Coin thrown at Celtic Park

jamboiain13

Where's all the media frenzy surrounding the coin hitting an RB Salzburg player at last night's Europa League match?  Funny that innit? Sweep sweep, best fans in the world to receive another fine from UEFA...sweep sweep

AlphonseCapone

I'm in a fairly immature mood today so the thread title had me picturing a Rangers fan standing outside Celtic Park chucking a coin at the stadium. 

2 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I'm in a fairly immature mood today so the thread title had me picturing a Rangers fan standing outside Celtic Park chucking a coin at the stadium. 

Probably missed 

24 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Doesn’t involve Hearts move on ... Typical papers

Funny how the coin incident at Tynie didn't involve others either but it made all the headlines.  Of course it wasn't helped by the antics of popcorn nut hitting the deck like a big girl...!

20 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

hahahahaha..nice one

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Onviously racist/secretarian

celtic should be kick out of Europe

matches behind closed doors

massive fine

etc...

Edited by Steve_Jersey_HMFC

A quick look on bbc website shows a lot of congratulatory headlines/stories on selliks qualification, but nothing on the coin being thrown at, and hitting the player. Contrast that with what happened after Lennon flopped down at Tynecastle...

12 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

A quick look on bbc website shows a lot of congratulatory headlines/stories on selliks qualification, but nothing on the coin being thrown at, and hitting the player. Contrast that with what happened after Lennon flopped down at Tynecastle...

Spot-on. The contrast is quite staggering. Fair play to the Hootsmon who, as far as I can see, are pretty much alone in at least making a story out of it.

Edited by jamborod

Sweep sweep sweep....... nothing to see here........ sweep sweep sweep...... whataboutery....... sweep sweep sweep...... get our own house in order before commenting etc etc etc etc.

8 minutes ago, jamborod said:

Spot-on. The contrast is quite staggering. Fair play to the Hootsmon who, as far as I can see, are pretty much alone in at least making a story out of it.

In terms of sanctions from UEFA they are well into double figures over the last ten years or so. Instead of the proverbial slap on the wrist it is about time the ruling body handed out a meaningful punishment.

Captain Sausage

Pretty sure we suffered a week of BBC headlines as a result. No headlines on currently about the Celtic one, on a much bigger stage which will clearly harm Scotland’s reputation far more. 

Embarassment of a gutter press we have got. 

39 minutes ago, Erik said:

Sweep sweep sweep....... nothing to see here........ sweep sweep sweep...... whataboutery....... sweep sweep sweep...... get our own house in order before commenting etc etc etc etc.

?

52 minutes ago, Erik said:

:spoton:

1 hour ago, Captain Sausage said:

Pretty sure we suffered a week of BBC headlines as a result. No headlines on currently about the Celtic one, on a much bigger stage which will clearly harm Scotland’s reputation far more. 

Embarassment of a gutter press we have got. 

:spoton:

42 minutes ago, Victorian said:

High resolution photographs and scientific study of the coin's trajectory and velocity using Hawkeye plz.

I suspect it may have been thrown from Lower N in a similar fashion to the one with NL

Which one of Section N has been through there spoiling this great teams reputation.

bad enough our reputation but to destroy the pristine reputation of these honourable people should

be a life ban.

Ah you beat me to it 7628mm

Edited by jambosdad

1 hour ago, TorinoJambo said:

They've been utter scum since I first encountered the smelly tramps in 1967. The way the press suck up their arses is nauseating.

This in spades mate

Bridge of Djoum

''Hearts fan masquerades as Celtic freedom fighter/supporter/perennial victim to savagely strike opposition player at Paradise on Celtic's glory night''

The only way Celtic (or Rangers) will get the type and volume of negative headlines other clubs like us get for the same incidents is if both the OF misbehave the same way at the same time, eg an OF game that is even more mental than usual. It seems to be an unwritten media rule that you cannot have a go at one of the OF without bringing the other into it so as not to show bias. Or something.

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

The only way Celtic (or Rangers) will get the type and volume of negative headlines other clubs like us get for the same incidents is if both the OF misbehave the same way at the same time, eg an OF game that is even more mental than usual. It seems to be an unwritten media rule that you cannot have a go at one of the OF without bringing the other into it so as not to show bias. Or something.

It needs something more serious or a big name

Lennon being all over the media is mostly because it is Lennon. Unlike the Salzburg player which is arguably more serious. 

Surely the Mhanks could take a punt on who the culprit was that threw it? 

2B365892-F9C7-4B2F-AEF9-829DD7899776.png

Edited by Dannie Boy

The bigger problem for me is Lennon. The Celtic fan will have reacted in the same way as the Hearts fan. Enraged and so emotional that he has done something which is unacceptable and should be punished with a lifetime ban from football grounds and taken in front of the courts. 

The difference between both incidents in my opinion is the reaction of the person who was hit. Lennon, being Lennon knew it was a free gift to play the victim card again and he went 100% for it. The blow which was lucky to have not killed him, and then you could not shut the ****er up about it and the reasons why it happened. The RB player went down, clearly hurt, but then got up and got on with it. I haven’t seen any interviews from RB about religion or hate campaigns. 

So whilst I also believe the media should be covering in a similar fashion to the Lennon incident, it just isn’t going to happen because of that little **** Lennon. 

Maybe just maybe the coverage would have been similar if Lennon had laughed at a the fact a coin bounced off his chest.