Scottish budget

DVB

Brighton Jambo
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Sorry but that garbage. The teachers are also garbage but that's been a fact since the early nineties.

The education system the SNP inherited wasn't great is what I'm saying. Labour has a lot to answer for too.

It doesn’t matter who is to blame in a high tax economy education standards should be increasing not decreasing.  People won’t tolerate tax increases and falling public service standards that’s is an unsustainable model

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brighton Jambo

• Ray Gin

• ri Alban

• Hasselhoff

1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

The insistence on keeping all kids in mainstream education is an utter joke.

the disruption caused to good kids education by appallingly behaved kids is scandalous .

I do agree with that, the “one size fits all” approach to education is one that doesn’t serve anyone well. Not all kids are academics, there should be other avenues available for them from an earlier age.

37 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

It doesn’t matter who is to blame in a high tax economy education standards should be increasing not decreasing.  People won’t tolerate tax increases and falling public service standards that’s is an unsustainable model

If it fails with higher tax income, then it's all down to the SNP. So let's give a try.

Why does your name have Brighton, do still live there?

Yes I am the King of Scots.

1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

The insistence on keeping all kids in mainstream education is an utter joke.

the disruption caused to good kids education by appallingly behaved kids is scandalous .

There's a reason kids act up. You really shouldn't be allowed near people's heads. You're a disgrace.

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

There's a reason kids act up. You really shouldn't be allowed near people's heads. You're a disgrace.

Cringe

4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Sorry but that garbage. The teachers are also garbage but that's been a fact since the early nineties.

The education system the SNP inherited wasn't great is what I'm saying. Labour has a lot to answer for too.

They've been in office more than a decade and it's statistically not in a great place. A raft of odd decisions from removing us from things like Pisa and then scrapping the National Numeracy and Literacy Survey both removed an ability to monitor the trends in pupil ability and outcomes.

The current statistics are reported as lacking rigour to show trends effectively. 

It's a mess of their making. The government dropped the ball on this in their last terms (2011-16) when they were focused elsewhere. Not to mention that most education funding is supported by local authorities who have seen real terms spending falls due to the SNP government underfunding those very authorities.

It's all a mess. Not irreversible. But to blame teachers is frankly a lazy and partisan assertion. I was at school throughout the 90s and early 00s. The standard of teacher was good and I got a lot out of education. 

Brighton Jambo
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

If it fails with higher tax income, then it's all down to the SNP. So let's give a try.

Why does your name have Brighton, do still live there?

Yes I am the King of Scots.

No i was born there but have lived 35 of my 38 years in Edinburgh/Glasgow 

Space Mackerel
On 12/12/2018 at 17:59, DVB said:

Big FU to the middle class.

if you are earning £50k you will pay £1500 more in tax than someone in England.

Additional Dwelling Tax up to 4% will stop buy to let which should reduce house price inflation but likely to drive up rents.

Remember them bus adverts too. ?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/health-44516123