Souttar & Ikpeazu

Selkirkhmfc1874

2 hours ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

Strong squad for 2nd half of season.  Very positive vibes, pure dark horse material. We're waiting in the wings when rangers or celtic do a gerrard aka slip up.

Very strong if we can get everyone on the park fit...Uche, Vanecek, in front of Naismith and Djoum, with Mitchell/Garuccio and Clare/Smith wing backs...Boz/Haring sitting and the best central back 3 in the country...lots of potential there.

3 hours ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

Strong squad for 2nd half of season.  Very positive vibes, pure dark horse material. We're waiting in the wings when rangers or celtic do a gerrard aka slip up.

Good point, we’re still in there, no reason that we can’t get back to early season levels with everyone available plus Vanecek. We might even strengthen other areas. Celtic are a class above everyone else but Sevco are there for the taking. 

Edited by Cruyff Turn

11 hours ago, Herbert said:

I can't see souttar on the bench. I think we will go

Bobby 

Souttar Dunne Berra

Smith                      Mitchell

Harring Djoum/bozanic 

Naismith 

Uche    Vancek 

Criags got a job on his hands picking a team.

That's the only formation to fit all of our best and most experienced players with a very strong bench providing good options in every department, plus enough flexibility and strength in depth to vary the formation. Although I think I'd put McLean ahead of Vanacek as we were very good with him, Naismith and Uche in the same team, and Vanacek is an unknown right now. Potentially Brandon ahead of Smith when he's fit again.

The back-up team to that one's not bad either:

Doyle

Brandon Hughes Dikamona Garruccio

Morrison Lee Clare Bozanic

Wighton Vanacek

59 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Good news week 

Selling half season tickets?

Cynical 

I'm not sure I've looked froward to the second half of a season as much as this for a long time. In touch at the top (hopefully) and our best players coming back. Don't think it'll be hard to shift tickets this year.

1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Good point, we’re still in there, no reason that we can’t get back to early season levels with everyone available plus Vanecek. We might even strengthen other areas. Celtic are a class above everyone else but Sevco are there for the taking. 

Celtic are a class above financially and some of their players, but they seem to be a lot more fragile and have a lot more self-doubts than usual so I think they could be there for the taking.

Plus their squad is still thin and they have to replace two very key players in Brown and Griffiths. I've also never seen a Celtic manager on the defensive as much as Rodgers. I don't think he's enjoying himself and the John McGinn debacle really seemed to piss him off. Be interesting to see how much they spend in January. I'm guessing a couple of high profile loanees at least to help them get over the line. 

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Celtic are a class above financially and some of their players, but they seem to be a lot more fragile and have a lot more self-doubts than usual so I think they could be there for the taking.

Plus their squad is still thin and they have to replace two very key players in Brown and Griffiths. I've also never seen a Celtic manager on the defensive as much as Rodgers. I don't think he's enjoying himself and the John McGinn debacle really seemed to piss him off. Be interesting to see how much they spend in January. I'm guessing a couple of high profile loanees at least to help them get over the line. 

Not as good as they were, a bit shaky at the back at times but their midfield is miles ahead and that’s where games are won and lost. Maybe not defensively strong or have lots of depth but the technical ability is miles ahead, Rogic, McGregor, Christie, Forrest make the difference unfortunately in there. 

3 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

That's the only formation to fit all of our best and most experienced players with a very strong bench providing good options in every department, plus enough flexibility and strength in depth to vary the formation. Although I think I'd put McLean ahead of Vanacek as we were very good with him, Naismith and Uche in the same team, and Vanacek is an unknown right now. Potentially Brandon ahead of Smith when he's fit again.

Doyle

Wighton Vanacek

That backup team is giving me the absolute fear!

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

If that gives you the fear I'll raise you

Hamilton

Struna Nowak Avolantis Sowah

Cowie Tzolis

Walker Djoum Nicholson

Isma

:P 

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Why? It’s never going to be an actual team obviously (that would be some injury crisis!) but it shows  great strength in depth. Four full internationals. Four very promising youngsters (Cochrane and MacDonald could also make that team) and several players like Lee, Bozanic, Dikamona, Hughes and Brandon that have all played well in the first team.

7 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Yeah, I know what caused it and that is being classed as broken but surely it can't of been that trendy break that Rooney and Beckham got. Must have been much more severe for 5 months out.

Rooney and Beckham just had ordinary, straightforward broken metatarsals - doddle to diagnose, (relatively) quick to heal!

7 hours ago, OTT said:

If that gives you the fear I'll raise you

Hamilton

Struna Nowak Avolantis Sowah

Cowie Tzolis

Walker Djoum Nicholson

Isma

:P 

Ooft! Glad I saw that post in the morning otherwise i’d have been having nightmares about it! Although I would have to include the caveat that I was very impressed with Jack Hamilton against Rangers and it was the first time I thought we had maybe been too hasty is selling rather than losing him to Dundee. 

7 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Why? It’s never going to be an actual team obviously (that would be some injury crisis!) but it shows  great strength in depth. Four full internationals. Four very promising youngsters (Cochrane and MacDonald could also make that team) and several players like Lee, Bozanic, Dikamona, Hughes and Brandon that have all played well in the first team.

Nobody can explain ‘the fear’. It’s subjective and usually triggered by a lot alcohol and then waking up somewhere unfamiliar. However, if the names of certain footballers are posted in a particular order on Kickback  ‘the fear’ can be triggered within the unsuspecting posters mind! 

Edited by Mr Elwood P

11 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Doyle

Wighton Vanacek

Best 2nd eleven in the league ?

The important thing is we have the looking of a strong team when everyone is fit. Next season we should only need a couple of players of real quality and not a whole squad.

• 2 weeks later...