Jurgen Klopp

i8hibsh

Is this prize winning welt actually fooling anyone with his 'fun, zany and funny Kloppy' act?

When he first arrived I really liked him and found him "fun, zany and funny".  The guy really grates on me.

Did he get fined or anything for running on the pitch v Everton?

He really does act it out.  Overplays every celebration.

2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

I like him.

Me too. Always have done even when he was at Bourrousia Dortmund. Must be a great personality in the dressing room.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
22 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Is this prize winning welt actually fooling anyone with his 'fun, zany and funny Kloppy' act?

When he first arrived I really liked him and found him "fun, zany and funny".  The guy really grates on me.

Polar opposite of you. I guess miserable people really grate on fun, zany, funny people too

1 minute ago, kila said:

He is eccentric and I quite like him.

And is he fooling anyone? Well his team are doing fantastically well for a start.

He's done well. 

Easy to dislike other people. Says more about the other person. 

9 minutes ago, Geoff the Mince said:

Change the name to Mourinho and i'd agree .

Whole different thread but I utterly detest him too.

6 minutes ago, kila said:

He is eccentric and I quite like him.

And is he fooling anyone? Well his team are doing fantastically well for a start.

Note : Not once did I mention his managerial abilities.

Tokyo Drifter
33 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Stop it. Guy's a legend #lfc

33 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

You'd be first to moan if all the managers were clones trotting out the same tired cliché lines, guys got a personality so you dislike him!?  

Just now, i8hibsh said:

Note : Not once did I mention his managerial abilities.

"...'fun, zany and funny Kloppy' act"

You think he behaves totally different to the players? If not, then you are talking about his managerial abilities too

I've even taken to Liverpool precisely because of Klopp.

Fabulous manager and, particularly man manager. 

Last night if Salah and Mane and a few others hadn't missed so many easy chances, they would have thrashed Napoli.

His addition of Van Dijk and a top keeper has sorted their defence and they are achieving a lot with a mediocre midfield. 

Edited by colinmaroon

The Treasurer

I think he's a bit like Ian Holloway.

Gives the "good guy, up for a laugh" public face but I suspect this hides a right nasty bassa when things don't go his way

41 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

He seems to be fooling the Liverpool players and fans as they clearly adore him, it must grate him that some moaning kickback poster doesnt like him. 

People i8 likes: John Lennon, Margaret Thatcher*.

People i8 hates: everyone else.

(*or even "worships")

Tynecastlesmychurch

Fair enough to the op. 

Personally I really like Klopp! Hes replaced José as my favorite premier league manager.  Plus hes helped make Robertson arguably one of the best left backs in world football so as a proud and long suffering Scotland fan I appreciate that!

1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Will spend the majority of his career finishing 2nd. 

yep, i know he won the eague in germany twice but he does seem to have a bit of a block now for winning things. What is it losing his last 4 finals (2CL, 1 EL and 1 league cup?)

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Guy is a winner and I find him entertaining. Reminds me a bit of mourinho in his 1st Chelsea stint. He comes across as a good guy in my eyes and not really sure why he would upset you so much. Horses for courses and all that I guess!

22 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

(*or even "worships")

That is so unfair! I also like Ringo, George, Paul, Robbo and Rudi

I love him!  :wub:

Did he get fined or anything for running on the pitch v Everton?

He really does act it out.  Overplays every celebration.

was either 6 or 8k fine

Just now, Godfather said:

was either 6 or 8k fine

Pennies.  

I just feel his over exuberance is contrived.

34 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

That is so unfair! I also like Ringo, George, Paul, Robbo and Rudi

:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Auld Reekin' said:

(*or even "worships")

The thumb as well.lol

39 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

Guy is a winner and I find him entertaining. Reminds me a bit of mourinho in his 1st Chelsea stint. He comes across as a good guy in my eyes and not really sure why he would upset you so much. Horses for courses and all that I guess!

Not for 6 years has he won anything.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
1 hour ago, Auld Reekin' said:

(*or even "worships")

You forgot Tommy Robinson and Donald Trump. :cornette:

Pasquale for King

Great manager and a great guy, hopefully he will win the league this year. He and Pep are similar in many ways, not won anywhere near what Mourinho has but play better football and more popular with everyone.

I must admit to really liking him. 

I enjoy his news conferences. Could listen to the guy talk football all day. He has so much knowledge of the game. 

I remember reading Sir Alex Ferguson's comments, when Klopp took the managers job at Liverpool. 

He said " Klopp is a winner with pedigree. He could possibly make Liverpool English champions again!" 

Hate liverpool but like him. Would be great to play under him. However the holding hands and cheering the kop after drawing 2-2 with west brom was a bit cringe.

36 minutes ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

You forgot Tommy Robinson and Donald Trump. :cornette:

I very much like Donald Trump that is for sure and wish he was my president. 

No idea why people say I love TR.  I just do not see him as this devil he is portrayed to be and subsequently all the drones adopt that opinion.  I believe TR no longer drinks but I would love to have a pint with him and a good chat.

SectionDJambo

People say he doesn’t win things and look back at his record in Germany to, partly, back it up. I can’t understand this.

He took Dortmund from ordinary, to absolutely destroying Bayern Munich in 2012, winning the double, the year after they had already taken the league championship off Bayern. Dortmund beat  Bayern 5-2 in the 2012 cup final, (the week before another team scored 5 in a cup final ?). This was a major humiliation for Bayern, and Beckenbauer had the piss taken on live tv after the match.

Then Bayern did what the likes of Celtic do here, by unsettling Dortmund players through agents and the press. They didn’t take kindly to being overshadowed by a team from the north, and really shifted into gear from then on.

Dortmund then lost a cup final to Bayern after having a good, potentially match winning, goal disallowed.

People in the UK don’t appreciate how big a juggernaut Bayern are. To give an example, when they lost to Chelsea in the 2012 European cup final on their own ground, it was the final straw for them. They resolved to take their place back in Germany, and win the the European cup in London, to make up for losing to an English club on their own ground. They did both.

Klopp still managed to compete with Bayern during this time, but it became harder due to Bayern’s financial clout.

He will win trophies at Liverpool, I think, but now he has the financial clout of Manchester City to contend with, but no other team in England looks capable of having the attacking intensity of Liverpool to take on the challenge. It’s not easy to win trophies in England.

Edited by SectionDJambo

4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Pennies.  

I just feel his over exuberance is contrived.

It's not. See Antonio Conte for unbearable contrived exuberance. Klopp is genuinely passionate and excitable, think he's brilliant tbh. 

5 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Who doesn’t win things. 

Except the back to back bundesliga titles, German cup, 2 German super cups..... Ok he's lost 3 champions league finals but I would argue with Dortmund and Liverpool he had them punching above their weight even getting there. 

It amazing how he has the media eating out his hands while delivering no silver-wear.

Yes he won some titles in Germany, but it’s far from true that Munich were invincible at that time. Various other sides had won the league in the years proceeding BD win, Munich were winning the league every other year, but other teams were stopping them doing it all of the time. 

Since his initial wins he has went years without any trophies, spend a crazy amount of money at Liverpool and 3 years into his time at the club won nothing. Probably on Rodgers was at Liverpool for as long without delivering silverwear. 

This season he has had a great start in the league, however again the big games away from home he has struggled. 3 loses in the CL. Then out the other big sides in EPL this season, Chelsea lost in cup and drew in league, City draw at home, Arsenal draw away. Only Spurs is the ‘big 6’ side he has beaten. Similar to his record in big games since 2013 - losing final after final. 

No doubt they will turn over a very poor Man U side, but for the money the guy has spent and not to deliver silverwear but somehow avoids critism, well he must have had great media training at some point in his career. 

I think he’s a great personality and is clear a great coach as well. Liverpool will win things with Kloop and they are Citehs kryptonite.