Sackable performance?

LarrysRightFoot

NaturalOrder74

I don’t think anyone’s questioning his loyalty, I just don’t think he’s good enough when you look at what other managers are doing with pennies 

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dustybin

• Seymour M Hersh

• Peebo

• Chuck Berry

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Yip his only omission from his comments other than an apology.

True, but as a player you should be breaking your balls if you have any pride in the next game

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, LarrysRightFoot said:

Costeuctuve comment.

Thing is this result in isolation would be bad enough but comes on the back of a couple of months of unacceptable performances.

Something need to change and fast.

Your spelling for one! 

10 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Was disappointing that he didn't acknowledge that we were poor before the red card.

That is a major problem he and a few on here have also.

Yep. Apart from Mitchell’s effort, we were overrun and outclassed in the first. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Pistol1874 said:

I’ll agree with this tonight, could’ve been 3 or 4 down first half. Awful performance, if you want to see it summarised in one incident, it was MacLean shiting his challenge first half.

In microcosm that is absolutely correct. 

28 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Awful post... your clueless 

Shocking post, defending a clueless manager. Some people on here are just born losers.

Bloody awful but not a sackable offence. I don’t think there’s justification for bringing in someone new who will want to go through another rebuilding. However, there are certain players who need to be put on notice. Hughes and Mitchell for a start. Others on a sticky wicket include MacLean, Djoum and Clare.

The trouble is I don’t think there are many who can come in right now, apart from Cochrane. 

47 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I have no idea what the **** is going on but there is something seriously wrong.

We are losing to teams with inferior players week after week.

I am completely fuming. I have always defended Levein but I cannot defend this. Complete disgrace.

Whilst losing to team's week after week may not be right, we sadly fail to dominate smaller team's and just accept it.

It has been a long time since we can say we played well and dominated, that is really poor for the 3rd biggest team.

16 minutes ago, PB21 said:

Overreactions yes. I said one of strongest at home. Yes manager needs to take some responsibility but all these threads that start after bad results are embarrassing. Saying Levein should walk, be sacked etc. It’s all over the top reactions. 

Jesus you are easily a very happy clapper, bad results are one thing but this it beyond that. When does Levein actually take responsibility? The next bad result or the the one beyond that. You seem happy to accept this result with no response, not me. If the players are to blame then so is the manager that played them. End off.

32 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

:rofl:Who knew Enzio would be on here straight away creaming his panties! Who ****ing knew!!! :rofl:

Apologies for supporting a club rather than having a strange obsession with an employee of said club.

3 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

In two posts you blamed Levein for signing these players so it certainly comes across as complaining about people in general. 

He is to blame. Just like he deserves credit (for which he’s got plenty...) for the good performances from the squad he’s built. Our current run of form is utterly shambolic. Injuries have clearly played a big part. But that’s only part of the story right now. 

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

Apologies for supporting a club rather than having a strange obsession with an employee of said club.

Ah, but which club?

Trapper John McIntyre
4 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I think you’ll find I took umbrage at the word “parasite”.

what past glories is he living on exactly ?

what were  you thinking after 12 games top of the league with a fully fit squad and referees without an agenda ?

how old are you ? 

I've seen Levein as a player and manager. Does that answer you're age query?

As for glories, I'm still trying to work it out myself. Do you have a theory on why he's still our manager?

Awwww....the Levein Out thread went.....i was looking forward to watching folk seriously lose their shit.....

You MODs can be such party poppers.....

I like Levein, he’s Hearts through and through but is that enough? 

Our only realistic chance of silverware is a cup and he’s proved over the years cups are not his thing. Whilst most other managers haven’t won cups you always had the hope but with Levein you know it’s never happening. Quite sad that the best I hope for with him is just finishing above hibs. 

Trapper John McIntyre
Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

Ah, but which club?

Achh, Seymour buddy,  don't go down that route.

Dagger Is Back
3 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

True, but as a player you should be breaking your balls if you have any pride in the next game

Never mind the next game, what about this game? Professional pride disappeared tonight and that is totally unacceptable. 

The players were to blame tonight and chucked it. Why? Who knows?

Three games till the break. Thank feck

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, Peebo said:

He is to blame. Just like he deserves credit (for which he’s got plenty...) for the good performances from the squad he’s built. Our current run of form is utterly shambolic. Injuries have clearly played a big part. But that’s only part of the story right now. 

There is blame to be levelled at him I've never suggested he is immune from blame but fo me tonight's shambles is more, much more, down to the players. There is only so much a manager can do when they cross the white line onto the pitch. 

17 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Was disappointing that he didn't acknowledge that we were poor before the red card.

That is a major problem he and a few on here have also.

We were very fortunate not to be three down first half.

5 - 0 flattered us.

Levein will be hurting a hell of a lot more than any of those imposters that had the audacity to pull on a Hearts top tonight.

I understand the anger, but direct the anger in the proper direction. That direction would be the players!

6 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Shocking post, defending a clueless manager. Some people on here are just born losers.

How many injuries do we have? 

Tonight was a very poor result...but to suggest we should dump CL is pant wetting of the highest order.

7 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Check out Twitter, there's a few pro CL so called supporters that think that the sun shines out his *ss

1 minute ago, McCrae said:

Tonight was a very poor result...but to suggest we should dump CL is pant wetting of the highest order.

What would be a sackable offence in your opinion? 

Of course it's ****ing not. 

I absolutely hate the trigger happy football World now. He should be the next Alex ferguson and should be left to do what he needs to do. Even if it means remaining in the job cause he's 3 points off of first. 

Maybe, if he's in relegation zone should it be considered.... But again if we were in admin at the time then fair doos 

3 minutes ago, McCrae said:

We've got one injured striker...CL chose to go into the season like that. He has to shoulder some blame for that. The other positions we have cover. It's his job to build a squad not just an 11. The back ups are awful. Again, he chose them.

If tonight was a blip then yes, I'd agree. It's not though, we've been terrible for months and were terrible the last 2 seasons. If anything pur good start was the blip.

Edited by Taffin

1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

There is blame to be levelled at him I've never suggested he is immune from blame but fo me tonight's shambles is more, much more, down to the players. There is only so much a manager can do when they cross the white line onto the pitch. 

Na, these are  his players, his tactics. If they are not good enough then it’s his fault. Is that not what being a manager is all about..? If not who takes the blame for tonight.?

LarrysRightFoot
12 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Your spelling for one! 

Got to love keyboard warriors 

We were beaten by a pub team. Injuries or not we should have enough to beat them. Defeat to a team whose supporters fit into a bus shelter is not good enough. For all the money the Hearts support are giving the club we now have a negative goal difference.

It always intrigues me when people say missing a couple of strikers is the difference.    

Are people saying we then don't have the players and system to beat teams like Livi?  Is their collective suddenly stronger than Hearts?

Its quite simple and it was said weeks ago. The players haven't stepped up and taken responsibility in the absence of others.

But maybe they simply aren't capable?  I haven't seen blood and guts, people going beyond the call of duty. Nobody revelling in taking a lead role and wanting to become the new flavour of the month.

Not got the guts for it.  

Just now, Class of 75 said:

We were beaten by a pub team. Injuries or not we should have enough to beat them. Defeat to a team whose supporters fit into a bus shelter is not good enough. For all the money the Hearts support are giving the club we now have a negative goal difference.

Agreed the result wasn’t good enough.... we do have some hard to argue against mitigating circumstances.  

Just now, McCrae said:

Agreed the result wasn’t good enough.... we do have some hard to argue against mitigating circumstances.  

Like you mate I am just hurting and wanting a positive reaction 

I have to disagree, he's struggling to get the players motivated. They are struggling with confidence issues, their passing and positioning is woeful, and they have no fight in them what so ever.

2 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Other results would suggest they’re a very good pub team. Especially in their own er..beer garden

Just now, GlasgoJambo said:

Other results would suggest they’re a very good pub team. Especially in their own er..beer garden

Just angry mate at this result. 

11 minutes ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

I've seen Levein as a player and manager. Does that answer you're age query?

As for glories, I'm still trying to work it out myself. Do you have a theory on why he's still our manager?

Theory was spelt out in my post

No manager should be sacked based on one performance, no matter how bad (albeit with some extreme exceptions). A manager should be sacked after a sustained period of poor performances or if it is clear that they are absolutely not a fit for the club. We've been poor for the last month and a half and have suffered from some injuries to important players so Levein should be given more time. That doesn't excuse tonight but it would be ludicrous to sack him on the back of that performance.

J.T.F.Robertson
40 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Reaction to going a man down or losing a goal is a reflection of the manager 

When we lose a goal or lose a man under levein we fold, give up and lose the game. There is no fight. We can only win a game when we score first we never fight back when we face a setback and it is a reflection of Levein.

I believe that perception comes from the "style" he has implemented. There is zero pace employed in our play, pedestrian, predictable and, even allowing for the injuries, boring as feck. All leaving the impression of not giving much of a toss.

6 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Just not got the players mate.  Too many "nice" players in Hearts jerseys. 

I know underdogs raise their game but that's when the supposed stronger side finds more to combat the effort given by the opposition. 

We don't look like we fancy those scenarios now. Too many players wanting to stay away from the areas you have to make it count.

Edited by Debut 4

10 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I will wait to see how we react over the next two games. Levein deserves that chance. 

Nope he doesn’t this is our club and tonight is really as bad as it gets , it’s not acceptable sorry to those who want to keep going with Craig and his assistants . We all know this team is a disgrace . This was not Celtic it was Livi . Scott Robinson looked way ahead of our lot and we binned him about 6 years ago . 

Was a freak result. Can’t sack Levein after tonight, got to look at the bigger picture. I’m not defending the performance of the team for the past two months but before that when we had everyone fit we were flying. Now I know we should still have the squad to be able to beat livi but we have absolutely nothing up front which will be resolved soon when big van signs and ikpeazu is back. Also no energy in midfield, this will get fixed when Naismith comes back. We are to one paced. When you don’t score goals it automatically increases the pressure because u know as soon as you go one down you are more than likely looking at defeat. This mentality creates a nervy edgy performance as no one wants to make a mistake and the players playing just aren’t the creative type to make things happen. Shambolic performance and result but I don’t understand what sacking the manager does. With everyone fit only 3 months ago he had us top of the league and unbeaten. 

4 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

No manager should be sacked based on one performance, no matter how bad (albeit with some extreme exceptions). A manager should be sacked after a sustained period of poor performances or if it is clear that they are absolutely not a fit for the club. We've been poor for the last month and a half and have suffered from some injuries to important players so Levein should be given more time. That doesn't excuse tonight but it would be ludicrous to sack him on the back of that performance.

Spot on. 

1 minute ago, Gnjambo16 said:

Nope he doesn’t this is our club and tonight is really as bad as it gets , it’s not acceptable sorry to those who want to keep going with Craig and his assistants . We all know this team is a disgrace . This was not Celtic it was Livi . Scott Robinson looked way ahead of our lot and we binned him about 6 years ago . 

Trust me mate, if I was the owner I would be sacking everyone before the coach left the car park. 

But shocking performances do happen. They should never be accepted but they do. It’s how we react that matters now. 

Aberdeen then hibs. 4 points at least should be the target. 

The Old Tolbooth
7 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

A pub team that have beaten Hibs, Hearts, Rangers, and we’re unlucky not to beat Celtic at home this season? I wish folk would see past the name, rather than the team, Livvy are a very good side this season and played us off the park tonight, we were second best all over the pitch, as others have been. 

5 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

It always intrigues me when people say missing a couple of strikers is the difference.    

Are people saying we then don't have the players and system to beat teams like Livi?  Is their collective suddenly stronger than Hearts?

Its quite simple and it was said weeks ago. The players haven't stepped up and taken responsibility in the absence of others.

But maybe they simply aren't capable?  I haven't seen blood and guts, people going beyond the call of duty. Nobody revelling in taking a lead role and wanting to become the new flavour of the month.

Not got the guts for it.  

Not one single Hearts player could say they got the better of their opponnent tonight. That is completely unacceptable.

From the kick off we were second best. Livingston showed what a high tempo pressing game is all about. We wandered about like pedestrians. Craig Leveins pre match interview would not have inspired anyone. What happened to his mantra "You have to win the battle before the game" Obviously he has forgotten.........

The_razors_edge
6 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

They’re going to Prague? **** them! I can just about tolerate defeat but I can’t abide a spineless, heartless one.

Prague will be booked but I’d be telling them to bring their boots and getting them sorted on a ‘council’ pitch somewhere.

If the players have any sense they’ll not be posting anything for a while on social media 

They are indeed. The only thing that might save them is it’s being funded by a 3rd party who be may a bit miffed it’s cancelled.