• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OTT

• Marvin

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Erratic. Capable of brilliance followed by blunder. I could score 10 out of 10 pens against him. Show him left kick it right 

I thought he was playing really well up until the penalty. I do agree though, on principle you cannot concede 5 in that manner and keep your place. Lets see if Doyle is up to much...

Said it on the match thread, he is always an accident waiting to happen. Great shot stopper but does not command the box and creates uncertainty in the defence. Any high ball is a flap or even worse a punch in front of his chest. 

Jambo in Yorkshire

He flapped at 2 crosses in the first half that nearly resulted in goals. Worse keeper ever at trying to save pens!

Makes good reflex saves but all round performance isn’t good enough.

wattie exploited

I said this the other week that he should get dropped and people were giving me stick for it but seems like i was right !!!!!!!!!!

Edited by wattie exploited

Great shot stopper but total bombscare on crosses either comes and punches poorly or stays put when he should come.

Every penalty he is on his arse before the taker makes contact makes it easy for them.

Time to see what Doyle is like.

He is a very good shot stopper, but so are all professional goalkeepers. It is all the other parts of the game that make a great goalkeeper. 

He doesnt command his box, or come for crosses. Punches when he should be catching. He is just like Zibi, just not good enough. 

I thought he had a good first half with 3 descent saves but the couple of splaff punch outs and the pissing about between him and Haring 

our defence has been playing so deep for weeks it’s inevitable our keeper would come a cropper which happened tonight 

As said time to gee Doyle his chance 

iain ferguson

Even poor managers will be telling their players to target him at any set play. Great shot stopper but terrible otherwise. Not sure if Doyle is the answer from what I have seen but we need to find out.

He caused the collapse with daft penalty but it’s time for him to go he got lucky in the first half but he is simply not good enough overdue to be dropped weeks ago . However our management don’t seem to agree . Hmm ? 

Possibly the worst keeper I've seen when it comes to penalties. Was almost hoping his red would stand just to see Doyle/whoever actually make an attempt to save it.

Felix Lighter
Just now, neilnunb said:

Possibly the worst keeper I've seen when it comes to penalties. Was almost hoping his red would stand just to see Doyle/whoever actually make an attempt to save it.

The same.

1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

Agreed. I watched the previous penalty and the guy telegraphed it so obviously even Stevie Wonder could have read it.

I like him and he is a good stopper but let's give Doyle a go ffs. 

Becoming more and more of a bomb scare. His reluctance to want to come and claim anything is becoming hugely frustrating not quite as frustrating as McLean permanently standing with his arms outstretched bemoaning some unseen injustice but getting there.

Time to be dropped. Absolutely horrendous yet again. Yes he makes some amazing saves, but he is a bombscare the rest of the time. And yet again he started diving before the penalty was kicked. Shocking performance and totally unacceptable.

rudi must stay
2 hours ago, kila said:

Time to see what Doyle is like

I think he'll be a solid and dependable keeper who will be easier for the defence to communicate with (I've seen Berra and Zlamal have rows that were pathetic to watch over nothing as well). Could be the only positive from tonight's match

All roads lead to Gorgie

His season has been mixed to say the least, a few good saves but a few howlers to boot. He must be the easiest keeper to take a pen against as well as he always dives the wrong way. We could do a lot better.

My daughter ( 8yr old) likes him and says he's really good at doing the splits.

If we drop him I fear she'll lose interest and her first season ticket may well be her last.

I think its time to give Doyle a chance and as long as he does some sort of mid-match workout then everyone's happy

Thought he looked a bombscare when he signed but he was brilliant for a while. The bombscare worry is well and truly back over the last month or so. Capable of a stunning save before completely effing up 2 minutes later.

His confidence will take a huge hit after this. But IIRC there were posts about Doyle being mince in reserve games earlier in the season.

So the question is: do you drop Bobby now, bring Doyle in from the wilderness, pray that he is half decent and gels very quickly with the defenders ahead of a vital derby on the 29th, or do you stick with Bobby and give him the chance to redeem himself.

Edited by JH-HMFC

2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Not really recovered from the semi final.against the mhanks. 

A former Hearts legend goalkeeper who delivers my mail reckoned a few weeks ago that the jury was out on him. 

I wasnt at tonight's game but it sounds like the jury has reached a verdict.....

Doyle to play against Aberdeen.

100%. And no wonder. 

Pasquale for King

Lucky to stay on after punching the guy on the chin, can’t get near a penalty either and punches the ball downwards ??‍♂️, Cost us a fair few goals at the worst possible time.

Just finished a nightshift and managed to watch the goals on the beeb. From those highlights it's like he gave up trying after the false red card incident. He was fairly awful at all 5 goals and wasn't even near the ball that led to penalty incident. Having said that, the defence were an utter shambles and an embarrassment, especially at livvys 2nd goal. I agree that Doyle deserves a chance to show what he's capable of. If he doesn't get a chance in our next game what is the point of him being there?!

Holyrood_Hearts

Said this after the Kilmarnock game & was shot down on here because of our league position at the time. He needs dropped/rested. 

He’s directly at fault for the 1st & 3rd goal (WTF was he doing incidentally?) although wasn’t helped by the defending for the others. Aaron Hughes has to be finished with us. 

9 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Erratic. Capable of brilliance followed by blunder. I could score 10 out of 10 pens against him. Show him left kick it right 

Pretty much. 

You cant argue he makes some crucial stops but the telling mistakes are mounting up too quickly. 

Typical eccentric goalkeeper.

He’s just as likely to make a complete cock up as he is to make a brilliant save.

He’s not shite imo, but he does need a spell out.

John mcCartney

another nod to the management

keep on playing the bloke when itss been obvious for a while ,that hes a liability.....worst keeper ive saw in a hearts jersey
since returning to the capital 12 years ago