Bobby Burns

scott herbertson

5 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

Someone will take a punt on the lad Pittman at Livvy 

Their captain at Centerhalf is decent. I’d take him. 

EastSideJambo
7 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Quite a few will get picked off out of that side. Easy to forget of that side were playing Scottish League One two years ago 

I'm sure a number of these Livvy players will be on less than £500 pw basic 

scott herbertson
Just now, Doomgoose said:

Where's Burns playing, LB?

Not sure but he has been involved defensively a few times so I think you are right

Bazzas right boot

2-1 livi. 

Clarke is getting allot of praise, quite right but Holt at livi has done unbelievable as well. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Doomgoose said:

Where's Burns playing, LB?

Up front on Live Scores but that's as reliable as Green Ginger 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
20 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Aberdeen rumour alert. McKenna out Halkett in. January allegedly 

Halkett? Who's he? Singer in Aha?

Seriously though, Friday will be tough. A draw there and a win against Aberdeen would be a result at the moment.

haveyouheard 22

If lady luck had shone on Hearts a tad we would be well challenging right now  IMHO..saying that there is plenty there to suggest an excellent 2nd place

3 minutes ago, haveyouheard 22 said:

If lady luck had shone on Hearts a tad we would be well challenging right now  IMHO..saying that there is plenty there to suggest an excellent 2nd place

Not even lady luck. If refs had just done their jobs right the two games before Well we’d be level on pts with Celtic. I can’t think of any game-changing decisions as obviously wrong as those to “even out” those 2 horrendous decisions.

I'd say they definetly have a few gems. That Dolly Menga seems to be pretty decent, as others have mentioned Halkett is looking good. I'd be keen on trying to grab Matthew Knox, loads of hype a couple of years ago and seems to have died down a bit. Don't know if Livi can afford to roll the dice on him being a player or not so worth offering them a player/ cash deal

21 minutes ago, kila said:

Ah well. Is this on the telly somewhere?

Just the radio, im watching Liverpool and listening to it. Aberdeen pushing for a winner. A draw would be a good result for us. 

scott herbertson
46 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Desmond. 

Bobby skinned again and subbed. Guess he isn't a full back 

To be fair he has played a lot in midfield and when I saw him in the preseason friendly up in Arbroath that looked his natural position (he played well)

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

To be fair he has played a lot in midfield and when I saw him in the preseason friendly up in Arbroath that looked his natural position (he played well)

Yeah don't think that's where we would see him

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not even lady luck. If refs had just done their jobs right the two games before Well we’d be level on pts with Celtic. I can’t think of any game-changing decisions as obviously wrong as those to “even out” those 2 horrendous decisions.

Laffertys challenge on Lustig  & Naismith lucky not to be red carded v Celtic, Uches tackle v Motherwell could’ve went either way, Dickers red card v Killie, Motherwells goal on Saturday was harshly ruled out too, technically Godhino should’ve been off v Aberdeen for his challenge on McGinn as he didn’t attempt to get the ball, Clare should’ve had a red v Rangers. All contentious compared to an offside goal and a phantom penalty though.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Desmond. 

Bobby skinned again and subbed. Guess he isn't a full back 

Far too slow to play there. 

21 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Laffertys challenge on Lustig  & Naismith lucky not to be red carded v Celtic, Uches tackle v Motherwell could’ve went either way, Dickers red card v Killie, Motherwells goal on Saturday was harshly ruled out too, technically Godhino should’ve been off v Aberdeen for his challenge on McGinn as he didn’t attempt to get the ball, Clare should’ve had a red v Rangers. All contentious compared to an offside goal and a phantom penalty though.

Bizarre 

portobellojambo1
2 hours ago, haveyouheard 22 said:

For the amount of time we have had to play without 4 recognised first team players (Naismith, Ikpeazu, Berra and Souttar) I expected we, once we started losing, would slip down the league quite dramatically. But truth is we are still in a very good position league wise, and the Scottish Cup has still to come. If we can pick up some points from the games versus Livingston, Aberdeen and Hibs pre the Winter shutdown we could restart following that break in a very decent league position with the chance to kick on again.

1 minute ago, portobellojambo1 said:

For the amount of time we have had to play without 4 recognised first team players (Naismith, Ikpeazu, Berra and Souttar) I expected we, once we started losing, would slip down the league quite dramatically. But truth is we are still in a very good position league wise, and the Scottish Cup has still to come. If we can pick up some points from the games versus Livingston, Aberdeen and Hibs pre the Winter shutdown we could restart following that break in a very decent league position with the chance to kick on again.

Yip. Still hanging in there and a few more points to be ground out before the break hopefully. 

4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

All extremely debatable and odd for a Hearts fan to bring them up. Uche for example was a clear 50-50. None were as obviously completely wrong (as agreed by everyone) and game changing decsions as the two vs rangers and st j.

12 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

2-1 livi. 

Clarke is getting allot of praise, quite right but Martindale at livi has done unbelievable as well. 

FTFY

fabienleclerq
11 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Wrong website?

6 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

All extremely debatable and odd for a Hearts fan to bring them up. Uche for example was a clear 50-50. None were as obviously completely wrong (as agreed by everyone) and game changing decsions as the two vs rangers and st j.

Outed!!!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Apparently endured a torrid time at left back last night from those in attendance. I could see him more in a Haring type role to be honest. Hope it doesn't affect his confidence, met him at Tynie at the Rangers game, lovely lad

Pasquale for King
8 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Was just playing devils advocate and answering the question, doesn’t mean I think all of these incidents were mistakes. I did say the offside goal and penalty were worse than any of them.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

Wrong website?

Quite a few people who can’t take their Maroon tinted specs off,we  can’t moan about refereeing mistakes without questioning some that may have gone for us. Should Madden not have ;- ruled out their 2nd goal, sent off Morelos&Clare?

42 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Quite a few people who can’t take their Maroon tinted specs off,we  can’t moan about refereeing mistakes without questioning some that may have gone for us. Should Madden not have ;- ruled out their 2nd goal, sent off Morelos&Clare?

Of course we/other clubs get away with some decisions. The problem is the OF get away with them on a regular basis to the point the tide is generally always with them.

Has a referee ever booked an OF player for something they did in a previous game? Like Beaton booking Walker at Ibrox for 'diving' when he got clean taken out. That was purely Beaton got his own back for Walker's dive v Celtic which won a penalty, ignoring the fact Walker was named, shamed and banned for it.

In a nutshell, the OF are allowed more freedom to do what they like on the park over the course of the season because the TV rights are all based around the OF. The SFA thinks the league needs the OF at the top to sell the league so the OF get the benefit of the doubt a lot more than the rest. Or a blind eye turned. It has been going on for decades...

Edited by kila

Pasquale for King
56 minutes ago, kila said:

Of course we/other clubs get away with some decisions. The problem is the OF get away with them on a regular basis to the point the tide is generally always with them.

Has a referee ever booked an OF player for something they did in a previous game? Like Beaton booking Walker at Ibrox for 'diving' when he got clean taken out. That was purely Beaton got his own back for Walker's dive v Celtic which won a penalty, ignoring the fact Walker was named, shamed and banned for it.

In a nutshell, the OF are allowed more freedom to do what they like on the park over the course of the season because the TV rights are all based around the OF. The SFA thinks the league needs the OF at the top to sell the league so the OF get the benefit of the doubt a lot more than the rest. Or a blind eye turned. It has been going on for decades...

I couldn’t agree more, irs been like that since I stated watching Hearts aged 2 1/2 in the 70s. Has anyone who has run the club done anything about it? CL has had a pop at the SFA a few times then was given the top job when he was challenging the status quo off and on the pitch. 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Classy response, get your head out the sand.

It was the response your post deserved!

He is making the step up from part time/ just out of school to professional and in another country. I think it says a lot about his attitude and ability that he is able to force his way into Livi's team. Hopefully he takes this season to settle in and we might see him in the team next year?

fabienleclerq
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don't know a single Hearts fan that would rattle off a list with decisions have gone for us like that. Uches tackle ewasnt even dubious for starters and Dicker went over the top of the ball.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, fabienleclerq said:

I don't know a single Hearts fan that would rattle off a list with decisions have gone for us like that. Uches tackle ewasnt even dubious for starters and Dicker went over the top of the ball.

Sorry if my memory to answer a question is too much for you, or how I can see both sides sometimes. If you had read my post properly I said they could be seen as contentious, Uche did make contact with that Carson and if he’d done that to Gordon or Macgregor

In Glasgow it’s likely a red card would be given. Dicker again was a red card for me. 

I was just pointing out what people could say, or have said on Sportscene. I don’t believe they even themselves out, I think refs are biased and useless and apart from CL challenging them now and then I’ve never seen anyone at our club do anything about it. 

Glenavon have accepted a bid from Port Vale for Bobby’s pal Mark Sykes. We were credited with an interest in him a while back - as were hibs. Wonder if we’ll take another look in the coming days.

6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Was just playing devils advocate and answering the question, doesn’t mean I think all of these incidents were mistakes. I did say the offside goal and penalty were worse than any of them.

That wasn't my point though. I know there are marginal calls that go one way or the other and that for non-OF teams they might generally even out. However, we all know the OF get more marginal calls than anyone else.

However, the point is in order for those two decisions to even out we need a completely "softer than soft" penalty where everyone agrees it wasn't a penalty in a million years and a blatantly offside goal where everyone agrees it was offside. I won't hold my breath.

19 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Yip. Still hanging in there and a few more points to be ground out before the break hopefully. 

Celtic with tough away games also

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

That wasn't my point though. I know there are marginal calls that go one way or the other and that for non-OF teams they might generally even out. However, we all know the OF get more marginal calls than anyone else.

However, the point is in order for those two decisions to even out we need a completely "softer than soft" penalty where everyone agrees it wasn't a penalty in a million years and a blatantly offside goal where everyone agrees it was offside. I won't hold my breath.

Apologies if I picked you up wrong,  I doubt if we will get anything especially as I expect Levein to fight them all the way about this misconduct charge.