Naismith signing??

Baxfee

peebles jambo
12 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

These are the times I wish I was bigger, so I could suck ma own lollipop. 

this quote made me laugh?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gjcc

• pettigrewsstylist

• Jamhammer

• Beast Boy

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect Naismith to have options. 

At his age i also expect him to choose the best option for him, which would be where the money is. 

I won't hold a grudge if he goes somewhere else. He is clearly still good enough to do a job for many.

I loved his Levein quotes though. 

A health scare earlier this season didn’t stop Levein returning to work just over two weeks later – epitomising his commitment to Hearts. “From speaking to him, I think it was a bit of scare. It would be the same for anyone. For him to be back two weeks later... I must admit I don’t think I’ve met anyone who loves a club as much as he does. He’s there for our training in the morning then stays all night. He knows every academy kid’s name and background, which is very rare in a football club. It is an enjoyable environment to be in.”

some on here would do well to take that in.

5 minutes ago, Bauld said:

At his age i also expect him to choose the best option for him, which would be where the money is. 

I won't hold a grudge if he goes somewhere else. He is clearly still good enough to do a job for many.

A health scare earlier this season didn’t stop Levein returning to work just over two weeks later – epitomising his commitment to Hearts. “From speaking to him, I think it was a bit of scare. It would be the same for anyone. For him to be back two weeks later... I must admit I don’t think I’ve met anyone who loves a club as much as he does. He’s there for our training in the morning then stays all night. He knows every academy kid’s name and background, which is very rare in a football club. It is an enjoyable environment to be in.”

They won’t though. 

The Old Tolbooth
5 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Exactly, nail on the head for me mate. 

7 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Kickbackers know better, apparently. He's a very arrogant and unlikable individual - a dinosaur stuck in the footballing dark ages, hell bent on destroying the club from the inside. So we've been told.

Governor Tarkin
14 minutes ago, Bauld said:

I'm at my work 16 hours a day and know everybody by name too but I'm still shite at it.

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I'm at my work 16 hours a day and know everybody by name too but I'm still shite at it.

Did you oversee your company becoming the best in the country before losing your best employees to long-term absences?

21 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Whilst I agree broadly with your point, I'm interested in why his best option is where the money is?

Given he's probably earned minimum 30k a week plus for the last 5 years, seems to be switched on and with a wife who (i believe) is a dentist so logically earns above average money why would he need to chase money? 

I'd suggest the place which gave him the best career satisfaction and best quality of life for his family would be the choice. That may not be Hearts btw, but I'm genuinely confused why he would need to have money as the deciding factor.

Governor Tarkin
9 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Did you oversee your company becoming the best in the country before losing your best employees to long-term absences?

No. I'm just shite at it.

9 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

Whilst I agree broadly with your point, I'm interested in why his best option is where the money is?

Given he's probably earned minimum 30k a week plus for the last 5 years, seems to be switched on and with a wife who (i believe) is a dentist so logically earns above average money why would he need to chase money? 

I'd suggest the place which gave him the best career satisfaction and best quality of life for his family would be the choice. That may not be Hearts btw, but I'm genuinely confused why he would need to have money as the deciding factor.

Same reason i would. Same reason i go to work every day.

I want to earn as much as i possibly can before I'm too old to do so. So i can provide for my family, try and enjoy a few luxuries along the way, have a cushion for my family should anything unexpected happen and to put enough away for the offspring so that he might get a good start and go on to hopefully do the same.

1 minute ago, Bauld said:

Same reason i would. Same reason i go to work every day.

I want to earn as much as i possibly can before I'm too old to do so. So i can provide for my family, try and enjoy a few luxuries along the way, have a cushion for my family should anything unexpected happen and to put enough away for the offspring so that he might get a good start and go on to hopefully do the same.

That's my point. He's not you or I.

I would imagine given he's earned a 7 figure salary for 5 years he probably already has done that many times over.

He's also said himself it's not about the money. Maybe just covering himself, but I genuinely think the money would be a secondary consideration.

5 hours ago, dode said:

Look forward to the usual E news story with quotes 

“ Hearts fans react to possible Naismith signing”

?

He we are https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/has-christmas-come-early-hearts-fans-react-as-steven-naismith-s-open-to-permanent-deal-1-4842968

Sadly, the lollipop quote didn't make it, but "pants down at the thought" did.

8 minutes ago, Forrest said:

Next up will be 'Hearts fans react to Hearts fans' reaction on EEN'

1 hour ago, Bauld said:

Im not sure money will be the driving factor.  It may be longer term for naismith, a coaching and management career, which he may get an opertunity with at Hearts to pursue these.  

3 minutes ago, Haken said:

Next up will be 'Hearts fans react to Hearts fans' reaction on EEN'

At this time I am happy to "hold back" from getting overly excited about him signing for us.

All I want for Christmas is for SN to be fit and back playing for us until the end of the season.

What happens after the season is over happens.

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

I think a key factor could be whether he sees himself moving into management in the future, as I don't think he'd find a better place to make the first steps into coaching/management

A guaranteed coaching role when he retires should be mentioned to him, he already does it on the park. We simply have to sign him as evidenced by our recent form, we coped without the other three big injured players, even with those three we would struggle without him.

37 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

At this time I am happy to "hold back" from getting overly excited about him signing for us.

All I want for Christmas is for SN to be fit and back playing for us until the end of the season.

What happens after the season is over happens.

Quite right.  Best not to get too excited about these things.  Maroon scarf and all that.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Believe me, it's a curse :(

On the Naismith news however...

:glorious:

Not get out much ?

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, Forrest said:

Wow, the EEN are getting more brazen & shamelss by the hour

No acknowledgement of source

1 hour ago, Forrest said:

?

5 seconds out of my 15 minutes of fame thanks to a wank joke. Great. 

3 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Kickback has to have a Miss West Lothian Contest thread to get recognition on there these days. 

maroonlegions
7 hours ago, DH1986 said:

He must have be looking to end his career early through injury given how substandard our training methods are.....not to mention that dodgy medical staff.........

And there it is , the first dodgy comment. FTH.

3 hours ago, itsnomarooned said:

Says Levein doesn't hold a grudge.  My impression is the opposite.  Anyway, who cares, potentially great news here.

I think CL has mellowed with age, as most do who have anything about them...

9 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Hope he signs permanently with a view of coaching with us. Incredible influence he has had thus far........ 

Thats my take on it.

Plus building or has built a new house in stewarton. Planning to settle the family with a longer term view to finish his playing days  here and take on a coaches role would also be my shout

Son Of Anarchy
9 hours ago, Bauld said:

Couldn't agree more. 

He’s got at least another 3-4 years at this level. He doesn’t need pace when he has that level of intelligence. We can hopefully offer long term security but I think we’d need to also show him some ambition that we mean business and sign players which will lighten the load on his shoulders. 

i wish jj was my dad
14 hours ago, copa-mundial said:

There's just so much encouragement to read from that interview. 

The way he continually talks so highly about Levein abundantly, is something else. 

More so the part when he says 

"I must admit I don’t think I’ve met anyone who loves a club as much as he does. He’s there for our training in the morning then stays all night. He knows every academy kid’s name and background, which is very rare in a football club. It is an enjoyable environment to be in."

What an unbelievable guy to have in your team both on and off the pitch. 

But but Levein only turns up at training on Thursdays. 

I SN thinks that highly of Craig it really shows these guys up for what they are. Hopefully, that respect secures SN on a 2 or 3 year deal.

1 hour ago, dazajmbo said:

Lets not forget we nearly signed him on a permanent deal.

TWICE

We looking to bring in any other players In January daza? 

pettigrewsstylist
11 hours ago, Bauld said:

Especially after last 10 yrs. Agreed

pettigrewsstylist
11 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Presumably you have to be there... and dont have a prof ex player and mgrs bank balance/pension plan.

pettigrewsstylist
10 hours ago, Dalstonjambo said:

Also re-ignited his march toward scotland hall of fame?

18 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Kickbackers know better, apparently. He's a very arrogant and unlikable individual - a dinosaur stuck in the footballing dark ages, hell bent on destroying the club from the inside. So we've been told.

You forgot “terrified” and “craven” - “serial loser”.

20 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Do you love your work?

Governor Tarkin
37 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Do you love your work?

Of course. That's why I persevere despite my shortcomings. Pays well too.

2 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

You forgot “terrified” and “craven” - “serial loser”.

Craven as in cowardly?

Levein cowardly?

Sheesh. ?

1 hour ago, El Diez said:

Craven as in cowardly?

Levein cowardly?

Sheesh. ?

Yep. It should be pointed out however that this was not the assessment of a qualified and professional psychologist. Although reading it, you would be forgiven for thinking it was.

4 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Of course. That's why I persevere despite my shortcomings. Pays well too.

Are you Craig Levein? ?

Bazzas right boot

Wouldn't be exaggerating to say he's the best player in the league. 

To have him at Hearts is brilliant. 

I also think Berra is the best defender in the league. 

Not a bad place to start with them two. 

On 12/12/2018 at 04:21, Bauld said:

It's baffling the stick Levein gets from some quarters. I honestly don't get it. He's been a great player, good manager and decent DoF for us, on top of which he's literally helped save the club as a major part of the team that have dragged us back up from admin to challenging at the top of the league. There are so many other people to have a go at, it's so weird that the whole support isn't united behind Levein. He's basically one of us at heart.

Edited by Guest

On 12/12/2018 at 06:25, Ricardo Quaresma said:

It's crazy what passes for journalism these days. Trawling forums and social media for "stories" and reactions. What happened to getting off your arse and down to Tynecastle to interview people?

23 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Wouldn't be exaggerating to say he's the best player in the league. 

To have him at Hearts is brilliant. 

I also think Berra is the best defender in the league. 

Not a bad place to start with them two. 

Spot on.  And I just think there may be a wee benefactor in the wings who in association with Mrs Budge will make this happen. 

I'm not itk in the least but I'll be very surprised if I'm wrong