Daft meme thread (merged)

jack D and coke

34 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I’m almost liked being no well when I was wee to get some of that :lol: 

69BA0683-59E7-497E-8BBE-FEBBA54C9E8B.jpeg

My wife tried this for the first time recently. 

If I remember correctly, "What the **** is wrong with British people?" was her response. 

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jack D and coke

• Ulysses

• superjack

• Unknown user

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jack D and coke
16 minutes ago, Norm said:

If I remember correctly, "What the **** is wrong with British people?" was her response. 

It’s absolutely pish now they’ve changed the recipe. It’s all that aspartame or whatever. I don’t like it anymore it leaves a funny taste. 
It was a proper treat back then. 

Say What Again
3 hours ago, Norm said:

I'll only accept that from her if she can say she's never had Mettigel.

I was just reading about it this morning 😆

19 minutes ago, Say What Again said:

I'll only accept that from her if she can say she's never had Mettigel.

I was just reading about it this morning 😆

Not a Mettigel, but there was a big plate of raw minced meat and onion at our wedding. 

I stuck to wild boar.... 

luckyBatistuta
8 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

It’s absolutely pish now they’ve changed the recipe. It’s all that aspartame or whatever. I don’t like it anymore it leaves a funny taste. 

It’s definitely not the same nowadays. I absolutely loved the stuff as a kid, the anticipation watching my mum pulling the wrapping around it off. The original flavour is a bit weird tasting now, but still drink now and then. Will have to get more now I know it’s a COVID buster😁

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

It’s definitely not the same nowadays. I absolutely loved the stuff as a kid, the anticipation watching my mum pulling the wrapping around it off. The original flavour is a bit weird tasting now, but still drink now and then. Will have to get more now I know it’s a COVID buster😁

It was always my grandad that had it I loved it as a nipper😋

All the soft drinks changed a few years ago to do with the sugar content. They all taste pretty pish now☹️Suppose they’ve done done people a favour and I barely drink them now they’re all garbage bar full fat coke. 

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

It was always my grandad that had it I loved it as a nipper😋

All the soft drinks changed a few years ago to do with the sugar content. They all taste pretty pish now☹️Suppose they’ve done done people a favour and I barely drink them now they’re all garbage bar full fat coke. 

Loved Lucozade and Cremola Foam as a kid, surprised I’ve still got all my teeth. Bought Cremola Foam a few years back when I saw it. Boy is that garbage, put about half the tub in and it was still tasteless. You can keep your Coke, I’m a Pepsi man.

SectionDJambo
12 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

It’s been completely turned around from a drink that you would take into hospital, back in the day, to give to the poor person you were visiting, to aid their recovery from their ailment, to it’s marketing now being targeted at healthy people to recover from strenuous exercise.

The other similar brand was Fergusade, if I remember correctly. I take that’s gone by the wayside long ago.

• Maple Leaf changed the title to Daft meme thread (merged)