Zlamal

DB-14

Totally agree time to take him out the firing line, however the only time I saw Doyle in the IrnBru game against Ross County he looked very hesitant and was not overly impressed by his performance at all

Give him a chance, however If Doyle is not the answer, where do we go ?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OTT

• Marvin

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

Bungalow Bill

He’s a character which is great in a goalkeeper, but too many howlers for me. He’s not the required standard so needs replaced, shame it didn’t work out. 

8 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Not really recovered from the semi final.against the mhanks. 

A former Hearts legend goalkeeper who delivers my mail reckoned a few weeks ago that the jury was out on him. 

I wasnt at tonight's game but it sounds like the jury has reached a verdict.....

Doyle to play against Aberdeen.

Henry Smith? 

Best save against Tommy Coyne I’ve ever seen. Defied the laws of gravity. 

The concerns I've always had with him is.

1. He's not vocal at all. 

I sit in the Gorgie road end behind the goals. I can honestly say that I have never once heard him shout for a ball, or have any communication with the defence in the slightest. 

He gives them no instructions at all. He's the one watching the game face on all the time. 

2. As has been seen and spoke on abundantly here. 

For someone so tall and well built. His lack of coming out for crosses is terrible. The odd one or two he does choose to come for, he decides to punch them, and it's very poorly. 

In recent games it has cost us vs sevco and last night. 

3. His distribution is poor in both his kicking and his decision making to play out quick. 

After last nights fiasco. He would be one of many to take a seat on the bench for the next game.

1 hour ago, Des Lynam said:

Henry Smith? 

Best save against Tommy Coyne I’ve ever seen. Defied the laws of gravity. 

Reminds me of Niemi saves against hubz and sellick.

Unfortunately I’ve no confidence in Doyle. I’ve watched him a couple of times in the reserves and he’s not impressed. January despite what Levein said about recruitment we need a goalkeeper and someone in the middle who gets stuck in.

Edited by Dannie Boy

queensferryjambo

I have always give Zlamal the benefit of the doubt but think he needs dropped now. Give Doyle a game and see if he can grab his chance. If Doyle isn't good enough then at least Zlamal might come back in knowing he isn't an automatic pick and needs to stay on top of his game. 

1 hour ago, copa-mundial said:

The concerns I've always had with him is.

1. He's not vocal at all. 

I sit in the Gorgie road end behind the goals. I can honestly say that I have never once heard him shout for a ball, or have any communication with the defence in the slightest. 

He gives them no instructions at all. He's the one watching the game face on all the time. 

2. As has been seen and spoke on abundantly here. 

For someone so tall and well built. His lack of coming out for crosses is terrible. The odd one or two he does choose to come for, he decides to punch them, and it's very poorly. 

In recent games it has cost us vs sevco and last night. 

3. His distribution is poor in both his kicking and his decision making to play out quick. 

After last nights fiasco. He would be one of many to take a seat on the bench for the next game.

Nothing wrong with his kicking. Competent with both feet. Agree with the other two points.

40 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

I have always give Zlamal the benefit of the doubt but think he needs dropped now. Give Doyle a game and see if he can grab his chance. If Doyle isn't good enough then at least Zlamal might come back in knowing he isn't an automatic pick and needs to stay on top of his game. 

Zlamal has been with about 8 clubs in 10 years, I think we can now see why, I can confidently predict Zlamal will not be at Hearts next season, probably on loan

I still like him and think he's capable of coming good again but it is absolutely time he was dropped for a spell. He's looked unconvincing for weeks and there has to be competition for places. 

He is an acrobat with a yellow jersey,how many times has he ended up in the back of the net after conceding a goal?‍♂️

Every time he is in for a penelty he would be as well standing at the side and let them kick it in to an empty net he's nearly on the ground time they get to hit it and for his punching the ball how many times last night did it fall to a livi player in the box just catch the ball 

Sorry Bobby, but you need dropped.  I don't know that Doyle is the answer either. Seen him a couple of times playing for the reserves and he does not fill me with confidence. 

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Aye. Yes it was a fantastic save.

Loved Henry but let's be honest he made some howlers during his time at the club.  It's the way of the world for goalies unfortunately. Errors, more often than not, result in goals against. Bobby kept us in the game in the 1st half but was poor for the pen and at the pen (seems easy to beat from the spot). No idea what Doyle will be like but maybe give him a try.

2 hours ago, Dannie Boy said:

Unfortunately I’ve no confidence in Doyle. I’ve watched him a couple of times in the reserves and he’s not impressed. January despite what Levein said about recruitment we need a goalkeeper and someone in the middle who gets stuck in.

Adao?

3 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Loved Henry but let's be honest he made some howlers during his time at the club.  It's the way of the world for goalies unfortunately. Errors, more often than not, result in goals against. Bobby kept us in the game in the 1st half but was poor for the pen and at the pen (seems easy to beat from the spot). No idea what Doyle will be like but maybe give him a try.

I've seen Doyle and don't want anywhere near the keepers top. He's a bigger bombscare than Bobby ever will be. Bobby needs a good game to regain his confidence.

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, Marvin said:

I've seen Doyle and don't want anywhere near the keepers top. He's a bigger bombscare than Bobby ever will be. Bobby needs a good game to regain his confidence.

Where have you seen Doyle? 

1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Where have you seen Doyle? 

from the numerous online clips. Also my auld man who sometimes attends development games. 

chester copperpot

He is utter horse shit. Been saying it since he joined. 

I actually cannot stand him. His Facebook false love for Hearts is cringeworthy too.

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, Marvin said:

from the numerous online clips. Also my auld man who sometimes attends development games. 

We've seen online clips of players making them look amazing but who've turned out to be pants.  Not sure reserve/developmental games are a good place to judge either. 

15 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

He is utter horse shit. Been saying it since he joined. 

yet...

On 05/10/2018 at 11:38, chester copperpot said:

He's a far better keeper than what we have had previously though.

On 08/11/2018 at 18:31, chester copperpot said:

Bobby is good enough, I don't rate him as much as I did McLaughlin tho.

Edited by To Be Frank

4 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

That type of player. In saying that the Refs will love it when we sign one. 

In my view he's been a big miss. never got bullied when he was on the pitch

ToadKiller Dog

He symptomatic of the crash in belief in the side, on form he isn't a bad keeper. 

He is erratic can pull of class saves but equally makes a howler. 

Needs rested for a while. 

No where near our worst ever keeper that was and always will be Kurskis. 

I still believe he needs dropped on principal. You do not ship 5 goals in a game against anyone except Celtic (begrudingly) and keep your position. 

He was solid at the start of the season when things were going well. I would probably say his deterioration is due to the team in front of him. The midfield aren't doing their jobs which has knock on effects, first, the striker isn't getting chances created and obviously you need chances to score goals. Because we're not scoring goals the defence is being put under excessive pressure because every mistake they make will lose us the game.

Need to have a long look at the midfield and work out who we need because the current crop aren't doing shit. 

There's a reserve match on Monday against the blue arse cheek. Give Doyle a game and see how sharp he looks. 

I've not been impressed by what I've seen BUT the guy has an impressive Cv so must have something about him!!

The enforced changes week in week in the defensive pairing aren't helping us either. It's just been a bit of a nightmare. 

2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

We've seen online clips of players making them look amazing but who've turned out to be pants.  Not sure reserve/developmental games are a good place to judge either. 

fair enough.

I like him, I've backed him, but agree he needs dropped. He gave away the penalty kick, but I don't think he blundered with any of the goals. That said, a keeper that ships five to (no disrespect) Livi shouldn't keep his place. 

I have reservations about Doyle, but he should get between now and the winter break to stake a claim.

The winter break is a chance for us to regroup, including Bobby.

Edited by blairdin

Captain Canada

He was having a pretty good season up until the cup semi-final. Since then he's been responsible for a number of goals and looks to have gone off the boil completely. 

I can't see how he can retain his place for the Aberdeen game. For one of the goals last night he sprinted out and barged into the back of Hughes. And for the penalty the ball seemed to be in the air for an eternity before he decided to come for it. 

Doyle has played at a high level and deserves an opportunity to show what he can do. There's no point in having competition for places if we don't drop people out of form.  

20 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

He was having a pretty good season up until the cup semi-final. Since then he's been responsible for a number of goals and looks to have gone off the boil completely. 

I can't see how he can retain his place for the Aberdeen game. For one of the goals last night he sprinted out and barged into the back of Hughes. And for the penalty the ball seemed to be in the air for an eternity before he decided to come for it. 

Doyle has played at a high level and deserves an opportunity to show what he can do. There's no point in having competition for places if we don't drop people out of form.  

This, this and this again.

Amongst the usual pant wetting about the keeper who has apparently been shocking all season, occasionally a bit of common sense seeps through.  

"Player starts season well, form starts to dip, eventually has a really poor game, gets dropped for the next man up".

Sums it up really. 

A bit petty I know but has Bobby even gone the right way once on penalty against us this season?

Advantage always with your penalty taker (generally) but you want your keeper getting the right way 1 in 2 and saving or getting close to saving 1 in 3 don’t you?

Particularly when Hearts are going to get a load of pens against them.

I think having seen Levein’s comments we’ll see him dropped next game anyway.

Edited by Jammy T

10 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

never been close to saving a penalty.  just seems to close his eyes and jumps the wrong way every time

He has a 33% chance of going the right way (go left, stay central or go right) 50/50 if he dives. The reason he's always going the wrong way is because he goes too early. I'm utterly bewildered a 33 year old goal keeper who has no doubt been playing the position since he was 10/11 years old doesn't realise that if you dive before the ball is kicked, the striker will just go the other way.

I like Bobby, but **** me.. how can he not understand that??

Edited by OTT

2 minutes ago, OTT said:

He has a 33% chance of going the right way (go left, stay central or go right) 50/50 if he dives. The reason he's always going the wrong way is because he goes too early. I'm utterly bewildered a 33 year old goal keeper who has no doubt been playing the position since he was 10/11 years old doesn't realise that if you dive before the ball is kicked, the striker will just go the other way.

I like Bobby, but **** me.. how can he not understand that??

exactly how I see it. bewildering

19 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

exactly how I see it. bewildering

I mean. if its not in his game it falls onto the goalkeeping coach to coach it into his game surely? Currently, if we concede a penalty, we concede a goal. Coaching delaying his dive by a second or two will make a massive difference to his game and can't be that difficult to show him? 

45 minutes ago, OTT said:

I mean. if its not in his game it falls onto the goalkeeping coach to coach it into his game surely? Currently, if we concede a penalty, we concede a goal. Coaching delaying his dive by a second or two will make a massive difference to his game and can't be that difficult to show him? 

That would require us coaching him properly. We don't do that at Hearts, we just keep making the same mistakes over and over again.