Mad Friday

Carl Weathers

10 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Not next Friday?

I agree but based on the area around Lothian Road just now a lot of people seem to be making it today. Also a lot of them seem to be doing this fecking christmas jumper day thing. 

5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I agree but based on the area around Lothian Road just now a lot of people seem to be making it today. Also a lot of them seem to be doing this fecking christmas jumper day thing. 

I imagine most of the jumpers are fairly cheap material and wouldn't put up much of a fight against a small naked flame ? 

It was, and always will be, the original Black Friday to me. And while tonight might be a bit mental, next week is actual Black Friday. 

Brighton Jambo

Next Friday is Black Friday which is the Friday before Xmas when most people finish for Xmas.  Given Christmas is ten days away most folk will be working at least part of next week so there’s no way this is Black Friday.  

To to be fair to the OP he said mad Friday and I’m sure it is out there.

10 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Next Friday is Black Friday which is the Friday before Xmas when most people finish for Xmas.  Given Christmas is ten days away most folk will be working at least part of next week so there’s no way this is Black Friday.  

To to be fair to the OP he said mad Friday and I’m sure it is out there.

I think he meant the same thing.

When Christmas falls early in the week, it is debatable. But for me, Black Friday was yesterday - the obvious Friday for many work “lunches” and thousands of amateur drinkers out on the streets. 

Brighton Jambo
2 minutes ago, Peebo said:

I think he meant the same thing.

When Christmas falls early in the week, it is debatable. But for me, Black Friday was yesterday - the obvious Friday for many work “lunches” and thousands of amateur drinkers out on the streets. 

Back in my younger days I was a manager in a Wetherspoons in Glasgow.  Some of the sights were unbelievable and nearly always related to middle aged men trying to keep up with younger colleagues and disgracing themselves.  

I remember one short, fat baldy guy in his fifties running into the behind bar area his hamster cheeks full of spew and then him projectile vomiting all over the bin area.  He bounced off the concrete on his way out!

The Real Maroonblood
31 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Back in my younger days I was a manager in a Wetherspoons in Glasgow.  Some of the sights were unbelievable and nearly always related to middle aged men trying to keep up with younger colleagues and disgracing themselves.  

I remember one short, fat baldy guy in his fifties running into the behind bar area his hamster cheeks full of spew and then him projectile vomiting all over the bin area.  He bounced off the concrete on his way out!

Are you now the short fat baldy guy?:laugh:

Brighton Jambo
3 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Are you now the short fat baldy guy?:laugh:

Haha nearly!  I can just about hold my own with the younger squad but the hangovers are becoming unbearable! 

4 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

It's the women who I found to be the biggest pests. Guys, despite being hammered, generally knew how to behave in a pub. Some of the women on the other hand..... 

Placid Casual

I saw some right states walking home last night. Most amusing was the middle-aged woman bursting out the door of Montpeliers and spewing on the pavement. I managed to avoid any splash back.

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Haha nearly!  I can just about hold my own with the younger squad but the hangovers are becoming unbearable! 

Absolutely get what your saying.

Can’t handle it the same but still enjoy my beer.

Ah the one day a year drinkers. The ones who get let off the leash by their partners once a year and are out for the purpose of getting so drunk as to make a total idiot of themselves in front of their work colleagues. The ones they talk about about and claim to hate yet go out and get smashed with once a year. 

2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Ah the one day a year drinkers. The ones who get let off the leash by their partners once a year and are out for the purpose of getting so drunk as to make a total idiot of themselves in front of their work colleagues. The ones they talk about about and claim to hate yet go out and get smashed with once a year. 

And wear xmas jumpers,.

Working in bars/pubs/clubs I saw a few sights around this time of year in particular. 

One that hat springs to mind: bloke made a mad dash for the toilets, seemingly bursting on a shi-ite. Let’s out a skoosh of liquid, suddenly needs to puke, so clamps his sphincter and drops to his knees on the floor in front of the toilet to puke in it. In the process of puking he accidentally let’s go of the liquid contents of his bowels all over and in his trousers and boxers(which are still at his ankles).

i didn’t directly witness the events in the toilets but was able to get a good approximation of the goings on from the aftermath, whilst he argued with the doormen that he hadn’t had too much to drink. For some reason the doormen were unwilling to get hands on...

5 hours ago, gjcc said:

Working in bars/pubs/clubs I saw a few sights around this time of year in particular. 

One that hat springs to mind: bloke made a mad dash for the toilets, seemingly bursting on a shi-ite. Let’s out a skoosh of liquid, suddenly needs to puke, so clamps his sphincter and drops to his knees on the floor in front of the toilet to puke in it. In the process of puking he accidentally let’s go of the liquid contents of his bowels all over and in his trousers and boxers(which are still at his ankles).

i didn’t directly witness the events in the toilets but was able to get a good approximation of the goings on from the aftermath, whilst he argued with the doormen that he hadn’t had too much to drink. For some reason the doormen were unwilling to get hands on...

omfg.png

16 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

I've got a sore head.

Seen a few piles of spew on Lothian Road on my way to work yesterday morning. Thursday must have been a big one.

Piles ha ha.