McCartney gig tonight ( Friday )

davemclaren

Anyone else going? Could be the last chance to see a Beatle live in Scotland. Saw him in 73 at the Odeon but he refused to play Beatles numbers then ( boo ) and then again at Hampden in 2010 and was brilliant to finally hear a Beatle sing Beatle’s songs.  

Just now, davemclaren said:

Anyone else going? Could be the last chance to see a Beatle live in Scotland. Saw him in 73 at the Odeon but he refused to play Beatles numbers then ( boo ) and then again at Hampden in 2010 and was brilliant to finally hear a Beatle sing Beatle’s songs.  

I'll be leaving soon mate love him or hate him the mans a living legend can't wait to hear a Beatle live

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Will find out soon. Probably digitally enhanced. ?

He's going to play Hey Jude and Let it Be and they'll find out that it's not. If it sounds in any way good, then he's resorted to digital support.

To be fair to the old, purple haired duffer, give him a rock'n'roll number and he pulls out all the stops. I'd rather have been there than not.

3 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

My brother was going. 150 quid a ticket. Madness.

Madness weren’t playing. ?

anyway, great gig and he played for nearly 3 hours non stop. His voice was fine but he has lost a bit of power in it since I last saw him 8 years ago. Can’t see him playing in Scotland again as he is 76 now. 

I saw him in Kraków, Poland a week past  Monday. It was a standing floor and I queued for 2 hours, ran and grabbed a spot in the front row. Great night with a great atmosphere created by the super enthusiastic Poles. Yes, his voice has deteriorated a bit. But he still gives a great show, nearly 3 hours in length and 38 or 39 songs, 20+ of which are Beatles. 

That was my 7th Macca show since 2015. No 8 will be the O2 in Greenwich tomorrow night. There’s a fair bit of surprise and disappointment that he didn’t play Mull of Kintyre in Glasgow. He usually does in Scotland. Instead it was the cheesy Wonderful Christmas Time. He’ll no doubt do it again tomorrow night.  I didn’t like it when released in 1979 and I still don’t. I must have heard it about 10,000 times on tannoys in shops in December.

He’s rumoured to headline Glastonbury and/or BST Hyde Park next year.

Seen him in Hamburg a few years ago; fantastic gig. Would love to have gone last night but didn't want end up comparing the 2 gigs and feel a bit disappointed, even though I know it would have been a great show.

Edited by JWL

52 minutes ago, JWL said:

Seen him in Hamburg a few years ago; fantastic gig. Would love to have gone last night but didn't want end up comparing the 2 gigs and feel a bit disappointed, even though I know it would have been a great show.

Mrs Mcl thought it was the best gig she had ever been to. It was excellent but I thought Hampden in 2010(?) was better.