• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• 132goals1958

• Cruyff Turn

• Samuel Camazzola

been here before

Main man in the 70s. King of the all rounders...

briansuperstars.png.b0be8606dd2b8e586169ce2fe7d49f11.png   

The Daddy of squat thrusts and the parallel dips.

Edited by been here before

7 hours ago, milky_26 said:

you do realise hendry turned professional in 1985 and retired in 2012 so had a professional career of 27 years with 36 ranking titles.

o'sullivan turned pro in 1992 so his career is currently only 26 years and has 34 ranking titles and over the last few years haven't they increased the number of ranking events? so your longevity argument doesn't add up (at this point)

It does, for the reasons Ri gave. Hendry spent his last decade as a pro fading. Ronnie's spent his last decade at the same incredible level as ever.

1 hour ago, shaun.lawson said:

It does, for the reasons Ri gave. Hendry spent his last decade as a pro fading. Ronnie's spent his last decade at the same incredible level as ever.

if you look at it in pure domination then. hendry won his 36 ranking titles over a period of 20 years, osullivan has spent 25 years to get 34 ranking titles. So that would make hendry more dominant

those 20 and 25 years is the time between first and last titles

Edited by milky_26

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

if you look at it in pure domination then. hendry won his 36 ranking titles over a period of 20 years, osullivan has spent 25 years to get 34 ranking titles. So that would make hendry more dominant

those 20 and 25 years is the time between first and last titles

I agree. Which is why Hendry was among my 'honourable mentions', but Ronnie wasn't. 

8 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

He wasn't that great. Good player but not esteemed. Too much paper talk and media mince. Charlton and Best far superior. 

Kinda what I was going for tbf. As a player, he was good but I'd never go as far as to say one of the greats. His celebrity status was absolutely massive though 

And if you’re talking snooker you need to mention Joe Davis. Easier in those days but his record in the world championship was dominant to the very definition of the word.