Naismith signing??

Baxfee

Wee story on Naismith I heard a few weeks ago but never bothered posting. 

The summer prior to his January move to us, Sunderland had had a bid of £11 million accepted by Norwich, and Naismith was happy to discuss the move. He was all set to travel to Sunderland when they delayed the meeting. They then rearranged it, so he again set off to go and see what they were all about. His salary had broadly been agreed before he actually travelled, but upon arriving, he quickly found Sunderland trying to move the goalposts regarding his wages, and how they’d be structured. He politely told them to **** off and headed back down to Norwich. 

The moral of of the story is that less than two seasons ago, Stevie Naismith was worth £11 million in the English market. Whilst he’s probably not worth that now, down there I reckon he’d still be worth £6 or £7 million. 

The close contact of his (who shall remain nameless) also told me he’s delighted to be at Hearts and thrives off the antagonistic nature of football up here. He likes the fact that he’s ‘hated’ by fans of other clubs, and finds it genuinely drives him on. It’s something he missed whilst in England. I was told that, unless something mind blowing comes his way, he will see out his playing career at Hearts, and would happily move into coaching at Tynecastle. He feels at home with us. 

Anyway as I say, might no be the greatest story in the world, and I wouldn’t have started a thread over it or anything, but probably worth mentioning here. 

Naismith gets Hearts. 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gjcc

• pettigrewsstylist

• Jamhammer

• Beast Boy

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

The summer prior to his January move to us, Sunderland had had a bid of £11 million accepted by Norwich, and Naismith was happy to discuss the move. He was all set to travel to Sunderland when they delayed the meeting. They then rearranged it, so he again set off to go and see what they were all about. His salary had broadly been agreed before he actually travelled, but upon arriving, he quickly found Sunderland trying to move the goalposts regarding his wages, and how they’d be structured. He politely told them to **** off and headed back down to Norwich. 

The moral of of the story is that less than two seasons ago, Stevie Naismith was worth £11 million in the English market. Whilst he’s probably not worth that now, down there I reckon he’d still be worth £6 or £7 million. 

The close contact of his (who shall remain nameless) also told me he’s delighted to be at Hearts and thrives off the antagonistic nature of football up here. He likes the fact that he’s ‘hated’ by fans of other clubs, and finds it genuinely drives him on. It’s something he missed whilst in England. I was told that, unless something mind blowing comes his way, he will see out his playing career at Hearts, and would happily move into coaching at Tynecastle. He feels at home with us. 

Anyway as I say, might no be the greatest story in the world, and I wouldn’t have started a thread over it or anything, but probably worth mentioning here. 

Naismith gets Hearts. 

Thanks for posting. The bit about him enjoying being hated by other teams made me laugh.

Edited by 8skacel8

38 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Naismith gets Hearts. 

Nice to hear. ??

I think the coaching comment in the article and how Levein takes a step back allowing the coaches to have an input could well be a wee indicator of Naismith's intentions.

1 hour ago, Mr Sifter said:

Naismith gets Hearts. 

you-can-ring-my-bell.gif