Top Posters In This Topic

• dustybin

• Seymour M Hersh

• Peebo

• Chuck Berry

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 15/12/2018 at 06:41, magicTs said:

Nothing to see here. Sweep sweep. Levein needs time, Levein needs transfer windows, Levein needs the support to be patient and back him. What a complete farce. Some Hearts supporters zip right up the back. 

You can say that again. 

5 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

Freak result!

Mind Southampton pumped man u in the 90s? Shit happens

How many times do I have to say that it is not just related to the result on Friday, you should realise this going by the lacklustre performances. 

Need to find a shape with a decent mix and then stick with it.  We change the team far to often and therefore players lack continuity and confidence.  You need to build partnerships all over the pitch but we can’t because we change the team every game.

got the players here but like Man Utd, totally underperforming 

2 minutes ago, dustybin said:

How many times do I have to say that it is not just related to the result on Friday, you should realise this going by the lacklustre performances. 

You should know that there are mitigating circumstances affecting our performances just know, but bash on pal.

If Levein left tomorrow we would not have a manager going into the winter break and therefore no manager to move players in and out so we would actually be worse off by the time the football kicks off again.

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

You should know that there are mitigating circumstances affecting our performances just know, but bash on pal.

If Levein left tomorrow we would not have a manager going into the winter break and therefore no manager to move players in and out so we would actually be worse off by the time the football kicks off again.

But that is the issue, the man at the helm is clueless and the majority of his signings apart from Naismith have been poor, why you'd give him another chance beggars belief. 

5 minutes ago, John mcCartney said:

most sensible punters on here want him and his team out at the end of the season

Try telling that to frankblack. 

6 minutes ago, dustybin said:

See where we are in May mate. Who would come in now and make a difference half way through the season? 

I believe things will get better once we get key players back from injury and the big Czech lad starts banging them in for fun.

We were great at the start of the season and we will be great again.

5 minutes ago, dustybin said:

But that is the issue, the man at the helm is clueless and the majority of his signings apart from Naismith have been poor, why you'd give him another chance beggars belief. 

They majority of his signings?  You mean the ones out injured who had us at the top of the league until November?

Away and sober up.

4 minutes ago, dustybin said:

Try telling that to frankblack. 

giphy.gif

54 minutes ago, frankblack said:

They majority of his signings?  You mean the ones out injured who had us at the top of the league until November?

Away and sober up.

giphy.gif

Are you on the bevy? ?

frankblack 

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, you'll find I'm not the only one who share mine. 

Btw, it's where we are at the end of the season and how we cope in dire situations, not just being top for a few games. 

John mcCartney

theres so much baffling decisions been made this season from the management it beggars belief

even the fascists on here cannot argue against

On 15/12/2018 at 07:53, Boab1874 said:

Ask Billy Davis he saw it.A club that is not run to be successful. If we are happy for our money to be wasted than why worry. Budge and company must go.

Who does he manage these days?

19 hours ago, EastSideJambo said:

That comparison being made here is truly insane 

Think it’s very apt actually. Let’s hope so and we have same second half of the season as 85/86. 

I don’t want Levein out and I desperately want him to succeed but time is running out no doubt. 

4th in the league and a decent cup run was the minimum we would accept at the start, I guess both are achievable but after the start we had expectations have risen and that is leading to great disappointment. 

CL has signed good strikers this season and a number of decent CHs. We have been unlucky with injuries. 

We have not addressed left back and have not addressed the glaring problems in midfield. CL has signed players for those position but they are not performing. I know good forward make a midfielders role easier, thus why Lee has gone from playing quite well to looking like another dud. But the reality is the midfield makes teams tick and we are very poor. We need pace, creativity and width. 

It also looks lie we we have a goal keeping issue as well. 

On ‎16‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 08:45, Nookie Bear said:

Were we playing better? Livi should have been 3 goals up before the pen. Yes it was a poor decision but every other club rolls up it’s sleeves and fights the injustice - why did we hide?

I agree with your last sentence though. I wanted Cathro out after we capitulated at Patrick following the hibs defeat. If Levein cannot get a reaction out of this lot then he has an issue. 

I should have made it clear that I meant "in the 2nd half."

First half was poor.

On 16/12/2018 at 19:30, frankblack said:

Away and sober up.

giphy.gif

Not the ones out injured obviously. ? 

On 16/12/2018 at 19:16, John mcCartney said:

most sensible punters on here want him and his team out at the end of the season

That rules out frankblack

1 hour ago, dustybin said:

Not the ones out injured obviously. ? 

1 hour ago, dustybin said:

That rules out frankblack

:cornette_dog:

Please enlighten me as to how sacking Levein in time for the transfer window is going to help our season?  No manager = no recruitment.

I'd also like to know who you think would take the job and improve us with no attack or defence available?  Don't say Steve Clarke - he already turned down the Sevco job so he sure as hell isn't coming to us.

kingantti1874

So levein rebuilds squad and has us well clear at top of the league, we lose all of our main centre backs and forwards at the same time (in the main internarionals) . And suddenly hes doing a bad job. :rofl:

There isnt a team in this league who could have coped with the injuries weve had. 

You want levein to go your either a hobo or a clueless roaster. End of story 

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

So levein rebuilds squad and has us well clear at top of the league, we lose all of our main centre backs and forwards at the same time (in the main internarionals) . And suddenly hes doing a bad job. :rofl:

There isnt a team in this league who could have coped with the injuries weve had. 

You've only just insulted all the sensible posters according to 

12 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

I should have made it clear that I meant "in the 2nd half."

First half was poor.

That's my point that some just do not get on here, the man gets nowt out of what he has. 

57 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I think this is it. We were unstoppable at the start of the season then immediately lost Berra which we kinda coped with. Then having the double whammy of losing Souttar and Uche followed by Naismith... then obviously Dunne and now Dikamona

Losing every single one of your key players for long spells is obviously going to impact your results. A good squad is the sum of all its parts, but you can't lose key players and expect to cope well. The fact we're still there abouts after the run we've had is fantastic and I think posters need to realise we can't financially afford to be 2 naismiths deep in every position. Wighton and Mclean are not as good as Uche and Naismith (nowhere near evidently). 

Take 4 key players out of any team and they struggle - Hibs, Ambrose, Kamberi, Boyle and Hanlon (they'd be rock bottom). Rangers have proved their pretty shite without Morelos, so add in Candias, Goldson Taviernier and Halliday they'd be on a similar run. Run through any SPFL side, remove 4/5 key players and think about the impact that would have on their results - Aberdeen without Shinnie, Mckenna, GMS & May would be doing even worse!

Have we not also had a few goals chopped off so if you add the points we lost due to refereeing incompetence we'd probably be pushing Killie, celtic and the huns. 

Losing 5-0 to livi is unacceptable but we were heading for another turgid 0-0 before Bobby decided to superman punch Halkett. The fault lies with the players on this one, big time. 

38 minutes ago, OTT said:

I think this is it. We were unstoppable at the start of the season then immediately lost Berra which we kinda coped with. Then having the double whammy of losing Souttar and Uche followed by Naismith... then obviously Dunne and now Dikamona

Losing every single one of your key players for long spells is obviously going to impact your results. A good squad is the sum of all its parts, but you can't lose key players and expect to cope well. The fact we're still there abouts after the run we've had is fantastic and I think posters need to realise we can't financially afford to be 2 naismiths deep in every position. Wighton and Mclean are not as good as Uche and Naismith (nowhere near evidently). 

Take 4 key players out of any team and they struggle - Hibs, Ambrose, Kamberi, Boyle and Hanlon (they'd be rock bottom). Rangers have proved their pretty shite without Morelos, so add in Candias, Goldson Taviernier and Halliday they'd be on a similar run. Run through any SPFL side, remove 4/5 key players and think about the impact that would have on their results - Aberdeen without Shinnie, Mckenna, GMS & May would be doing even worse!

Have we not also had a few goals chopped off so if you add the points we lost due to refereeing incompetence we'd probably be pushing Killie, celtic and the huns. 

Losing 5-0 to livi is unacceptable but we were heading for another turgid 0-0 before Bobby decided to superman punch Halkett. The fault lies with the players on this one, big time. 

While your post looks all lovely and nice for Levein's case it still doesn't address the fact that he doesn't get the best out of the players he has at his disposal. 

Today’s the day when people can vote Craig Levein out. I’d be interested to see how may put their hands up and vote against his reappointment as Director.

6 hours ago, dustybin said:

While your post looks all lovely and nice for Levein's case it still doesn't address the fact that he doesn't get the best out of the players he has at his disposal. 

:rofl:

Absolute garbage.  Selective reasoning and ignoring the facts when presented to you.

You quoted me last night and clearly chose not to answer my reply because it exposes your agenda.

6 hours ago, dustybin said:

“While your post looks all lovely and nice...”

Tranlates to:

”I’m not going to be open to any salient point someone makes for Levein’s case as I’ve already made my mind up. So I will just cover my ears instead”.

The Treasurer

I've mostly stayed away from JKB since that shambles on Friday as I suspected it would be full of "sack everyone" pish.

It seems I was right.

On 16/12/2018 at 20:45, John mcCartney said:

theres so much baffling decisions been made this season from the management it beggars belief

even the fascists on here cannot argue against

Fascists? 

WTF. ?

2 hours ago, frankblack said:

Absolute garbage.  Selective reasoning and ignoring the facts when presented to you.

You quoted me last night and clearly chose not to answer my reply because it exposes your agenda.

And you have not answered my point about him not getting the best out of the squad at his disposal. 

We are in a bit of a bind here.

Budge will not sack levein.

If he does move back upstairs on his own accord then no self respecting manager will take the job and work under him.

He will not be removed from the board.

We will continue to sleepwalk to mid table mediocrity.

Repeat season after season.

On 16/12/2018 at 19:16, John mcCartney said:

Most posters on here called John mcCartney are talking pish.

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, dustybin said:

Yes he does. 

Probably over performed and now underperforming. 

In about 3rd/4th is where I'd reasonbly expect. 

1st,2nd - over performing. 

5th or below - under performing. 

League ends in May, tho, so can't judge that until then. 

Lc- semi defeat to celtic, dissapionting, but hardly under performing. 

I think in trying to make a point you have actually proven why he shouldn't be sacked. 

?

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, cheetah said:

We are in a bit of a bind here.

Budge will not sack levein.

If he does move back upstairs on his own accord then no self respecting manager will take the job and work under him.

He will not be removed from the board.

We will continue to sleepwalk to mid table mediocrity.

Repeat season after season.

Budge would sack cl

If he does move upstairs he'll remove himself from the 1st team affairs. 

He could be removed from the board 

He'll get us in the top 3 at least this season. 

Next season we will further improve v this season, just like this season v last. 

Good game, that. 

3 hours ago, dustybin said:

And you have not answered my point about him not getting the best out of the squad at his disposal. 

I think you will find I did.  He had us top of the league until November.

Now you answer my point about injuries to our entire attack and defence simultaneously being impossible to work around without replacement players.  How many players can we afford to pay to be backups for every position?  We were down to our FIFTH CHOICE  centre half, FFS.

13 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Absolutely this. If we hadn't lost half a team to injury we wouldn't be having this conversation. The sense of entitlement folk feel these days is shocking. Demanding someone lose their job whilst willfully ignoring the obvious mitigating factors just so they can get on the internet and act all outraged. 

55 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Now you answer my point about injuries to our entire attack and defence simultaneously being impossible to work around without replacement players.  How many players can we afford to pay to be backups for every position?  We were down to our FIFTH CHOICE  centre half, FFS.

You didn't, I'm asking about after the injuries kicked in not before obviously lol. 

Edited by dustybin

9 hours ago, Dannie Boy said:

Today’s the day when people can vote Craig Levein out. I’d be interested to see how may put their hands up and vote against his reappointment as Director.

3 out of 400 I think. 

5 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Budge would sack cl

If he does move upstairs he'll remove himself from the 1st team affairs. 

He could be removed from the board 

He'll get us in the top 3 at least this season. 

Next season we will further improve v this season, just like this season v last. 

Good game, that. 

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

3 out of 400 I think. 

Wasnt able to make it today which was a pity. However 3 out of 400ish certainly would reflect the main bulk of our support. Thanks for the info.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Levein's back up signings have been abysmal and it has reflected in performances. I can't remember the last time I've left a game and felt we've been unlucky not to win.  Fact is we've been playing the way we have due to poor signings. 

Edited by Bring Back Paulo Sergio

4 hours ago, frankblack said:

We have never had 4 CHs out at any one time. We were knocked off the top when we started to play better teams. Naismith didn't kick a ball at Ibrox when we shipped 3 first half goals in what was our first big test of the season. We have signed a ridiculous 19 players this season and many have simply proved to be not good enough. 

12 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

We have never had 4 CHs out at any one time. We were knocked off the top when we started to play better teams. Naismith didn't kick a ball at Ibrox when we shipped 3 first half goals in what was our first big test of the season. We have signed a ridiculous 19 players this season and many have simply proved to be not good enough. 

I will give you the first point as we had 3 from 4 out at different times.  The rest of your post is subjective and not correct in my opinion.  Injuries were affecting us by Ibrox.  Uche temporary returned - too early as it now appears for starters.

32 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I will give you the first point as we had 3 from 4 out at different times.  The rest of your post is subjective and not correct in my opinion.  Injuries were affecting us by Ibrox.  Uche temporary returned - too early as it now appears for starters.

Fair point Frank. Imo several factors have impacted on our form, injuries certainly,  our approach to big games, a couple of poor refereeing decisions and our recruitment , which seems to have prioritised quantity rather than quality, leaving us unable to replace our key players when they are out.

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Fair point Frank. Imo several factors have impacted on our form, injuries certainly,  our approach to big games, a couple of poor refereeing decisions and our recruitment , which seems to have prioritised quantity rather than quality, leaving us unable to replace our key players when they are out.

The biggest disappointments during our injuries has been the lack of form from some of the bigger names like Olly Lee, MacLean and Mitchell.  A lot of the others were signed to bolster the reserves like Mulraney.

• 1 month later...