Players off to Prague tomorrow

jimmy the jambo

letsalldothebeattie

After last night they should cancel this idea right away and Levein should have them in all weekend with some good old fashioned hard graft training. The players deserve feck all enjoyment after that shambolic performance last night 

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• soonbe110

• EastSideJambo

• Bull's-eye

Bare minimum, the players should have a whip round and refund the supporters.  So close to Xmas, to a lot of supporters they spent a lot of money last night to get to Livi and back.

Then they can **** off to Prague and come back when they remember the basics and grow a pair of baws.

9 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Think you will find that Berra Naismith Souter and Uche were all missing at the same time. Berra returned as Dunne was injured so still four missing at same time. 

I get your point but it loses its strength with innacurate statements. . 

Naismith, Berra, Souttar and Dunne are our 4 best players. 

Only 3 were out at a time, and even then it was minimal crossover.

Don't get me wrong, I like Uche and he's been a big miss. That's because we have no replacement for Lafferty though, not because he's one of our 4 best players.

All just imo.

6 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Naismith, Berra, Souttar and Dunne are our 4 best players. 

Only 3 were out at a time, and even then it was minimal crossover.

Don't get me wrong, I like Uche and he's been a big miss. That's because we have no replacement for Lafferty though, not because he's one of our 4 best players.

All just imo.

Not sure I agree. Best 4 at start of season when we were winning every  week were Dunne, Souttar, Naismith and Uche after having lost our captain and leader in game 2. There’s been quite a few games when 4 out of that 5 have been missing. 

43 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Bare minimum, the players should have a whip round and refund the supporters.  So close to Xmas, to a lot of supporters they spent a lot of money last night to get to Livi and back.

Then they can **** off to Prague and come back when they remember the basics and grow a pair of baws.

They will be absolutely skint if they start giving out refunds in the next few weeks . That result last night has been coming and could easily have come last week. Can’t see any improvement coming probably be similar results at pittodrie and Easter road

1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

Being a footballer isn’t an everyday job.

I don’t have lots of people paying top money to watch me do my job.

If I have a shite week at work, it wouldn’t ruin the weekend for thousands of people.

I’d cancel the whole ******* thing and wouldn’t give a flying one if it made me look petty.

Ruin your weekend?! Ffs as you get older I've learnt that no hearts result is spoiling my weekends. 

I hope when they return from their "jolly" Levein makes them watch the whole 90 minutes again and make them listen to the pundits take on the performance.Also show them BBC Sports News this morning,which has made them a "laughing stock" and have the newspaper reports on the walls of the Changing Room.The team that wanted to win last night,won easily.If some of the youngsters start at Pittodrie next Saturday,there shall be no complaints from me.

11 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Ach let them go. They can stew over it and hopefully give themselves a shake. 

Ideally, of course, I would want them running up the Gullane dunes for the next 48 hours but that’s not going to happen. 

Just like what we did when JJ and BB was in charge. Or we could have them run up and down the Wheatfield with their kits on their back.

11 minutes ago, Snedds76 said:

Ruin your weekend?! Ffs as you get older I've learnt that no hearts result is spoiling my weekends. 

I’ve tried that approach.

God knows I’ve tried

:sob:

1 hour ago, Oliver Twist said:

Hope the lads have a good time and are able to let off some stream away from prying eyes.

Internet stream or fishing in a stream.

gok.png

12 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Personally I could not board that flight 

Same here coz I would get thrown off after two minutes if I did, I would tear right into them and let them know how much they have shamed my club and fellow Hearts fans.

edit: I know what you meant SG:thumbsup:

Edited by jamboozy

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Same here coz I would get thrown off after two minutes if I did, I would tear right into them and let them know how much they have shamed my club and fellow Hearts fans.

edit: I know what you meant SG:thumbsup:

You never know. Flight maybe hijacked and heading for Siberian mines 

:leveinproblem:

After a horrendous result like that it is not necessarily a bad thing that they go away, get away from the media storm/fans, and then come back ready to put in some hard training and to start getting some results. I was there last night and was disgusted with the performance but I think they should go, although if I were a player I'd probably feel quite guilty going away on a piss up after embarassing myself.

Edited by Jambos_1874

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

You never know. Flight maybe hijacked and heading for Siberian mines 

:leveinproblem:

?? they probably think gulag is an oat based breakfast dish.

1 hour ago, Oliver Twist said:

Hope the lads have a good time and are able to let off some stream away from prying eyes.

Hope they all have their phones switched off then otherwise there is no privacy anywhere.

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Not sure I agree. Best 4 at start of season when we were winning every  week were Dunne, Souttar, Naismith and Uche after having lost our captain and leader in game 2. There’s been quite a few games when 4 out of that 5 have been missing. 

That's fair. As I say, it's just my opinion. No more right than yours. I think the injuries thing is overplayed a bit but accept if people value players differently then of course the perceived impact will be different  ??

I think Levein is great but I do feel something needs to change. He brings so much good to the club but I think his team leaves a lot to be desired.

The idea of him moving back upstairs used to seem unacceptable for me but now I'm probably in favour of it. I want Levein part of this club, he's invaluable to us but I think he needs to find another person to manage the first team. We were very lucky with Robbie and disastrous unlucky with Cathro. I'd like to see us go back to a younger, motivated first team coach (none of the current ones sadly imo) with Craig overseeing everything as per before. Sadly I think the Cathro debacle will have scared many off that set up.

jimmy the jambo
9 minutes ago, redm said:

Good. Christmas is cancelled. ?

It's not yet,they fly out later tonight and training today was agreed beforehand.

A few players won't be going especially the injured ones and surprisingly Demi Mitchell,I can only guess Man Utd refused it down to not being practical and best interest of the player.

If the weather forecast is spot on,The flight might get grounded,That would be the icing on the cake for me.

Gordon Ramsay

This should be cancelled and they should be refunding every fan that was subjected to that last night.

That was a ******* disgrace and it's been coming for weeks. 

Excuses about referees and injuries just don't wash anymore. There is absolutely 0 heart and desire in that squad and it has been the case long before Levein took over.

12 hours ago, Snedds76 said:

There's been fairly decent reasons for that like 4 of our best players being missing, now it's 3. I'm no defending tonight and we're lucky we weren't 3 nil down at ht but fexk me this forum at times for over reaction!

I'm normally fairly relaxed but even I was seething at that performance last night.

Sure we have players missing but that doesn't excuse the lack of effort from the others.

It looked to me as if they just didn't want to play on that pitch and hardly made any tackles in case they got their knees skint.

The second goal in particular was an example, player after player making no effort to get to the ball.

It's results like that that get managers the sack and usually occur when the manager has lost the dressing room. The Falkirk result under Jordan being an example.

There is no way these players should be allowed to swan off to Prague at our /the club's expense.

If CL is worth his salt he'll have the skiving ****ers up and down the sand dunes at Gullane instead.

For my money this was the most embarrassing result in my time watching Hearts and that includes the 0-7 on NY day 1973.

At least Hibs were a class team at that time and we actually had chances to go in front that day before they scored. 

We could have been three down at half time last night and god knows what the score would have ended up then.

If we are as big a club as we think then there has to be fall out from this. Big clubs do not lose by five goals to teams who play in a ****ing shopping centre.?

18 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I'm normally fairly relaxed but even I was seething at that performance last night.

Sure we have players missing but that doesn't excuse the lack of effort from the others.

It looked to me as if they just didn't want to play on that pitch and hardly made any tackles in case they got their knees skint.

The second goal in particular was an example, player after player making no effort to get to the ball.

It's results like that that get managers the sack and usually occur when the manager has lost the dressing room. The Falkirk result under Jordan being an example.

There is no way these players should be allowed to swan off to Prague at our /the club's expense.

If CL is worth his salt he'll have the skiving ****ers up and down the sand dunes at Gullane instead.

For my money this was the most embarrassing result in my time watching Hearts and that includes the 0-7 on NY day 1973.

At least Hibs were a class team at that time and we actually had chances to go in front that day before they scored. 

We could have been three down at half time last night and god knows what the score would have ended up then.

If we are as big a club as we think then there has to be fall out from this. Big clubs do not lose by five goals to teams who play in a ****ing shopping centre.?

Sums up how I’m feeling.

I always try my best to defend the club and Levein but there should be massive fallout from last nights display. We are unlikely to hear about it of course but the next couple of weeks may be revealing.

It’d be inexcusable on Leveins part just to shrug last night off as one of these things.

An utter embarrassment that’s imo sacking material.

1 hour ago, Peebo said:

Multiple first team players, including Naismith, training at Heriot watt right now. 

Yeah I saw a few of them. Austin there as well. 

Not much they can do except get get their heads down and work 

If the players are paying for the trip themselves then what is the problem.

if it is being paid for by the club then cancel should Levein consider it warranted.

Personally, it feels a tad raw flying off to Prague to party after last night's debacle.

Just got back from there last night and it's was a great trip. My 2nd time there and although we passed Hooters a few times my wife did not want to go in!

Our season really has come off the rails and is way way disappointing.

Prague is not a 'reward' , it is a Christmas night out that nearly every company has irrespective of if you have had a good or bad year. 

As bad as last night and last 9 games have been, I have no problem with the team enjoying a Christmas jolly.

If it has been cancelled then that is poor and a complete waste of money.

Edited by Gambo

2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Prague is not a 'reward' , it is a Christmas night out that nearly every company has irrespective of if you have had a good or bad year. 

As bad as last night and last 9 games have been, I have no problem with the team enjoying a Christmas jolly.

Should send some supporters in their place,as an apology.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Football is different. It's in the public eye. Would have been the end had they gone for several. 

Trust and respect need restored not demolished