Moving to the mhanks would be a sidewards step...

Beast Boy

Does anyone else remember Craig Gordon saying this when the utterly mhanky scummy vermin ***** tried to sign him immediately prior to him moving to Sunderland?

I do. 

I also temember the mhank fans I know hating him and calling him a “Hun” at the time. Apparently he was a Hun because he once came out his box to try and grab a last minute goal against them in the 05/06 season, but he didn’t do the same against the Huns...

Hate that Gordon had to end up at that nest of vermin. ?

The way I see it is he is there for a final pay day, certainly it leaves a bad taste in the mouth when you compare him to Berra.

But hey ho it is what it is.

If he pisses off even one side of the old firm good on him, Still wish he would cut out McGregor v Elliot shit.

William H. Bonney

The guy had a couple of bad injuries which really set him back and was very lucky to get a move to Celtic. 

Honestly don't get the hatred towards him. 

I really don't remember him saying that but at the time he probably felt it was a sideways move.

I don't think he would've thought twice when trying to get his career back on track after a series of injuries. 

EastSideJambo
2 minutes ago, benny said:

Celtic was a great move for him.

Let's be thankful that Hearts got his best years and a super fee for him.

Celtic has been a good career move for him, especially when he appeared to be finished at that time 

We got an unbelievable fee for CG. Unfortunately it was during a period when we were run by the most dishonest and unscrupulous individual in our history 

oh ah grantona

The guy was retired. He went in as back up and has had a good run. A move back to Scotland with the potential he had would have been backward, unfortunately his injuries and crap Sunderland killed his career. Had he got a move from Sunderland to a bigger EPL club and avoided injury could easily have been up the top end of world GKs 

Do i like seeing him in a tic top?? Do I feck but needs must for him and he is now lost to the Hearts world he is one of them

8 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

I really don't remember him saying that but at the time he probably felt it was a sideways move.

I don't think he would've thought twice when trying to get his career back on track after a series of injuries. 

Pretty sure he kept his head down after the press conference.  Perhaps before that he may have said it but not when the club was an utter shambles. 

6 minutes ago, oh ah grantona said:

The guy was retired. He went in as back up and has had a good run. A move back to Scotland with the potential he had would have been backward, unfortunately his injuries and crap Sunderland killed his career. Had he got a move from Sunderland to a bigger EPL club and avoided injury could easily have been up the top end of world GKs 

Do i like seeing him in a tic top?? Do I feck but needs must for him and he is now lost to the Hearts world he is one of them

He's not one of them.  He's a guy earning his wage just as Laff was last year.  Although he "got us" (WTF??) he was still deep down hun.  Craig will still be a hearts fan bringing his family up as jambos. 

12 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

Celtic has been a good career move for him, especially when he appeared to be finished at that time 

We got an unbelievable fee for CG. Unfortunately it was during a period when we were run by the most dishonest and unscrupulous individual in our history 

As well as being ‘Spencer’, were you also ‘JamboRobbo’ before that?

EastSideJambo
2 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

He's not one of them.  He's a guy earning his wage just as Laff was last year.  Although he "got us" (WTF??) he was still deep down hun.  Craig will still be a hearts fan bringing his family up as jambos. 

CG is a Hearts man. His Dad was in our hotel in Braga 

The abuse he gets for playing for Celtic appears extraordinary to me 

EastSideJambo
Just now, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

As well as being ‘Spencer’, were you also ‘JamboRobbo’ before that?

I really haven't got a clue what you're on about 

It's interesting reading through the various threads on here. Is there any subject where you aren't an expert? 

2 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

It's weird.  He's the most inoffensive Celtic player there's ever been. 

EastSideJambo
Just now, Inch Hearts said:

It's weird.  He's the most inoffensive Celtic player there's ever been. 

Agreed. He just gets on with his game

Some real shite gets spouted on here. I'm actually not sure on the point of this thread tbh 

He was a few years below me at school in Balerno. He was definitely a Jambo as I know lots of folk who were in his year. 

Am I the only person who read him saying that though?

4 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

Agreed. He just gets on with his game

Some real shite gets spouted on here. I'm actually not sure on the point of this thread tbh 

Aye? If that is the truth, and not just a typically pathetic attempt at swinging and missing at me, then I seriously worry about your intelligence and ability to read and understand things. :lol:

Didn’t bother me that he signed for Celtic for the reasons mentioned above and he’s had a great career. 

Not going to hate him for it but he’s definitely harmed his Jambo kudos. 

He’s shite these days anyway. 

7 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

He was a few years below me at school in Balerno. He was definitely a Jambo as I know lots of folk who were in his year. 

Am I the only person who read him saying that though?

No, I remember it. But I remember it more about the Old Firm. Could be wrong, but I thought it was at the time his star was high with us and he had signed the big money deal. Definitely remember something about staying in Scotland being a sideways move 

Edited by pablo

EastSideJambo
7 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Aye? If that is the truth, and not just a typically pathetic attempt at swinging and missing at me, then I seriously worry about your intelligence and ability to read and understand things. :lol:

Jog on son 

5 minutes ago, pablo said:

No, I remember it. But I remember it more about the Old Firm. Could be wrong, but I thought it was at the time his star was high with us and he had signed the big money deal. Definitely remember something about staying in Scotland being a sideways move 

Not how I remember it mate. I remember reading an article about Manchester City being interested, but him feeling as though he had to work with Roy Keane after he showed such enthusiasm for signing him. Celtic had apparently tried to sneakily express an interest but couldn’t afford to play at the table. He answered questions about their interest by saying a move there would be a “sideways step”.

4 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Not how I remember it mate. I remember reading an article about Manchester City being interested, but him feeling as though he had to work with Roy Keane after he showed such enthusiasm for signing him. Celtic had apparently tried to sneakily express an interest but couldn’t afford to play at the table. He answered questions about their interest by saying a move there would be a “sideways step”.

Ha! I remember the other team as Martin O'Neill's Aston Villa, but he wanted to play for Roy Keane. 

My memory isn't the best when it comes to these things.

The Celtic job was a great one for him after his bad injury problems. I don't blame him in the slightest for taking it. He's now likely to be earning good money and winning trophies so what's the problem.

I had no issue with him initially as a Celtic player but his attitude especially against us is rank rotten.I understand he has a job to do but being obnoxious doesn't wash with me.complete polar opposite of jamie mac,s attitude to us.

loveofthegame

I remember the quote well. His behaviour in a Celtic top has at times been extremely disappointing. He was a hero of mine back in the day. File him under Pressley now.

1 hour ago, Oliver Twist said:

What's the point of this thread. I don't understand ?

me neither but the fact you are posting in it is equally baffling...

oh wait a minute :whistling:

5 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

I remember the quote well. His behaviour in a Celtic top has at times been extremely disappointing. He was a hero of mine back in the day. File him under Pressley now.

What behaviour?

File under cup winning former captain?  Makes sense I suppose. 

EastSideJambo
31 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Frank-Spencer-Michael-Crawford.thumb.jpg.15b9ad40c8074d9f2e91723146fac96e.jpg

Good of you to interject 

Another incredibly worthwhile post to add to the ever increasing count 

EastSideJambo
25 minutes ago, 1953 said:

The Celtic job was a great one for him after his bad injury problems. I don't blame him in the slightest for taking it. He's now likely to be earning good money and winning trophies so what's the problem.

Ask the OP 

39 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Thanks Chaps. Knew there was such an article. :lol:

Can one of the mods please do something about the incessant trolling from Soencer? It’s getting a bit tedious now. :(

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

chester copperpot
1 hour ago, Oliver Twist said:

What's the point of this thread. I don't understand ?

Haha. I have read it and feel the same. 

EastSideJambo
2 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Thanks Chaps. Knew there was such an article. :lol:

Can one of the mods please do something about the incessant trolling from Soencer? It’s getting a bit tedious now. :(

There are various posters questioning this thread 

You are continuing to quote someone who hasn't posted on this thread 

1 hour ago, EastSideJambo said:

I agree. He’s been better paid and more importantly played in higher profile matches. 

EastSideJambo
3 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I agree. He’s been better paid and more importantly played in higher profile matches. 

He's also a thoroughly inoffensive guy 

Celtic has been a great move, especially when he career looked over 

23 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

What behaviour?

File under cup winning former captain?  Makes sense I suppose. 

This.

I’m also bemused when people say stuff like that. I’ve been to every one of his returns to Tynie and I haven’t seen any disrespect. He applauds the Gorgie end every second half and usually gets a good reception.

2 hours ago, EastSideJambo said:

Pieman?

1 hour ago, pablo said:

Ha! I remember the other team as Martin O'Neill's Aston Villa, but he wanted to play for Roy Keane. 

My memory isn't the best when it comes to these things.

Villa were prepared to beat Sunderland’s offer but under no circumstances would Vlad deal with Martin O’neil ?. True story

Not quite sure why this thread has caused such consternation?

There’s nothing Machiavellian or cryptic about it. It’s bizarre that I’m having to come on and post an explanation, as it’s extremely self-explanatory.

The Thread Title refers to former HMFC player Craig Gordon and his words from a decade ago when he was in the cusp of a move from Hearts.

The content of the OP is discussing a football story and asking if anyone remembers it or has a link.

You then have a series of bizarre trolling posts who don’t really have anything to contribute other than having a dig at me.

Cheers to those who responded without being arseholes. ?

:cornette:

9 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Can one of the mods please do something about the incessant spamming from Mothy? He’s always been a ladies front bottom of a poster and he’s still as tedious now as he was in his previous JKB account guises. :(

FTFY x

EastSideJambo
2 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Pieman?

My view of CPR is he was completely out of his depth. I suspect he had the best interests of the club at heart 

Not so sure the same can be said about the Russian 

I think a few folk may have started on the pre-match drinkies. Honestly don’t have a clue as to what the explanation is otherwise?