Aaron Hughes

Mr Rabbit

There’s no excuses for tonight. Terrible all over the park however if Aaron Hughes doesn’t retire off the back of that performance I’ll have lost all respect for him.

A great career but absolutely finished and at fault for at least two of the goals.

Just now, Mr Rabbit said:

There’s no excuses for tonight. Terrible all over the park however if Aaron Hughes doesn’t retire off the back of that performance I’ll have lost all respect for him.

A great career but absolutely finished and at fault for at least two of the goals.

Worst player on the park, and that's saying a ****ing lot

Not welcome to wear the jersey again. Would prefer if he just didn't come back to the club at all after that. Head home and **** off back to wherever he lives. 

Never understood why he was signed. I heard a lot of chatter about what his experience brings behind the scenes but that's not worth much if when he does play he's a liability. He should be moved on. 

I would be surprised if he is here beyond Jan...think a 'mutual' agreement will be done....lost for words with his offering tonight....along with quite a few others...

A_A wehatethehibs

Didn’t mind keeping him on as a spare experience pro around the squad at the start of the season but the day comes for every player as surely as death comes to us all. 

He was retired by the young bucks of livi tonight.

30 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

That will be his final game as a professional footballer 

It was an embarrassment 

You don't get to make that decision, you''re really not that important.

EastSideJambo
2 minutes ago, graygo said:

You don't get to make that decision, you''re really not that important.

Oh here we go. An uber fan is hurt and offended 

I never said I do my dear fellow. I strongly suspect he'll call it a day after being utterly humiliated by a bunch of honest pros who are earning a modest wage and who were playing Scottish third tier this time two years ago 

Sorry if that doesn't sit well with you. But it's sadly how it is 

Edited by EastSideJambo

1 minute ago, EastSideJambo said:

Oh here we go. An uber fan is hurt and offended 

I never said I do my dear fellow. I strongly suspect he'll call it a day after being utterly humiliated by a bunch of honest pros who are earning a modest wage and who were playing Scottish third tier this time two years ago 

Sorry if that doesn't sit well with you. But it's sadly how it is 

I don't know what an "uber fan" is but I reckon a very large majority of our support would qualify as one compared to you.

John mcCartney

brought on ,first game in eons,artificial pitch,counter attacking team,should have dropped haring back when clevid went off injured

He’s had a great career but he looked like he should have been playing against other 40 year olds tonight in a legends game or a testimonial. Passed it. Mind you, he’s our 5th choice centerhalf which shows how threadbare our squad is. 

Absolutely pointless contract extension in the summer. Utterly honking tonight. Made Dikomona’s sub appearance vs Rangers look like a Roy of the Rovers fairy tale. 

4 minutes ago, John mcCartney said:

brought on ,first game in eons,artificial pitch,counter attacking team,should have dropped haring back when clevid went off injured

Yes but he has been a pro for 20 years, had a gazillion international caps and 50000 club appearances, so he should be able to adapt to the conditions.

He simply cannot play for is again. 

2 minutes ago, The Merse said:

Hughes getting a contract extension is a sad indictment of Levein’s judgement these days tbh.

Yip. Looks now, and even at the time, to be a bad decision. Guy will know he's done, not going to add to the flogging.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Left as one of two at the back not really smart thinking. Berra and Hughes utterly exposed. 

He is too old yes but the way we defended as a team for the final 18 minutes was far more of a concern than Hughes himself 

BRING_BACK_MO_BERTHA

He should be sacked or made to retire. Yes Levein should not have played him in a back four but he’s an international defender for god sake, he should literally be ashamed of his performance. How on earth is he better than Baur, Petkov or Hamilton...if that had been one of our journeyman foreigners putting in that performance then the media and fans would be in meltdown...?

John mcCartney

watching that unfold at the game tonight was not the entirely the players fault.
levein has to take responsibility for even including him in a current side never mind chucking him on tonight...
livingston showed enough intent prior to clevid departing the scene to ward against bringing on a statue.we all knew the guy wasnt up to it anymore and the rest is history

Don't have the actual stats but I remember noticing when he first signed and was being praised when he was in and out of the team, we seemed to concede a goal in virtually every game he played in compared to when he didn't.

I think it must be hard to be 39 hardly playing then chucked into a SPL match. He did well last year at right back against McGinn but he was awful tonight. I am not convinced he is finished but he was rank rotten tonight.

Finally.

He's been shit for years.  I'm just surprised he's actually played a game for us as he is normally injured (and surprisingly fit for N Ireland) 

Bazzas right boot

If Dikamona is ****ed, we'll need him for a bit yet. 

Dunne is out, Souttar is out, Dikamona went off injured, Berra is 3 games back after a 4 month injury. 

Aye, now is the perfect time for Hughes to retire. 

Makes sense. 

rudi must stay

May as well rip up his contract. He's been pathetic and gutless for Hearts, 'his pace has gone' that's fine but in a Hearts shirt so has his effort and desire to win

41 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

If Dikamona is ****ed, we'll need him for a bit yet. 

Dunne is out, Souttar is out, Dikamona went off injured, Berra is 3 games back after a 4 month injury. 

Aye, now is the perfect time for Hughes to retire. 

Makes sense. 

Steven Caulker is a free agent and could play immediately since he cancelled his contract with Dundee before the window shut.

Not sure when Dunne is back or how long Dikamona is out for but if both are bad this could be a solution. Smith is a capable CB too.

Hughes as a player is gone. I don't think the desire is there anymore and clearly the reading of the game and match sharpness is gone too. Shouldn't play for us again. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, OTT said:

Steven Caulker is a free agent and could play immediately since he cancelled his contract with Dundee before the window shut.

Not sure when Dunne is back or how long Dikamona is out for but if both are bad this could be a solution. Smith is a capable CB too.

Hughes as a player is gone. I don't think the desire is there anymore and clearly the reading of the game and match sharpness is gone too. Shouldn't play for us again. 

Yip, a player who has huge personal issues, hasn't trained or played for 4 months or so, doesn't know the team or players will cost £2k plus per week at least will be a better filler than Hughes for the next 3 games as he'll be fitter, more match sharp and read the game better than him. 

Makes perfect sense. 

2 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Yip, a player who has huge personal issues, hasn't trained or played for 4 months or so, doesn't know the team or players will cost £2k plus per week at least will be a better filler than Hughes for the next 3 games as he'll be fitter, more match sharp and read the game better than him. 

Makes perfect sense. 

I have no idea if he is still suffering personal issues, my view was that he activated that clause in his contract so he could join a better team and no one has taken him. Hughes is ****ing shite and shouldn't play for us again. Dikamona would have been as well being sent off because we were a man down from the minute he stepped onto the pitch. 

I don't believe hughes has the hunger, drive or desire to keep playing. Should not be on the pitch for us again. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, OTT said:

I have no idea if he is still suffering personal issues, my view was that he activated that clause in his contract so he could join a better team and no one has taken him. Hughes is ****ing shite and shouldn't play for us again. Dikamona would have been as well being sent off because we were a man down from the minute he stepped onto the pitch. 

I don't believe hughes has the hunger, drive or desire to keep playing. Should not be on the pitch for us again. 

Caulker also seems to have even less desire to play... 

He'll be less match fit

Less fit

So although, Hughes may be paseed it for the reasons you give, giving Caulker as a solution is bizzare. 

He appears to have less desire to play than Hughes and will be less fit, less sharp and less match fit than Hughes, not to mention he has had personal issues and doesn't know the teams, so he'd be absolutely no use for the next 3 games and all Likley far worse than Hughes.