum and Haring are the only stick on starts for the derby on current form.

I think we should start making greater use of the youngsters. Why not reinstate Cochrane and perhaps start giving McDonald more of an opportunuty? Morrison is also one of the few players who is fast and direct and that's something we've been sadly lacking in recent weeks. Aberdeen area big experienced team but all of the above could give us a real boost against them.

Maroonblood22

Naismith

Naismith   Naismith   Naismith(c) Naismith

Naismith    Naismith    Naismith     Naismith

Naismith

Naismith

I'd probably play Naismith just behind Naismith in the AM role to link the play from the midfield.

Special Agent Dale Cooper
1 hour ago, sadj said:

Mulraney is far better at tynecastle when we can press higher against the likes of Celtic. Morrison needs to get back to where he was early in the season clammer on here for him to play from the start every game was madness but he was producing more. Just now he looks like everyone else a bit lost and afraid to go at someone. 

Djoum is suspended.

Interesting we have all been screaming for Mitchell in front of Garuccio and that was a disaster. 

Zlamal

Lee Haring Bozanic 

Clare Naismith

Naismith

Though I do really like this team (Zlamal/Doyle is a toss up) I reckon 3-4-2-1 or 3-4-1-2 will be our preferred formation more often than not after the winter break.

Haring and Naismith link so well I think were more likely to utilise Haring in his usual midfield role.

If we play a Christmas tree formation, are we allowed to play two Naismiths?  

21 hours ago, Herbert said:

Zlamal

Berra Baur Hamilton

Harring

Cochrane Clare

Naismith 

Don’t even know where to start, but even if those players were available I wouldn’t be throwing a laddie who has spent most of the season on the bench for Berwick into a starting line up at Aberdeen.

20 minutes ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

Yes, and a Vanacek in a pear tree

Captain Canada
2 hours ago, sadj said:

Djoum is suspended.

Zlamal

Lee Haring Bozanic 

Clare Naismith

Naismith

Haring and Naismith link so well I think were more likely to utilise Haring in his usual midfiield role.

I forgot Djoum was banned. I've tried to erase Friday from my mind! 

I'd put Lee in for him and McDonald on the bench. 

On 14/12/2018 at 22:53, Gambo said:

A team please who will turn up from the first whistle instead of trying to ease their way into a game please.

Not too much to ask for.

Lineup will be 

1- 5 - 4 -1 and it matters little who plays because all CL will want to do is try and not lose as he will seee that as a good result away from home especially after the shambles on Friday night.

1 hour ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

If we play a Christmas Tree formation I am pretty sure the lights will go out.

Captain Bubblebeard

Doyle

Berra

Dikamona (or Hughes ? if not fit)

Smith

Godinho or Brandon if fit/ready

Mitchell

Haring

Cochrane

Djoum (Lee if suspended)

Naismith

McLean

Never seen Doyle so that is a leap of faith on the assumption that ROI caps must surely mean he is worth a shot. Bobby needs benched.

No idea on Brandon’s progress but would prefer him in if he is looking ready.

Time for Cochrane to step up and provide a bit of a spark.

As awful as the prospect of Hughes playing a full 90 minutes is, I really don’t think we can afford to take Haring out of the middle. He is vital there to us imo.

I’d expect McLean’s contribution to improve with Naismith being back. Similarly Lee if he started.

Tynecastlesmychurch
On 14/12/2018 at 23:08, Cruyff Turn said:

Doyle

Smith Haring Berra Garrucio   

Morrison Lee Bozanic McDonald

MacLean Naismith 

Yeah that's probably the team we should play. Love seeing Naismith back in the team. I don't know how effective Morrison would be due to his current poor form and McDonald due to lack of first team action. But Naismith back in pulling the strings could really help them. We might also see a return to form for Lee because of that. Wouldn't be against starting Harry either.

4 hours ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

Sorry MacLean up top - had a 4-3-1-2 initially , then felt it would be better Naismith and Clare linking and getting in the box. Long late Saturday nights and early sunday mornings at my age are not good for the brain....

3 at the back moving forward is what I think our squad is more suited for. However with Dikamona and Dunne going down and Godinho having a poor start back after injury I just can’t see us taking the chance of not having Haring in midfield as an extra layer of defensive support.

IveSeenTheLight

Is Naismith coming back for the Aberdeen game?

How long has he been out for?

A very annoying player for us, which I guess is a backhanded compliment for you guys.

IveSeenTheLight
Just now, Barack said:

Yes.

Since end of October.

Cheers.

can only hope that he is not match fit to be his best against us.

Hopefully from our perspective, it only gives him game time ahead of your Hibs game.

IveSeenTheLight
Just now, Barack said:

He'll be fine. 

Gives you something to think about, & some attitude & options for us.

Yeah I agree. He’s a bugger for playing between the lines, picking up space between our defence and midfield.

Id rather he needed one more week ;)

Howdy Doody Jambo

If Naisy isn't fit,  I would still put him on the park, his presence will be enough to give this team a massive boost 

IveSeenTheLight
20 minutes ago, Barack said:

We don't know what team will turn up at Pittodrie.

Neither do we, lol.

Hoping to get the three points from Dundee first on Tuesday before we play you.

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if it ended up as a draw on Saturday.

Edited by IveSeenTheLight

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME
7 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

I think we should start making greater use of the youngsters. Why not reinstate Cochrane and perhaps start giving McDonald more of an opportunuty? Morrison is also one of the few players who is fast and direct and that's something we've been sadly lacking in recent weeks. Aberdeen area big experienced team but all of the above could give us a real boost against them.

Morrison has been terrible last few weeks very physically weak. Struggles to beat players for pace at the minute also.

Edited by HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME
6 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Neither do we, lol.

Might be missing a something here but why are you on a hearts forum? is there no Aberdeen supporters pages ?

37 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Neither do we, lol.

If we get a draw I suspect Levein and most Hearts fans will be delighted after our capitulation on Friday.

highlandjambo3
15 hours ago, Blackpool tae Gorgie said:

Knock, knock...... it’s the grammar police