Joe Jordan

pointon

He won’t be but that result on the back of the recent run of results and performances maybe could/should be. 

Utterly unacceptable. And the injuries excuse does not really hold water for me. So literally losing Naismith makes us this bad?

Players have completely lost confidence. Too much tinkering, too many changes, players not getting a run of games in the same position. The players have to take blame but Levin has to take loads as well. 

There are again huge huge question marks about the recruitment. The 30% hit rate of good signings is far too low on the back of three years of awful recruitment. And of course Levein is short on credit already because of the cathro debacle. 

6 minutes ago, pointon said:

Got sacked for getting pumped 6-0 off Falkirk thoughts 

Jordan sold Scott Crabbe so got everything he deserved imo.

been here before
11 minutes ago, pointon said:

He deserved it. 25 or so years ago mind you.

You're a bit late in starting this thread.

3 minutes ago, pointon said:

So losing 5-0 to Livingston is acceptable ?

Nobody thinks so.    Have you seen anyone say so?      Only a premium moron would take that inference from the things said.     That would be you.

William H. Bonney
14 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Got Alan ****ing Preston in return 

Trapper John McIntyre
2 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

Got Alan ****ing Preston in return 

I still haven't fully recovered from that.

17 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I was at that game.    6-0 going on 12.     

This is exactly the same in just about zero ways.     Good try but.

Going on 10 is A lot better.

19 minutes ago, Snedds76 said:

Were  hearts 3 points off the top of the league at the time?

I can’t see us being 3 points of the top by the end of weekend 

Real opportunity missed and the manager needs to take some responsibility for this 

I’m not saying it’s time for Craig to go because he is a jambo through and through like the rest of us  Jordon wasn’t 

and craig will be hurting  like us all.

But can’t keep putting it down to injuries 

The players he has recruited should be capable enough not to be battered like they were 

He picks them  tinkers with line ups . The results over last few weeks are nothing to be desired so punters are entitled to their thoughts on his position 

Id like to see us playing more positive attacking play instead of keeping moving the ball to our ain keeper 

EastSideJambo

I was there that day. Never felt so embarrassed watching Hearts as I did that day. I remember Brian Rice literally walked right through the middle of the pitch unattended and stroked the ball in. The players set out to lose that game to get Jordan sacked. Mackay has admitted that 

Craig Levein played that day. I remember Hogg refused to go on as a sub at 4 or 5. It's was scandalous stuff 

Tonight wasn't on that level but it was atrocious nonetheless 

47 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Levein sold Kyle Lafferty and replaced him with Craig Wighton.

Ps. That has nothing to do with the actual OP. Just saying that transfer business was horrendous.

been here before
9 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

I was there that day. Never felt so embarrassed watching Hearts as I did that day. I remember Brian Rice literally walked right through the middle of the pitch unattended and stroked the ball in. The players set out to lose that game to get Jordan sacked. Mackay has admitted that 

Craig Levein played that day. I remember Hogg refused to go on as a sub at 4 or 5. It's was scandalous stuff 

I was at Motherell that day watching the reserves win the league.

Boy with a tranny pinned to his ear giving us updates from Brockville

Turned round at one point and said "if it gets to 5 Im ****in off". 5 minutes later we noticed he was gone. Mever quite understood why you would leave a game early because of the result at anotjer game, but there ye go.

Quite a good Hearts crowd that day through there as I recall.

Edited by been here before

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Nobody thinks so.    Have you seen anyone say so?      Only a premium moron would take that inference from the things said.     That would be you.

Premium you say ? what’s before us is not good enough 

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

I was at that game.    6-0 going on 12.     

This is exactly the same in just about zero ways.     Good try but.

Same, that wee Hibby twat was made to look like Ronaldinho, Kevin McAllister and not the one from Home Alone.

My dad taught me that day to take a defeat like a man, we never left early no matter how painful.

Edited by Neon

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

Spot on. 

Holyrood_Hearts
7 hours ago, pointon said:

So losing 5-0 to Livingston is acceptable ?

Of course it’s not. Don’t be stupid.

28 minutes ago, pointon said:

I hope Anne Budge shoes some steel because we’re are on the road to no where with yesterday’s man

Why would Anne need steel shoes? Is it because you've misquoted one of the 3 lame clichés in your post?

9 hours ago, EastSideJambo said:

When you mentioned Brian Rice I thought you were describing Menga’s goal last night.

10 hours ago, pointon said:

It did happen, I was there.. Were you? 

I was also at 0-7 v Hibs, watched us lose 7 at home to Dundee, lose 6-2 at ER plus a few others. 

Freak results happen now and again to every club. Poor performance from us last night but 0-0 after 70 minutes. Last night we gave away a penalty, had a player sent off and lost 5 goals in 15 minutes. Never seen that before in over 50 years watching Hearts. Dont think I have heard of that happening in any game anywhere. As I said freak result, however it’s in the past. It’s now all about the response to last night,  from management and more importantly, players. 

I certainly was freak result! Look at at are form going into the game hey we have injuries so does that justify getting horsed off Livingston 

53 minutes ago, argyjambo said:

Why would Anne need steel shoes? Is it because you've misquoted one of the 3 lame clichés in your post?

The boot ? 

10 hours ago, iantjambo said:

He did too, so agree with this sentiment.

11 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Mercer sold Crabbe not Jordan. 5 wins in a row and then pumped after Falkirk defeat.....!

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

It did happen, I was there.. Were you? 

I was also at 0-7 v Hibs, watched us lose 7 at home to Dundee, lose 6-2 at ER plus a few others. 

Freak results happen now and again to every club. Poor performance from us last night but 0-0 after 70 minutes. Last night we gave away a penalty, had a player sent off and lost 5 goals in 15 minutes. Never seen that before in over 50 years watching Hearts. Dont think I have heard of that happening in any game anywhere. As I said freak result, however it’s in the past. It’s now all about the response to last night,  from management and more importantly, players. 

This....... also heard about fisticuffs last night in the dressing room. Anyone know if that's true...? 

11 hours ago, iantjambo said:

It was Mercer that sold Crabbe because we needed the money.

11 hours ago, mitch41 said:

It was Mercer that sold Crabbe because we needed the money.

I dont remember that but I do remember being really fed up about it.

He got a career ending injury not long after as well iirc.

On 15/12/2018 at 09:12, pointon said:

I certainly was freak result! Look at at are form going into the game hey we have injuries so does that justify getting horsed off Livingston 

This made me laugh way more than it should of....

23 hours ago, Section Q said:

This....... also heard about fisticuffs last night in the dressing room. Anyone know if that's true...? 

That happens a lot more than you’d imagine , during training , after games etc so wouldn’t surprise me on the back of that result. Its not necessarily a bad thing though if the players are mature enough in how they deal with it

Hans von Luck

Part of the problem is that we have an indecisive chairwoman in charge who unlike the great Wallace Mercer does not have the balls to take action and be ruthless.

Sandy Jardine, Wee Doddy and Joe Jordan all axed by Wallace after unacceptable results and performances.

There was a huge divide between Jordan and the squad at the time. Witnessed it myself at Tynecastle just days before the Falkirk collapse.

No reason to believe there is such an issue at the moment between Levein and the squad. Which, it could be argued, makes Friday's collapse even more alarming.

SectionDJambo

Whilst the result and collapse on Friday were unacceptable to any Hearts fan, it has, on occasion, happened before. The only other time it resulted in the sacking of our manager,that I can recall, was the Joe Jordan situation, which was brewing for some time.

The 7-1 from Dundee, at home, that cost us the championship didn’t, immediately, cost Tommy Walker his job.

The 7-0 from Hibs, at home, didn’t, immediately, cost Bobby Seith his job. He did have us top of the league for a while at the start of the next season.

The 6-2 from Hibs didn’t cost Jim Jefferies his job, as didn’t the 4-0 cup defeat at Falkirk cost Craig Levein his either. 

One of the worst results I can remember was losing to Forfar Athletic, at home, in the cup. No talk of Alex MacDonald losing his job then, which was just as well.

The important thing for us now, is for Levein and his coaching staff to use this low point to galvanise his players into making amends, by stopping being a bunch of feardies and doing what other clubs do - get stuck in. 

We, as fans, only ask one thing of our team. That is that they try 100% for the entire match, whether they are winning or losing, and let the opposition know they are in a game. Things can go wrong, but don’t pack in the fight.

On 15/12/2018 at 22:11, luckydug said:

I dont remember that but I do remember being really fed up about it.

He got a career ending injury not long after as well iirc.

Wallace Mercer did apologise to Jordan because he did promise to give Big Joe money for a replacement  but couldn't as the money was need else where.

On 14/12/2018 at 22:23, pointon said:

It was coming before then. Player power. 

Shame really. Sacking Alex MacDonald was the original mistake. But once you change it you bring in instability. 

Strange we went from a good second to struggling. But same happened to Jim Jefferies. Football is a tough business. 

Edited by Mikey1874